Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Aubameyang wants LFC move

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    maybe he has other preferences. thats the only thing i can think of
    I think he's apparently at war with his club and some German media, lot of noise going on, all a bit weird that situation.

Think its like the third time he's been suspended by the club so perhaps Klopp isn't up for him coming here under a cloud
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I think he's apparently at war with his club and some German media, lot of noise going on, all a bit weird that situation.

Think its like the third time he's been suspended by the club so perhaps Klopp isn't up for him coming here under a cloud
    yeah barge pole and staying clear come to mind.

mcdiggerman is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post
    How are Arsenal managing to attract these players?

When we when couldn't get a sniff of them.
    For some reason nobody else seems interested

Not just us, but you'd think a lot of clubs would be on high alert

I'd still like us to go in for him....annoyingly he would boost Arsenal when they are almost dead in the water when it comes to this year

Gazza74 is online now LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post
    How are Arsenal managing to attract these players?

When we when couldn't get a sniff of them.
    Attract who? Not signed anyone yet.

And we are attracting/signing them too, we probably just don't want Aubameyang, i think we'd have more than a sniff if we went up against Arsenal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdiggerman View Post

I'd still like us to go in for him....annoyingly he would boost Arsenal when they are almost dead in the water when it comes to this year
    Its the London effect.
    as for him boosting Arsenal I dont think so. lacazette hasnt has he.
    Wenger has a style of playing now which completely ignores anything resembling robust defence. They have next to no Mf and a defence which is a shambles. without Cech theyd be mid table.

Gazza74 is online now LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdiggerman View Post

I don't see him boosting them to the point of making much difference, their huge problems are still there at the club and in their team, plus they will lose Sanchez, so it keeps things as they are but would swap Alexis for Aubameyang.

It's the usual madness because Wenger is yet again strengthening an area he is ok in, but ignoring parts of the team that have been an issue for decade.

They would replace Sanchez with Aubameyang but would still be no better than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    yeah barge pole and staying clear come to mind.
    Something clearly ain't right

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Its the London effect.
    as for him boosting Arsenal I dont think so. lacazette hasnt has he.
    Wenger has a style of playing now which completely ignores anything resembling robust defence. They have next to no Mf and a defence which is a shambles. without Cech theyd be mid table.
    I'm not sure he's keen at all on Arsenal

But they are the only interested club at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    I don't see him boosting them to the point of making much difference, their huge problems are still there at the club and in their team, plus they will lose Sanchez, so it keeps things as they are but would swap Alexis for Aubameyang.

It's the usual madness because Wenger is yet again strengthening an area he is ok in, but ignoring parts of the team that have been an issue for decade.

They would replace Sanchez with Aubameyang but would still be no better than they are now.
    Sure

But losing Sanchez and replacing with nobody / far inferior player makes them much weaker

Auba for Arsenal is a signing to appease a fan base who are as low as it gets right now

Auba does not replace Sanchez but Arsenal fans getting sucked up in the hype

Sanchez is a wide midfielder who creates, scores and works hard (when interested) Auba is a striker who plays off the shoulder

makes no sense whatsoever unless Auba is being brought in as they intend to give up on Lacazette

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    Auba for Arsenal is a signing to appease a fan base who are as low as it gets right now

Auba does not replace Sanchez but Arsenal fans getting sucked up in the hype

Sanchez is a wide midfielder who creates, scores and works hard (when interested) Auba is a striker who plays off the shoulder

makes no sense whatsoever unless Auba is being brought in as they intend to give up on Lacazette
    He is not a like for like replacement that's true. To me he is a replacement for Giroud and in that case he is a huge upgrade.
    Mkhitaryan would be more the replacement for Sanchez, if they get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    He is not a like for like replacement that's true. To me he is a replacement for Giroud and in that case he is a huge upgrade.
    Mkhitaryan would be more the replacement for Sanchez, if they get him.
    no doubting Auba is a great player, also Mkhitaryan

issues i have (well its not an issue as its not my club)

on paper Auba, lacazette, Mkhitaryan looks a great front 3, then Ozil in behind

that's where it ends - its great on paper - the club don't have desire to press, they don't have the desire to win and certainly have no desire in midfield to protect

it doesn't solve anything for Arsenal - the mentality to win at all costs is not in there DNA

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    I'd like him, I rate him very highly, but his 60m price doesn't seem astronomical, he's clearly for sale and has been for a while so something tells me Klopp isn't overly fussed.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I'd like him, I rate him very highly, but his 60m price doesn't seem astronomical, he's clearly for sale and has been for a while so something tells me Klopp isn't overly fussed.
    you have to ask why a player of that calibre is a) for sale and b) for sale at a low level price given the market today.
    dont look back in anger.

that's where it ends - its great on paper - the club don't have desire to press, they don't have the desire to win and certainly have no desire in midfield to protect

it doesn't solve anything for Arsenal - the mentality to win at all costs is not in there DNA
    Arsenal has not had a willing mentality for about 10 years, being generous, we are not talking about them winning the league but to get into the top 4 and go on a good run in the EL and they would certainly be better equiped with those two.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    From the sounds of things the way he's been acting at Dortmund recently would rule out any move from Klopp for him immediately. Also doesn't sound like Arsenal are as close to signing him as has been made out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Arsenal has not had a willing mentality for about 10 years, being generous, we are not talking about them winning the league but to get into the top 4 and go on a good run in the EL and they would certainly be better equiped with those two.
    The problem at Arsenal is Wenger. It’s just too far gone now. These signings might help in the short term, but the problems will still be there, as long as he’s at the club. The club is totally toxic now.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    From the sounds of things the way he's been acting at Dortmund recently would rule out any move from Klopp for him immediately. Also doesn't sound like Arsenal are as close to signing him as has been made out.
    Yup, certainly seems that way

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I feel the same - great player I don't want going to a rival

But clearly Klopp is not keen - he's managed him before and still will have links to Dortmund so must know something

Ozil will go this summer as well

Great player but doesn't look arsed most of the time