Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 2,851 to 2,876 of 2876

Thread: Naby Keita: Liverpool willing to pay club record fee for Leipzig midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Finishing 4th, 3rd and 4th in his three full loan seasons was decent. Thats about it especially as the league was weaker than and our pulling power was massive.

But back to the point if rodgers is a 'mouthpiece' then so is evans as we chose not to go for kenny but the much lower profile and almost non existent as a footballer roy evans. Hes done nothing of note since leaving us either.

We had the pass the pound and terrible training attitude in his time. Still i like the guy and he was decent. But if rodgers is a 'mouthpiece', a guy who rejected to talk to us unless we only wanted him as first choice. A guy that refused to work with a director of football. Then evans is also a 'mouthpiece'.
    Its wasn't that strong, Desailly and Thuram nearly joined but turned us down. If we did have that much pulling power why did we go for veteran's like Reidle?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback'1984 View Post
    Exactly, lets move on to other targets, not getting Keita and Van Dijk won't ruin our plans, there is still top players out there. Stefan de Vrij + Mateo Kovačić, 60-70 million for the pair.

Problem now is there enough time to start a fresh approach?
    yes,this is my worry also.if we couldnt get two targets in 2 months,how we could get another two in 14 days till start?
    once again we are moving too slow

Its wasn't that strong, Desailly and Thuram nearly joined but turned us down. If we did have that much pulling power why did we go for veteran's like Reidle?
    It was certainly much stronger than it is now. Dessaily rejected us because of schooling for his kids. To say we did not have massive pulling power is insane. We had won the league 18 times just 4 years or so before evans joined. We were still a super heavyweight.

You forget evans was given money to buy collymore at a british transfer record. So was macateer. Babb was big money.

Under moores we went from being the number one club in the land to 4th by the time he sold. By the time fsg came, we were fifth.

As i said, evans was decent but that was the time for the board to bring back kenny. Maybe they wanted a more of a yes man and got in evans.

Then they turned to the ultra defensive houllier who was polar opposite to the pass and move we were famous for and he destroyed the academy.

It was certainly much stronger than it is now. Dessaily rejected us because of schooling for his kids. To say we did not have massive pulling power is insane. We had won the league 18 times just 4 years or so before evans joined. We were still a super heavyweight.

You forget evans was given money to buy collymore at a british transfer record. So was macateer. Babb was big money.

Under moores we went from being the number one club in the land to 4th by the time he sold. By the time fsg came, we were fifth.

As i said, evans was decent but that was the time for the board to bring back kenny. Maybe they wanted a more of a yes man and got in evans.

Then they turned to the ultra defensive houllier who was polar opposite to the pass and move we were famous for and he destroyed the academy.
    I do agree with most of that, I still don't understand why we sold Collymore for £8 million and replaced him with nobody special, we could of easily of got Les Ferdinand with that money received.

I do think Evans was far from perfect, but he had his moments, discipline was his biggest problem.

Bakayoko goes for £40 million to Chelsea and Monaco were a stand out impressive side in the CL last season, but when we want to bring in a top player its 60-70 million, is our money different?

So frustrating, ffs Morata was £57-58 million.

Bakayoko goes for £40 million to Chelsea and Monaco were a stand out impressive side in the CL last season, but when we want to bring in a top player its 60-70 million, is our money different?

No, we just target players that aren't available for sale.

we don't have the KGB working for us

I do agree with most of that, I still don't understand why we sold Collymore for £8 million and replaced him with nobody special, we could of easily of got Les Ferdinand with that money received.

I do think Evans was far from perfect, but he had his moments, discipline was his biggest problem.
    Funnily enough I read a great article on Evans' tenure yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-eric-cantona

Beware, it's lengthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    Funnily enough I read a great article on Evans' tenure yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-eric-cantona

Beware, it's lengthy
    That's what they all say.

True, I think VVD was the stand out defender in the pl before he got injured and with city paying 50m for stones the previous season it set the price.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    That's what they all say.

No, we just target players that aren't available for sale.
    And have no second or third choices so put all the power in the selling club's hands. Morata was Chelsea' second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    And have no second or third choices so put all the power in the selling club's hands. Morata was Chelsea' second choice.
    As an aside, I'd rather have Morata in the team than Lukaku.

In Chelsea's team or ours? I think Lukaku would have suited them.

They were loosely in for Mbappe very early on as well I think, so the point is they obviously had a list of a few players who would improve their team and they are the reigning champions, at a canter, from last year. We're lead to believe only one player in the entire world can improve ours.

As soon as one opportunity closed they moved onto the next one, because they need a striker.

I guess the question for us is whether the opportunity has closed on our deals, yet. Maybe they haven't but the prices we are going to end up paying are probably double what the players are actually worth. Still, if we get them then it will be considered a successful window so as always, we wait and see.

Lets ditch this move and go for Mateo Kovačić, he is a class act.

Lukaku suits moanio type of football better.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    In Chelsea's team or ours? I think Lukaku would have suited them.

They were loosely in for Mbappe very early on as well I think, so the point is they obviously had a list of a few players who would improve their team and they are the reigning champions, at a canter, from last year. We're lead to believe only one player in the entire world can improve ours and we scraped 4th.

As soon as one opportunity closed they moved onto the next one, because they need a striker.

I guess the question for us is whether the opportunity has closed on our deals, yet. Maybe they haven't but the prices we are going to end up paying are probably double what the players are actually worth. Still, if we get them then it will be considered a successful window so as always, we wait and see.
    Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Lukaku suits moanio type of football better.
    Maybe mate, I can see that.

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met with Klopp earlier this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...village-guinea

RB Leipzig’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick has criticised Naby Keïta’s entourage and claimed the midfielder has had his head turned by “a whole village in Guinea”.

Going round in rings bidding 66m but only prepared to pay less than 40m up front no wonder they turned it down which suits fsg down to the ground.

I agree with all you have said. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Then I read on a couple of sites that we are still in for both players especially VvD.

I hope we are currently looking for alternatives at this very moment. KEITA IS NOT FOR SALE.....

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Then I read on a couple of sites that we are still in for both players especially VvD.
    Well I still think we haven't given up on either, but the story changes every minute. It's on, one's on one's off, both off, who the hell knows anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope we are currently looking for alternatives at this very moment. KEITA IS NOT FOR SALE.....
    Never was its just camouflage to fool us fans.