Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Clyne

Yeah. Solid right back but offers very little with the ball.
    Last edited by -Seamus-; 27-5-17 at 11:48.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Yeah. Solid right back but offers very little with the ball.
    Fixed that for you...

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Fixed that for you...
    Cheers topps.

If, and I repeat if, we are supposedly more than a little interested in 16 years old Sessengong, then I'd like the manager to have full faith in TAA and put him in. Really don't think he would let us down at all.
    loyal since 1960.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    If, and I repeat if, we are supposedly more than a little interested in 16 years old Sessengong, then I'd like the manager to have full faith in TAA and put him in. Really don't think he would let us down at all.
    Who has let us down in the past?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by victheman View Post
    Juventus, Monaco, Napoli, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, PSG, Dortmund, Bayern, Spurs and even ****** Southampton

Just to name a few clubs that have good (some world class) Full backs/wing backs. People don't seem to realise that its our style of play that dictates that we must have good attacking full backs. Milner and Clyne see the ball more than most other players on the pitch. They mostly see the ball in the oposition half too. If we played like United then fine all we would need are good defensive full backs... but we don't.

Cant believe some people (not you S_7) acting like Clyne is good enough especially considering how much of the ball he sees in our attacks.
    Not many of them reach the level of the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Suarez...though. That was the point, that we haven't had a 'world class', superstar fullback in a long time, but my counter was there isn't many about as it is.

Who has there been in recent years? Dani Alves, Lahm and? It's just a position that you don't really get the recognised top players. What I'd give to have a Finnan or Arbeloa in our team, though.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsy71 View Post
    I hope this is all just rumour and conjecture , Clyne has been one of the best performers over the whole season , I appreciate he can be lax at times , but most certainly should NOT be allowed to leave , OK, we can supplement backup for the position but do not replace him , he still has plenty left in him
    What on earth have you been watching?! Please elaborate on why Clyne has been "one if the best performers" this past season? Please

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Not many of them reach the level of the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Suarez...though. That was the point, that we haven't had a 'world class', superstar fullback in a long time, but my counter was there isn't many about as it is.

Who has there been in recent years? Dani Alves, Lahm and? It's just a position that you don't really get the recognised top players. What I'd give to have a Finnan or Arbeloa in our team, though.
    Thing is i'm not asking us to find the next Lahm (though it would be lovely) i'm asking us to get better than Clyne and Milner while where at it. You guys are acting like upgrading on Clyne is hard. I can name 5 RBs superior to him in the PL alone.

Thing is i'm not asking us to find the next Lahm (though it would be lovely) i'm asking us to get better than Clyne and Milner while where at it. You guys are acting like upgrading on Clyne is hard. I can name 5 RBs superior to him in the PL alone.
    Maybe some are better attacking wise. Defensively he is one of the best RB in the league.

Where did I say that? Show me.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Well, nobody.And neither did I say anyone had.My comment was meant to be read as TAA coming in and doing a good job.
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    Maybe some are better attacking wise. Defensively he is one of the best RB in the league.
    Hes not great defensively either, I think he had a poor season to be honest.

I can't imagine how is possible to call Clyne "one of the best","solid" etc.
    He is hopeless defender -always caught out of position , always late to challenge the opponent in his half ,can't clear the ball if high and generally zero positioning sense ...
    His only attribute is speed and he can't even use it properly -if he is able to catch up attackers he is always fouls them.
    There is absolutely NO WAY TAA could be worse then Clyne !

He cost us several goals.

Quote Originally Posted by livermaina View Post
    I can imagine how is possible to call Clyne "one of the best","solid" etc.
    He is hopeless defender -always caught out of position , always late to challenge the opponent in his half ,can't clear the ball if high and generally zero positioning sense ...
    His only attribute is speed and he can't even use it properly -if he is able to catch up attackers he is always fouls them.
    Just feels the opposite of Johnson to me, people overrate one aspect of his game to justify putting up with the other part. People banged on about how good Johnson was going forward, when he was actually average at best. Clyne is similar, he's decent defensively, nothing great, but awful going forward. For a defender, I don't think he likes to actually put himself about much.

