Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 2,341 to 2,344 of 2344

Thread: Rival Watch 2017/18

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well so much for Real blowing away Barca this season as I thought, especially after their humbling in the SSC before the season, but then I suppose you can never be written off as long as you have Messi, who has 9 goals in 5 league games now

Barca have a perfect record so far and are now 7 points clear of Real, who lost to Betis at home yesterday. Even Paulinho has been excellent so far for them and has grabbed 2 goals. Seems like they didn't really need Dembele or Coutinho in the end .
    On the decline, will win nothing this year, Liverpool just as attractive as Barcelona now etc...

Fact is, they still have a very good squad.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    On the decline, will win nothing this year, Liverpool just as attractive as Barcelona now etc...

Fact is, they still have a very good squad.
    I still think their squad is on the decline and it's nowhere near as strong as it once was, and they still look pretty dodgy at the back, but Messi is just from another planet entirely. When he plays like this - which is more often than not - it almost doesn't matter what's around him. The greatest player ever in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well so much for Real blowing away Barca this season as I thought, especially after their humbling in the SSC before the season, but then I suppose you can never be written off as long as you have Messi, who has 9 goals in 5 league games now

Barca have a perfect record so far and are now 7 points clear of Real, who lost to Betis at home yesterday. Even Paulinho has been excellent so far for them and has grabbed 2 goals. Seems like they didn't really need Dembele or Coutinho in the end .
    Or maybe they're better (off) without Neymar.............

I think this trend of writing players and clubs off is somewhat funny, been happening for years with Arsenal and the "they won't finish top four" which became almost mandatory to be mooted every season and probably will now morph into the same with "again" on the end. Also see it with players, legends before their time or written off before they've played 15-20 times, so many on various forums should perhaps reserve judgement for when there's been enough to judge which in most cases isn't so...
    People will believe what they want to believe

I read in the BBC gossip this morning that Chelsea have made 500 million selling players since January 2014.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'