Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang open to 61m Liverpool transfer move?

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    City. No messing about, straight in there with a bid.
    Us meanwhile, twidling our fingers, wondering if we should if we shouldnt. Reaching into our pockets pulling out our budget and wondering if its enough to play with the big boys.

*********** Joke if the rumours of us being interested are true.
    Absolutely agree, and it tells the player something that the club are not f........ing around they mean it.

We on the other hand act like we really don't have the means are playing low ball.

Pep isn't playing games he wants the league and the CL and is going out to get the players he thinks can do it. We are worrying about if we'll keep 4th place and actually if we can win the next qual round of the CL. It's a joke but a sad one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Absolutely agree, and it tells the player something that the club are not f........ing around they mean it.

We on the other hand act like we really don't have the means are playing low ball.

Pep isn't playing games he wants the league and the CL and is going out to get the players he thinks can do it. We are worrying about if we'll keep 4th place and actually if we can win the next qual round of the CL. It's a joke but a sad one.
    Easy for Pep to do when money is no problem. Not making excuses for bad transfer negotiations but you cant really compare the two things when one team has unbelievable wealth backing them

We can't always believe all these reports but one has to take some of it seriously until proved otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseScouser View Post
    Easy for Pep to do when money is no problem. Not making excuses for bad transfer negotiations but you cant really compare the two things when one team has unbelievable wealth backing them
    This is very true, but then Pep is also bound by FFP, not that arrangements can't be made to get around it.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    City. No messing about, straight in there with a bid.
    Us meanwhile, twidling our fingers, wondering if we should if we shouldnt. Reaching into our pockets pulling out our budget and wondering if its enough to play with the big boys.

*********** Joke if the rumours of us being interested are true.
    your slagging off he club without actually knowing if we are even interested

Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    your slagging off he club without actually knowing if we are even interested

Nice one

Which is why I said its a joke "IF the rumours of us being interested our true"

NewportRed1975 is offline Armchair supporter
    Sadly I don't think this will happen, but that's mainly because I don't have much confidence in the club to conclude transfers. It always seems to take an age even when we do manage to get it over the line. I don't know what the problem is at the club, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency - there's no "get it done" attitude.
    If the money is there and we show that we really want him I don't actually see an issue with going for players like Aubameyang. Klopp is his old boss and a man he credits largely for getting him to where he is now. He has respect for him. Liverpool is an attractive project too, for any player who wants to feel like they earned their silverware and the club didn't just buy it. Champions League football should be on the table -
    and it would be guaranteed with a striker like him up front.
    Aubameyang knows first hand how good Liverpool can be. He also knows about the power of Anfield's crowd. Every player knows there's something special about LFC.
    So why not?
    Because we dither over transfers and all-too-often miss out as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by NewportRed1975 View Post
    Sadly I don't think this will happen, but that's mainly because I don't have much confidence in the club to conclude transfers. It always seems to take an age even when we do manage to get it over the line. I don't know what the problem is at the club, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency - there's no "get it done" attitude.
    If the money is there and we show that we really want him I don't actually see an issue with going for players like Aubameyang. Klopp is his old boss and a man he credits largely for getting him to where he is now. He has respect for him. Liverpool is an attractive project too, for any player who wants to feel like they earned their silverware and the club didn't just buy it. Champions League football should be on the table -
    Aubameyang knows first hand how good Liverpool can be. He also knows about the power of Anfield's crowd. Every player knows there's something special about LFC.
    So why not?
    I personally believe this summer will end with most of us unifying in deep concern over FSG and how they work in the transfer market ...

Klopp mentioned at the end of the season that most of the 'work' had been done ... and phone calls were easy to make ... yet we're just a few weeks away from all the friendlies and long trips starting with very little done.

Salah is taking an age to get completed, and as as useful as he will be, he isn't even a priority.

They are **** at spending ... and it's going to ruin any chances we have at truly growing and challenging for trophies.

We'll sign him after we sign Van Dijk!!!!

