Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2163

Thread: Donald Trump POTUS...still...?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Canít be a surprise at this stage. They have no morals or principles. Shown it time and time again.
    Yeah it's just the Republicans. Lol.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Gerrymandering. Voter registration restrictions. The tools needed by any scared, fragile minority, to retain power in a democracy.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    If they didn't care about Trump bragging about sexual assault, Roy Moore won't bother them either.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    If they didn't care about Trump bragging about sexual assault, Roy Moore won't bother them either.
    Well it looks like five companies have announced they want to be associated with Sean Hannity due to how he covered the allegations including the claim that he molested a 14 yo when Moore was in his 30s.

Hannity appeared to suggest that the above crime was consensual. Even IF that was true based on the current law for Alabama (I am guessing that is where the offence occurred. The age of consent is 16 although they have a "Romeo & Juliet" law where if the act is consensual even though one or both participants are under 16. Then the age of consent law does not come into play or it is a valid defence against statutory rape.

Both participants must be within two years of each other and the youngest must be at least 12. Does not apply to Moore

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...am=top-stories

You don't have to read the whole thing, but one quote you may find of interest is "This is a Republican town, man. Moore could have killed Obama, and we wouldn't care."

Now, what can you tell me about the morals and the principles of your average Alabama Republican?

I'm sure you can find ****-head democrats if you look hard enough, but how many have been quoted in the news saying they would stand by their political candidates in the wake of sexual abuse allegations and even murder? And why are they standing by these people who certainly don't deserve anyone's loyalty? It has nothing to do with economics or political ideology. There is nothing to it but hatred of the imaginary "radical left" and the so called "establishment", which these same people voted for perpetually for years until the people they kept electing fell short of being racist and "christian" enough; until they joined the war on Christmas by saying "happy holidays".

Look at a man like Robert Mueller. The greatest living example of what an American Public servant ought to be. A decorated Marine. A distinguished prosecutor. A man whose term at the FBI was extended with a 100:0 vote in the Senate because no better person in America existed to take the job. And a Republican too. The Republican base would at the moment lynch him if given the chance because he is investigating Donald Trump. Trump! A man born into wealth and privilege, who never so much as volunteered a minute of his time to helping another human being, a draft dodger, a pathological liar, and a hedonist of the highest order is the Republican knight in shining armor and Robert Mueller is a traitor.

You don't have to read the whole thing, but one quote you may find of interest is "This is a Republican town, man. Moore could have killed Obama, and we wouldn't care."

Now, what can you tell me about the morals and the principles of your average Alabama Republican?

I'm sure you can find ****-head democrats if you look hard enough, but how many have been quoted in the news saying they would stand by their political candidates in the wake of sexual abuse allegations and even murder? And why are they standing by these people who certainly don't deserve anyone's loyalty? It has nothing to do with economics or political ideology. There is nothing to it but hatred of the imaginary "radical left" and the so called "establishment", which these same people voted for perpetually for years until the people they kept electing fell short of being racist and "christian" enough; until they joined the war on Christmas by saying "happy holidays".

Look at a man like Robert Mueller. The greatest living example of what an American Public servant ought to be. A decorated Marine. A distinguished prosecutor. A man whose term at the FBI was extended with a 100:0 vote in the Senate because no better person in America existed to take the job. And a Republican too. The Republican base would at the moment lynch him if given the chance because he is investigating Donald Trump. Trump! A man born into wealth and privilege, who never so much as volunteered a minute of his time to helping another human being, a draft dodger, a pathological liar, and a hedonist of the highest order is the Republican knight in shining armor and Robert Mueller is a traitor.
    I don’t give a **** about you complaining about southern politicians, but are you sure people imagine things?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKCl9NL1Cg

Someone at school the other day said someone should snipe Trump. She is all for gun control though. I couldn't help but laugh at the stupidity. It's easy to pick a snippet that means nothing in representing the majority of party, unless you are suggesting that those voters represent the Republican Party perfectly.

I don't disagree about Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    I donít give a **** about you complaining about southern politicians, but are you sure people imagine things?

They like to push that stuff under the tug.. It's the "imaginary radical left" that wants to squash free speech, but instead they pretend like they are heroes fighting for freedom and democracy. Trampling it more like.
    Last edited by Megali-Idea; 13-11-17 at 07:08.

Someone at school the other day said someone should snipe Trump. She is all for gun control though. I couldn't help but laugh at the stupidity. It's easy to pick a snippet that means nothing in representing the majority of party, unless you are suggesting that those voters represent the Republican Party perfectly.

