Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1412

Thread: LIVERPOOL FC vs Middlesborough SUN 21st May 15:00 ANFIELD

  1. #241  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Which is obviously a factor on us being 4th, currently.
    So based on that theory, we crumbled.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #242  
    Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    So based on that theory, we crumbled.
    Not at all- everyone would have agreed top 4 as a target at the start of the season- the great start to the season has helped to (almost) ensure that
    Klopps beard twin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #243  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Not at all- everyone would have agreed top 4 as a target at the start of the season- the great start to the season has (almost) ensured that
    since at the start of the season I was thinking we were up for a top 6 top 7 finish and not better, I suppose fighting until the last day of the current campaign to enter into top 4 should

    be a blessing at the end of the day, noone should foresee we would have battled for the title at the start of the season, infact we crumbled in competing for that target in january and

    february,

    cheers,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #244  
    Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    99,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    Of course we crumbled, but in saying that what if we don't make the top 4, would we have crumbled then?

    Come on, we were playing the best football in the league up until January, don't be silly.
    I don't get the term crumbled. We had a poor Jan/Feb yes, but then we have recovered and have a good overall record in March, April and now May.

    For 2 months out of the 9 this season we had our wobble and we lost us ground on Chelsea, but as those 2 months were bang in the middle we haven't crumbled because we have bounced back to stay in the top 3/4.

    We were playing the best football as our team was good, but the squad isn't yet so when we lost key players we dropped off in performance and showed we are not good enough yet to compete over 38 games.

    Nothing has crumbled, there are just 3 teams better than us this season over 37 games and unless City drop points on Sunday after 38 too.

    But the accusation was will our players want it in terms of the top 4, i answered that and you then changed it to the league title and them crumbling. Nothing can crumble if you only challenge until December, it means you ain't good enough yet.

    Had we done the Jan/Feb thing in April and now May you might have a point, but given the lads have fought back into form Mar-May no crumbling at all here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #245  
    Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,465
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    since at the start of the season I was thinking we were up for a top 6 top 7 finish and not better, I suppose fighting until the last day of the current campaign to enter into top 4 should

    be a blessing at the end of the day, noone should foresee we would have battled for the title at the start of the season, infact we crumbled in competing for that target in january and

    february,

    cheers,
    As always, we deserve to be where we are- progress next season will see us having a similar season, with a better Jan/Feb
    Klopps beard twin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #246  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Not at all- everyone would have agreed top 4 as a target at the start of the season- the great start to the season has (almost) ensured that
    OK, let's say we go out to make the top 4 (and that is one win away from happening), but going on our surprising raised expectations on us being 1st come December, we thought we was going to win the league, am I correct?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #247  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    As always, we deserve to be where we are- progress next season will see us having a similar season, with a better Jan/Feb
    agree, I expect me too a sensible improvement on our current season,

    I think we will be even more involved in a title challenge in next campaign,

    but I'm far way of thinking that it's granted we'll win the title in the 2017-18 season,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #248  
    Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    OK, let's say we go out to make the top 4 (and that is one win away from happening), but going on our surprising raised expectations on us being 1st come December, we thought we was going to win the league, am I correct?
    I never thought we would win the league in December, I didn't rule out the possibility, but that was never my expectation.
    Klopps beard twin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #249  
    Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,465
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    agree, I expect me too a sensible improvement on our current season,

    I think we will be even more involved in a title challenge in next campaign,

    but I'm far way of thinking that it's granted we'll win the title in the 2017-18 season,
    I think us qualifying for CL again before the last day of the season would be progress
    Klopps beard twin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #250  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    I don't get the term crumbled. We had a poor Jan/Feb yes, but then we have recovered and have a good overall record in March, April and now May.

    For 2 months out of the 9 this season we had our wobble and we lost us ground on Chelsea, but as those 2 months were bang in the middle we haven't crumbled because we have bounced back to stay in the top 3/4.

    We were playing the best football as our team was good, but the squad isn't yet so when we lost key players we dropped off in performance and showed we are not good enough yet to compete over 38 games.

    Nothing has crumbled, there are just 3 teams better than us this season over 37 games and unless City drop points on Sunday after 38 too.

