Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Clear Out

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by neongreekred View Post
    The issue is not the time, the issue is the level
    then you miss the point of my post not a surprise really, just have to have a dig.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Sakho - I don't think Klopp will change his mind
    Moreno
    Flanagan
    Bogdan
    Origi - sooner the better.
    Sturridge - great player but we just can't hope that he will be injury free. Wasting squad space.
    Lucas - love Him but times up
    Klavan
    Markovic

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    That's what people need to understand.

A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.
    Excellent posts.

I despair when I read some of the rubbish and thoughtless bile on here. The above two posts explain clearly what should happen. The idea that we should get rid of England's captain and also their best forward is so small time mentality. Maybe these fans should go and support chelski who can afford to get rid of quality players. WE SHOULD TRY AND NOT BE A SELLING CLUB.

Agreed. Keep as many as we can and ADD to the squad, not deplete it further. I sigh when I think of what might have been, had we bought more last summer, and in January.

It's important we keep our best players, but equally important to add quality overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    then you miss the point of my post not a surprise really, just have to have a dig.
    You are becoming paranoid. What dig?

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Ū
    A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.
    A 'decent ' first eleven isn't good enough indeed.

We don't have unlimited resources and so some players must leave

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    A 'decent ' first eleven isn't good enough indeed.

We don't have unlimited resources and so some players must leave
    He's not remotely saying it is, quite the opposite, we currently have a decent 11 and need to add depth and quality to that.

We'll sell a few fringe players but clearly there will be no clear out as we don't have enough players as it is

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    He's not remotely saying it is, quite the opposite, we currently have a decent 11 and need to add depth and quality to that.

We'll sell a few fringe players but clearly there will be no clear out as we don't have enough players as it is
    Exactly.

We already need 4 or 5 players...just to allow us a chance to rotate between Europe and PL...even if no senior first XI squad members are sold...barring the loaners and the obviously out of favour.

Some of the clear out ideas on here would end up with us having to bring in 10 or 12 senior players.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Exactly.

We already need 4 or 5 players...just to allow us a chance to rotate between Europe and PL...even if no senior first XI squad members are sold...barring the loaners and the obviously out of favour.

Some of the clear out ideas on here would end up with us having to bring in 10 or 12 senior players.
    Yep, its too idealistic unfortunately in that we replace every player we're not sure of or don't quite like, but as you suggest we're not coming from a position or luxury of a packed squad competing for spots. We're trying to get there but we're nowhere near that yet

We need to bring in quality signings to add to what we have and for first team players, I can only see Sturridge as a possibility of leaving, maybe Lucas and/or Klavan at real push depending on how many come in.

And if we don't have a significant clear-out and replace them with proven quality?

Those left who are worth keeping will start to wonder.

Exactly.

Some of the clear out ideas on here would end up with us having to bring in 10 or 12 senior players
    pretty much, and if any of those failed to settle we would have exactly the same moans and groans against about deadwood and needing another clearout.

Ha! Ha! The cull is coming 2!
    Henderson?
    Lallana?
    Can?
    Firmino?

All of these and more have been called into question from last summer onwards by knee-jerk fans who judge on one or two performances.
    You plastic fans are welcome to your fun with this thread.

GK
    LB
    CB
    DMFx2
    Left winger
    Striker x2

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Henderson?
    Lallana?
    Can?
    Firmino?

All of these and more have been called into question from last summer onwards by knee-jerk fans who judge on one or two performances.

Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    Bewdley named about 15 players that could be moved on. Every one of them is realistic.

Just like last season when we saw about 12 players leaving, there will be another huge clear out.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Henderson?
    Lallana?
    Can?
    Firmino?

GK
    LB
    CB
    DMFx2
    Left winger
    Striker x2
    I really can't see Klopp signing 8 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    agree. he has a hell of a balancing act to do and something we totally ignore as the focus is purely on "the best 11".

by his own admissionhe is building a team, a squad for the long term, not just a one season wonder and that takes time and patience. so taking that into account also involves looking at all aspects of not only players to buy, but also how any of the current academy players promoted to the squad will feature next season.

After last seasons cull, sending some expensive player out like Sakho and Markovic and not doing anything in the Winter we must have saved some serious $$ over the last 6-12 months.
    “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

1). Randall has got to be shown the door... any door, he's just not good enough! Yes he's not a bonified 1st teamer or bench rider but he's just that lame he had to be mentioned.

