Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 242

Thread: Summer Clear Out

  1. #1 Default Summer Clear Out 
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,471
    As the closed season approaches there will be some comings and goings during the summer. So is there any future at Liverpool for fringe players like .....

    Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom ?

    Should even Flanagan, Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva be looking over their shoulders?

    Have you any other players you think we should get shot of or any of the above you think we should hold on tight to ?

    Your thoughts gents.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,094
    Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Lovren are at the top of my list
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35,293
    If nothing else, it shows how much deadwood we still have around the place that needs shifting.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Lovren are at the top of my list
    Why get rid of Sturridge and Henderson?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,216
    We don't need a clear out imo, need to build this squad in order to have depth for the CL
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    922
    sell:

    bogdan
    moreno
    klavan
    sahko
    wisdom
    flanagan
    henderson (will never happen)
    markovic

    you would hope to generate at least 50-60 mill from that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,140
    Wouldn't say a clear out, but pruning....

    Always tough doing this in some respects

    Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom, Flannagan (sry ) lastly probably Lucas, really like him, just wish he could run.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,140
    Sell Henderson lol

    I mean I hope we can get to that point, but we are not close at all atm.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,450
    Bogdan, why oh why did we..........forget it, just get rid of him now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Why get rid of Sturridge and Henderson?
    Is Sturridge reliable? No I do t think so... We can much better than Hendo and it seems his foot is going to continue to be a problem... No thanks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Is Sturridge reliable? No I do t think so... We can much better than Hendo and it seems his foot is going to continue to be a problem... No thanks
    No guarentees their replacements will be reliable either, Henderson's our captain and despite the worrying injury he's good to have in the squad. Sturridge is worth keeping around for reasons shown on Sunday. Imo of course.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    30,614
    Quote Originally Posted by longstebe View Post
    Bogdan, why oh why did we..........forget it, just get rid of him now.


    "Oh, we hardly knew ye"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    No guarentees their replacements will be reliable either, Henderson's our captain and despite the worrying injury he's good to have in the squad. Sturridge is worth keeping around for reasons shown on Sunday. Imo of course.
    No guarantee that their replacements will be reliable?

    There is a pretty solid case that those two won't be reliable though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShop View Post
    No guarantee that their replacements will be reliable?

    There is a pretty solid case that those two won't be reliable though.
    No it's football anyone can get injured at any time. And yes I'd imagine Henderson and Sturridge will be out for spells next season but if we have quality in the squad to come in then it won't be felt as much. Getting rid of our club captain and one of our best players isn't the way forward.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,599
    Geez, Sturridge is a tough, tough one.

    Some club that steps up and offers say 20 million or more would be mighty tempting.

    Henderson I don't feel is surplus to requirements but this foot injury has become quite worrisome.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Lovren are at the top of my list
    I done necessarily want hendo gone , he's a decent passer and comes in with goals on occasion, he's a passionate player and I don't really agree with a lot of the stick he gets on here

    That said I don't think he's a captain , I would be naming lallana come next season ....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,681
    Sell or release: Bogden, Moreno, Ings, Sakho (not my choice but will happen), Markovic, Wisdom, Flanagan

    Loan out: Randall, Stewart, Ojo, Ejaria

    I would keep Gomez, Sturridge, Klaven and Leiva

    Then of course we need to buy! Buy! Buy!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,644
    Sell Flanagan to Luton Town dreadful defender who can't get a game a burnley ffs
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    121,377
    Sheesh, is Wisdom still our player?!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,365
    I'd keep Sturridge and Henderson despite their injury problems but reduce the reliance on them. This already happened with Sturridge.
    Potentially 60 plus games. We fell apart with with less than 50 games.
    Last edited by spider-neil; 17-5-17 at 09:10.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    68,845
    this reminds me of the last bumper clear-out thread, and that was typically miles off. with the possible exception of sturridge or klaven virtually none of the first team will be moved on.

    most of the ones being moved will be made up of the following; academy (normal) peripheral players from the squad (moreno etc) and those who have upset the apple cart or deemed surplus (sakho/bogdan) and ofc those that remain from previous seasons who have not moved on (wisdom, flanno) so, just another summer at a premier league club.

    not one of the above will make an impact one way or another on what happens with the current match day squad but will obviously help bolster the transfer kitty.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,299
    I think the following will leave permanently:

