Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FC vs Middlesborough SUN 21st May 15:00 ANFIELD

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Clopp View Post
    I strongly urge everyone who might have something like 50 or 100 spare.............to lay it on Arsenal to qualify for UCL tomorrow, I am ************ myself that we miss out and have put 300 on it, skints me out for 2 months (!!!) but means if we dont get there and mess up, and Arsenal being 6/1 to do it, thats almost 2000 as a way of making me SLIGHTLY better if we draw or lose.

Damn!
    Cash out now...we are not going to mess up tomorrow.

Unless you're banking on Watford to do City!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Blitz blitz blitz for 90+ minutes... Goals goals goals and get fuppin 3rd over Citeh.

Going to batter them.
    Maybe 5-1 ?

Second half a similar story . No worries here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellso1 View Post
    Blitz blitz blitz for 90+ minutes... Goals goals goals and get fuppin 3rd over Citeh.
    Yes!

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    I'll be happy with us scoring 1 and keeping a clean sheet

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Just over 24 hours to go!!!!!!!

Another season draws to a close and we have something very important to play for.

I will definitely chaulk this season as a success if we get a CL spot. I thought Klopp rolled a massive dice on a thin squad (i bet he'd agree in hindsight )but the game is about results. If you gamble like that and still gain a CL spot, then the gamble paid off. End of story.

Making CL has huge positive implications for the club. We wasted the oppurtunity the last time after 13/14. I doubt very much Klopp will waste this opportunity.
    just over 12 hours to go - biggest game of the season for us. no pressure like.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    I'd be shocked if he didn't start with the same team as last match.
    can see him putting his love child RF back in to mess up things

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    Hope so.

One of our best players.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Just on my lunch break on nights in work hoping for an early dart so can be in bed and then up nice and early to get ready for this one.

Good that we have interest in the final day too rather than it being a dead rubber type match and we just want the season over with.

Progress made by Jurgen in his first full season and the job done later and he can build on it and take us even further next season and maybe push all the way for the title.

Can't wait for this one, let's batter them and end the season as we began it.

Darrren1 is offline Better tables than DFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    Can't wait for this one, let's batter them and end the season as we began it.
    With a 4-3 away win?

Great, wide awake and far too long until kick-off! CSKA Moscow start at 13:00 hours, can't see it being on TV anywhere...although can keep track of score on betting sites.

Liverpool have had over a week to prepare for today, with no new team injury problems. Just hope we can get an early goal or two so we can enjoy the day. I expect the atmosphere will be tremendous,just hope everyone's had a good night's sleep

Patience is required...

LIVERPOOL
    Lallana 81 ..

.......... MIDDLESBROUGH

Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Great, wide awake and far too long until kick-off! CSKA Moscow start at 13:00 hours, can't see it being on TV anywhere...although can keep track of score on betting sites.

Liverpool have had over a week to prepare for today, with no new team injury problems. Just hope we can get an early goal or two so we can enjoy the day. I expect the atmosphere will be tremendous,just hope everyone's had a good night's sleep
    Mmmm... A good night's sleep. In my dreams... or rather not. I'm working Nights. Two and a half hours to go before I can make my weary way to my bed. I'll do my utmost to sleep well between 7 and midday-ish though. There's a few cold beers waiting for me in the fridge, and I reckon I might just need one or three to get me through the match. I'm sure I'll be celebrating at the finish though. Four - Nil I reckon. Sleep well you lot.

With Middlesbrough today and Sydney on Wednesday, we're now entering what I like to think of as 'Craig Johnston week'.

These 2 wins are for you Skippy

I am pretty hopeful we will win easily. I think scoring early will be the key: if we do that I think we can hit them for five or six. While I don't think Watford will be beat City I don't rule out a draw so goal difference might be important. Either way I think Klopp has done a wonderful job this season when we were horribly impacted by injuries at important junctures. I'm proud of the team and of Klopp and hopefully a win can set us up for a proper tilt at the title I've the next two to three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    With Middlesbrough today and Sydney on Wednesday, we're now entering what I like to think of as 'Craig Johnston week'.

These 2 wins are for you Skippy
    I'm not sure why Liverpool agreed to play those thugs. I am not the A League's greatest fan but I watched the final and thought some of the tackles were a disgrace. I hope none of our guys get smashed. As for Johnno just a great man and always great to see him interviewed and listen to his forthright views on the game. Can believe it was 31 years ago he scored his goal at Wembley.

Can we have the FA move the City and Arsenal games to 1pm and have them both lose?

