Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL - LFC complete signing of Mohamed Salah

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Coutinho-Mane-Fimino-Salah - oh the movement!......!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Nice comments! Can't wait to see how we line up this season. Have a feeling it's going to be party time, goals and assists galore!
    That's what I'm looking forward too. And hopefully our Klopp can sort out our defence else it gonna be a basketball scores

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    I saw a tweet today saying that he averaged 35.5 kmh over 50 yards in one game last season - Bolt averaged 37 in his world record run. That's quick!

Salah is a sub 10 second 100m sprinter apparently
    Saying all of that then we should be looking at an increase in penalties and free kicks near the 18 yrd's - i fear for defenders - there arent any RB's and LBs in the league (if any) that can cope with 2 marauding wingers
    The voices that speak to me are red...

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    That's what I'm looking forward too. And hopefully our Klopp can sort out our defence else it gonna be a basketball scores
    On that I saw comments from his ex coaches talking about a game Roma where winning 5 or 6-0 and our man Salah raced back from the opponents 18yrd area to make a legal tackle - so I reckon we getting a gem here. I was on the edge of my seat on this one!

Patience and the fruits will come...

Lets enjoy Salah and what we have already today!

Coutinho-Mane-Fimino-Salah - oh the movement!......!
    I honestly think we might now have an attacking quartet that's very close to 13/14. I think we'll see a LOT of goals next season.

And all of them at a very good age, 25 - they should just be entering their prime years. Old enough to now know what they're doing, young enough to still be improving.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I honestly think we might now have an attacking quartet that's very close to 13/14. I think we'll see a LOT of goals next season.

And all of them at a very good age, 25 - they should just be entering their prime years. Old enough to now know what they're doing, young enough to still be improving.
    If we can improve on out over 70 goals as a collective this season, I would be pleased.

If we can improve on out over 70 goals as a collective this season, I would be pleased.
    Maybe but it is the goals against column that found us wanting against our comparative challengers

Quote Originally Posted by Nevinn View Post
    Maybe but it is the goals against column that found us wanting against our comparative challengers
    Really? 4th best attack, 5th best defence in the league. Chelsea scored 7 more and conceded 9 fewer, City scored 2 more and conceded 3 fewer, Arsenal scored 1 less and conceded 1 more - there's really very little in it, apart from Spurs whose defence was pretty exceptional.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Really? 4th best attack, 5th best defence in the league. Chelsea scored 7 more and conceded 9 fewer, City scored 2 more and conceded 3 fewer, Arsenal scored 1 less and conceded 1 more - there's really very little in it, apart from Spurs whose defence was pretty exceptional.
    Could make a big difference in the points tally.

Yeah but then the numbers say exactly what I said - compared to our challengers we fared worse off... 9 less, 3 less etc could equate to a massive amount of points. If we want to compete with the best we need to work on and strengthen that which separated us from our competition.
    Salah is exciting a massive signing that had me on my seats edge - I am however saying balanced squads are title winning squads

On that I saw comments from his ex coaches talking about a game Roma where winning 5 or 6-0 and our man Salah raced back from the opponents 18yrd area to make a legal tackle - so I reckon we getting a gem here. I was on the edge of my seat on this one!
    Read that article too

If he can reproduce his Roma form and even improve on it, 100 leagues goals for us doesn't seems that farfetched ✌

Read that article too

If he can reproduce his Roma form and even improve on it, 100 leagues goals for us doesn't seems that farfetched ✌
    Its that type of attitude that I want wearing a LFC shirt.

Patience and the fruits will come...

Lets enjoy Salah and what we have already today!
    VVD saga made me lost lots of faith and patience to be honest. Hopefully Salah is the 1st of many high quality players to come this summer ✌

Yeah but then the numbers say exactly what I said - compared to our challengers we fared worse off... 9 less, 3 less etc could equate to a massive amount of points. If we want to compete with the best we need to work on and strengthen that which separated us from our competition.
    Salah is exciting a massive signing that had me on my seats edge - I am however saying balanced squads are title winning squads
    Perhaps, I'm just pointing out that there's not a huge difference between attack and defence. The teams above were almost equally better at both ends, the team just below was equally worse.

I disagree with the notion that our defence is miles worse whilst our attack isn't. A difference of 1or 2 goals is almost the definition of marginal.

Perhaps, I'm just pointing out that there's not a huge difference between attack and defence. The teams above were almost equally better at both ends, the team just below was equally worse.

I disagree with the notion that our defence is miles worse whilst our attack isn't.
    Our defense is not terrible however - when your attack is exceptional - average/good is made to look worse off than it actually is

Our defense is not terrible however - when your attack is exceptional - average/good is made to look worse off than it actually is
    Our attack isn't exceptional though. Last season it was 4th best, worse than all the teams above us. It's pretty much on a par with our defence, which is nothing like as terrible as being made out, or even average - it was 5th best but again worse than all the teams above us.

Tells me we need to improve both by similar amounts.
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 23-6-17 at 13:51.

what? I could walk 70m in 70 seconds!

Official now, he has done a lean...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDATKgFWsAIGEai.jpg

That done it - i was skeptical before - even with the video and signing of documents!

That done it - i was skeptical before - even with the video and signing of documents!

Same! Just waiting for Mane to be confirmed as official now...

What are the square holes for? dirty kit?

Our attack isn't exceptional though. Last season it was 4th best, worse than all the teams above us. It's pretty much on a par with our defence, which is nothing like as terrible as being made out, or even average - it was 5th best but again worse than all the teams above us.

I feel that statistically our attack is closer to the top 4, add on the goals that a fit Mane would have brought on then even closer- now with Salah we have another contributor so yes it needed to be improved but our defense although not terrible needed much more improvement and focus and my wish now is for a starting CB and LB as cover for milner before we go all in for a CM or CAM

Same! Just waiting for Mane to be confirmed as official now...
    Yeah apparently Mane was spotted with a red bull player! Not sure he is trying for a move so anythings possible!

Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRegal69 View Post
    That's the 'punishment table.'

They had the shirt ready, but not the name board

Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRegal69 View Post
    For the ones that got away - I am led to believe that if you dig deep enough you will find a teenage Ronaldo jersey....

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

I think when everyone is fit and available it's as good as anything else in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I think when everyone is fit and available it's as good as anything else in the league.
    Man and Salah will terrify defenses but Firmino as a striker certainly doesn't instill fear i wouldn't think. Perhaps what he offers to the team as a whole is more important but i cant help but think a natural 20+ goal a season striker with a high work rate would take us to yet another lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I'd agree it's right up there, but you can't rely on everyone always being fit and available. Take Mane out and we were fairly average. We needed more.

How was our defensive record when all fit and available? It's also a lot closer to top class than widely believed. But again, they can't stay fit and Lucas/Klavan were a pretty big drop off - we needed more.

Got a good feeling this will be another signing under Klopp that we'll look back on as next season goes on, and say money well spent.

A bit like the Mane signing to be honest, not a lot of people will talk about this signing right now, but as next season goes on, then people will sit up and take notice of this signing, once Salah shows what he is capable of doing here with us.

We badly needed to sign another attacking player, that has pace and the willingness to run at the opposition, Salah has those attributes. He's got goals in him which is a bonus as well, and is versatile and can play anywhere along the attacking positions which is good.