Just feels the opposite of Johnson to me, people overrate one aspect of his game to justify putting up with the other part. People banged on about how good Johnson was going forward, when he was actually average at best. Clyne is similar, he's decent defensively, nothing great, but awful going forward. For a defender, I don't think he likes to actually put himself about much.
    They are very similar as of end product=0
    Even though Johnson had a few good seasons in his career.As for Clyne he reached his pick at Saints and is in decline ever since.
    Even Milner who is not a defender is slightly better then him.
    I think he can't learn more at this age and what he can do is not nearly enough for big stage-he doesn'n close down on forwards (even with partner at his side)-he just sit and waits.
    He doesn't try to intercept the cross coming form other side -he just stays at the back of the attacking forward and observe ball going to the net-same at high ball crosses.
    He is literally non existent in a case of counter attack at the back- when he is not contributing in attack as much as needed why is he staying so far upfront .

I can't imagine how is possible to call Clyne "one of the best","solid" etc.
    Mate the guys played well over 100 games in 2 years. All at a very high level. Some people dont do that in a whole career!! I genuinely think people are harsh on Clyne as I believe less games and some cover (to allow rest and to offer some competition) would drive him even further forward in his career. He cant cross, but I dont see much else he cant or doesnt do guys. Id be devastated to lose him. Truly. Also I think we may notice his weaknesses less if we dont play him as much the games he will obviously have a lot of the ball, and put Arnold in for those games.

I think he was awesome when he first came in (esp to fans who have had Johnson Skrtel and others doing jobs at rb for years), he was electric for me, and still is. He himself has somewhat spoiled us imho, and wed struggle to match him. Also hes one of our 'old-heads' at the back. We have a young team, but younger defence! Rare for succesful team, so changing that doesnt bode well. We cant afford to lose him. I just wish he was a bit more nasty.

They are very similar as of end product=0
    Even though Johnson had a few good seasons in his career.As for Clyne he reached his pick at Saints and is in decline ever since.
    Even Milner who is not a defender is slightly better then him.
    I think he can't learn more at this age and what he can do is not nearly enough for big stage-he doesn'n close down on forwards (even with partner at his side)-he just sit and waits.
    He doesn't try to intercept the cross coming form other side -he just stays at the back of the attacking forward and observe ball going to the net-same at high ball crosses.
    He is literally non existent in a case of counter attack at the back- when he is not contributing in attack as much as needed why is he staying so far upfront .
    Do you guys really not feel in a better squad with a bit more pace injected in through the squad, that he would be a valuable player?

I mean the opposite of Glen Wilberto?? I think thats really harsh mate.

Quote Originally Posted by WeWant19 View Post
    Mate the guys played well over 100 games in 2 years. All at a very high level. Some people dont do that in a whole career!! I genuinely think people are harsh on Clyne as I believe less games and some cover (to allow rest and to offer some competition) would drive him even further forward in his career. He cant cross, but I dont see much else he cant or doesnt do guys. Id be devastated to lose him. Truly. Also I think we may notice his weaknesses less if we dont play him as much the games he will obviously have a lot of the ball, and put Arnold in for those games.

I think he was awesome when he first came in (esp to fans who have had Johnson Skrtel and others doing jobs at rb for years), he was electric for me, and still is. He himself has somewhat spoiled us imho, and wed struggle to match him. Also hes one of our 'old-heads' at the back. We have a young team, but younger defence! Rare for succesful team, so changing that doesnt bode well. We cant afford to lose him. I just wish he was a bit more nasty.
    Skrtel at RB? Huh?

Anyway, I can find lots of faults with him. Not aggressive enough, caught out of position a lot, awful going forward, nervous wreck in possession anywhere on the pitch...

Now, he's certainly not a major problem, and I wouldn't mind if he stayed but hopefully he plays a lot less next season and TAA gets a good run in the team.

Do you guys really not feel in a better squad with a bit more pace injected in through the squad, that he would be a valuable player?