Then we can relax and enjoy our game with only 3rd or 4th to be decided for us.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    Me too. We finally played two strikers (there is a reason why two strikers are conventional) and lo and behold we win by four goals and keep a clean sheet. Why on earth would we not want to start with that same line up? Having two strikers (especially one of the quality of Daniel) automatically means you're defending much higher up the pitch as well as posing an attacking threat there (a la Ian Rush).

We really need to start with the same line up - it would be good for Divock to finish on a high and get another goal. He has 7 PL goals for the season which is not bad considering how often he hasn't started.

Anyway, the main thing is a high energy start to set the tempo for the whole game so that by half time we're at least 2 goals up.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    I'm getting more and more nervous and worryingly anxious for this game especially as I can't prepare myself in a concentrated manner for this game. I'll leave now to help cleaning up my daughter's renovation site as she plans to move in her house tomorrow.

"While there’s no silverware at stake when the Reds walk out at Anfield on Sunday, the stakes remain dizzyingly high in terms of impact on both the short and long-term future of the club."

I hope that every player is aware of this. I might remain in a shock numbness for the whole next season, if it'll turn out bad at 4.50 pm

COME ON YOU REDS
    Last edited by foreverred-1973; 21-5-17 at 07:47.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

I said earlier in the week , and up until yesterday how calm i felt for this, nerves are building now but still not as bad as usual.

instead of thinking what can go wrong , im think what will go right.
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Patience is required...

LIVERPOOL
    Lallana 81 ..

.......... MIDDLESBROUGH

Omg imagine the mess in the match thread if it's nil nil after 80 mins

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFirm View Post
    *********** nervous!!! ��

Had a nightmare the other night, us being two goals up against Middlesbrough conceding a corner with a bit too go, they score. The same story in the last minute, they get a corner and score! We miss out on CL!! Awful dream!

Come on lads, get this one over the line!
    Yes, that was an awful dream, Bobby .. however, you woke up immediately after the final whistle blew in our game and clearly had not checked the other scores. Arsenal lost 3-1 at home to Everton and, perhaps most surprising of all, Watford beat Man City 9-4 in what - by all accounts - was an incredibly boring game. So, we DID qualify for Champs League even though we drew with Boro.
    Last edited by grenny158; 21-5-17 at 08:35.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    I strongly urge everyone who might have something like 50 or 100 spare.............to lay it on Arsenal to qualify for UCL tomorrow, I am ************ myself that we miss out and have put 300 on it, skints me out for 2 months (!!!) but means if we dont get there and mess up, and Arsenal being 6/1 to do it, thats almost 2000 as a way of making me SLIGHTLY better if we draw or lose.

Damn!
    Mate, if a message on a football forum from a stranger can have any affect on your life, please don't bet more than you can afford to lose!

Mind betting on Arsenal crossed my mind but not sure I can.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    I say this about every game but today especially I think scoring early will be huge, scoring before Arsenal too.

Something that was said about "teams on the beach" I think was true, that sort of attitude can often only set in if they concede.

Damn!
    I strongly urge you to get out your begging cap to offset the skintness that you - happily, although sadly - will shortly be experiencing for the next 2 months. Standing at some traffic lights with a placard reading "I stupidly bet against Liverpool qualifying for Champs League at the expense of Arsenal - Alms for the poor please!" hanging around your neck. Make sure you do it at traffic lights in London though - do it in Liverpool and you may be lynched in addition to being poor.

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFirm View Post
    *********** nervous!!! 😫

Had a nightmare the other night, us being two goals up against Middlesbrough conceding a corner with a bit too go, they score. The same story in the last minute, they get a corner and score! We miss out on CL!! Awful dream!

Come on lads, get this one over the line!
    I had this nightmare too.

We were 2 down at half time but got back to 2-2 by 60 mins

We were pushing for the winner when my alarm went off so I've no idea how this one turns out

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-Garcia's-left-peg View Post
    I had this nightmare too.

We were 2 down at half time but got back to 2-2 by 60 mins

We were pushing for the winner when my alarm went off so I've no idea how this one turns out
    See post #382, Luis-Garcia's-left-peg.

As a matter of interest, considering how things are standing in the league this morning and what is at stake, if you could choose any team at all in the Premiership to play today, who would you choose? You are allowed a first and second choice.

Mine would be:

First: Sunderland at home
    Second: Middlesborough at home.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    As a matter of interest, considering how things are standing in the league this morning and what is at stake, if you could choose any team at all in the Premiership to play today, who would you choose? You are allowed a first and second choice.

Mine would be:

any of the bottom 3
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

Mine would be:

Good choices, but maybe Man City or Arsenal? No, you're probably right...