Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative Political Systems - How They Could Work & Work Better? Join In With Yours

1. #1 Default Alternative Political Systems - How They Could Work & Work Better? Join In With Yours 
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    No problem. The system I'm thinking of would be radically different from the system we have now (of course it is).

Firstly there would be a cultural change. I know Ron is ex military so I quite liked the Marine Code. I think it is nice to have a code of ethics. So anybody joining, participating in a political party, running for position whatever must pledge allegiance to the Coach Political Code.

The code is Humanity. Environment. National Population. Political Integrity. Party. Self.

The next step will be that there is an abolition of party leaders. Nobody is a leader and all parties must formulate general policy with strict adherence unless another democratic party vote allows change. Each party can post in writing their policies and ideologies to be read on free to air TV stations, public libraries, on line and in print.

Media is only allowed to discuss policy. Local MP's cannot appear on TV, nor can they talk on radio and the only means of party communication other than through non verbal disclosure of policy is face to face engagement with people in their local areas. Weekly meetings, question and answer sessions and face to face explanations of policy are allowed. This will force interaction and prevent mass manipulation through sophisticated methods.

The nation is divided into equality areas and equality sub areas. This is a system of dividing the nation into sections or sub sections geographically.

You vote for a party, not a person. This exactly encourage those craving power and celebrity to fight to the top. The party with the most votes wins.

Each party must declare a representative for their respective sub areas, or an independent can stand. When an election victory is achieved that party decides national budgets for all government activities on a national level only.

Then the budget is distributed using a system that cannot be changed or altered called the equality system. Of the sections of the country, the sections with the most wealth receive the least funding automatically. In the sub sections the poorest areas of those sections receive the most funding until there is equality.

Each section is run by the party in power. However it is a working coalition of all those that ran for office and achieved enough votes to serve. At this point until another election is called all members of each party must form a local government and work for the party in power as they declared in their oath to put national population interests first. Learn how and why they want to do what they do, become familiar with co-operation above confrontation and they can happily report backs faults or benefits the current ruling party put in place.

There is also a second caveat which is the taxation system. This is also equality based. Those in the highest sub section for wealth, in the wealthiest sections pay the most tax. The poorest areas in the poorest sections pay the least. This is absolutely the same for population as it is corporation.

Local districts can only 'hire' or 'train' local people or local businesses to run and build the systems needed. That means if a poor area of the country receives the majority of funding for transport as it has the worst transport system then a corporation wishing to utilise that and bid for contract would have to be prepared to build a sustainable system in that poorer area. However the huge benefit would be they pay lower tax in income for the new company they set up there.

Corporations can only own 50% of the company set up in any area the other 50% must be owned by the district itself. Low taxes, lower taxes for employees creates a mutually beneficial system for business moving and more evenly distributing amongst the population.

The long term goal is to equalise wealth and have each local district completely self sufficient for food, energy, shelter, education and transport. All party members will have basic pay but will be paid on performance. If party X wins and they equalise wealth and improve living standards for the majority they all receive bonuses along with the candidates for other parties who were assimilated for the term of office.

If one party succeeds even opposition party members assimilated benefit.

The final system is that capital interest is illegal. Banks cannot charge interest. If they collapse because of this then the nation will acquire them and provide money to the national government interest free. If required a basic minimum wage will be given to the population until living standards rise sufficiently.

All political meetings are public in every party, every meeting. Total transparency notorised. The economy will focus on science, technology innovation, self sufficiency, problem solving as will education. There will be no testing in schools.

Education will be a place to love learning. There will be core principles of compassion, honesty, co-operation, problem solving, mental and physical health as well as logic taught in schools as the main focus supplemented with mastery of science, language and mathematics. These skills are transferable to any chosen path in future.

Each citizen will be entitled equal DDM (Democratic Decision Maker). As you equalise in monetary terms people will receive titles for service to communities. There will either be land redistribution or population redistribution to fully utilise the land.

Television must contain 50% educational TV. 50% of TV must be made locally. For Radio 50% of music must be produced by national acts. Every industry has the same distribution factors. If London is the home of recording artists they face the same high taxes. If the population cannot afford the expensive music produced in London then music producers and distributors will have to relocate or offer localised talent opportunities.

You can go on and on but I like this system. I'm happy to let you tear it apart.

It is a political system based around co-operation. Firstly there are systems for distribution replacing humans with self interest. There is a smaller government. There is larger investment available for private sector just on a localised basis.