They like to push that stuff under the tug.. It's the "imaginary radical left" that wants to squash free speech, but instead they pretend like they are heroes fighting for freedom and democracy. Trampling it more like.
    You do know that is fake news just look at the top corner of this video with the lawyer of the alleged individual.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9J9gxKHgfpM

In all seriousness it appears that 4chan has identified the individual through videos. This has been passed to the police who raided a house.

It is reported that they have found antifa parafernalia along with clothing of the type worn by the individual and u-shaped bike locks of the design used to hit the victim and six other victims.

He is due to stand trial next month with a potential sentence of up to 46 years due to 4 counts of aggravated assault and a misdemeanor.

I donít give a **** about you complaining about southern politicians, but are you sure people imagine things?

What people are imagining is that the radical left has any sort of influence in this country and that because of this imagined influence they need to rally behind dirt bags like Roy Moore and Steve Bannon.

I do not dispute the existence of antifa or any other extremist group, but I am not sure it's a good idea to get into a *********** contest over which types of extremists are most prevalent and dangerous in America. Here's a hint - it's not the leftist ones.

If the example I cited of the Alabama Republican represents the minority of the party, then the majority must be the most silent majority the world has ever seen.

A Republican got elected recently after physically assaulting a news reporter. Another is more or less certain to win despite corroborated reports that he carried on inappropriate relations with a child and despite his career of disregard for the constitution and the rule of law.

After months of trying to run more traditional campaigns and lagging in the polls, the Republican gubernatorial candidates in Virginia and New Jersey resorted to racist and fear mongering campaign ads to bridge the gap.

In a New Jersey board of education election, Asian and Indian candidates were targets of Republican campaign ads calling for them to be deported. Both were born in America. In another New Jersey election, a Sikh candidate running as a Democrat was called a terrorist by his Republican opponent because he's brown, has a beard, and wears a turban.

So where is this majority that is supposedly decent, not racist, and reasonable?

Trump is lording it with every enemy of the USA. How is this president not being indicted for treason?

What people are imagining is that the radical left has any sort of influence in this country and that because of this imagined influence they need to rally behind dirt bags like Roy Moore and Steve Bannon.

I do not dispute the existence of antifa or any other extremist group, but I am not sure it's a good idea to get into a *********** contest over which types of extremists are most prevalent and dangerous in America. Here's a hint - it's not the leftist ones.

If the example I cited of the Alabama Republican represents the minority of the party, then the majority must be the most silent majority the world has ever seen.

A Republican got elected recently after physically assaulting a news reporter. Another is more or less certain to win despite corroborated reports that he carried on inappropriate relations with a child and despite his career of disregard for the constitution and the rule of law.

After months of trying to run more traditional campaigns and lagging in the polls, the Republican gubernatorial candidates in Virginia and New Jersey resorted to racist and fear mongering campaign ads to bridge the gap.

In a New Jersey board of education election, Asian and Indian candidates were targets of Republican campaign ads calling for them to be deported. Both were born in America. In another New Jersey election, a Sikh candidate running as a Democrat was called a terrorist by his Republican opponent because he's brown, has a beard, and wears a turban.

So where is this majority that is supposedly decent, not racist, and reasonable?
    Just to be clear I’m not rallying behind Bannon or Morre as I don’t give a **** about either of them... I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t imagining things.... Only contesting that short phrase that I highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Trump is lording it with every enemy of the USA. How is this president not being indicted for treason?
    Because.....make America great again!....woo hoo....yay!....coal......USA USA USA!

Just to be clear I’m not rallying behind Bannon or Morre as I don’t give a **** about either of them... I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t imagining things.... Only contesting that short phrase that I highlighted
    No, you're not imagining that an antifa idiot hurt a person. What you may be imagining is that antifa has any kind of influence in American politics. On the other hand, right-wing white nationalists have a whole lot of influence as they just elected a highly sympathetic president, who has since been filling Federal Courts with sympathetic judges. That is influence. Knocking some poor ******* on the head is not influence.
    Last edited by Vortigen; 13-11-17 at 20:57.

Possibly, because he has done nothing treasonous. It's just pathetic the straws some will grasp at.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    So at this point, it's not even under consideration that the Trump campaign colluded with foreign agents to help win the election, it's now 'how much colluding.'

The Pew Research Center recently published an excellent study on political polarization and divide in America. Well worth a read:
    http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/...ws-even-wider/

We now live in an age where this division can only get deeper because never have those with the most extreme and harmful views had an easier time bringing their message to masses of gullible people.