2). Lucas was poor under Benitez, excelled when Hodgson signed Poulsen, wasn't too bad under Dalglish, wasn't required by Rodgers and is a squad player under the current manager. He's become a DCM but regardless of stats is so inferior to the likes of Wanyama and Kante it's almost laughable.

3). Markovic was so bad he made Ibe look world class! Some here afforded him an excuse or two when realistically he was a bigger flop than Benteke. He's looked better in a relegated Hull side but not good enough to warrant a reprieve.

4). Sakho is a player I'd rather we kept but that ship has sailed and hit an iceberg. I'd never seen a player so composed and comical at the same time until he arrived. Still one of the best CM in the EPL. The current manager hates him

5. Moreno has been pulling off his impersonation of a defender for far too long. He's never learnt the art of defending let alone mastered it. Sadly he's not about to improve. I'd rather we still had Enrique!

6. Klavan is so poor, the manager signed him but then found useless no pace Lucas to be a better option. That's just ludicrous.

7. Bogdan or Karius (both born on exactly the same day... both dodgy goalkeepers). I really could give a stuff who out of the two was ditched so long as they leave hand in hand with Manninger.

8. Henderson

(I think Origi is crap as well...)

Mamadou Sakho
    Ragnar Klavan
    Connor Randall
    Alberto Moreno
    Kevin Stewart
    Danny Ings
    Adam Bogdan
    Danny Ward
    Lazar Markovic
    Lucas

All of them should be gone.

Yes, but there's no way our owners are going to spend that sort of money without selling.

There is evidential proof of this. No debate. We may sign a couple of good players, but there'll be checks and balances.

Hopefully there won't be much of a clear out because we only really need to add to what we have.

If there are bad eggs such as Sakho, or players dropping down to 3rd or 4th choice, due to new signings, when they could be 1st choice somewhere else then that would make sense.

You can't build a team/squad by having clear outs every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    He signed 6 last summer and we had no Europe - I think 8 isn't out of the question.

If we do sell the players most people expect (Sakho, Marko, Lucas, Moreno, Wisdom, Bogdan, probably Sturridge) then we'll need quite a lot of reinforcement, particularly if Ings goes out on loan which I think is likely. It doesn't seem like he thinks much of Gomez either and the jury's out on Grujic and Karius.

I think we'll need at least 18 proper senior players who can be trusted in pretty much any game, assuming we get in the Champions League, plus some younger prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Yes, but there's no way our owners are going to spend that sort of money without selling.

There is evidential proof of this. No debate. We may sign a couple of good players, but there'll be checks and balances.
    name a club that never sells. even the might barca/madrid have to sell to fund new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    name a club that never sells. even the might barca/madrid have to sell to fund new blood.
    Give it a rest. You're boring everyone yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    He signed 6 last summer and we had no Europe - I think 8 isn't out of the question.

If we do sell the players most people expect (Sakho, Marko, Lucas, Moreno, Wisdom, Bogdan, probably Sturridge) then we'll need quite a lot of reinforcement, particularly if Ings goes out on loan which I think is likely. It doesn't seem like he thinks much of Gomez either and the jury's out on Grujic and Karius.

I think we'll need at least 18 proper senior players who can be trusted in pretty much any game, assuming we get in the Champions League, plus some younger prospects.
    i can't understand this thinking, i really can't. gomez is just coming off of a serious knee injury and you expect him to force his way into the team, really. gruijic also has had ankle problems and has been taking direction while fit working on his distribution and defensive side of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    As the closed season approaches there will be some comings and goings during the summer. So is there any future at Liverpool for fringe players like .....

Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom ?

Should even Flanagan, Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva be looking over their shoulders?

Have you any other players you think we should get shot of or any of the above you think we should hold on tight to ?

Your thoughts gents.
    Well Flanno has no future at the club nor does Wisdom or Bogdan. These 3 wouldn't get in any other premier league side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Give it a rest. You're boring everyone yet again.
    likewise with the moans about selling players, something that every single club does.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Mamadou Sakho
    Ragnar Klavan
    Connor Randall
    Alberto Moreno
    Kevin Stewart
    Danny Ings
    Adam Bogdan
    Danny Ward
    Lazar Markovic
    Lucas