All party members must pledge to serve humanity, environment, population before self. They must also co-operate with each other. It would lead to smaller government. Less confrontation and any company tendering for local services must also make the same pledge but put corporation in instead of self. They would be 50% owned by the district and completely reliant upon that district for labour so business and nation working together.

I highlighted how society would be structured just to pre answer as many questions as possible. If you want a simple electoral system you have to block the ways wealth, corporations and power can exploit that electoral system.
    Last edited by Coach791; 20-4-17 at 16:45.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Deleted / its moved

Wow - i get mentioned in dispatches

Coach -
    schools have a good code of conduct - try your best and impact on other positively - clubs and societies have no bearing on your general demeanour

With the march of technology, military no longer provides the backbone it once did, drone, AI, guided missiles, computers and mobilephones have all changed the face of warfare - Education and Information are now the watchwords in avoiding chaos

Also attached to the code of conduct - people are no longer god fearing, so naming rights, marriage, death need to have a non religious path..... In doing so then politics and religion can be deemed a club or society and can be treated like sports events and membership - also unions

People can have their multinational, multicultural society but it doesn't impact the base code of conduct....
    Last edited by Mysteron; 20-4-17 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

Coach -
    schools have a good code of conduct - try your best and impact on other positively - clubs and societies have no bearing on your general demeanour

With the march of technology, military no longer provides the backbone it once did, drone, AI, guided missiles, computers and mobilephones have all changed the face of warfare - Education and Information are now the watchwords in avoiding chaos

Also attached to the code of conduct - people are no longer god fearing, so naming rights, marriage, death need to have a non religious path..... In doing so then politics and religion can be deemed a club or society and can be treated like sports events and membership - also unions

People can have their multinational, multicultural society but it doesn't impact the base code of conduct....
    Other thread Ron

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Deleted
    Aaargh, i moved it for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Aaargh, i moved it for you!!!
    Thanks

Deleted / its moved
    You sound like a Dalek there Ron. Feel free to offer a critique Ron, without anger, astonishment or declaring it waffle preferably

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You sound like a Dalek there Ron. Feel free to offer a critique Ron, without anger, astonishment or declaring it waffle preferably
    I did - I will and I have done....

Sorry Coach, I haven't got my head around your idea yet but I have my own..

Make ME Supreme leader/Emperor! I'll have it all sorted, trust me. It'll be the best system in history, believe me, it'd be fantastic! Trust me, it'll be great!

Deleted / its moved

Coach -

Schools test Ron. They don't teach children problem solving, they don't teach compassion, co-operation, they set rigid systems and then force children to listen and repeat. This is just a better way it will create healthier, smarter, kinder humans that will benefit society more.

Technology would be the focus aside from the humanity aspect that would be the bedrock. There would be no chaos as there is no government to corrupt. Decisions are made and systems created that cannot be influenced. You reduce human error or human corruption.

We don't need a huge military. I would support nationally acquiring nuclear weapons in this system so we don't have to worry about invasion. However the army will be democratic in the same way. For too long the wealthy have sacrificed the poor on the front line.

Now each section and sub section will have requirements for military service much lower than now. Each section and sub section has to vote for war for war to happen. The wealthiest parts of the country they will be on the front line in equal numbers to the poorest.

Then let's see if war is voted for. If it is fair enough.

I'm not interested in religion. It is not in the political system or society at all. If you wish to practice personally in your own time that's up to you. However a code of conduct around humanity, compassion and co-operation will be the focus in education.

This means religions, in particular extremist religions will struggle to convince people to hate in such an environment. Those religions that share these principles should be compatible.

Class becomes non existent, religion doesn't matter, race is not recognised we are all human and all equal democratic decision makers.

However Ron that was the society I explained because of the political system.

The aspect was one person one vote. All party members are loyal to humanity, environment, nation before their party. There are no party leaders. Massive opportunities for private business with equality in wealth distribution and taxation.

Every single section is a coalition of national politicians that benefit from the success of the party in power as much as the party members themselves. Co-operation Ron it is the future.

No in fighting, no corruption, lesser inequality, best practices shared and political parties forced to interact at ground level amongst the people rather than through the media. It's oh so glorious Ron, i'll pretty much eradicate crime and poverty.
    Last edited by Coach791; 20-4-17 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post

Make ME Supreme leader/Emperor! I'll have it all sorted, trust me. It'll be the best system in history, believe me, it'd be fantastic! Trust me, it'll be great!
    An algorythm would be wonderfull

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post

You are crushing me with your system, like I'm the President of Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    An algorythm would be wonderfull
    Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdC3Qkb2pjw

Spelling n***
    Btw love al gore
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk

I'd like to see the system we've got given a go but without lobbyists and party political funding. And with much more transparency in terms of who's meeting who about what.