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    We will say, oh we wanted him, but City got in first...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Apart from Salah we'll sign most of the good guys after we get Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by newportred1975 View Post
    sadly i don't think this will happen, but that's mainly because i don't have much confidence in the club to conclude transfers. It always seems to take an age even when we do manage to get it over the line. I don't know what the problem is at the club, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency - there's no "get it done" attitude.
    If the money is there and we show that we really want him i don't actually see an issue with going for players like aubameyang. Klopp is his old boss and a man he credits largely for getting him to where he is now. He has respect for him. Liverpool is an attractive project too, for any player who wants to feel like they earned their silverware and the club didn't just buy it. Champions league football should be on the table -
    Aubameyang knows first hand how good liverpool can be. He also knows about the power of anfield's crowd. Every player knows there's something special about lfc.
    So why not?
    last three lines tells the story.

Well that little dream didn't last long did it

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Well that little dream didn't last long did it
    Just over 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Just over 24 hours?
    At least now it can be put to bed and filed under 'was never going to happen'

At least now it can be put to bed and filed under 'was never going to happen'
    Nothing to see here...

Nothing to see here...
    Had previously thought Danny was a dead cert to leave this summer, but now i'm not so sure

Not because of this link specifically mind..

Had previously thought Danny was a dead cert to leave this summer, but now i'm not so sure

Not because of this link specifically mind..
    Risks we are prepared to take then? Maybe with Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Solanke, there is no room for Auba!

Gutted, I really thought he was ours after that vague line that guy wrote once about our interest, I bet my mortgage on it too.

Curses on this club, a great many curses

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    I personally believe this summer will end with most of us unifying in deep concern over FSG and how they work in the transfer market ...

Klopp mentioned at the end of the season that most of the 'work' had been done ... and phone calls were easy to make ... yet we're just a few weeks away from all the friendlies and long trips starting with very little done.

Salah is taking an age to get completed, and as as useful as he will be, he isn't even a priority.

They are **** at spending ... and it's going to ruin any chances we have at truly growing and challenging for trophies.
    This is true. But hey look on the positive side. Should it turn out to be true isn't this what we need, getting the majority onto the same page and recognising what FSG are all about, and that Klopp says what he has to say.

we've got Salah the Saviour coming to town, so everything is great. This window and the season to year end is going to be a real defining time for us as a team and club.

Risks we are prepared to take then? Maybe with Firmino, Sturridge, Ings and Solanke, there is no room for Auba!
    But hang on Mac aren't we supposedly making a serious challenge this season and the owners supporting that with a strong statement of intent financially.

I mean you pay Sturridge 150 a week but don't know how many games he'll be fit to play in. Ings is not good enough, Solanke? and Origi also not good enough, so if they are at Anfield Auba isn't good enough either. We have three and a half players who may be good enough, Cout, Mane, and Matip, with Firmino when he shows up. This is why the really good players can't get in here. You can do better if you are young with supposedly a bright future and you come either cheap or way over priced, and can run up and down all day. Forgot to even mention we have Henderson and Lucas, so there's no room for anyone like Busquets and co.

Then of course we have the rush on to buy any of our players, but we don't want to sell them. So again space is limited, especially for a player who may have expressed his desire to play for the club and the manager. Shame we have a age restriction at the moment too otherwise Dani Alves would be good, even at a fee of pocket money for some.

The most interesting part of this epic soapie drama or comedy whichever suits your taste, is just what the guys who are really seriously going for it must be thinking, because they have been told we can compete for any player if we want him.......... of course that may have changed because it was never a truth in the first place, and sometimes it is stranger than fiction.

Right so for those of us that stick with fact, we bought Solanke, and maybe Salah is going to have a medical. Those are the only real facts, but then each has his own reality.

Stay tuned because every episode is a drama in itself. Deal or No deal, and does the Banker actually want to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Gutted, I really thought he was ours after that vague line that guy wrote once about our interest, I bet my mortgage on it too.

Curses on this club, a great many curses
    Welshy you're becoming hard.

