Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Clear Out

1. #1 Default Summer Clear Out 
    As the closed season approaches there will be some comings and goings during the summer. So is there any future at Liverpool for fringe players like .....

Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom ?

Should even Flanagan, Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva be looking over their shoulders?

Have you any other players you think we should get shot of or any of the above you think we should hold on tight to ?

Your thoughts gents.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Lovren are at the top of my list

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    If nothing else, it shows how much deadwood we still have around the place that needs shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Why get rid of Sturridge and Henderson?

We don't need a clear out imo, need to build this squad in order to have depth for the CL

sell:

bogdan
    moreno
    klavan
    sahko
    wisdom
    flanagan
    henderson (will never happen)
    markovic

you would hope to generate at least 50-60 mill from that

Wouldn't say a clear out, but pruning....

Always tough doing this in some respects

Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom, Flannagan (sry ) lastly probably Lucas, really like him, just wish he could run.

Sell Henderson lol

I mean I hope we can get to that point, but we are not close at all atm.

Bogdan, why oh why did we..........forget it, just get rid of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Why get rid of Sturridge and Henderson?
    Is Sturridge reliable? No I do t think so... We can much better than Hendo and it seems his foot is going to continue to be a problem... No thanks

Is Sturridge reliable? No I do t think so... We can much better than Hendo and it seems his foot is going to continue to be a problem... No thanks
    No guarentees their replacements will be reliable either, Henderson's our captain and despite the worrying injury he's good to have in the squad. Sturridge is worth keeping around for reasons shown on Sunday. Imo of course.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by longstebe View Post
    Bogdan, why oh why did we..........forget it, just get rid of him now.

"Oh, we hardly knew ye"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    No guarentees their replacements will be reliable either, Henderson's our captain and despite the worrying injury he's good to have in the squad. Sturridge is worth keeping around for reasons shown on Sunday. Imo of course.
    No guarantee that their replacements will be reliable?

There is a pretty solid case that those two won't be reliable though.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShop View Post
    No guarantee that their replacements will be reliable?

There is a pretty solid case that those two won't be reliable though.
    No it's football anyone can get injured at any time. And yes I'd imagine Henderson and Sturridge will be out for spells next season but if we have quality in the squad to come in then it won't be felt as much. Getting rid of our club captain and one of our best players isn't the way forward.

Geez, Sturridge is a tough, tough one.

Some club that steps up and offers say 20 million or more would be mighty tempting.

Henderson I don't feel is surplus to requirements but this foot injury has become quite worrisome.

I done necessarily want hendo gone , he's a decent passer and comes in with goals on occasion, he's a passionate player and I don't really agree with a lot of the stick he gets on here

That said I don't think he's a captain , I would be naming lallana come next season ....

Sell or release: Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho (not my choice but will happen), Markovic, Wisdom, Flanagan

Loan out: Randall, Stewart, Ojo, Ejaria

I would keep Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva

Then of course we need to buy! Buy! Buy!

Sell Flanagan to Luton Town dreadful defender who can't get a game a burnley ffs

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Sheesh, is Wisdom still our player?!

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    I'd keep Sturridge and Henderson despite their injury problems but reduce the reliance on them. This already happened with Sturridge.
    Potentially 60 plus games. We fell apart with with less than 50 games.
    Last edited by spider-neil; 17-5-17 at 09:10.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    this reminds me of the last bumper clear-out thread, and that was typically miles off. with the possible exception of sturridge or klaven virtually none of the first team will be moved on.

most of the ones being moved will be made up of the following; academy (normal) peripheral players from the squad (moreno etc) and those who have upset the apple cart or deemed surplus (sakho/bogdan) and ofc those that remain from previous seasons who have not moved on (wisdom, flanno) so, just another summer at a premier league club.

not one of the above will make an impact one way or another on what happens with the current match day squad but will obviously help bolster the transfer kitty.

I think the following will leave permanently:

Manninger, Bogdan, Moreno, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Stewart, Markovic, Flanagan, Brannagan, Dunn, Sturridge

It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Ward, Kent, Ojo, Wilson and Ejaria went out on loan, possibly Gomez and Ings too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I think the following will leave permanently:

Manninger, Bogdan, Moreno, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Stewart, Markovic, Flanagan, Brannagan, Dunn, Sturridge

It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Ward, Kent, Ojo, Wilson and Ejaria went out on loan, possibly Gomez and Ings too.
    bottom sentence only: dunno about ings, long time out, take a long time to get back to level, kids got a fight on his hands. the others, not sure tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    I'd keep Sturridge and Henderson despite their injury problems but reduce the reliance on them. This already happened with Sturridge.
    Potentially 60 plus games. We feel apart with with less than 50 games.
    Agreed.

Don't see the clamour to ditch Sturridge or Hendo when there is far greater deadwood around the place.

Studge & Hendo when/if fit ( big IF I know) can still be valuable assets to a strengthened squad, particularly Daniel. If we're hopefully looking at a 60 game season we will need all the depth we can manage. Getting even 25-30 games out of Sturridge still absolutely makes him worth keeping.

On the othr hand, the likes of Bogdan, Stewart, Flanagan, Wisdom, Randall, Marko, Klavan are never going to be good enough. The ship has probably sailed also for Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, and although he never had the chance to prove his worth - Ings.

There's at least 10 squad players of inferior quality & value that could be moved on before we start thinking of Sturridge & Henderson, who should only come into the equation if comparable or better replacements, are brought in first.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    bottom sentence only: dunno about ings, long time out, take a long time to get back to level, kids got a fight on his hands. the others, not sure tbh.
    Yeah, I actually think Ings will probably be in our squad next season.

He's suffered 2 ACL's in as many years, and there won't be many (if any) clubs willing to take the risk and sign Danny on a short or long term deal.

Last season, Klopp was reluctant to bring Ings back into the first team fold, and stated that he needed to build up fitness with the U23's. Then, unfortunately, he suffered another massive setback.

I think it's likely that Ings won't be available/fit until the end of this year. I've mentioned this before, but Danny has now had four really bad knee injuries despite being just 24 years old. At Burnley, he tore the cartilage in both his left and right knees (resulting in six months out on two separate occasions). His career could be in serious jeopardy if he has another knee issue, unfortunately.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    That's what people need to understand.

A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Yeah, I actually think Ings will probably be in our squad next season.

He's suffered 2 ACL's in as many years, and there won't be many (if any) clubs willing to take the risk and sign Danny on a short or long term deal.

Last season, Klopp was reluctant to bring Ings back into the first team fold, and stated that he needed to build up fitness with the U23's. Then, unfortunately, he suffered another massive setback.

I think it's likely that Ings won't be available/fit until the end of this year. I've mentioned this before, but Danny has now had four really bad knee injuries despite being just 24 years old. At Burnley, he tore the cartilage in both his left and right knees (resulting in six months out on two separate occasions). His career could be in serious jeopardy if he has another knee issue, unfortunately.
    agree its a dodgy time for ings and really needs to get through a season without injury. i can't see us discarding him just yet and guess it will be a watch and wait scenario. agree that if he does suffer another one it could well herald the end of his career, a shame really for a young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    That's what people need to understand.

A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.
    good post.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    The issue is not the time, the issue is the level