Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Van Dijk Alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by AndiM. View Post
    We need CBs with pace and good acceleration.

Van Dijk, Vogt, Söyüncü, Stark...

De Vrij will struggle with pacey forwards like Lovren does.
    I agree de Vrij is not the quickest among that lot but he is way quicker than Lovren. More importantly, he is better than Lovren in 3 important aspects. de Vrij has better reaction, better sense of positioning/marking and excellent composure compared to Lovren. These qualities together with his excellent game reading will make him a serious upgrade on Lovren. However, I personally prefer VVD and we should do everything possible to bring him here.

In any case, with Matip and Gomez (long-term) for the RCB position, priority should be for LCB and that is the other reason VVD should be the priority in addition to his PL experience. Söyüncü, although right-footed, has a decent left foot and can be groomed for the LCB position.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    I agree de Vrij is not the quickest among that lot but he is way quicker than Lovren. More importantly, he is better than Lovren in 3 important aspects. de Vrij has better reaction, better sense of positioning/marking and excellent composure compared to Lovren. These qualities together with his excellent game reading will make him a serious upgrade on Lovren. However, I personally prefer VVD and we should do everything possible to bring him here.

In any case, with Matip and Gomez (long-term) for the RCB position, priority should be for LCB and that is the other reason VVD should be the priority in addition to his PL experience. Söyüncü, although right-footed, has a decent left foot and can be groomed for the LCB position.
    VVD all the way on Stefan De Vrij,

personally I don't know anything about Soyuncu, what club does he feature in, mate? what are his main best skills?

thanks, if you light me up about the last bloke,
    Last edited by rosso76; 12-12-17 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    VVD all the way on Stefan De Vrij,

personally I don't know anything about Soyuncu, what club does he feature in, mate? what are his main best skills?

thanks, if you light me up about the last bloke,
    Caglar Soyuncu is a 21 year old player from Turkey currently playing for Freiburg. He is strong in the tackle both aerially and otherwise. However, he's far from the finished article although all the signs point to a great defender. How soon, I don't know. As you said, what we need immediately is a VVD instead of grooming young ones. If VVD is not achievable, I prefer we go for an experienced but still strong defender (for instance, Chiellini at Juve has not extended his contract and Juve may be persuaded to let go of him for a cut-price deal. He is still an excellent defender who is surprisingly quick and strong besides being highly composed. If Klopp can convince him to join him for a couple of seasons, he can be a fantastic addition. I don't know how expensive he would be wage wise though!).

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    Caglar Soyuncu is a 21 year old player from Turkey currently playing for Freiburg. He is strong in the tackle both aerially and otherwise. However, he's far from the finished article although all the signs point to a great defender. How soon, I don't know. As you said, what we need immediately is a VVD instead of grooming young ones. If VVD is not achievable, I prefer we go for an experienced but still strong defender (for instance, Chiellini at Juve has not extended his contract and Juve may be persuaded to let go of him for a cut-price deal. He is still an excellent defender who is surprisingly quick and strong besides being highly composed. If Klopp can convince him to join him for a couple of seasons, he can be a fantastic addition. I don't know how expensive he would be wage wise though!).
    so, no finished article like as an instance VVD,

no way, mate,

by the way, thanks for your player portrait,