Alberto Moreno
    Kevin Stewart
    Danny Ings
    Adam Bogdan
    Danny Ward
    Lazar Markovic
    Lucas

All of them should be gone.
    Klavan will stay as 4th choice fighting with Gomez. Ings will stay and then probably go out on loan in the 2nd half of the season. Ward might be our 3rd choice keeper, but might also leave to get guaranteed play time, on loan or permanently. I'd retain Lucas as he is a valuable squad player, but he probably wants to leave to play regularly. Then we have other fringe players like Wisdom and Flanagan who are probably going to be sold. And of course Sturridge might be sold. All in all, we could be making 100m (if Studge goes) from our outgoings which would help quite a lot as we need to get around 5 quality players in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Geez, Sturridge is a tough, tough one.

Some club that steps up and offers say 20 million or more would be mighty tempting.

Henderson I don't feel is surplus to requirements but this foot injury has become quite worrisome.
    Needs to be at least 30m. Sturridge if 'fit' is one of the best strikers in the league, and they go for around 40-50m.

They'll be some English clubs desperate for a top striker. West Ham being the one or even Newcastle.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Bewdley named about 15 players that could be moved on. Every one of them is realistic.

Just like last season when we saw about 12 players leaving, there will be another huge clear out.
    Bewdley's 12 where fair enough...though I can see Lucas and or Sturridge staying...if we get CL.

There will be a clear out of loan players (Sakho, Markovic etc) and players who are either U23s that haven't made a big enough impression...like Randall...or are obviously not fancied by Klopp...like Moreno.

My point...and that made by several others, is that there will be no clear out of players who have featured in a good few games this season.

Fans expecting an exodus of regular first team players are kidding themselves.

Those leaving will be the ones, in the main, who didn't play much this season anyway.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 17-5-17 at 13:50.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Bewdley's 12 where fair enough...though I can see Lucas and or Sturridge staying...if we get CL.

There will be a clear out of loan players (Sakho, Markovic etc) and players who are either U23s that haven't made a big enough impression...like Randall...or are obviously not fancied by Klopp...like Moreno.

My point...and that made by several others, is that there will be no clear out of players who have featured in a good few games this season.

Those leaving will be the ones, in the main, who didn't play much this season anyway
    In a nutshell

Lucas has been great for us, undervalued and helped with Cou and firmino inter grating here, I'd personally offer him a role as back up but I can understand him wanting to leave to play more.

Studge if sold needs to be replaced with someone similar quality (and that will cost more than we get for studge)

The likely to leave are Markovic , Sakho (still better than lovren but will leave), Moreno (need an actual left back in ), wisdom , Flanagan , maybe Stewart , definitely bogdan and probably manninger , klavan is debate able but if Gomez is any good he should displace him leaving klavan as 5th choice), if you add studge to tha list then as others said its probably close to 100 million but we need to bring in 5-6 maybe more players most of which displace or at the very least provide actually competition to current first teamers

Our squad is ridiculously thin so anyone out who's played needs to be replaced with quality

I expect if we make cl that we spent around 100-150 million Net, ESP given even Newcastle with their tight owner are supposedly spending 100 million then with cl And all extra revenue I don't think that's too much to ask from ambitious owners, ESP given our low spend for a while under fsg

Time to show we mean buisness and convince Cou and our other top players we can compete top end.

Id love a decent start to the window with a statement of intent that would make other players debating coming here realize we could go places , let's hope we start as we mean to go on, and if we do miss out on targets our second third or fourth choices are similar and we don't go from Sanchez to Ballotelli again , but last summer was refreshing, if klopps backed then I am optimistic about our direction, he's managed to get an average quality squad so close to cl football, imagine what he can do when he's not putting lipstick on pigs.

Those leaving will be the ones, in the main, who didn't play much this season anyway.
    Those saying sell Henderson are just being silly. He's far from world class but a highly valuable member of the squad full of hard work, inspiration for others and the occasional world class goal. Tbf his one against Chelsea was a while ago so people might have forgotten that.

The midfield definitely needs tuning. Moving Coutinho inside and having Milner available should be enough imo that we won't have to sign a midfielder, at least until everywhere else is sorted.

There's a case that even Moreno could be kept on as third choice LB, not a bad option for the cups, poor lad.

Sturridge I think will want to find a new club. Another big shame that we lose such a talent through injuries and lack of playing time.

