Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sky Sports to replace numbered channels with sport specific channels, probably price drop

received an email from BT today...

Important changes to
    Sky Sports 1 & 2

Hello,

We wanted to let you know about some changes to the way you watch Sky Sports 1 & 2 and the price you pay for it.

From 18 July 2017, Sky will be changing the line-up of sports channels they show. Instead of Sky Sports 1 & 2 that you watch today, you will now receive the brand-new Sky Sports Main Event channel. You’ll also get Sky Sports Extra that brings you the rest of the live Premier League games available on Sky Sports, which are not available through Sky Sports Main Event.

And, from 20 August 2017, the price you pay for Sky Sports Main Event will be going up by 6.50 per month. As a BT TV customer you’ll still get the live Premier League games shown on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and BT Sport this season, all for less than you’d pay if you moved to Sky TV.

You can look forward to lots of brand new sport with Sky Sports Main Event. Sky Sports Main Event showcases the biggest and best sporting events from across Sky Sports including the Premier League, England Cricket, England Rugby Union Internationals, The Open and much more.
    yet another excuse to jump the price up yet again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post

didn't take long did it. now is that sky putting the price up or bt looking at a way to make some pennies while this is going on.

So this instead of offering whichever sky sports channels are available, you'll get one "best of" channel?

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider

I got the same, I said earlier in the thread the suggestion that there would a price drop was laughable

Another shameless excuse to put the price up it's *********** disgusting tell me how much extra value I'm getting for my 7 quid versus what I get today ???

Greedy fat sweaty bald headed *****

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is online now Ask him if the match is on TV
    Sky already hyping up the "news" channel moving from 406 to 409, like it's major ground breaking technology.

It will still be the same "news" channel, start with the days main headline and make it bigger then it is. Head to ad breaks, repeat the same story. Show short clip of an interview rather then the whole thing. Show a goal and say was it a winning goal, or show someone lining up a golf shot and ask what happened next, then go to ad breaks. Return and run a different story, say coming up after next ad breaks the answer to the goal/golf shot. Show it and it turns out to be a let down. Get a special guest in the studio five minutes to the hour and "run out of time"

Start with the main new story. Head to the twitter desk. Go to the transfer centre. Link a player with a club, then go to the stats zone to see how many goals he scored compared to other players, how many shots, tackles, blocked shots, passes, cards etc he got compared to other players. Show some twitter nonsense video. Advertise what's on Sky that day.. Advertise what you could have seen on Sky. Talk down to viewers like they are ten year old casual sports fans and you are presenting Blue Peter or Newsround so you have to explain Jackie Stewart use to race cars, Chris Eubank Senior was a boxing Champion, Wayne Rooney played for Everton before, Tiger Woods use to be good at golf and Former players for this league are playing abroad. Run the yellow breaking news ticker for a minor story. Advertise what's on Sky later today. Advertise your website or on demand features. Advertise what's on Sky later today. Go to ad breaks. Run a poll to vote for best goal in the indoor football tournament, even though the official one was announced after the final and I don't think it even made their shortlist for the poll. Show a player singing, sneezing or falling over then go back from the old clips to find other players who did the game. Advertise what's on Sky later.

This has clearly been done to charge more for less. They'll say how there's dedicated channels to sports and include F1 even though that channel is in it's sixth year. They'll say the channels have increased from 8 to 10, but there's no increase in live content. They struggle as it is, so adding 2 more channels does nothing.

Look at the F1 Live Event in London last week. It was live on THREE of their channels at once. Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports Mix. So if they struggle to show enough content that three of the seven non "news" channels have to show the same thing, how is adding two more channels going to help.

It's like the Cinema channel changing one of the channels to Sky Cinema Tom Hanks for two weeks, yeah dress it up as you like "it's the biggest collection of his films ever" it still don't change the fact you are running the same movies over and over on loop with two showings in one day before repeating it twice again in another two days.
    YNWA

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post
    Sky already hyping up the "news" channel moving from 406 to 409, like it's major ground breaking technology.
    They're doing what??

How on Earth... is this even possible?

So... it will be the like the same channel... but will have a different number. Mind blown!!

I'm astounded. Are they going to release behind the scenes footage of how they perform this modern miracle?

