Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the consensus on Paul Pogba?

Defo-skitso is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    60 70m
    In his prime he said...that's 100+
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Good player.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    There's no midfielder in world football at the moment who'd cost as much as Stevie in his prime.

Vidal or Verratti, maybes.

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    There's no midfielder in world football at the moment who'd cost as much as Stevie in his prime.

Vidal or Verratti, maybes.
    Don't even think they would. Stevie in his prime now is the best player on the planet after the obvious top 3. Oh and no i'm not exagerrating or being bias.

Oh and on Pogba, i really liked him at Juve but some obvious things about why he was better there. Surrounded by much much better players, in a vastly inferior league and played at a much slower pace. Think he has lots of talent but he's still hugely overrated but will definitely improve next season. How much improvement, i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsy View Post
    Don't even think they would. Stevie in his prime now is the best player on the planet after the obvious top 3. Oh and no i'm not exagerrating or being bias.
    This. And he had no lack of suitors too. The likes of real & chelsea were lining up to sign him.
    Formerly known as PlusSixFiveRed.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    If you cost what he did and you are the most expensive signing ever to date, and you produce what he did this season, only one word. FLOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    If you cost what he did and you are the most expensive signing ever to date, and you produce what he did this season, only one word. FLOP.
    A bit harsh. But he doesn't seem to be the brightest.

Had a decent season. Would have had 738 assists if all those sitters weren't missed. 😂

Makes the 35m we spent on Carol look like good business. The thing is Man U. turn over so much money, even the ridiculous amount they spent on him soon gets lost in the profits and losses columns.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Roy View Post
    A bit harsh. But he doesn't seem to be the brightest.
    It really isn't. For the price paid, he's a flop, a bust.

Would have him over Henderson anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    Makes the 35m we spent on Carol look like good business. The thing is Man U. turn over so much money, even the ridiculous amount they spent on him soon gets lost in the profits and losses columns.
    Yes they're stinking rich. Everybody knows that. It's all they've got left going for them these days anyway. But i for one am glad they are spending their riches on social media phenoms like pogbad instead of spending wisely and building a proper football team like spurs are doing for peanuts. Latest rumour doing the rounds is 'em signing michael keane for $25 million when they sold him for just 2 million 2 years earlier.

#GlazersIn

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusSixFiveRed View Post
    Yes they're stinking rich. Everybody knows that. It's all they've got left going for them these days anyway. But i for one am glad they are spending their riches on social media phenoms like pogbad instead of spending wisely and building a proper football team like spurs are doing for peanuts. Latest rumour doing the rounds is 'em signing michael keane for $25 million when they sold him for just 2 million 2 years earlier.

#GlazersIn
    and an 18m dividend to the glazers..

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    He's a very good player in a system and team that doesn't at all suit him.

However he is underperforming in his own right. Whilst a lot of their talented players are not doing well, he should be doing better.

I'll be interested to see how he does next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 8FLASH8 View Post
    Would have him over Henderson anyday
    As would I...

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    and an 18m dividend to the glazers..
    That too. Fat dividends every year for heaping loads of debt onto the club, losing out on champions league for the 4th season in a row, reduced sponsorship money from adidas, etc. Exciting times to be a manc.

Always though that Vidal's contribution to that Juve midfield was underrated by a lot of people and Vidal was the better player. Not seen anything to change my mind even from now on is where Pogba might start proving his worth. Not 100 million worth though.

Sissoko outplayed him at the euros. Sissoko. He also belongs in prison for "dabbing".

What is the consensus on Paul Pogba?
    He's a giraffe.

He could crawl into our midfield

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    He's a giraffe.
    He thrives on various shoots? Interesting.

who cares , he's a bellend

It's not like he's bad or anything but he has the talent to be very special and he has barely shown glimpses of that yet for United. Hopefully never will.

Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    He thrives on various shoots? Interesting.

Pogba has plenty of potential, only issue for him I feel that he is never going to be able to express himself under a Jose Mourinho style team.

They won't see the best of him until he gets a manager that will take the shackles of him and give him more freedom. He reminds me of Gerrard when he played behind Torres and until United do that then you won't see the best of him.

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLeadinHead View Post
    After Utd buying him for a world record fee, was the fee appreciated?

After having a relatively successful Euros with France and season with Juve, did he live up to the hype and value put on him or was it all baseless after this one successful season and competition and he is overrated?

Or is he still adapting and will prove his class in the coming seasons? Is there genuine world (Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, etc.) class there in Mr. Pogba?
    Relative success with France in the Euros? That's not how I remember it....I seem to recall him having just as difficult a time living up to the hyoid leading up to the Euros and struggling to consistently live up to expectations.....expectations which were unreasonably high particularly for such a young player, to be fair.

And that's really Pogba's story thus far. I hate all things manc just as much as any Liverpool fan but to deny his obvious talent and potential would be absurd. And I s only been one season....if that was our player, we'd be saying as much at a minimum. His problem however is and always will be living up to that price tag and that's hard. Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez lived up to theirs but that's not a very common occurrence.

The other thing that's kind of quietly worked against him is the fact that Spurs bout a younger player at micro-faction of the price who to be fair has mostly been cleaning up all over the place so it puts the whole young thing into an adjusted context. I think he needs to, like Dele Ali, pick a position he truly identifies with. The box to box thing is hard these days and am not sure if he shouldn't just be that roving hybrid number 8/10 who goes wherever he wants to make things happen but which requires a knack for it the way Ali has and the way Stevie did those years behind Torres.

The party that made off like bandits though was Juve. They couldn't have played it any better to do what they did and sell at the right time when they were ready and had the mancs over a barrel to pay that sick fee. And then to use the money as wisely as they did was just brilliant stuff. They did with Higuain and Pjanic what we should have done when we sold Suarez but instead we did the Balotelli/Ricky Lambert thinking outside the box...so outside we were in the moon with it. Juve does the simple sensible logical moves I always want us to do but never quite. Hence their successs from the brink after the bribery scandals etc while we've mired in mediocrity bemoaning our lack of spending power and pull and even weather attractive enough to attract shrewd signings the way Juve does.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Nil View Post
    He needs to get to Lampard or Gerrard levels for the 90mil to be of value.

That price tag will be talked about until he starts making a difference in terms of goals and assists week in, week out.
    I remember there was some idiot on here who said Pogba was already better than Gerrard in his prime

He's a decent player but only worth about a third of the fee. Lacks a lot of attributes you'd want from a top midfield player, like tracking players and good positional sense, also for all the nice touches he doesn't look like a player who will ever control the tempo of a game. I don't think he's ever going to reach the heights of Keane or Scholes for United, top players in their day.