There's no telling how long Ings will manage to stay fit when he's back. I don't think the club will give up on him, but he should always be regarded as the 4th option.
    Signing a top class striker is as much of a priority as LB, although knowing Klopp he'll go for a utility forward rather than a Torres. (a mistake imo)

I'm expecting a very busy summer, more in than out.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I really can't see Klopp signing 8 players.
    I don't think he'll have much choice. Between gearing up for Europe (deeper squad) and a number of players leaving, 8 incoming players is not that difficult to see. It will be a mixture of course. Some first 11 and some squad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    If nothing else, it shows how much deadwood we still have around the place that needs shifting.
    I'm not sure the wood is truly dead cos every season it grows new shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    I'm expecting a very busy summer, more in than out.
    That is not going to happen as I can see us selling 10 if not more players. Mostly fringe players of course with a one or two exceptions.

Absolutely. It is the players who did not play much (or at all) who are going to be leaving, like some of the youngsters (Randall etc), those out on loan (Sakho / Markovic) and those first teasers who are - bluntly put - crap (Moreno).

No way should we be contemplating selling players who played a meaningful role in our season, even if you do not rate them as world beaters. These are squad players who will play an important role, and who will ensure we are not as badly affected by an injury crisis as we were this season.

Sturridge is the one curve ball for me .. like AUOS said, if we get an offer we simply cannot refuse for him - 25m or upwards - I guess Klopp will be very tempted to sell, assuming we can get some quality in to replace him of course. If we did not sell him and he stayed on next season, I for one would not be in any way arsed about that .. when he is fit, he is far and away our best striker, and one of the best in the league.

If - as some of the posters on here think may happen - we have a big clearout, that would be more counter productive imo. We need to get rid of players who have little chance of playing an important role in the first team, both this season and in ones to come, and bring in 4 or 5 players of real quality who would immediately be seen as first team starters. That would have the effect of bringing in some real quality, whilst at the same time ensuring we have a big squad that would keep us competitive in all competitions over the course of the season. To this end, my choices to leave would be:

Moreno
    Stewart
    Manninger
    Bogdan
    Randall
    Markovic
    Sakho
    Perhaps Klavan

Hopefully, we would realise about 40m in transfer fees from that lot, which would go into the transfer kitty.

Our squad would then look like this:

Keepers: Mignolet / Karius / Ward

Fullbacks / Wingbacks: Clyne / Trent Arnold / AN Quality other (Sessegnon, albeit somewhat young and inexperienced)) / Milner

CB's: Lovren / Matip / AN Quality other (Van Dijk) / Gomez

DM: Lucas / Can / AN Quality other)

CM: Henderson / Grujic / AN Quality other (Fabregas / Keita) / Wijnaldum

AM: Coutinho / Firmino / Mane / Lallana / AN Quality other (Salah)

ST: Sturridge or quality replacement / Origi / Ings

Then you also have Ejaria / Ojo / Wilson / Woodburn etc who would play the occasional game (or hopefully one of them makes a breakthrough next season which would be a bonus).

You will notice that we do have some proper quality in that squad already - Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Matip, etc .. but it is those 4/5 quality signings that we will make that would really take our team (principally our first team) to the next level - sign that amount of quality, and it stands to reason that our first team quality would rise proportionately .. by about 40-50%, which is no mean amount.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Moreno
    Stewart
    Manninger
    Bogdan
    Randall
    Markovic
    Sakho
    Perhaps Klavan

Hopefully, we would realise about 40m in transfer fees from that lot, which would go into the transfer kitty.
    We are going to make much more than 40m. Stewart 8m, Manninger and Bogdan free, Randall 3m, Lazar 15m, Sakho 30m. Then we have Moreno 12m, Wisdom 3m, etc. No need to undersell our players in the current market.

We need to dump Origi.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

No way should we be contemplating selling players who played a meaningful role in our season, even if you do not rate them as world beaters. These are squad players who will play an important role, and who will ensure we are not as badly affected by an injury crisis as we were this season.

