Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 2,791 to 2,810 of 2810

Thread: The Sammy Lee "two medals in his pocket" Twitter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    maybe the question should be why do people think that.
    That was my question?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    That was my question?
    ws it, sorry still need me coffee. i would hazard a guess its lazy math whereas its more likely due to ffp rules which affect all owners. as far as the club is concerned im sure there are facilities available if a splurge is needed.

worth remembering Utd paid 30 million for Ferdinand in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    ws it, sorry still need me coffee. i would hazard a guess its lazy math whereas its more likely due to ffp rules which affect all owners. as far as the club is concerned im sure there are facilities available if a splurge is needed.
    Well I'm sure the owner's could provide funds for a splurge if they wanted, it's just they have never shown any indication that this was in their MO. Infact I'm pretty sure they said on record the club can spend what it makes, and thats not a number that will buy you multiple 60m players in 1 window, or across 5 windows for that matter.

I honestly think we have 200mill or over to spend and I also believe not spending in the last 2 or 3 January windows on top of making around 10mill profit last summer along with only spending 20mill after sales in 2015 aswell you include or commercial deals and the premier league tv money in that time add in profits of the new main stand this season along with champions league football that adds up to alot of money lads.

We are prepared to bid 100mill for an 18Yr old if he gave an indication he wants to sign for us that from all over the reliable sources your Pearce Simon Jones Paul Joyce etc

Aswell as Keita VVD Salah a left full there is huge money there to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by up-and-up View Post
    worth remembering Utd paid 30 million for Ferdinand in 2002
    ffs thats a long time ago, makes ya feel old.. think the biggest stumbling block was city last summer and 50m for stones is why its gone mental in that respect. now everyone thinks a defender is worth that sort of money..

Well I'm sure the owner's could provide funds for a splurge if they wanted, it's just they have never shown any indication that this was in their MO. Infact I'm pretty sure they said on record the club can spend what it makes, and thats not a number that will buy you multiple 60m players in 1 window, or across 5 windows for that matter.
    thing is we only know the finances in hindsight as the accounts are a year behind and have no idea whats going on in the current climate. if the club think they can do it then im all for it as long is it doesn't put the club at risk and under these owners i very much doubt that is the case.. either way we will move some players on and if we get decent prices then it will soften whatever is paid out.. tbh im more intrigued on the wage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    I honestly think we have 200mill or over to spend and I also believe not spending in the last 2 or 3 January windows on top of making around 10mill profit last summer along with only spending 20mill after sales in 2015 aswell you include or commercial deals and the premier league tv money in that time add in profits of the new main stand this season along with champions league football that adds up to alot of money lads.

We are prepared to bid 100mill for an 18Yr old if he gave an indication he wants to sign for us that from all over the reliable sources your Pearce Simon Jones Paul Joyce etc

Aswell as Keita VVD Salah a left full there is huge money there to spend.
    Lets see if any of these rumours come to fruition, it's a heart warming theory you have but it doesn't sound like our owners. Rumours about spending a world record fee on an 18yr old who was never going to come anyway is a way of bigging up the club and appeasing fans. The acid test is if they are willing to spend the fees needed for Keita and VVD, players who will come here if the money is right. I'd be amazed and delighted if we are.

Saved up? The club makes a loss or is break even at best every year, we don't have a piggy bank where we put the unspent transfer money.
    It was a play on words, a light hearted tongue in cheek way of answering your question, which really shouldn't need asking if you could work things out for yourself.

Thanks for appreciating the effort smart arse.

robbieflowerpot is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    OX rumours gathering pace he would be a excellent signing imo always scores his fair share of goals lots of pace aswell but he must play in midfield when selected not on the wing he has been fantastic in midfield for Aresnal.

Only slight concern is his injury record
    And his goal scoring record and his giving the ball away. On the plus side, Little Mix.

Lets see if any of these rumours come to fruition, it's a heart warming theory you have but it doesn't sound like our owners. Rumours about spending a world record fee on an 18yr old who was never going to come anyway is a way of bigging up the club and appeasing fans. The acid test is if they are willing to spend the fees needed for Keita and VVD, players who will come here if the money is right. I'd be amazed and delighted if we are.
    I agree they're tight and can't see them splashing out a third of what they paid for the club on one teenager. I also agree they've only bought big after selling big.

But, we haven't spent any money for a good few years and there's more money as a result of the 5 billion TV deal.

Where does it all go if not in a piggy bank?

Quote Originally Posted by up-and-up View Post
    I agree they're tight and can't see them splashing out a third of what they paid for the club on one teenager. I also agree they've only bought big after selling big.

But, we haven't spent any money for a good few years and there's more money as a result of the 5 billion TV deal.

Where does it all go if not in a piggy bank?
    The club isn't making any significant profit even though we spend small, it seems all the money is eaten up in wages and expenses.
    The new tv money may give us more and the expected Champions League money, should we qualify, could be gambled on i suppose.
    It just doesn't sound like our owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    It was a play on words, a light hearted tongue in cheek way of answering your question, which really shouldn't need asking if you could work things out for yourself.

Thanks for appreciating the effort smart arse.
    Sorry mate, I didn't mean to offend you.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to offend you.
    Was fairly obvious what I was saying.

The club isn't making any significant profit even though we spend small, it seems all the money is eaten up in wages and expenses.
    The new tv money may give us more and the expected Champions League money, should we qualify, could be gambled on i suppose.
    It just doesn't sound like our owners.

All guesswork as you don't know the current state of the accounts. But common sense says that increased tv revenue + low net spend/zero spend for the last two windows means funds are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    All guesswork as you don't know the current state of the accounts. But common sense says that increased tv revenue + low net spend/zero spend for the last two windows means funds are available.
    Something seriously wrong if not.

There was likely a drought on who we could sign last time with no CL. Klopp only wanting a certain class of player may have told the owners they could "save" whatever was available until the next window. This could explain why we made a profit last summer, and spent nothing in January even though the squad was thin.

This summer we're making up for it. CL on offer and a swollen piggy bank.

=> Record transfer fees which baffle supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Something seriously wrong if not.

There was likely a drought on who we could sign last time with no CL. Klopp only wanting a certain class of player may have told the owners they could "save" whatever was available until the next window. This could explain why we made a profit last summer, and spent nothing in January even though the squad was thin.

This summer we're making up for it. CL on offer and a swollen piggy bank.

=> Record transfer fees which baffle supporters.
    I'm open to being baffled, bring it on!

Unpopular opinion: We only need to sign VVD now.

We should only sell Markovic, Sakho, Moreno and Stewart.

I could be persuaded on a young left back.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    And his goal scoring record and his giving the ball away. On the plus side, Little Mix.
    We don't really need him, once Van Dijk signs and once we get a left back then Keita ok fine but really I don't think he fits the bill unless it's to bolster the squad which is a lot of money

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    We don't really need him, once Van Dijk signs and once we get a left back then Keita ok fine but really I don't think he fits the bill unless it's to bolster the squad which is a lot of money
    Me neither!
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!