I'll get back later on the proposed system.
    Last edited by Luises-Finger; 21-4-17 at 10:59.

I hate politics almost as much as religion. Almost, but not quite as much. As such, the best alternative political system would be no political system at all. Remarkably, this view coincides with my view on an alternate religious system which, again, would be no religion at all.

We can dream, can't we (I am addressing this question to all political leaders and priests, rabbi's and imam's)? No doubt their answer, collectively, would be: "No. No dreaming allowed as it will lead to control being wrested away from us".

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I hate politics almost as much as religion. Almost, but not quite as much. As such, the best alternative political system would be no political system at all. Remarkably, this view coincides with my view on an alternate religious system which, again, would be no religion at all.

We can dream, can't we (I am addressing this question to all political leaders and priests, rabbi's and imam's)? No doubt their answer, collectively, would be: "No. No dreaming allowed as it will lead to control being wrested away from us".
    What I was hoping to achieve with my proposal was a little along those lines. Firstly removing leaders from politics. Nobody to convince us, nobody turning into a popularity contest of which leader is better. Then remove the massive control media has over democracy, in effect destroying it completely as it shapes which leader we pick without us knowing it.

Finally an even distribution system for wealth based on algorithms that evenly distribute wealth, money and actively encourage business to be spread out evenly over the country through taxation differentials between the poor and the wealthiest regions. The removal of interest and interest being made illegal would remove banking control over the economy.

What I was hoping to achieve with my proposal was a little along those lines. Firstly removing leaders from politics. Nobody to convince us, nobody turning into a popularity contest of which leader is better. Then remove the massive control media has over democracy, in effect destroying it completely as it shapes which leader we pick without us knowing it.

Finally an even distribution system for wealth based on algorithms that evenly distribute wealth, money and actively encourage business to be spread out evenly over the country through taxation differentials between the poor and the wealthiest regions. The removal of interest and interest being made illegal would remove banking control over the economy.
    Agree we don't need politicians - complete waste of time and money - but we do need a business hub and council to run the country -

Agree we don't need politicians - complete waste of time and money - but we do need a business hub and council to run the country -
    Ia agree with this part.

The main fault with capitalism for me, is that it needs people to run it, and it will always end in crony capitalism, just as it has here and in the US.

Tax breaks for the corporations, wanting the NHS going down the pan so they can all profit from the private health system are just two of the many examples.

That's why I suggested a system of taxation and corporate co-operation. All systems regionally are appointed tax brackets with the poorest the lowest tax bracket both for population and economy. That means it is more financially beneficial for tax purposes for corporations to build private sector work in poorer areas.

It also means those in poorer areas find it easier to start their own corporations. Some areas may have zero tax but higher budget support which would equalise the wealth. It is a dream for corporations to start up tax free in poorer areas with a large and available labour supply.

It won't even need regulation because the 50% rule means that both DDM's and corporations are mutually dependent upon each other. The success of one is the success of the other. The 505 rule is also to stop corporations exploiting region wealth changes (switching to poorest area every time) though equalisation systems should prevent significant turbulence.

In addition the fact interest would be illegal means banks cannot control the economy and their ability to suck wealth using debt completely gone. I would imagine it would take a generation or two to create a system where employment is virtually full, working conditions and living conditions high and low unemployment.

The unemployment system would also be vastly superior. The fact there are no leaders, media doesn't interfere in politics just delivers a message then there will be less conflict and that goes back to every political cog must pledge loyalty to humanity first, environment 2nd, population 3rd above themselves and party.

Even the party funding system would equalise.

Hi Coach, sorry for not responding to this yet, I'm pretty sure my wife was trying to bump me off with food poisoning last week and I feel shocking still.

Is this a system being championed by someone at the moment or just your thoughts?
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Hi Coach, sorry for not responding to this yet, I'm pretty sure my wife was trying to bump me off with food poisoning last week and I feel shocking still.

Is this a system being championed by someone at the moment or just your thoughts?
    Just my thoughts. I hadn't thought about it until you asked. In all honesty it is really easy to design systems that work. The problem is not the design it is the opposition that would be manufactured for such a system.

Tax systems, political funding systems, wealth distribution systems, voting systems they're all really easy to create fairly the problem is those in power don't want equality.