Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Palace Game as a Tourist in the Isla Gladstone - Advice Please

1. #1 Default Palace Game as a Tourist in the Isla Gladstone - Advice Please 
    Steve Conroy is offline Armchair supporter
    Hi All

Bought my lad a ticket for the Palace game as an 18th birthday present. (We've got STs at Sheffield United, but I know he'd rather be at Anfield.) Only way I could figure out to get one was hospitality so we're in the Isla Gladstone Conservatory. I hope he appreciates it.

Anyway, we're arriving in Liverpool by train at about 1:30 and leaving at about 9pm. Can anyone here help with suggestions for what we could do in the time before and after the game? He's a Beatles fan so anything in that area would be welcome. I'd probably head for the Tate and the Museum of Slavery.

My history with Liverpool is I've only ever been to one game at Anfield. Stood on the Kop and watched you beat an in-form West Ham 6-0 many years ago. I remember being impressed with Rush's speed and finishing, and the fact that when you were 5-0 up you had a song for it, 1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4,5-0. Brilliant

Any help appreciated, I'd like him to get the most out of the day. Especially as I've spent a fortune

Cheers

Steve
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Conroy View Post
    Hi All

Bought my lad a ticket for the Palace game as an 18th birthday present. (We've got STs at Sheffield United, but I know he'd rather be at Anfield.) Only way I could figure out to get one was hospitality so we're in the Isla Gladstone Conservatory. I hope he appreciates it.

Anyway, we're arriving in Liverpool by train at about 1:30 and leaving at about 9pm. Can anyone here help with suggestions for what we could do in the time before and after the game? He's a Beatles fan so anything in that area would be welcome. I'd probably head for the Tate and the Museum of Slavery.

My history with Liverpool is I've only ever been to one game at Anfield. Stood on the Kop and watched you beat an in-form West Ham 6-0 many years ago. I remember being impressed with Rush's speed and finishing, and the fact that when you were 5-0 up you had a song for it, 1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4,5-0. Brilliant

Any help appreciated, I'd like him to get the most out of the day. Especially as I've spent a fortune

Cheers

Steve
    I'm sure I work there.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    What time do you have to be there for your meal?

It's in Stanley Park and you will walk to the stadium.

Your tickets are in the Anfield Road End?
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Not sure you'll have much time before the game to be honest. Don't underestimate the time it takes to get to Anfield from city centre (traffic is a pain).

Steve Conroy is offline Armchair supporter
    Thanks for the replies. Point noted about traffic.

Tickets arrived yesterday. Apparently the Isla Gladstone opens three hours(!) before the game, plenty of time to go Augustus Gloop.

To answer the question: we are in the Anfield Road End.

It might be that we just wander through the city, stuff our faces, and get into the ground to experience the build up. We often arrive three quarters of an hour early for our (Sheffield United's) home games.

After the game hopefully Conroy Jr will be full of it and want to tell me all about what I've just seen.

Cheers

hope it's a good match then, and hope you have a great day steve