    Manninger, Bogdan, Moreno, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Stewart, Markovic, Flanagan, Brannagan, Dunn, Sturridge

    It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Ward, Kent, Ojo, Wilson and Ejaria went out on loan, possibly Gomez and Ings too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    68,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I think the following will leave permanently:

    Manninger, Bogdan, Moreno, Sakho, Wisdom, Lucas, Stewart, Markovic, Flanagan, Brannagan, Dunn, Sturridge

    It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Ward, Kent, Ojo, Wilson and Ejaria went out on loan, possibly Gomez and Ings too.
    bottom sentence only: dunno about ings, long time out, take a long time to get back to level, kids got a fight on his hands. the others, not sure tbh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    I'd keep Sturridge and Henderson despite their injury problems but reduce the reliance on them. This already happened with Sturridge.
    Potentially 60 plus games. We feel apart with with less than 50 games.
    Agreed.

    Don't see the clamour to ditch Sturridge or Hendo when there is far greater deadwood around the place.

    Studge & Hendo when/if fit ( big IF I know) can still be valuable assets to a strengthened squad, particularly Daniel. If we're hopefully looking at a 60 game season we will need all the depth we can manage. Getting even 25-30 games out of Sturridge still absolutely makes him worth keeping.

    On the othr hand, the likes of Bogdan, Stewart, Flanagan, Wisdom, Randall, Marko, Klavan are never going to be good enough. The ship has probably sailed also for Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, and although he never had the chance to prove his worth - Ings.

    There's at least 10 squad players of inferior quality & value that could be moved on before we start thinking of Sturridge & Henderson, who should only come into the equation if comparable or better replacements, are brought in first.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,299
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    bottom sentence only: dunno about ings, long time out, take a long time to get back to level, kids got a fight on his hands. the others, not sure tbh.
    Yeah, I actually think Ings will probably be in our squad next season.

    He's suffered 2 ACL's in as many years, and there won't be many (if any) clubs willing to take the risk and sign Danny on a short or long term deal.

    Last season, Klopp was reluctant to bring Ings back into the first team fold, and stated that he needed to build up fitness with the U23's. Then, unfortunately, he suffered another massive setback.

    I think it's likely that Ings won't be available/fit until the end of this year. I've mentioned this before, but Danny has now had four really bad knee injuries despite being just 24 years old. At Burnley, he tore the cartilage in both his left and right knees (resulting in six months out on two separate occasions). His career could be in serious jeopardy if he has another knee issue, unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,405
    Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

    We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Other than the senior loan players, a few under achieving U23s and Moreno...I don't see many players leaving.

    We have a small squad and need 4 or 5 players, even if everyone who played more than a few games, stays.
    That's what people need to understand.

    A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

    Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

    Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    68,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Yeah, I actually think Ings will probably be in our squad next season.

    He's suffered 2 ACL's in as many years, and there won't be many (if any) clubs willing to take the risk and sign Danny on a short or long term deal.

    Last season, Klopp was reluctant to bring Ings back into the first team fold, and stated that he needed to build up fitness with the U23's. Then, unfortunately, he suffered another massive setback.

    I think it's likely that Ings won't be available/fit until the end of this year. I've mentioned this before, but Danny has now had four really bad knee injuries despite being just 24 years old. At Burnley, he tore the cartilage in both his left and right knees (resulting in six months out on two separate occasions). His career could be in serious jeopardy if he has another knee issue, unfortunately.
    agree its a dodgy time for ings and really needs to get through a season without injury. i can't see us discarding him just yet and guess it will be a watch and wait scenario. agree that if he does suffer another one it could well herald the end of his career, a shame really for a young lad.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    68,845
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    That's what people need to understand.

    A massive firesale, other than those categories of players you mention, is neither realistic nor sensible.

    Common consensus is that when everyone is fit and firing we have a decent and competitive starting 11, but the injuries and absences at various stages are what really cost us this season and highlighted the glaring lack of strength in depth. We should be adding to the depth, not weakening it.

    Bring in 4-5 serious quality, seasoned players who can have an immediate and sustained impact on the starting line up. This in turn strengthens the overall depth. That is what we need if we're hopefully going to be competing on multiple fronts next season.
    good post.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    bottom sentence only: dunno about ings, long time out, take a long time to get back to level, kids got a fight on his hands. the others, not sure tbh.
    The issue is not the time, the issue is the level
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •