Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A decade at LFC - 21 facts about Lucas Leiva's Reds career

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    but the power players hold these days , a move can easily be forced , so in my opinion there is still some loyalty there maybe not in the gerrard mould but it's still loyalty
    Depends on what move you want to force. No forcing on his behalf can transfer Klavan to Barcelona.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Depends on what move you want to force. No forcing on his behalf can transfer Klavan to Barcelona.
    obviously not, you're just trying to discredit this, loyalty doesn't need to be if someone with more status or money asks you to leave it's not just as limited as that.

carragher for example at some point could have forced a move, robbie fowler in my eyes was loyal he never tried to leave he was forced out etc , just because he moved doesnt make him disloyal.
    Eagle Face Moron

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    obviously not, you're just trying to discredit this, loyalty doesn't need to be if someone with more status or money asks you to leave it's not just as limited as that.

carragher for example at some point could have forced a move, robbie fowler in my eyes was loyal he never tried to leave he was forced out etc , just because he moved doesnt make him disloyal.
    Nobody is going to be forcing moves towards clubs that don't want them. I don't know why you're fixating on forcing the move thing. Robbie Fowler was neither loyal nor disloyal. The club wanted to sell him and so he went.

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    so jamie carragher not loyal then?
    Nobody ever bid for him as they knew there was no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Nobody ever bid for him as they knew there was no point.
    how do you? and what's your proof? also as i said players can get moves away easier these days too.
    Eagle Face Moron

Nobody is going to be forcing moves towards clubs that don't want them. I don't know why you're fixating on forcing the move thing. Robbie Fowler was neither loyal nor disloyal. The club wanted to sell him and so he went.
    well i completely disagree with that , loyalty can't just be measured so simply.
    Eagle Face Moron

I thought year after year he'll be replaced and then he won me over.

He's a really humble human being and seems to have got better with age as a footballer.

Hes a few years left in him yet, but it'll be elsewhere.

Hats off though, 10 years is great going, we were lucky to have him.

how do you? and what's your proof?

Carra said so.

well i completely disagree with that , loyalty can't just be measured so simply.
    He's no more loyal to LFC than I am to my firm.

Lucas's "loyalty" was never tested as we never had bid from good clubs, only ***** Turkish ones that I don't blame Lucas for turning down and warming our bench instead.

Carra said so.
    i remember he said in an interview before he retired he never had the option BUT i do recall there being doubts about his future 03/04 i'm sure he mentions that in his book
    Eagle Face Moron

He's no more loyal to LFC than I am to my firm.

Lucas's "loyalty" was never tested as we never had bid from good clubs, only ***** Turkish ones that I don't blame Lucas for turning down and warming our bench instead.
    ok so he stayed for ten years in a foreign country but was not loyal.....ok
    Eagle Face Moron

ok so he stayed for ten years in a foreign country but was not loyal.....ok
    What does a foreign country have to do with anything?!

I'm sure the fact that his wife and kids were settled on Merseyside and didn't want to be uprooted and moved to Turkey is more of a reason for him staying than his "loyalty".

i remember he said in an interview before he retired he never had the option BUT i do recall there being doubts about his future 03/04 i'm sure he mentions that in his book
    Nope.

It has nothing to do with whether he's great or not. It has to do with whether the love for the club precedes financial and sporting opportunities. But there is no doubt that simple logic states that players who are quite lucky to be at a certain club will not really get a better opportunity elsewhere.
    Again a limited view, really is simplistic stuff and actually illogical never mind simple logic.

Most players just want to play regularly every week, if a players love for the club, using your example, outweighs the desire to play every week then that is another perfect example of loyalty.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Again a limited view, really is simplistic stuff and actually illogical never mind simple logic.

Most players just want to play regularly every week, if a players love for the club, using your example, outweighs the desire to play every week then that is another perfect example of loyalty.
    The problem with this discussion is nobody knows whether Lucas turned down better offers, neither does anybody know whether or not he told his agent not to look for moves because he loved the club, the city, etc in fact nobody knows **** all really lol
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    The problem with this discussion is nobody knows whether Lucas turned down better offers, neither does anybody know whether or not he told his agent not to look for moves because he loved the club, the city, etc in fact nobody knows **** all really lol
    I find that hard to believe. Especially in the last few seasons when he was on the bench for 90% of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Yeah all that hype about Lucas, its never ended throughout his career

Kinell, the guy has done 10 years at the club, its basic acknowledgement on a human level and actually even if he's not at the highest standard, he could have gone elsewhere and was on the verge of being sold several times as a result but, when those deals didn't happen, he still came into the team and performed without a hint complaint of amateur dramatics like so many other players.