But hang on Mac aren't we supposedly making a serious challenge this season and the owners supporting that with a strong statement of intent financially.

I mean you pay Sturridge 150 a week but don't know how many games he'll be fit to play in. Ings is not good enough, Solanke? and Origi also not good enough, so if they are at Anfield Auba isn't good enough either. We have three and a half players who may be good enough, Cout, Mane, and Matip, with Firmino when he shows up. This is why the really good players can't get in here. You can do better if you are young with supposedly a bright future and you come either cheap or way over priced, and can run up and down all day. Forgot to even mention we have Henderson and Lucas, so there's no room for anyone like Busquets and co.

Then of course we have the rush on to buy any of our players, but we don't want to sell them. So again space is limited, especially for a player who may have expressed his desire to play for the club and the manager. Shame we have a age restriction at the moment too otherwise Dani Alves would be good, even at a fee of pocket money for some.

The most interesting part of this epic soapie drama or comedy whichever suits your taste, is just what the guys who are really seriously going for it must be thinking, because they have been told we can compete for any player if we want him.......... of course that may have changed because it was never a truth in the first place, and sometimes it is stranger than fiction.

Right so for those of us that stick with fact, we bought Solanke, and maybe Salah is going to have a medical. Those are the only real facts, but then each has his own reality.

Stay tuned because every episode is a drama in itself. Deal or No deal, and does the Banker actually want to spend money.
    I forgot about Origi, yeah and him too. Ooops sorry!

Yes I thought we had the power to compete for any player we wanted to, or was told that at least, right? Yes it was be totally insane if we were the ones preparing a bid for him, I have read that the Express said we were to prepare a bid, but come on, it's the Express! Yes going back to the, we can compete thing...and with Klopp saying he wants to sign the RIGHT players for LFC. I can see why VvD and Salah on our our lists, because I can see them being the right players for us this season. Maybe, just maybe, this Auba thing has a little truth in it, we don't know.

At the moment, it is City and Everton leading the pack in the window and Everton, our neighbours window is something you have to admire and makes one think of our being able to compete for any player.

Then again, lets see what the rest of the window brings, it is like a drama or comedy. Deal or No deal. What's the bakers going to do if we do actually want Auba? At least try to make ourselves attractive for him. We have Klopp, his buddy, we are in the CL, have already have a good attack, he will make it even better.

Why do you keep letting that statement confuse you. He never said that. Go back and find what he actually said, and try to understand it, you'll feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Why do you keep letting that statement confuse you. He never said that. Go back and find what he actually said, and try to understand it, you'll feel better.
    Oh sorry, I just wrote a reply to that statement. You mean Klopp said we can compete for players, with or without CL football?

Oh sorry, I just wrote a reply to that statement. You mean Klopp said we can compete for players, with or without CL football?
    No, he's talking about Werner's comments that 'we can compete with anyone', and adding his own spin of 'for any player in the market '. Werner didn't mean that, which is why he didn't say it. Putting words in his mouth and then calling it out as ******** is easy, but idiotic.

You forgot what Werner said too. We can compete with all other clubs for the best players. Another BS artist displaying his ignorance.

No, he's talking about Werner's comments that 'we can compete with anyone', and adding his own spin of 'for any player in the market '. Werner didn't mean that, which is why he didn't say it. Putting words in his mouth and then calling it out as ******** is easy, but idiotic.
    Paraphrasing and poetic license.

Pray tell us what did he actually say then?

To me Werner said and we have enough money to compete against other clubs for just about any player we need or want.

You mean the "we have funds to compete with any team in the world" quote? I take that as we can compete with any team for silverware? That is how I read it, doesn't mention anything about competing for players. Well, that is what it says to me anyhow.

Paraphrasing and poetic license.

Pray tell us what did he actually say then?

To me Werner said and we have enough money to compete against other clubs for just about any player we need or want.
    Just looked it up, he said "we have funds to compete with any team in the world" - think he meant on the pitch. If you were to go with our last CL campaign, then I think yeah, that was a load of crap!