    But the accusation was will our players want it in terms of the top 4, i answered that and you then changed it to the league title and them crumbling. Nothing can crumble if you only challenge until December, it means you ain't good enough yet.

    Had we done the Jan/Feb thing in April and now May you might have a point, but given the lads have fought back into form Mar-May no crumbling at all here.
    Yes because I see from us being 1st to 4th crumbling.

    So you're saying for 2 months out of this season we crumbled?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #251  
    Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    99,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    Yes because I see from us being 1st to 4th crumbling.

    So you're saying for 2 months out of this season we crumbled?
    No, for 2 months we just didn't play well and had a few poor results, which all teams do.

    Nothing to do with crumbling as i have no idea what that means anyway, all teams must crumble if it means a few poor results.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #252  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    No, for 2 months we just didn't play well and had a few poor results. Nothing to do with crumbling as i have no idea what that means anyway.
    It means exactly that. Not playing for the shirt and not putting in performances.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #253  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    Nothing to do with crumbling as i have no idea what that means anyway, all teams must crumble if it means a few poor results.
    But they bounce back. Chelsea at the start of the season 'crumbled', BUT then they started picking up results, so went on to win 13 games in a row and are Champions. There's a difference in winning things and settling for 4th.
    Last edited by Itanimrac; 18-5-17 at 14:16.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #254  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    OK, let's say we go out to make the top 4 (and that is one win away from happening), but going on our surprising raised expectations on us being 1st come December, we thought we was going to win the league, am I correct?
    Facts could prove me wrong but I don't think we were top after about mid November. A team who we're 6th favourites for top 4 getting top 4, doesn't involve us "crumbling"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #255  
    Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    99,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    It means exactly that. Not playing for the shirt and not putting in performances.
    They were playing for the shirt though, just went through a bad spell which all teams do.

    They have had questions asked of attitude, but in March, April and May they have put them fully to bed and Jan/Feb wasn't crumbling it was just poor form and ultimately not yet being good enough to fully challenge for the title.

    We knew that anyway so no big deal at this stage.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #256  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,239
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    it is but everyones nervous and in a major thread surprise it descended into never seen before childishness
    How dare you!

    I am in no way nervous. In fact, I am the epitome of relaxed, calm, tranquil, serene, unruffled, unperturbed, composed and sangfroid. I have no concerns in the world, other then how to rid South Africa of the foul stench that is Jacob Zuma. Every fibre of my being knows, with utter certainty, that we shall do the business against Boro and consign them to yet another defeat in their short lived stay in the Premier League. In fact, so confident am I that I am too glam to give a damn, nothing can dim the light that shines within me, and I am standing here with a cup of coffee in one hand and confidence in the other.

    As the wise Mark Twain once said: "To succeed in life, you need two things: Ignorance and Confidence". I have plenty of both. Especially the ignorance.

    Always remember: Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #257  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    They were playing for the shirt though, just went through a bad spell which all teams do.

    They have had questions asked of attitude, but in March, April and May they have put them fully to bed and Jan/Feb wasn't crumbling it was just poor form and ultimately not yet being good enough to fully challenge for the title.

    We knew that anyway so no big deal at this stage.
    I disagree, but we'll agree to disagree.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #258  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    I don't get the term crumbled. We had a poor Jan/Feb yes, but then we have recovered and have a good overall record in March, April Andy now May.

    For 2 months out of the 9 this season we had our wobble and we lost us ground on Chelsea, but as those 2 months were bang in the middle we haven't crumbled because we have bounced back to stay in the top 3/4.

    We were playing the best football as our team was good, but the squad isn't yet so when we lost key players we dropped off in performance and showed we are not good enough yet to compete over 38 games.

    Nothing has crumbled, there are just 3 teams better than us this season over 37 games and unless City drop points on Sunday after 38 too.

    But the accusation was will our players want it in terms of the top 4, i answered that and you then changed it to the league title and them crumbling. Nothing can crumble if you only challenge until December, it means you ain't good enough yet.

    Had we done the Jan/Feb thing in April and now May you might have a point, but given the lads have fought back into form Mar-May no crumbling at all here.
    I agree mate. We did not crumble. Our small squad got hit by an injury crisis that would have impacted any team the same way. We simply did not have the quality in depth to quickly cater for this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #259  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,935
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    How dare you!