The manpower needed for such a move must be incredible. This is like the modern equivalent of the pyramids or Stonehenge.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    They're doing what??

How on Earth... is this even possible?

So... it will be the like the same channel... but will have a different number. Mind blown!!

I'm astounded. Are they going to release behind the scenes footage of how they perform this modern miracle?

The manpower needed for such a move must be incredible. This is like the modern equivalent of the pyramids or Stonehenge.
    No...but they've made a video to help people remember the new number...

And no...that isn't a joke.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    No...but they've made a video to help people remember the new number...

And no...that isn't a joke.
    Lol what?

How does the video help you to remember the number? Does it have a helpful rhyme that rhymes with 409?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Lol what?

How does the video help you to remember the number? Does it have a helpful rhyme that rhymes with 409?
    It's worse than that...I'm sure it's on youtube etc.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post

It will still be the same "news" channel, start with the days main headline and make it bigger then it is. Head to ad breaks, repeat the same story. Show short clip of an interview rather then the whole thing. Show a goal and say was it a winning goal, or show someone lining up a golf shot and ask what happened next, then go to ad breaks. Return and run a different story, say coming up after next ad breaks the answer to the goal/golf shot. Show it and it turns out to be a let down. Get a special guest in the studio five minutes to the hour and "run out of time"

Start with the main new story. Head to the twitter desk. Go to the transfer centre. Link a player with a club, then go to the stats zone to see how many goals he scored compared to other players, how many shots, tackles, blocked shots, passes, cards etc he got compared to other players. Show some twitter nonsense video. Advertise what's on Sky that day.. Advertise what you could have seen on Sky. Talk down to viewers like they are ten year old casual sports fans and you are presenting Blue Peter or Newsround so you have to explain Jackie Stewart use to race cars, Chris Eubank Senior was a boxing Champion, Wayne Rooney played for Everton before, Tiger Woods use to be good at golf and Former players for this league are playing abroad. Run the yellow breaking news ticker for a minor story. Advertise what's on Sky later today. Advertise your website or on demand features. Advertise what's on Sky later today. Go to ad breaks. Run a poll to vote for best goal in the indoor football tournament, even though the official one was announced after the final and I don't think it even made their shortlist for the poll. Show a player singing, sneezing or falling over then go back from the old clips to find other players who did the game. Advertise what's on Sky later.

This has clearly been done to charge more for less. They'll say how there's dedicated channels to sports and include F1 even though that channel is in it's sixth year. They'll say the channels have increased from 8 to 10, but there's no increase in live content. They struggle as it is, so adding 2 more channels does nothing.

Look at the F1 Live Event in London last week. It was live on THREE of their channels at once. Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports Mix. So if they struggle to show enough content that three of the seven non "news" channels have to show the same thing, how is adding two more channels going to help.

It's like the Cinema channel changing one of the channels to Sky Cinema Tom Hanks for two weeks, yeah dress it up as you like "it's the biggest collection of his films ever" it still don't change the fact you are running the same movies over and over on loop with two showings in one day before repeating it twice again in another two days.
    Cracking post

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I got the same, I said earlier in the thread the suggestion that there would a price drop was laughable

Another shameless excuse to put the price up it's *********** disgusting tell me how much extra value I'm getting for my 7 quid versus what I get today ???

Greedy fat sweaty bald headed *****
    the mighty ""Lizard of Oz"...

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    a pity that price drop doesn't move over to now tv.. still asking 33 for a months sports pass.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    a pity that price drop doesn't move over to now tv.. still asking 33 for a months sports pass.
    Yeah I noticed that, 7 pound for a day pass still and eleven for a week pass.

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Bump.

I'm buying the Premier League channel only.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Seems like there will be no changes to NOW TV immediately.

I bought a day pass last week on Saturday as I was just staying in the flat and watching our game, and one thing that did make me laugh at one point, the same MLS game was on Sky Sports PL and Sky Sports football, how are they justifying that!?

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is online now Ask him if the match is on TV
    There's always something on at least two channels at the same time now. Every single thing on the main event channel is on another channel at the same time.

The F1 event in London was on three channels at the exact same time.
    YNWA