Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Some help with deleted posts.

1. #1 Default Some help with deleted posts. 
    Hi, I've had some posts deleted by Grotton Red. Could I have an explanation to as why the first was deleted and why i was accused (and then subsequently not allowed a rebuttal to the false allegation) of looking for an argument.

I had told someone I was having a discussion with to either continue with the discussion or not to bother replying to me at all because I believed they were attempting to troll me, on the basis that their reply was nothing but a smilie. This was deleted and a question was left about whether i was looking for an argument. My subsequent reply to that was deleted, which can be found below.

if you are looking to have an argument, I suggest you go elsewhere
    No, I'm looking to have a discussion. Hence me actually telling you to continue the discussion or dont bother replying to me, because your response contributed nothing to the thread and looked like you were attempting to do nothing but troll me.

So, no. I'm not looking for an argument but a discussion. I've made that perfectly clear throughout this exchange, and extremely clear in the direct response to this when I said either continue the discussion or dont bother replying to me at all. And certainly not with just a smilie because it looks like youre trolling.
    I understand why this was deleted and why I was told to "pack it in", as it was a bid to end the discourse, and something I did upon first request.

I'd appreciate an explanation for (a) why the first post question was deleted (b) why i was accused of starting an argument when I had been nothing but civll, and (c) how someone specifically requesting someone to either properly continue to the discussion or not respond at all can be construed as someone looking to start an argument.

I appreciate also that I do not have the right to rebuttal in a thread once I've been told to move on, which I did immediately. However, and correct me if I am mistaken, I do have the right to rebuttal to a false accusation from moderation team in here. I understand this may seem trivial to you but I dont quite like being accused of something i haven't done, and i do not like having my right to reply withdrawn to leave that accusation standing.

Thans in advance of any help on this matter.
    Last edited by FIOS; 25-6-17 at 18:29.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Hi Fios.

I'll try to clear some of these points for you.

The comment to your post was because I assumed you weren't being serious and I found it amusing.

After that you accused me of trolling...which was imo an attempt to escalate the situation...which is a breach of the T & Cs

You then repeated the trolling suggestion...again in breach of the T & Cs.

I was quite within my rights to infract you for the first and second offences...but I chose to delete them instead.

I suggest you leave it at that.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

wow.

Ok, you might as well lock this and I'll ask another question.

Thanks for your response.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    wow.

Ok, you might as well lock this and I'll ask another question.

Thanks for your response.
    No need to lock it. Mods can see all responses...including deleted ones.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Jannno will be able to see all of the exchanges that have taken place, including the deleted ones. I suggest you wait for Janno's response. There's no need to answer this post, just leave it please and you will get your answer.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Hi FIOS. It seems that GrottonRed has explained his perception of your post was different to your intention - ie that you were light hearted but he interpreted it differently. That does happen from time to time. A deleted post and comment doesn't warrant the paragraphs of discussion that have emerged from that incident, nor the personal offence you seem to have taken. Escalating it by continuing to post repeatedly whilst your question was addressed, has led you to a ban and not helped the situation. We do try to point out posting problems without being personal about it and we don't always take things as they are meant, just like users sometimes don't.

We give users the right to reply to a mods actions but we don't engage in post mortems that stretch on defining point after point. That's in the User Guides in every forum. It's just an anonymous discussion board so comments shouldn't be taken as personal affronts. Hence the request to move on and let some things go for the good of the smooth running of the forums.

Hope this is behind us now.