I mean the opposite of Glen Wilberto?? I think thats really harsh mate.
    Why? One was lauded as 'great going forward' when he wasn't, just to justify his place in the team, and the other is lauded as 'solid defensively' to justify his place. Neither are very good.

He was dire even in his first games of the season.
    I am not saying we need to get rid-he is decent back up.. even though I am inclined to give TAA a chance as first team RB back up.

Skrtel at RB? Huh?

Anyway, I can find lots of faults with him. Not aggressive enough, caught out of position a lot, awful going forward, nervous wreck in possession anywhere on the pitch...

Now, he's certainly not a major problem, and I wouldn't mind if he stayed but hopefully he plays a lot less next season and TAA gets a good run in the team.
    Couldnt think of Arbeloa and the rest, but I know we've had everyone cover rb at some point! Stevie, Lucas, Skrtel, I think even Soto at one point! What I mean by this is, its nice to have Clyne, it really is. Mr Reliable for me, even if were only relying on him being 'decent'... Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    They have their names written in 3 brown envelopes

Why? One was lauded as 'great going forward' when he wasn't, just to justify his place in the team, and the other is lauded as 'solid defensively' to justify his place. Neither are very good.
    I never thought he was great tbh. He was just much better than his competition if we're honest. (In the squad, not the league). I know he had fans, I just disliked him as a player. The guy himself is an educated gent tbf.

That's right - we need any help in defense we can get (same for LB) and also going forward in unlocking parked busses.
    We generaly need next tier of quality at RB and LB if we are to go ahead.

He was dire even in his first games of the season.
    I am not saying we need to get rid-he is decent back up.. even though I am inclined to give TAA a chance as first team RB back up.
    I dont see why this is even a debate, Id be throwing him in without hesitation. You gotta give Klopp credit, hes bringing through several REAL talents expertly at once. The way hes handled Trent to now has done the lad so much good, I think most of us would accept him as 2nd choice atm?

That's right - we need any help in defense we can get (same for LB) and also going forward in unlocking parked busses.
    We generaly need next tier of quality at RB and LB if we are to go ahead.
    I agree, but Id rather have two LBs mate. Trent and Milly can cover rb (and mf), then have a real LB hopefully covered by Ryan S.

That also frees up Milly to cover everywhere. Id be comfy with that.

I dont see why this is even a debate, Id be throwing him in without hesitation. You gotta give Klopp credit, hes bringing through several REAL talents expertly at once. The way hes handled Trent to now has done the lad so much good, I think most of us would accept him as 2nd choice atm?
    I don't know, I've been pretty disappointed with how Klopp has used (or more to the point, hasn't used) the younger players. Maybe they just aren't good enough but a few short cameos here and there from Woodburn and TAA and not much else hasn't got me too excited just yet. I was expecting more, and with a number of players sure to come in this summer, I'm not sure we'll see much more of them next season either.

I am just saying I don't want Clyne as our fist choice RB-that's all
    And think TAA could benefit much more of chances he may get then Clyne
    TAA could only get beter and experienced - as for Clyne ...I'll say no more as he is our player

Rumours? I've not seen one rumour that Clyne will be sold. All reports have been that Klopp is happy with Clyne and Arnold as his right back options.

So is what you're trying to say "I don't like Clyne, he doesn't get enough assists. Should we sell him?"?

And my answer to that is no.

Clyne was the right back I wanted before we got him and he's still the right back I want.

So he burned a tad towards the end of the season. He's played a lot of football in the recent couple of seasons with little rotation. It's only natural.

On his day Clyne is a solid fullback and that's the role I feel Klopp has assigned him. Moreno and Milner were nominated the attacking fullback. Not clynes fault they haven't delivered.

The idea Clyne is incapable of attacking is a myth. People were bizarrely raving about Walker at the Euros. Clyne came in for one game and created more chances than Walker did all tournament in one game. Also I'd tell anyone who doubts clynes attacking ability to go back and watch some of his games at Palace.

The idea we should sell Clyne is ludicrous.