Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappe

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Because it confirms the club is targeting top tier talent, something you blow your horn about constantly. Just be happy we're after him.
    Lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Juergen Klopp View Post
    "The Seasiders Talisman!"

He's no Pepal.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Mbappe, ba duba dop
    Ba du bop, ba duba dop
    Ba du bop, ba duba dop
    Ba du
    Yeah
    Mbappe, ba duba dop
    Ba du bop, Ba du dop
    Ba du bop, Ba du dop
    Ba du
    Yeah
    https://youtu.be/NHozn0YXAeE

Its not impossible to sign him.

Remember that he is only 18 years old. Real Madrid don't throw insane amounts of money at players that young. Barcelona might but where would he play on that team? Monaco would not sell to PSG and AC Milan or Juventus probably can not afford him.

Coming to England, I think Manchester City could sign him but again where would he play in that team given Sterling, Aguero, Jesus occupy the forward line?

Manchester United is realistically viable. But then that would mean no Greizmann. But this is a strong possibility.

Chelsea is another possibility given that Costa is leaving.

Arsenal can not afford him. Well they can, but Wenger wouldn't throw that sort of money around I don't think.

Bayern I don't think would fancy him although it would be interesting if they put their hat in the ring.

So all in all I think we would contend with Man Utd and Chelsea for his signature this summer and if those clubs have different interests then it is certainly not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Why are you impressed with us wanting him? It's akin to your friend saying he wants Rihanna and you being blown away by his masculinity.

What does it matter? I'm sure we want Messi too.
    Because I think we'll try our best to sign him.

Why can't I be impressed with an exciting transfer target but it's ok for people to be disappointed when we're linked to the likes of Robertson and Gibson?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post

Why can't I be impressed with an exciting transfer target but it's ok for people to be disappointed when we're linked to the likes of Robertson and Gibson?

well said scrams, seems to me there are too many one way streets on these forums.
    Eagle Face Moron

I don't want to hear about us "trying" to sign players.

I'll be happy when we actually sign them.

Any club can leak a story to the press that they're trying to sign a player. There's nothing admirable about that.

Fair point.

I have to say that even though I don't believe we will sign him , we absolutely should be trying to sign this type of player if we are going to continue with buying young players with a top level ceiling.

One signing like this would be a real statement of intent and start persuading the likes of me that fsg mean business of getting us competing long term top end.

Hope there's even a dash of truth in our interest, top quality player when I've seen him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    I have to say that even though I don't believe we will sign him , we absolutely should be trying to sign this type of player if we are going to continue with buying young players with a top level ceiling.

One signing like this would be a real statement of intent and start persuading the likes of me that fsg mean business of getting us competing long term top end.

Hope there's even a dash of truth in our interest, top quality player when I've seen him this season.
    It's never, ever going to happen with our current owners.

FSG have made their statement of intent and have done it numerous times in numerous windows.

They want to run a steady business and have no real interest in going the extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    I don't want to hear about us "trying" to sign players.

I'll be happy when we actually sign them.

Any club can leak a story to the press that they're trying to sign a player. There's nothing admirable about that.
    True but I'm remaining hopeful. The least it will show is some ambition.

True but I'm remaining hopeful. The least it will show is some ambition.
    Send a date request through Tinder to meet Angelina Jolie.

Show some ambition.

Let's face it, a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post

FSG have made their statement of intent and have done it numerous times in numerous windows.

They want to run a steady business and have no real interest in going the extra mile.
    They got burned a few times when splashing money, but i think that this is the season where we go and do big signings. If there ever was a perfect timing for it it would have to be now. I hope this transferwindow proves you wrong, cus so far i have been able to understand why they werent splahing out money.

Show some ambition.

Monaco will not sell for under 90mill IMO. He is a beast though. If we sign him we would sell so many lfc shirts with Mbappe name on it. Do we even have any marketable players anymore.

Since gerrard and suarez have gone we have no marketable players. We are getting left behind.

Show some ambition.

Lol

No chance we've bid that much.

Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    No chance we've bid that much.
    Remember, it's not the actual bid, it's the rumour of our interest that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    This squad will let fans down on sunday, i can see a replay of last season's final all over again. So let them dream whilst they can mate.
    You loser. Loser mentality. Make me sick that you consider yourself a fan spatting nonsense​ like that.

Wouldn't read into this. Marca love Liverpool. Dont know what it is, whether their editors are scousers in sunny spain or what but they've linked us to so many players over the years.

I remember them saying Falcao had agreed to join us when he was still a top hitman at Atleti.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    He is never coming here... I have no idea why anyone would even think such a thing is possible
    I dont thibk we'll get him too but its nit impossible. No need to sound like such a loser

No way, this is probably Marca preparing the ground for a potential Real Madrid offer.

I know what your saying and perhaps it's just posturing to seem relevant with no actual intent (if it's even true)
    Then again perhaps the penny's finally dropped and they understand what it's going to take to compete top end

One thing is for sure this is a pivotal window for fsg, for too long they have had a free reign. It's overdue we find out what they are really made of, given we have a world class manager, and should have considerable revenue given the profit from last year (and low net spend for all of their tenure really), use klopp to attract players , build around cou and mane and really make a statement of intent, wether thats someone like mbappe or another top player, I remember when city did it and soon loads of stars wanted to play for them, if we act like a big club then players will soon be convinced we are , all it takes is one top player to buy into the vision and before you know it we are relevant again, at least that's my dream, interesting summer ahead anyway , hopefully we get cl and we are brave

If Klopp sees fit to go after a player of that calibre then I'm sure FSG will back him. I say that in terms of his overall budget for the summer. If 4th is secured that Klopp must have in the region of 150m to spend. Don't think FSG are saying to him you must spend only 30m on each player. I'm sure if Klopp wants to spend 80m on one then that would be his prerogative while knowing that his budget is 150m.
    In that case maybe he'd only purchase another CB and FB or sell and buy a CM as well.
    This summer is a big test of FSG as well. I can understand the lack of spend to date and they have built a new stand but, with 4th, there is now a chance to rise up a level with proper investment and show real footballing ambition. If they want to fill the developed stadium they must improve the footballing side of the Club first.

I've heard from a very reliable source that Mbappe is a fanatical Liverpool supporter.

Unfortunately, that would be the Uruguayan Liverpool FC, not the English one.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I've heard from a very reliable source that Mbappe is a fanatical Liverpool supporter.

He had posters of Diomede in a Liverpool shirt growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

He is an Lfc fan mate, yeah honestly it's true, he's also 47, it was given away when he said his heroes growing up as a young boy were Keegan, Case and Terry Mac the latter of which he had a replica wig of

Show some ambition.

Bore off.
    Last edited by Scrams; 20-5-17 at 10:55.

Whatever you may think of the news, 'if' Liverpool have been knocked back after making a bid, how can anyone not but see this as a positive?

Why poke fun and ridicule the news - I just don't get some of the posters on these boards.

Yeah, I'm also of the belief that the projected price to lure Mbappe from Monaco will mean we've probably got no chance but the news we're directing interest towards talent like Kylian, is great.

No?

I'm confident that we'll land quality this time around. Middlesbrough first though.