Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumours of another 'Being Liverpool'

Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post
    Never understood the furor over it but maybe that's just because am already used to seeing plenty of it in other sports.

I think people just had problems with the fact that it exposed people like Brendan and they have more of a problem of how it exposed things like the painting in the house, the envelope, blah blah. But that's more to do with who Brendan was (or wasn't) than anything wrong with the show. My sense is you would see a different type of disposition with Klopp running things.
    yeh rodgers the 3 most important things in life , integrity honesty and your family , so then ****s off with another women lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post
    Never understood the furor over it but maybe that's just because am already used to seeing plenty of it in other sports.

I think people just had problems with the fact that it exposed people like Brendan and they have more of a problem of how it exposed things like the painting in the house, the envelope, blah blah. But that's more to do with who Brendan was (or wasn't) than anything wrong with the show. My sense is you would see a different type of disposition with Klopp running things.
    I didn't think it 'exposed' much of anything to be honest. I just thought it was a little boring.

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    I like this thread

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is offline Ask him if the match is on TV
    Because you made the whole thing up
    YNWA

Snippes is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    yeh rodgers the 3 most important things in life , integrity honesty and your family , so then ****s off with another women lol
    The dude was a fraud from the get, even if you can give him credit for being a good salesman because at the time we looked past the cringe and bought the lemons he was selling. Should have seen right through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post
    Because you made the whole thing up

As if.

Snippes is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    I didn't think it 'exposed' much of anything to be honest. I just thought it was a little boring.
    I personally didn't find it boring....but I do see why others did especially if you don't know what to expect going in. I also think 5 years ago, one of the first ones doing it, there was a lot of production stuff that could have been done way better now. Again, comparing ours to the ones I've seen this season, doing it in pre season when it's just the team getting fit is different from the in-season productions I've seen with other clubs like Watford and WBA who included stuff that gies in during the season. So you see the before and after real games stuff which is more interesting than watching 5 a side kickabouts and running sprints and cones and stretching endlessly.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is offline Ask him if the match is on TV
    We had some of our show during the season. Man City I think it was where Skrtel made an error and he look completely devastated in the changing room.

People looked for any excuse to have a go at the show though. They blamed Rodgers for it like they thought he came up with the show, then ignored or changed the point when pointed out it was in place before he came. That was also to have a go at Rodgers too.

I wondered if Daglish stayed what the people blaming Rodgers would have done then, blamed Dalglish or liked the show. Most of the posts in this topic are positive like they want to watch it. So "Rodgers comes up with the idea" him and the show are attacked. A FAKE LFC NEWS tweet says Klopp came up with the idea for a new one, and now it's oh yes let's see it. So it was just an excuse to have a go at Rodgers, oh the show it's the thing this club does, why don't air stuff in public, I hate this show but will watch all six episodes.

The best one though was when Sterling left and people convinced themselves or really wanted to believe the show was to blame, Rodgers telling him off was the reason he left three years later. Some decided even if it wasn't with cameras the incident was still the reason. They believe every other manager hugs and kisses their players all the time and Rodgers is the only one to tell a player off.

If he hadn't told him off three years ago he would not be leaving the club, and would be signing a new contract. Strange they had no response when pointed out Sterling had signed a new contract at the club since the incident.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post
    A FAKE LFC NEWS tweet says Klopp came up with the idea for a new one
    I, I mean, Fay never said that Klopp came up with the idea for a new one - just that he agreed with the idea to do it.

I wonder if Jurgen has a life size mural of himself in his living room like Rodgers did?

Stop a second. I have a message especially for the English players...the younger players listen it's important.

God he sounds so awful

It is just reality show crap TV, but I guess we have to make a few bucks where we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    It is just reality show crap TV, but I guess we have to make a few bucks where we can.
    But Rodgers didn't have to put on an act. He's the same in real life

I think he really is like that in real life. Look at his Celtic interviews they are the same.

So cheesy, but I wonder if we thought he was cool at the time
    Last edited by Defo-skitso; 21-5-17 at 12:10.