Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Watch 2017/18

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Meh.

These stories always play out the same - high profile player from Real/Barca is accused of tax evasion, various stories start to circulate about how unjust it all is perhaps with suggestions that it's a Barca/Real bias in their HMRC, followed by suggestions that the player will flounce off in protest at the terribly unfair treatment they're receiving, finally followed by them paying what they owe and returning to business as usual.
    Well apparently his decision to leave is 'irreversible', but I guess we'll see just how true that is then.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Important to note that the story has come from A Bola. Arguably the worst source in world football.

Sure if they were accurate, then it's be impossible that Man City signed Bernardo this summer. As according to A Bola, we signed him right at the start of summer 2015

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well apparently his decision to leave is 'irreversible', but I guess we'll see just how true that is then.
    Yeah. I'd be absolutely staggered if he really wants to leave though. Just regained La Liga, 3 CLs in 4 years - no way he leaves now imo.

At most it's a bit of posturing in the face of Real possibly spending big on Mmmbop.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Yeah. I'd be absolutely staggered if he really wants to leave though. Just regained La Liga, 3 CLs in 4 years - no way he leaves now imo.

At most it's a bit of posturing in the face of Real possibly spending big on Mmmbop.
    Perhaps he sees it like he's achieved all he can there, and would like to test himself elsewhere while he's still able to perform at the highest level? But yeh, I'm very surprised he wants to leave to say the least (if this story is indeed true).

Wow, didn't expect that. What is it with players in Spain and tax issues? Wonder where he'll go? He's surely too good (and wealthy enough) not to move to China/US just yet, back to Utd perhaps?
    Probably better if he goes to Panama or the Cayman Islands!
    The Long and Winding Road

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    you must see his stats, goals/per minute i think its far better than benzema,maybe even better than ronaldo"s
    You do know that Lukaku scored over 20 goals past three years in one of the hardest leagues in the world with zero creativity and Flair like Real Madrid have

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    I woudn't.

As I seen a lad tweet when they got Pickford. His signing is very comparable to our two keepers.

He is coming off a season where he looked good cause he kept an awful Sunderland side in a few games; just as Mignolet did in the season before he joined us.

He's a young home grown keeper being mentioned in the conversation of the better keepers in the league. Just as Karius was in his last season at Mainz.

There are no guarantees, especially with young English keepers.

As for Klaassen; he's a decent footballer and makes sense for the Ev as their midfielders are for the most part defensive minded. However would he get into the side ahead of Can? Gini? Lallana? Coutinho? No I don't think so.
    Well if going with 3 central midfielders again if we don't get a first Choice left winger

Henderson we've got no competition for him

so that leaves are two box to box central midfielders

Wijnaldum & Lallana first choice with Can as back up then maybe Ejaria or Grujic

So would have taken Klaassen to put pressure on Adam Lana's place in the team and maybe replace him as his younger as well but it all depends on what we do with our transfers

SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    You do know that Lukaku scored over 20 goals past three years in one of the hardest leagues in the world with zero creativity and Flair like Real Madrid have
    Of course Lukaku is a consistent quality striker but don't go with the 'creativity and flair' thing. Plenty of strikers have scored goals in the Premiership with no creativity or flair - certainly doesn't mean they will score more in a better team with more creative players:

Marcos Stewart - Ipswich
    James Beattie - Southampton
    Mikael Forsell - Birmingham
    Yakubu - Portsmouth
    Andy Johnson - Palace
    Darren Bent - Charlton
    Marlon Harewood - West Ham
    Benni McCarthy - Blackburn
    Kevin Doyle - Reading
    Santa Cruz - Blackburn
    Kevin Davies - Bolton
    Odemwingie - WBA
    Dempsey - Fulham
    Grant Holt - Norwich
    Benteke - Villa
    Rickie Lambert - Southampton
    Wifred Bony - Swansea
    Charlie Austin - QPR
    Josh King - Bournemouth

How many of those would do, or did, score more goals for a bigger, better, more creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Of course Lukaku is a consistent quality striker but don't go with the 'creativity and flair' thing. Plenty of strikers have scored goals in the Premiership with no creativity or flair - certainly doesn't mean they will score more in a better team with more creative players:

Marcos Stewart - Ipswich
    James Beattie - Southampton
    Mikael Forsell - Birmingham
    Yakubu - Portsmouth
    Andy Johnson - Palace
    Darren Bent - Charlton
    Marlon Harewood - West Ham
    Benni McCarthy - Blackburn
    Kevin Doyle - Reading
    Santa Cruz - Blackburn
    Kevin Davies - Bolton
    Odemwingie - WBA
    Dempsey - Fulham
    Grant Holt - Norwich
    Benteke - Villa
    Rickie Lambert - Southampton
    Wifred Bony - Swansea
    Charlie Austin - QPR
    Josh King - Bournemouth

How many of those would do, or did, score more goals for a bigger, better, more creative team?
    Ok the special one never play with a big target man and who ends up scoring bucket loads of goals and helping the special one win trophies

