Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Signed hull left back Andrew Robertson according to the Mirror

1. #1 Default Liverpool Signed hull left back Andrew Robertson according to the Mirror 
    Liverpool clinch Andrew Robertson transfer deal — and have their eye on another Hull defender too.

Liverpool will announce the signing of Hull defender Andrew Robertson when the transfer window opens.

Boss Jurgen Klopp has won the race to add the 23-year-old at left-back, where midfielder James Milner has played as a stand-in for almost the entire 2016/17 campaign.

Robertson has been with the Tigers for three years following a move from Dundee United and has just 12 months remaining on his current deal.

And the Scotland international may not be the only Anfield import from Hull — the Reds are among several clubs looking to take central defender Harry Maguire when the window opens in July.

Promoted Newcastle have long been interested in the former Sheffield United trainee, and now they have been joined by Liverpool and Champions League-bound Tottenham.

Kop contacts have been ringing former Reds players at Hull to get the lowdown on Maguire’s character during the past fortnight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...nsfer-10415515

ALSO REPORED IN LIVERPOOL ECHO http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...tedly-13035037
    Last edited by Whompy Whomperson; 15-5-17 at 10:27.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Can he cross and shoot better than Milner? I bet he can. He has a left foot for starters!

Is he better than Moreno? I bet he is!

Is this a case of any left back will do? No! I think Robertson looks like a good player myself and looks like a Klopp player. Well he looked pretty decent at Dundee.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Can he cross and shoot better than Milner? I bet he can. He has a left foot for starters!

Is this a case of any left back will do? No! I think Robertson looks like a good player myself and looks like a Klopp player. Well he looked pretty decent at Dundee.
    if we signed him and Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon and sold Moreno I would be happy

Nothing to exciting but decent enough.

I think the fact he plays for Hull will be a blocker for some fans

From what I've seen of him one thing he certainly offers his great delivery, he really does put quality balls into the box when he gets forward....and he's a leftie so no cutting back to deliver a ball

Quote Originally Posted by Whompy Whomperson View Post
    if we signed him and Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon and sold Moreno I would be happy
    Two left backs in the summer. Natural LB's. Yes it would give the team more balance. With one being young it would be like our right backs. With Clyne and Trent.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I think the fact he plays for Hull will be a blocker for some fans

From what I've seen of him one thing he certainly offers his great delivery, he really does put quality balls into the box when he gets forward....and he's a leftie so no cutting back to deliver a ball
    He has some shot on him too.

I think this is a pretty decent signing. He's arguably in the top 10 left backs already in the league and he's getting better every season. Could easily become a top 6 left back over the next 12 months.

Will surely rotate with Milner next season, with Milner getting the big games (where his experience has been useful) and Robertson playing the games where we on the offensive (giving us the width, energy and crossing that Milner can't).

I hope the story is true, he is a better option than Milner and certainly a lot better than Moreno.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope the story is true, he is a better option than Milner and certainly a lot better than Moreno.
    And what next for these two, I wonder?

Midfield and ballboy, respectively?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post

Milner will be needed for next season. We need a bigger squad and his experience esp in Europe will come in handy. And he won't be going on the international breaks so we will have a fresh player to pick from.

Milner will be needed for next season. We need a bigger squad and his experience esp in Europe will come in handy. And he won't be going on the international breaks so we will have a fresh player to pick from.
    Milner is very useful. He'll run and work all day. Give him a job and he'll do his best.

I have no idea who he is, and my first thought was oh god why?

But the comments on here seem to suggest that he is actually worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    I have no idea who he is, and my first thought was oh god why?

But the comments on here seem to suggest that he is actually worth it.
    The verdict won't be in until we see how he fits.

He was very very highly rated as a youngster in scotland.

Has done very well for hull.

Next step up for him again.

If true, Klopp must think highly of him. I'm cool with that. It's not just about big names, the players must work in a team and function as one too.

Not sure I like this, tbh.
    If we aim to be a top4 contender (or even going for the title), with a decent European run too, having Milner and Robertson is a bit underwhelming. Considering we have the money and the position to lure top, mentally sound players, we shouldn't be aiming for scrap material and 2nd choices because this summer we have highest priority to finally fix our abysmal defense, not patch it up. Top 10 rated LB of the Prem is not what Liverpool needs, but best we can find anywhere - PL or elsewhere.
    Glad if others rate the boy, but I also remember the time Clyne was labelled as quality going forward, so let's be careful...

I can't say I've watched a lot hull this season but I do know they've conceded loads of goals. I don't believe there is no better options than this fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    Not sure I like this, tbh.
    If we aim to be a top4 contender (or even going for the title), with a decent European run too, having Milner and Robertson is a bit underwhelming. Considering we have the money and the position to lure top, mentally sound players, we shouldn't be aiming for scrap material and 2nd choices because this summer we have highest priority to finally fix our abysmal defense, not patch it up. Top 10 rated LB of the Prem is not what Liverpool needs, but best we can find anywhere - PL or elsewhere.
    Glad if others rate the boy, but I also remember the time Clyne was labelled as quality going forward, so let's be careful...
    He was, only god knows why he is scared to take on players anymore, it's either that or he has been instructed to just stand out wide and do nothing with the ball.

Keep Milner as a utility player, sell Moreno.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    The verdict won't be in until we see how he fits.
    Definitely worth reserving judgement until players have played for us, and for enough games to be fair too.
    People will believe what they want to believe

... Boss Jurgen Klopp has won the race to add the 23-year-old at left-back ...
    A race in a context such as this usually means there were others, peer clubs, after this player. The article mentions Tottenham... but... yeah...

\_(ツ)_/

I've never even heard of him before. Oh well. Not knowing the player I'm not going to say he's bad for us.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Sturridge1999 View Post
    I can't say I've watched a lot hull this season but I do know they've conceded loads of goals. I don't believe there is no better options than this fella.
    In fairness concession of goals isn't just down to the LB, besides which we've conceded 40 goals so do that mean all our defenders aren't that good.............? (relevant positions in terms of the league taken into account ie what you'd expect from a top 4 contender vs what you'd expect from a relegation battler)
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Whompy Whomperson View Post
    And the Scotland international may not be the only Anfield import from Hull — the Reds are among several clubs looking to take central defender Harry Maguire when the window opens in July.
    Great, half of the backline of the relegated side that conceded the most - 73 - goals this season. At least we know they'll be a great fit at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    He was, only god knows why he is scared to take on players anymore, it's either that or he has been instructed to just stand out wide and do nothing with the ball.
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, tbh.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect

I would imagine a young lad like this is more to replace Moreno's position in the squad.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Milner is very useful. He'll run and work all day. Give him a job and he'll do his best.
    That's how you win leagues!

Markovic is now LFC's chief scout.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    That's how you win leagues!
    We could debate the significance of quality, consistent squad players in a side challenging for the title? I doubt that would get us anywhere though. I wonder if there was some sort of fact, some piece of evidence to suggest that Milner could be part of a title winning squad? Some sort of achievement? A medal perhaps? I can't think of one but it would be really helpful in terms of evidence.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    We could debate the significance of quality, consistent squad players in a side challenging for the title? I doubt that would get us anywhere though. I wonder if there was some sort of fact, some piece of evidence to suggest that Milner could be part of a title winning squad? Some sort of achievement? A medal perhaps?
    Adam Johnson was in that squad and has medal as well. You want to try and draw anything from that?