Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 2883

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

  1. #421  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Lack of supply increases the price per unit. (maybe 'literally' was the wrong word )
    You were right first time.

    Supply isn't the issue - inflation in football is driven by demand for the product. It's the ever growing global TV audience that's driving revenue which is then driving up clubs demands for transfers and players for wages - it's not one or the other.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #422  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Football isn't really a commodity like oil, etc. Its an addiction like crack or heroin. When we have to feed our addiction by stealing the rights to watch or attend games it becomes and epidemic. Are we there yet?...lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #423  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    You were right first time.

    Supply isn't the issue - inflation in football is driven by demand for the product. It's the ever growing global TV audience that's driving revenue which is then driving up clubs demands for transfers and players for wages - it's not one or the other.
    Agreed, but also, because Klopp has 'his' targets, it's makes the supply that much more scarce. He sort of pigeon-hole's us and chops off one of our legs at negotiations when he says 'I'll only have these 4 players or nothing.' The other club know that they can squeeze us.

    But yeah, I agree that the demand for quality in our squad and the demand for quality from fans drives up the price for exactly that; quality.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #424  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Hopefully FSG are making money from these media updates every hour. They own a media company..... [Fantasy land stuff] - Would be nice if every article about LFC has to pay money to FSG media. Bump up the price if you want RedBull...lol
    Last edited by IDREAMOFGINI; 17-7-17 at 15:00.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #425  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,068
    According to today's reports, Arsenal are willing to bid 45 million. However there is 4 problems.

    1. Such a bid isn't high enough.
    2. Arsenal aren't in the Champions League where Van Dijk wants to play.
    3. Arsenal may have to sell Sanchez first to free up capital.
    4. Van Dijk doesn't want to join Arsenal. He says it's Liverpool end of discussion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #426  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Hopefully FSG are making money from these media updates every hour. They own a media company. [Fantasy land] Would be nice if every article about LFC has to pay money to FSG media. Bump up the price if you want RedBull...lol
    The media company is called Fenway Sports Management (FSM).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #427  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    The media company is called Fenway Sports Management (FSM).
    Knew they owned one. I was only dreaming anyway, but then again with so much news going through social media these days and people able to make a living from reporting it. It wouldn't surprise me if they have to pay for the FSM based news.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #428  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    According to today's reports, Arsenal are willing to bid 45 million. However there is 4 problems.

    1. Such a bid isn't high enough.
    2. Arsenal aren't in the Champions League where Van Dijk wants to play.
    3. Arsenal may have to sell Sanchez first to free up capital.
    4. Van Dijk doesn't want to join Arsenal. He says it's Liverpool end of discussion.
    Southampton wanted 70 mil, if I recall correctly. Is this the new version of 40 mil + 1 pound?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #429  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Southampton wanted 70 mil, if I recall correctly. Is this the new version of 40 mil + 1 pound?
    Knowing the Gooners and Arsene Whinger, it probably is. He could be offering 40 million and Jack Wheelchair. Everton want Walcott but he doesn't want to join Everton. It must be partly due to him being a Liverpool fan.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #430  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Knowing the Gooners and Arsene Whinger, it probably is. He could be offering 40 million and Jack Wheelchair. Everton want Walcott but he doesn't want to join Everton. It must be partly due to him being a Liverpool fan.
    ohhh. Got a chuckle out of that one. lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #431  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    i think we will get vvd,but we will miss out keita
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #432  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    i think we will get vvd,but we will miss out keita
    Hope we get exactly what we're being reported too. It would send a strong message around Europe and set us up for a good 4-5 years, with only one new player each season as an option to buy and the duds up for sale.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #433  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18,755
    It seems to have gone a little quieter than normal today on this one.

    I wonder if there's any truth in the rumours from the back end of last week that the deal could be still on
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #434  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    I Virgil comes, recon he'd be 3rd captain in place of Lucas.. Henderson 1, Milner 2, Virgil 3.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #435  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,973
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    We made a 57m bid. That destroys our transfer record by 20+m.... clearly we are willing to try and get them.

    You're statement is silly.
    I agree we're willing to try and get them. That's not what you originally said though. Anyone can try.

    We'll show we're really willing to get them when we offer amounts that are accepted.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #436  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,910
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    I Virgil comes, recon he'd be 3rd captain in place of Lucas.. Henderson 1, Milner 2, Virgil 3.
    Personally think he should take the captaincy outright tbh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #437  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Personally think he should take the captaincy outright tbh.
    Slap on the nose to Henderson stevie. One of those 3 will be playing in my opinion. Virgil would be captain this season at some stage.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #438  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    15,793
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Personally think he should take the captaincy outright tbh.
    No I would leave it with Hendo until next season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #439  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    No I would leave it with Hendo until next season.
    I've always liked the idea of having your captain as a dominant CB, just my preference no offence to Hendo.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #440  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    15,793
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I've always liked the idea of having your captain as a dominant CB, just my preference no offence to Hendo.
    Agree but let him settle in first.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #441  
    davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Agree but let him settle in first.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #442  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,581
    Virgil hasn't even worn the shirt once and some think we should make him captain? Is that because henderson has devalued the captains jersey that much, or you don't rate how Henderson has lead as captain and his leadership skills? either way I'm baffled

    It's not a ridiculous idea but these sorts of views only entrench my beliefs I'm delighted with the management team we have
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #443  
    raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,649
    Lets sign him then there is a debate on who should be captain
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #444  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Lets sign him then there is a debate on who should be captain
    Exactly
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #445  
    raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,649
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMighty_388 View Post
    Exactly
    Talk about running before you can walk......................making someone captain who doesn't play for us shows the madness on here
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #446  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Talk about running before you can walk......................making someone captain who doesn't play for us shows the madness on here
    yeah... it's a little bit too early to talk about these things
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #447  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,071
    People talking about making a player captain who has not signed for us as yet makes me want to puke
    The voices that speak to me are red...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #448  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,160
    God this Van Dijk speculation is getting really tired now. I don't believe a thing the press are saying about this purely based on what has happened in the past & to be honest I'll be very surprised if we sign him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #449  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Virgil hasn't even worn the shirt once and some think we should make him captain? Is that because henderson has devalued the captains jersey that much, or you don't rate how Henderson has lead as captain and his leadership skills? either way I'm baffled

    It's not a ridiculous idea but these sorts of views only entrench my beliefs I'm delighted with the management team we have
    Ince came in and became instant captain didn't he? Or am I remembering wrong???
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #450  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    482
    Good car, I understand it's the perfect one, it's not for sale but no other will do. That's O.K, we all go through moments like that in our lives but sometimes it's better to find another reliable car than waiting endlessly for the bus to come. Who knows the other car might surprise you and make you happier than the other one would anyway...
    Last edited by magicman*****; 18-7-17 at 19:28.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •