Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Borecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Please say you're here all week...........
    Well if my brand of sit down comedy is appreciated in here I might consider doing some turns. And it's not like there's lots going on in the football other than vicious circles in same old same old threads.

Got an event to run a week tomorrow so may be a bit busy preparing.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Will he keep it?
    He buried it under one of the trees at the bottom of the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Well if my brand of sit down comedy is appreciated in here I might consider doing some turns. And it's not like there's lots going on in the football other than vicious circles in same old same old threads.

He buried it under one of the trees at the bottom of the garden.
    Bless

Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    The last time I went to a food bazaar, I smelt exactly that when I came out..
    how bazaar..........

Did you remember to wipe your feet?
    Whilst many a housewife might fuss over such issues, it is most certainly not the worst thing you can forget to wipe..................

It might be interesting for those who know what Countdown is.

Down here, it's a chain of supermarkets.
    More interesting than Suzy's word of the day which is often not interesting. I want to know where some words come from, but it's almost become QI in its pretentiousness. I mean if I could find out for sure when and where the bannable word came from I could die happy, might start a "100 things to do before I die" list although I suppose "stop living" would be first on, last to action.

I've lost a lot of interest in it, doesn't help it is on at 2.10pm weekdays and repeated early morning, but also you get some on that learn words using certain constraints. It's like bidding conventions in Bridge, count the points of your picture cards and bid based on how many As or Ks or Qs you have, I'd rather stick with my gut instinct and enjoy it.

More interesting than Suzy's word of the day which is often not interesting. I want to know where some words come from, but it's almost become QI in its pretentiousness. I mean if I could find out for sure when and where the bannable word came from I could die happy, might start a "100 things to do before I die" list although I suppose "stop living" would be first on, last to action.

I've lost a lot of interest in it, doesn't help it is on at 2.10pm weekdays and repeated early morning, but also you get some on that learn words using certain constraints. It's like bidding conventions in Bridge, count the points of your picture cards and bid based on how many As or Ks or Qs you have, I'd rather stick with my gut instinct and enjoy it.
    I have no idea what you're on about. But would I be correct in inferring that it's some sort of audience-participation game thing on the telly?

-MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Mr kas has found a dead mouse in the garage.

What an exciting weekend he's had.
    Have you ever thought the mouse might have been attracted to yours by the shining new BBQ

Have you ever thought the mouse might have been attracted to yours by the shining new BBQ
    Could have shoved its tail in the back of the PC see if it is was a multi purpose

Yes,the 'Have we signed anyone"? hysteria seems to have started a little earlier than usual this year.

Hopefully you won't be too busy to grace us with your presence a time or two over the course of the week.

I have no idea what you're on about. But would I be correct in inferring that it's some sort of audience-participation game thing on the telly?
    yeah, first programme ever on C4 back in 1982 with Richard "twice nightly" Whitely and Carol "The Vord At The Board" Vorderman - although in them days she was lazy and they had other women put the letters up.

Contestants take it in turns to do choose letters for word rounds and numbers for numbers rounds, would have thought making up words would be right up your street.

http://happysoft.org.uk/countdown/conundrum.php

Click on "reveal" and guess what the word is (jumbled) and then click "solve" to see if you was right. Didn't have a good start, only two of the first seven I tried. Kind of thing some of the hardcore gamer types who go on probably spend hours practising, in fact I know the mum of someone who was Countdown champion not so many moons ago and indeed just won Only Connect as well.

Bless
    RIP O Squeaky One.

Mr kas has found a dead mouse in the garage.

What an exciting weekend he's had.
    And it's not even his birthday.
    The highlight of Mr Shiny's birthday weekend so far has been getting a few bargains in the co-op yesterday.

I think it's been hiding out in the garage for a while;it had managed to eat most Mr kas's work overalls.

Yes,the 'Have we signed anyone"? hysteria seems to have started a little earlier than usual this year.

Hopefully you won't be too busy to grace us with your presence a time or two over the course of the week.
    I'm sure no one will notice my absence from anywhere other than maybe the cricket thread, although if a few named earlier find this little cubby hole you might not see me for dust.

I think some on these forums taken themselves, life and discussion far too seriously, taking discussion almost into "debate to the death" levels

yeah, first programme ever on C4 back in 1982 with Richard "twice nightly" Whitely and Carol "The Vord At The Board" Vorderman - although in them days she was lazy and they had other women put the letters up.

Contestants take it in turns to do choose letters for word rounds and numbers for numbers rounds, would have thought making up words would be right up your street.

Click on "reveal" and guess what the word is (jumbled) and then click "solve" to see if you was right. Didn't have a good start, only two of the first seven I tried. Kind of thing some of the hardcore gamer types who go on probably spend hours practising, in fact I know the mum of someone who was Countdown champion not so many moons ago and indeed just won Only Connect as well.
    You move in famous circles knowing a countdown champion

What do you think of 8 out of 10 cats do Countdown?
    I used to like it, then got bored of it.