Where the special one builds all his creativity to get that target man to score goals

Lukaku it's a freak of nature physically strong he can single handedly destroy teams as he's done to Liverpool many times he's a goal scoring machine in the Premier League and he's been doing it regular and it's not even reach his prime

But of course yeah a player worth nearly 80 million is just an average player like you would find at Leeds Bolton Bournemouth Brighton Charlton and so on

Ok the special one never play with a big target man and who ends up scoring bucket loads of goals and helping the special one win trophies

Where the special one builds all his creativity to get that target man to score goals

Lukaku it's a freak of nature physically strong he can single handedly destroy teams as he's done to Liverpool many times he's a goal scoring machine in the Premier League and he's been doing it regular and it's not even reach his prime

But of course yeah a player worth nearly 80 million is just an average player like you would find at Leeds Bolton Bournemouth Brighton Charlton and so on
    I didn't say he was as average as those players in the list, I merely pointed out that a player who scores goals at a lowly, non creative team, will not necessarily score more goals at a bigger, better, more creative team as you were suggesting - quite the contrary in most cases

I didn't say he was as average as those players in the list, I merely pointed out that a player who scores goals at a lowly, non creative team, will not necessarily score more goals at a bigger, better, more creative team as you were suggesting - quite the contrary in most cases
    Well most cases average players going to a bigger club don't score goals but Lukaku not average player he's been playing in the Premier League since the age of 18 and there's been a regular goal scorer for 3 years in the Premier League no average player does that consistently

Are fans on he always like to play Down players who would instantly improve our team let alone our rivals

Apparently Man United a very close to clinching the deal of Morata abound 78m
    Reports suggest that Real Madrid will only do business with Man United unless De Gea goes the opposite direction. They are willing to give Man United cash and Morata for De Gea.

Well most cases average players going to a bigger club don't score goals but Lukaku not average player he's been playing in the Premier League since the age of 18 and there's been a regular goal scorer for 3 years in the Premier League no average player does that consistently

Are fans on he always like to play Down players who would instantly improve our team let alone our rivals
    Lukaku is a flat track bully. He's like Wayne Rooney in that respect, against half decent opposition he goes missing. He was anonymous against us twice last season. The much maligned Dejan Lovren never gave him a kick at Anfield. Our back four never broke a sweat at Goodison.

Well if going with 3 central midfielders again if we don't get a first Choice left winger

Henderson we've got no competition for him

so that leaves are two box to box central midfielders

Wijnaldum & Lallana first choice with Can as back up then maybe Ejaria or Grujic

So would have taken Klaassen to put pressure on Adam Lana's place in the team and maybe replace him as his younger as well but it all depends on what we do with our transfers
    We will sign a winger and Coutinho will be playing in midfield.

Seems to me that Coutinho and Lallana will compete. Can and Henderson. And we seem to be looking for competition for Gini for his role. Hence the links to the likes of Keita.

Klaassen is a decent player but he wouldn't fit in with us for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Lukaku is a flat track bully. He's like Wayne Rooney in that respect, against half decent opposition he goes missing. He was anonymous against us twice last season. The much maligned Dejan Lovren never gave him a kick at Anfield. Our back four never broke a sweat at Goodison.
    Nothing wrong with a flat track bully.

If we had a flat track bully last season, we may have challenged for the league.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    So Ronaldo and De Gea swapping clubs?

If we had a flat track bully last season, we may have challenged for the league.
    Benteke or Carrroll?

Leicester to slap a 50m price tag on schmeichel to scare off Liverpool and utd, funny one that.

Giggs interested in Saints managers job.

The chavs to give conte 250m to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    So Ronaldo and De Gea swapping clubs?
    Good call if Ronaldo really does want to move. I wouldn't mind that happening as Ronaldo may only have a year or two left in him at his present level whereas De Gea has possibly another ten years at the top level.
    The Long and Winding Road

Wow, didn't expect that. What is it with players in Spain and tax issues? Wonder where he'll go? He's surely too good (and wealthy enough) not to move to China/US just yet, back to Utd perhaps?
    I hope so, I'd love to see him back in the premiership again.

Giggs interested in Saints managers job.
    He's like a teenage girl without a date for the Prom, poor, desperate Giggsy

The chavs to give conte 250m to spend.
    yes.lukaku,bonucci and sandro

Multi Millionaire Giggsy.

Quote Originally Posted by -hoot View Post
    I hope so, I'd love to see him back in the premiership again.
    Nah I'd prefer to see what he's capable of in the Chinese league tbh...

Yeh a flat track bully is exactly what we needed last season.

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    yes.lukaku,bonucci and sandro
    Bonucci is 30 they are after Koulibaly for 50m.

Nah I'd prefer to see what he's capable of in the Chinese league tbh...
    I don't mind what club he plays for, just like the football he plays, remember the days he was called a one trick pony on this forum

There was a quiz question t'other day about who won back to back young player of the year awards. The contestant guessed Owen, I said Giggs more out of knowing he was young for a lot longer than any other footballer ever ()
    People will believe what they want to believe