Then you also have Ejaria / Ojo / Wilson / Woodburn etc who would play the occasional game (or hopefully one of them makes a breakthrough next season which would be a bonus).
    maninger is going nowhere its quite likely he has a back room role waiting. as for the bold they will likely have cameos throughout the season as none of them currently are up to a full premier league season. think maybe we need to get away from this "breakthrough" ideal of expecting a young player to turn up and just go in the team - all of them still have a few seasons before that happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    We need to dump Origi.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    We are going to make much more than 40m. Stewart 8m, Manninger and Bogdan free, Randall 3m, Lazar 15m, Sakho 30m. Then we have Moreno 12m, Wisdom 3m, etc. No need to undersell our players in the current market.
    I actually see from my estimate that I forgot to give a fee at all for Markovic, so you are probably right - we should get closer to 55m I would say. Can't see us getting 8m for Stewart though, maybe half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    We need to dump Origi.

He is quite a big fella, would hurt a bit.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    I actually see from my estimate that I forgot to give a fee at all for Markovic, so you are probably right - we should get closer to 55m I would say. Can't see us getting 8m for Stewart though, maybe half that.
    think you will end up being surprised, he';s valued quite highly by some. my guess, 10+

Out- Sturridge (I'd keep him but think the damage is done), Moreno (about time), Klavan (an admirable trier but nowhere near good enough), Lucas (wouldn't be against him staying as a squad player but it's time to go).

Then we need 6 new players.

4 who go straight into the team and two who can provide great competition from the bench.

He is quite a big fella, would hurt a bit.
    Racist.

Not many people in this thread actually suggested the point youre arguing though, did they? Just read the posts in this thread. The only names to crop up suggesting they should be sold are not considered fringe players were Henderson and Lovren. In fact, the only person to mention Lovren was a known crank who specifically gave a list of players who he would move on, and this is clearly a personal bias about those players.

My point of contention was your comment that you didnt see many leaving, aside from the group you named. And then this was expanded to include several first team players who have featured regularly this season; Lucas, Klavan, Sturridge, Moreno, etc.

So the reality is there should be and will be a huge number of players leaving in the summer, and that includes several from the first team squad who have featured.

People started arguing a point that wasn't really made in here. The vast majority of players mentioned in here are fringe players.

We'll have a cull of players again this year, just like last year.
    Last edited by FIOS; 17-5-17 at 16:14.

I don't think you can keep both Klavan and Gomez if you are signing a new centre half.

How is Gomez expected to progress if he has four senior players ahead of him?

Ah yes, one of those lovely threads again. They show up around this time every year. A bit like herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    Ah yes, one of those lovely threads again. They show up around this time every year. A bit like herpes.
    Or a bit like a thread on a footy forum discussing who fans think will leave, and who they really want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    As the closed season approaches there will be some comings and goings during the summer. So is there any future at Liverpool for fringe players like .....

Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom ?

Should even Flanagan, Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva be looking over their shoulders?

Have you any other players you think we should get shot of or any of the above you think we should hold on tight to ?

Your thoughts gents.
    I would keep Leiva, Gomez and im puzzled with Ings and Sturridge. I really love Ings and Sturridge, but all the injuries and **** makes me feel like we cant keep them here, but Sturridge is so incredibly gifted and i just cant stop dreaming about him without injuries and hungry as a wolf. He would be +20 each season if that happened and he is a great guy.

Or a bit like a thread on a footy forum discussing who fans think will leave, and who they really want to leave.
    Haha!

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Nice

Klavan will stay as 4th choice fighting with Gomez. Ings will stay and then probably go out on loan in the 2nd half of the season. Ward might be our 3rd choice keeper, but might also leave to get guaranteed play time, on loan or permanently. I'd retain Lucas as he is a valuable squad player, but he probably wants to leave to play regularly. Then we have other fringe players like Wisdom and Flanagan who are probably going to be sold. And of course Sturridge might be sold. All in all, we could be making 100m (if Studge goes) from our outgoings which would help quite a lot as we need to get around 5 quality players in.
    I can see Klavan staying although I don't like him.

Ings doesn't have a future here but I can definitely see him staying, getting no game time, and going on loan in Jan.

Ward has to leave, even if it's on loan again. He has a massive chance of being Wales' long term #1, no way will he be happy to be our 2nd choice, let alone 3rd.

Completely agree about Lucas. I'd completely forgot about Flanagan/Wisdom

Can't tell if this thread is best envisioned as a circle jerk or human centipede....

Then we have Moreno 12m, .
    No, No, No. There is no way we will get away paying anyone 12M for Moreno. It'll be nearer 15M.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Why get rid of Sturridge and Henderson?
    Sturridge is draining stupid wages to contribute nothing, that's why.