Whilst many a housewife might fuss over such issues, it is most certainly not the worst thing you can forget to wipe..................
    You won't be allowed in here looking like you've got a cabbage up each nostril.

I'm sure no one will notice my absence from anywhere other than maybe the cricket thread, although if a few named earlier find this little cubby hole you might not see me for dust.

I think some on these forums taken themselves, life and discussion far too seriously, taking discussion almost into "debate to the death" levels
    A couple of the posters you mentioned (or at least one) are pretty much taking over the general election thread.

We don't take ourselves seriously in here at all. There's been times when we've had real s*** going on in our lives and still managed to talk nonsense in here.

I do wonder how some of them would behave if they were having these 'discussions' face to face.

I enjoy the etymology of words, and development of language generally. Consequently I fume and seethe at the mis-use of language and grammar.
    I romp through word puzzles most of the time, but I get a strange 'block' with crosswords, of all things… mind just goes blank sometimes, with those.

I do wonder how some of them would behave if they were having these 'discussions' face to face.
    The anonymity of the forums lends an unnatural boldness. I do find the more vituperative arguments unpleasant. Personal abuse is given with the least provocation sometimes. I try to limit myself to 'you silly goose.'

The anonymity of the forums lends an unnatural boldness. I do find the more vituperative arguments unpleasant. Personal abuse is given with the least provocation sometimes. I try to limit myself to 'you silly goose.'
    I don't think it would be too long before a 'Pool cues at dawn" challenge was issued were they to speak to one another like that in the pub...

Excellent word, vituperative.

I use the term silly goose at work. Kids love it

Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    You move in famous circles knowing a countdown champion
    Don't know him, well I know who he is, but I only know his mum.

What do you think of 8 out of 10 cats do Countdown?
    I used to like it, then got bored of it.
    Nice idea, bit too silly for my liking and Jimmy Carr is only tolerable in small doses! Depends who is on, how silly it gets, and such. Some of them are funny, some just play the clown all the time, they need to get some of the same types on but who can at least get a 5 or 6 letter word and the odd numbers rather than trot out the same unfunny "playing the idiot" act of simple 3 or 4 letter words and have people laughing at what is not really that funny.

Some shows do get a bit full of themselves, not least QI which is pretentious, and 15 to 1 which is how it shot down rapidly in rating out of 15, and now the two presenters on Pointless are much the same. Some of it is at best amusing, most is tediously not funny and drawn out. I think QOS went downhill with Sue Barker, became to "They Think It's All Over" and whilst I'm all for a bit of humour, silly is really for 5-7 year olds.

I had a go… got the first few okay, then stumped by Atheistic

I think they'd probably take them lying down, having swung their handbags at each other in frustration. I'd say punched lights out, that's what they'd like to think, but I suspect they're only aggressive online with many thousands of miles of cyberspace between them and the other girly.

And the way some whinge about getting told off, "but sir, he called me a name and he didn't get told off" - wah, wah, wah. I think some of them actually believe they're doing no wrong insulting people, coach is a prime example although I haven't seen so many of his classics recently (not that I read many of his posts now or indeed then)

I got annoyed a bit at an anagram someone threw "the book" at me for, if I was implying what the anagram spelled out most who know me will know I put a ....... on the end indicating there is a conclusion to be drawn...................... (this conclusion being I was innocent ) But it was a bit na´ve of me to post it, not that you stop and give everything you type a great degree of consideration. It's what annoys me about work, I get pulled up occasionally for an e-mail I sent and think to myself "well did you consider it long and hard before you pulled me up on it" (in terms of the impact on your subordinate, whether it is a first time offence, worthy of criticism etc)

Wouldn't want to be a manager, not in charge of people anyway, and know plenty who aren't really good at managing people.

Don't know him, well I know who he is, but I only know his mum.

Nice idea, bit too silly for my liking and Jimmy Carr is only tolerable in small doses! Depends who is on, how silly it gets, and such. Some of them are funny, some just play the clown all the time, they need to get some of the same types on but who can at least get a 5 or 6 letter word and the odd numbers rather than trot out the same unfunny "playing the idiot" act of simple 3 or 4 letter words and have people laughing at what is not really that funny.

Some shows do get a bit full of themselves, not least QI which is pretentious, and 15 to 1 which is how it shot down rapidly in rating out of 15, and now the two presenters on Pointless are much the same. Some of it is at best amusing, most is tediously not funny and drawn out. I think QOS went downhill with Sue Barker, became to "They Think It's All Over" and whilst I'm all for a bit of humour, silly is really for 5-7 year olds.
    I don't care for 8 out of 10 cats at all. Gets too vulgar, too often. I quite like 'Would I lie to you?' when it gets going properly.

Right, off for a walk to the beach while the sun's shining.

Excellent word, vituperative.

I use the term silly goose at work. Kids love it