If you interpret loyalty in only one simplistic way, then you'd both be onto something
    I think Gerrard showed loyalty as he was a great player and could have improved his medal collection and bank balance by going elsewhere but he chose to stay at Liverpool and play for us. Maybe Lucas had other offers, We can only assume that had a big Club come in for him and made an offer, we'd have heard as we did hear of interests from 'smaller Clubs'. So its fair to say, and this is on that premise, that he never had to turn down a better opportunity in his career.
    From your post your version of loyalty is the way he conducted himself and acted as a footballer when deals didn't happen. To me that is just being a professional. Credit to him for not sulking and making comments to media which to me shows his character as a person, but its not loyalty.

I think he's loyal, but as Fowi said where there any bigger clubs than us after him? I do think he's a humble guy and loyal, but I think he's trying to prove all those years back that he's better than all of us slating him and it's partially worked. He shouldn't of spent 10 years with us though.

True to a point ayles I just think there is not one defining way to categorise loyalty and the narrative that a bigger club didn't try to buy him therefore loyalty isn't tested is just one aspect of a larger disposition, not THE yardstick

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    I think Gerrard showed loyalty as he was a great player and could have improved his medal collection and bank balance by going elsewhere but he chose to stay at Liverpool and play for us. Maybe Lucas had other offers, We can only assume that had a big Club come in for him and made an offer, we'd have heard as we did hear of interests from 'smaller Clubs'. So its fair to say, and this is on that premise, that he never had to turn down a better opportunity in his career.
    From your post your version of loyalty is the way he conducted himself and acted as a footballer when deals didn't happen. To me that is just being a professional. Credit to him for not sulking and making comments to media which to me shows his character as a person, but its not loyalty.
    My reply to ayles covers my thoughts really, its only one aspect you are considering in your conclusion on this one

I would give him 1 more year just for squad depth. There are going to be a lot of games next season he should be able to get game time.

I know for certain that Lucas didn't turn down better offers

Could see how much the supporters appreciated him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I know for certain that Lucas didn't turn down better offers
    friends with him?
    Eagle Face Moron

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    Could see how much the supporters appreciated him today.
    It had a feel of goodbye about it I thought, when interviewed after Kenny presented him with his plaque. Shhooooottttt!!!!!

Cannot see the point in him leaving, Not on a high wage, has the respect of the players and manager and offers so much experience and help to new players coming in, he might as well stay play the League Cup and FA Cup.
    Win Draw Or Lose, YNWA

Pretty late on after the lap of honour had wound down Lucas came out with his wife and kids and had pictures taken standing in front of the KOP with a small crowd of reds behind and another Lucas is a Scouser banner behind. Quite a big banner and multi coloured.

Hope he stays.

thank you for all Lucas,

you've been an incredible servant of this club,

whatever being your decision, I will always back you and be your massive fan,

obviously I hope you stay at the club and help your younger teammates to become better footballers, give them good advices, and they feed off you the quality of

professionalism you have always showed off and that you can boast without the shadow of a doubt,

forever in my heart as one of our best long time servants,

You'll Never Walk Alone

Lucas Leiva Pezzini

Quote Originally Posted by SinghIsLFC View Post
    Cannot see the point in him leaving, Not on a high wage, has the respect of the players and manager and offers so much experience and help to new players coming in, he might as well stay play the League Cup and FA Cup.
    agree, he can still be a useful grafter in any domestic cup, or should our ranks being mowed down by injuries,

I hope he stays me too even cause he's on an acceptable wage,

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Pretty late on after the lap of honour had wound down Lucas came out with his wife and kids and had pictures taken standing in front of the KOP with a small crowd of reds behind and another Lucas is a Scouser banner behind. Quite a big banner and multi coloured.

Hope he stays.
    Yeah two great banners for him today in the Kop