The middle is fast collapsing and with it any chance of avoiding catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    So at this point, it's not even under consideration that the Trump campaign colluded with foreign agents to help win the election, it's now 'how much colluding.'
    Nah, it's a nothing burger with nothing sauce on it. Nothing nothing nothing etc...

Nah, it's a nothing burger with nothing sauce on it. Nothing nothing nothing etc...
    Given current evidence, showing collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, how is it a Northing Burger? Its definitely a something burger though I doubt it will turn out to be the full enchilada.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Given current evidence, showing collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, how is it a Northing Burger? Its definitely a something burger though I doubt it will turn out to be the full enchilada.
    I was mocking the denialists, and there are many on both sides of the political spectrum. For every right winger who dismisses the Russia/Trump connections, there are Bernie or Busters who dismiss it too in favour of blaming Hillary for not being 100% in sync with what they wanted and the pace they wanted it done. Fundamentally I just don't think it matters. You could have footage of Trump and Putin agreeing to collude while resting their feet on the backs of Russian hookers and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to the right wing base. Look at their attitude to Roy Moore. Some openly say that even if he was guilty, they'd still support him, and perhaps even more enthusiastically than they did before. Even the talk of impeachment is a dead end. There would be no appetite for that among Congressional Republicans who are scared of the base. If Trump was removed, the base would become even more conspiratorial and extreme. The recent Democratic election wins show the way forward. To get engaged and involved all the way down the ballots, to the local level. Impeachment would only replace an embarrassing clown with a more politically savvy theocrat.
    Last edited by White Star Line; 14-11-17 at 18:07.

Possibly, because he has done nothing treasonous. It's just pathetic the straws some will grasp at.
    Really. Straws. Let me run by you how the Republican right would be up in arms had a Democratic President been colluding with a Russian president against his own people, congratulating China's leader for illegally dumping steel and cosying up to the dispicable Phillipines leader.

I was mocking the denialists, and there are many on sides of the political spectrum. For every right winger who dismisses the Russia/Trump connections, there are Bernie or Busters who dismiss it too in favour of blaming Hillary for not being 100% in sync with what they wanted and the pace they wanted it done. Fundamentally I just don't think it matters. You could have footage of Trump and Putin agreeing to collude while resting their feet on the backs of Russian hookers and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to the right wing base. Look at their attitude to Roy Moore. Some openly say that even if he was guilty, they'd still support him, and perhaps even more enthusiastically than they did before. Even the talk of impeachment is a dead end. There would be no appetite for that among Congressional Republicans who are scared of the base. If Trump was removed, the base would become even more conspiratorial and extreme. The recent Democratic election wins show the way forward. To get engaged and involved all the way down the ballots, to the local level. Impeachment would only replace an embarrassing clown with a more politically savvy theocrat.
    Sorry, got you.

I completely mis-understood, my bad.

Really. Straws. Let me run by you how the Republican right would be up in arms had a Democratic President been colluding with a Russian president against his own people, congratulating China's leader for illegally dumping steel and cosying up to the dispicable Phillipines leader.
    The Republican right are so ticked off that their president is under investigation that they are about to launch their own investigation into his 2016 election opponent, who holds no public office currently, just to give the media something else to talk about. The only thing possibly keeping them back is the potential consequence of not discovering any crimes and thus finding themselves in an ironic situation of being the ones who officially exonerated Hillary Clinton.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Sessions getting taken to task here.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Sessions getting taken to task here.
    haha how many times does he have to testify before he tells the truth?

I think you are confused on the meaning of Treason.

The Pew Research Center recently published an excellent study on political polarization and divide in America. Well worth a read:
    http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/...ws-even-wider/

We now live in an age where this division can only get deeper because never have those with the most extreme and harmful views had an easier time bringing their message to masses of gullible people.

The middle is fast collapsing and with it any chance of avoiding catastrophe.
    True.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Senate adding in repeal of Individual Mandate into the Tax Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Senate adding in repeal of Individual Mandate into the Tax Bill.
    Death by a thousand cuts for the ACA.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Death by a thousand cuts for the ACA.
    I wonder if this will jeopardize the tax bill though. Will they get the votes?

I see on Twitter he tweeted condolences regarding the wrong mass shooting prompting accusations he's just copy and pasted the tweet from over a week ago.

Actually, Its still up (5 hours ago it was tweeted and hes tweeted since).