    I am in no way nervous. In fact, I am the epitome of relaxed, calm, tranquil, serene, unruffled, unperturbed, composed and sangfroid. I have no concerns in the world, other then how to rid South Africa of the foul stench that is Jacob Zuma. Every fibre of my being knows, with utter certainty, that we shall do the business against Boro and consign them to yet another defeat in their short lived stay in the Premier League. In fact, so confident am I that I am too glam to give a damn, nothing can dim the light that shines within me, and I am standing here with a cup of coffee in one hand and confidence in the other.

    As the wise Mark Twain once said: "To succeed in life, you need two things: Ignorance and Confidence". I have plenty of both. Especially the ignorance.

    Always remember: Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
    Mate a group of young South African lads have opend up a little coffee stall on the way to my work. I have given them my business and got to know them quite well. They left because of Zuma and explained to me the problems currently facing the country. Very sad. I can't wait to visit though and hopefully will do so in the next 18 months. Hopefully we can catch up for a beer and discuss all things politics, football and cricket.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 18-5-17 at 18:56. Reason: word liable to cause offence
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #260  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    I think us qualifying for CL again before the last day of the season would be progress
    not me,

    I think instead coming up second at the end of next season would mean progress, buddy,

    second spot is the least objective we have to pose ourselves in the running for next season EPL should we finish in the top four at the end of the current one,
    Last edited by rosso76; 18-5-17 at 21:03.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #261  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Mate a group of young South African lads have opend up a little coffee stall on the way to my work. I have given them my business and got to know them quite well. They left because of Zuma and explained to me the problems currently facing the country. Very sad. I can't wait to visit though and hopefully will do so in the next 18 months. Hopefully we can catch up for a beer and discuss all things politics, football and cricket.
    KH, for absolutely sure .. will you be coming for a business trip or with family?
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 18-5-17 at 18:57. Reason: quote edited
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #262  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    KH, for absolutely sure .. will you be coming for a business trip or with family?
    My Mrs is a durbanite , we are going back over to sa this winter for a holiday , Cape Town , beautiful country , fully intend to live there one day
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #263  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post
    nervous about this.
    Nerves are based on previous crunch-game history, which has been, well er....

    But FFS it's Boro, they're down 'n' out, we just have to play with urgency, incisiveness and invention. The bowel may tickle after an hour of 0-0, leak after 80 mins, but the guys deserve a lorra noise and non-stop encouragement for the whole 90+ on Sunday.

    The air must crack with vocal electricity, the iron girders of the roofs resonate with a tumultuous thunder - that's the 12th man's job for this final game at home.

    Let them roll and ride on the emotional surf of victory...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #264  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,715
    Can't wait for this. Hopefully our fans will be lining the Annie road to welcome the team bus.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #265  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,013
    Apart from the obvious champions league nights at Anfield.
    What I'm really excited about is the better calibre of player we will surely sign along with the extra money.

    I know we would never sign him but I'd love a few reliable journos to come out and say yes we have bid 75mill for Kylian Mbappe even if they say he wants Madrid it would be mind blowing to hear we bid that amount of money on one player that would prove we really have a huge transfer kitty.

    We can dream
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #266  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    7,648
    Bet Anfield will be buzzing for this, in full voice as always
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #267  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,579
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Bet Anfield will be buzzing for this, in full voice as always
    sure of that,

    hopefully our Spion Kop end will scream our chants in full voice, pal,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #268  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,935
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    KH, for absolutely sure .. will you be coming for a business trip or with family?
    Purely pleasure. My wife only likes visiting the US even though she is French! I was looking at maybe do a few Super 15 games following the Brumbies around. Want to do a safari as well and as I said catch up for a beer with you. Right up there on my bucket list.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #269  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31,439
    Not sure what the posts over the last few pages are about but they don't seem to be about the Boro game. A massively important ******* game for the club!


    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #270  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,715
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Not sure what the posts over the last few pages are about but they don't seem to be about the Boro game. A massively important ******* game for the club!


    Basically a certain poster has said we have crumbled and we have not progressed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •