Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: What is the consensus on Paul Pogba?

  1. #121  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32,844
    United know they paid too much for him.

    He knows they paid too much for him.

    However its their fans who annoy me the most, everytime he has a decent 10 minutes the hype becomes unreal to deal with.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #122  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post
    United know they paid too much for him.

    He knows they paid too much for him.

    However its their fans who annoy me the most, everytime he has a decent 10 minutes the hype becomes unreal to deal with.
    and martin tyler
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #123  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15,103
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Glad you worked it out

    He's a big hyped up player like many have been before and will be again, but he's not performing up to that hype which is not his fault in one sense but its weird how profile drives opinion sometimes.

    Some are really happy to justify his season with reasoning provided but are unable ironically to apply that reasoning or logic to some of our players
    Fair enough
    who are some of our players that need justification with reasoning ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #124  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Fair enough
    who are some of our players that need justification with reasoning ?
    Start of the season there was a very vocal few about the fee for Mane and that he didn't really offer anything......a lot to be fair debated back as it was very obvious what he added, Wijnaldum divides opinion and can see why, he divides my own opinion at times, but clearly there are some going out of their way to insist he is a non-footballer and cut him no slack.

    In some cases we have total silence from posters on Lallana, despite his very obvious growing influence on our team after taking a year to settle, in more extreme cases an insistence he's still not up to it.

    The logic applied to Pogba is in contrast though, he hits the woodwork a lot, he's done ok really, its no his fault regarding the fee, he's had a good season.

    I guess we all feel so much more emotion about our own players, but Pogba is cut remarkable slack by some fans on here who don't remotely apply the same logic to some of our own lot who once judged in some cases, will never be allowed room for improvement to the point their opinions don't adjust to reality regardless of how a player is actually performing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #125  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,829
    Dabbing Mulumbu.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #126  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15,103
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Start of the season there was a very vocal few about the fee for Mane and that he didn't really offer anything......a lot to be fair debated back as it was very obvious what he added, Wijnaldum divides opinion and can see why, he divides my own opinion at times, but clearly there are some going out of their way to insist he is a non-footballer and cut him no slack.

    In some cases we have total silence from posters on Lallana, despite his very obvious growing influence on our team after taking a year to settle, in more extreme cases an insistence he's still not up to it.

    The logic applied to Pogba is in contrast though, he hits the woodwork a lot, he's done ok really, its no his fault regarding the fee, he's had a good season.

    I guess we all feel so much more emotion about our own players, but Pogba is cut remarkable slack by some fans on here who don't remotely apply the same logic to some of our own lot who once judged in some cases, will never be allowed room for improvement to the point their opinions don't adjust to reality regardless of how a player is actually performing.
    Ummm Mane hit the ground running ,there was never any doubt once he got on the pitch .I doubt you can find a single person critical

    I think Gini deserves every criticism he has been getting ,earlier on a lot of people did cut him some slack.Pogba has a higher ceiling and I rate him more

    I think the Lallana one is unfair ,a lot of people had written him off even the most optimistic of fans.He didn't give us a lot to cut him some slack for quite sometime

    It's a simple objective case of people have seen Pogba play and know what he is capable of. Also like I always say you're harder and less objective on someone who affects you the most than someone you don't care for
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #127  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,204
    They were discussing him on Sunday Supplement;tying themselves in knots in an attempt to justify the fee and persuade us he's had a 'pretty good' season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #128  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    They were discussing him on Sunday Supplement;tying themselves in knots in an attempt to justify the fee and persuade us he's had a 'pretty good' season.
    pathetic
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #129  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,204
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    pathetic
    We've never appreciated Rooney either.

    Apparently.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #130  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Ummm Mane hit the ground running ,there was never any doubt once he got on the pitch .I doubt you can find a single person critical

    I think Gini deserves every criticism he has been getting ,earlier on a lot of people did cut him some slack.Pogba has a higher ceiling and I rate him more

    I think the Lallana one is unfair ,a lot of people had written him off even the most optimistic of fans.He didn't give us a lot to cut him some slack for quite sometime

    It's a simple objective case of people have seen Pogba play and know what he is capable of. Also like I always say you're harder and less objective on someone who affects you the most than someone you don't care for
    Absolutely, that's my point, but if we take a step back then its easier to apply a more measured logic and see development or not.

    I think with Lallana its crystal clear and the fact he has given us nearly 2 solid seasons now and has excelled at times to the point the team is poorer without him, so those hanging onto his previous poor form are seriously out of date with their views.....which brings me full circle with Pogba, he has a higher ceiling, he WAS very good in Italy where he had weaker opposition and a brilliant team around him....but keeping it current this season he has fallen well short, no doubt about that so it does get weird for me seeing some of our own fans backing his displays...or lack of based on reputation an profile.

    You missed my point on the Mane signing, there was the usual feigned outrage on here from some, questioning the price and what he'd add and of course since his form has been so exceptional those same fans would look insane to be anything other than impressed, but the point is there was much consternation over the fee, meanwhile Pogba's fee is apparently irrelevant and he's done ok.

    Its an ever shifting reasoning that rarely adds up, and possibly as you say because of an inability to seperate emotion around our own players, to the point of at times absurd negativity and poor judgement IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    They were discussing him on Sunday Supplement;tying themselves in knots in an attempt to justify the fee and persuade us he's had a 'pretty good' season.
    He has and the fee is irrelevant...but if we pay out for a player he better be more than pretty good or else!

    Personally I see a talented player nowhere near worth that fee, who was great in a different league and had the luxury of a top team around him and some questionable quality to go up against.

    He can't live on reputation every season here so you'd expect so much more from him next season, I hope he fails of course due to who he plays for but it is funny seeing the at times bizarre attempts to praise of justify him.

    Emoji's are a bigger deal than actual performances perhaps
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •