Notices
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 990

Thread: Final Day Match Thread - Middlesbrough (h) - Sun 21st May 15:00

  1. #151  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14,053
    I saw a story today if we lose 2-0 and arsenil draw 1-1 there will be a play off.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #152  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan View Post
    I still cannot imagine whether and how we will be able to penetrate a double deck bus in case it parks at Anfield on Sunday. Surely JK must have thought of that.
    Maybe a 442 (diamond) like last week?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #153  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    I saw a story today if we lose 2-0 and arsenil draw 1-1 there will be a play off.
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #154  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,122
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    Can't argue with this statement.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #155  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    We won't.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #156  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,608
    Liverpool 3-0 is my prediction.

    So for us to get 3rd we'd need City.....2-2 at most

    They did draw 2-2 with Boro recently so it's not impossible.

    Although I don't agree with Watford sacking Walter; now that they have, wish he wasn't taking charge of the last game. As feel if he wasn't you'd see the players like Deeney that don't like him, play with more freedom. And you might see a performance.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #157  
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,276
    Love us to get 3rd and somehow Arsenal and City have a play off for 4th!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #158  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,122
    Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRegal69 View Post
    Love us to get 3rd and somehow Arsenal and City have a play off for 4th!
    Anything could happen on the last day, let's hope we are focused and do the job we need to do, everything after that will just be a bonus.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #159  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Come Sunday evening I sincerely hope that all of the players, the managing team and the fans will be celebrating for a job well done. A top 4 position will be seen as a major acheivement. Anything less will be a disappointment, considering our league positions for all of the season.

    Now, it seems Klopp has many more attacking options. When he's had that he's always used them and we've had some convincing results.

    The fans need some faith. We will almost certainly dominate possession. With defensive concentration and some cool in front of goal, we will prevail.

    Then we'll have an excuse to raise a glass or two.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #160  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,253
    I am always warry to not jinx it in cases like this ,but having read a little in Boro forum I can surely say to those who think Boro can and will spoil our party on Sunday:
    YOU ARE WRONG !
    There is genuine despair mood in fans and players alike ,so for me it's a matter with how much we will beat them ...not IF...
    COME ON REDMEN -GIVE US SOMETHING TO REMEMBER !
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #161  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    860
    Win...win...win...win....


    That is all that must matter.....keep 4th place and buy well in the summer to bolster for CL and be among the winners again....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #162  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Can't argue with this statement.
    This would be a killer blow as i then see Coutinho being pulled to Barca and owners will have no reason to spend big....very sad were this to happen!!!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #163  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    173
    The atmosphere should be great. Please reds, an early goal to settle the nerves.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #164  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    Win...win...win...win....


    That is all that must matter.....keep 4th place and buy well in the summer to bolster for CL and be among the winners again....
    First part will be easy -second one not so much...
    This will be one of the craziest summers -with so many teams with EL,CL,money and asspirattions
    I hope for Klopp's miracle talent finding moments
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #165  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,062
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    We won't.

    Righto… it's all on Mouldy now, lads.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #166  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35,522
    Don't if anyone has posted, this match is live on Sky Sports.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #167  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRegal69 View Post
    Love us to get 3rd and somehow Arsenal and City have a play off for 4th!
    City lose, Arsenal win, and a 5 goal shift in the GD and it will happen

    Would love that too
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #168  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    City lose, Arsenal win, and a 5 goal shift in the GD and it will happen

    Would love that too
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...middlesbrough/
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #169  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22,314
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    City lose, Arsenal win, and a 5 goal shift in the GD and it will happen

    Would love that too
    It's a bit more of a long shot than that - it can't be just any 5 goal swing on GD, it requires City to concede exactly 4 more than Arsenal. If Arsenal win 4-0 and City lose 1-0 then Arsenal would take 4th on goals scored.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #170  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    It's a bit more of a long shot than that - it can't be just any 5 goal swing on GD, it requires City to concede exactly 4 more than Arsenal. If Arsenal win 4-0 and City lose 1-0 then Arsenal would take 4th on goals scored.
    Yeah I saw that on the BBC, bookies are offering some ridiculous odds on it happening - 1707/1
    Seems unlikely to say the least!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39944529
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #171  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,908
    So....

    with Man City gonna give Watford and new hole to use, when they have finished ripping them a new one

    And

    with the Bitters liable to roll over and play dead for Arsenal

    It means we have to turn up against Middlesbrough and be counted.... And I think we will
    Coutinho deeper in the No8 role and 5-0 is on the cards

    The only blip is our last day blues

    We have won only twice in the last seven seasons,
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #172  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    So....

    with Man City gonna give Watford and new hole to use, when they have finished ripping them a new one

    And

    with the Bitters liable to roll over and play dead for Arsenal

    It means we have to turn up against Middlesbrough and be counted.... And I think we will
    Coutinho deeper in the No8 role and 5-0 is on the cards

    The only blip is our last day blues

    We have won only twice in the last seven seasons,
    I'm not sure it matters what happened 5, 6, 7 years ago, but what is concerning for all of us, is our form against the lower teams this season - stating the obvious really; we are all a bit nervous!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #173  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    I'm not sure it matters what happened 5, 6, 7 years ago, but what is concerning for all of us, is our form against the lower teams this season - stating the obvious really; we are all a bit nervous!
    Let's get this straight. we keep making the same mistakes, we don't learn from our mistakes - so previous does count.....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #174  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    I'm not sure it matters what happened 5, 6, 7 years ago, but what is concerning for all of us, is our form against the lower teams this season - stating the obvious really; we are all a bit nervous!
    Oh and just for you check the lower end teams in the last 7 seasons
    2015/16 – DREW 1-1 with West Brom
    2014/15 – LOST 6-1 to Stoke
    2013/14 – WON 2-1 against Newcastle
    2012/13 – WON 1-0 against QPR
    2011/12 – LOST 1-0 to Swansea
    2010/11 – LOST 1-0 to Aston Villa
    2009/10 – DREW 0-0 with Hull
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #175  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Let's get this straight. we keep making the same mistakes, we don't learn from our mistakes - so previous does count.....
    There is not a single starting player in our current team that was in the squad 6 and 7 years ago; therefore they can't learn from anything that happened then

    We can however learn from our mistakes last season and certainly from many games this year
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #176  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Listen, if we lose to relegated Boro at home, then we honestly don't deserve CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Can't argue with this statement.
    I can. 03/04 we had some crappy results and dodgy performances. We just about finished fourth, FIFTEEN points behind third.

    The following Champions League season, well, we ALL remember what happened
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #177  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22,314
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    I can. 03/04 we had some crappy results and dodgy performances. We just about finished fourth, FIFTEEN points behind third.

    The following Champions League season, well, we ALL remember what happened
    Unbeaten against the rest of the top 7 and 73 points are both achievements worthy of a top 4 finish.

    If we lose and still finish 4th we'll have earned it. Certainly Arsenal wouldn't be any more deserving.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #178  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Unbeaten against the rest of the top 7 and 73 points are both achievements worthy of a top 4 finish.

    If we lose and still finish 4th we'll have earned it. Certainly Arsenal wouldn't be any more deserving.
    Exactly. From amongst the EPL teams, we definitely 'deserve' a chance to dance with the lads across Europe. Let's just get across the line
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #179  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Maybe a 442 (diamond) like last week?
    I would love to see the 4-4-2 Diamond again with Firmino and Sturridge up top with Coutinho at the 10 pulling the strings.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #180  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,888
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    Exactly. From amongst the EPL teams, we definitely 'deserve' a chance to dance with the lads across Europe. Let's just get across the line
    Sturridge and the Samba boys would love that!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •