Notices
Closed Thread
Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2996

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    I think you are right, thing is and obviously I dont know the mind of Klopp but he may be thinking if I cant get VvD who do I get, and is this new player that much better than Gomez, or put another way if I spend 30m on a new CB what will I get for that 30m that I cant get from Gomez or Klavan, I think he does sort of think like that a bit.
    Maybe, but that's banking on them staying fit and not getting suspended. And to be honest, last season he thought Lucas was a better option than Klavan at centre back.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I think Klopp see's VVD as his centre back solution. But is he worth the probable 60m+ we will need to pay to get him ????

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by watchya View Post
    I think Klopp see's VVD as his centre back solution. But is he worth the probable 60m+ we will need to pay to get him ????

When Klopp was chatting to him in Blackpool he may well have thought 40m would get him, obviously that all blew up and now its like you say 60m+, thing is back in Blackpool 40m was probably a fair price but now with this sort of rapid inflation yes 60m maybe about right, weather we will pay that god only knows, thats even if there is a chance to get him, he may well end up staying and not going anywhere.

In the current market maybe he's worth the money being quoted but for that amount we could also go after some of the Bayern CBs or Varane. I just want us to move quick.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Silliest post of the day.
    You know when anyone refers to the manager as 'Kloppy' their posts are gonna be silly.

If Walker is worth 50m then yes.

Southampton are eyeing Kevin Wimmer as a replacement. Given what's happened in the past (replacing Lovren with Alderweireld, Lambert with Pelle etc.) maybe we should sign him instead

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    You know when anyone refers to the manager as 'Kloppy' their posts are gonna be silly.
    100%.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    We have to be in talks to sign Van Dijk sometime this week.

Kovacic next.

Saints ready to bid 12m for Wesley Hoedt as VVD replacement maybe we should snap him up now as well as VVD.

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Saints ready to bid 12m for Wesley Hoedt as VVD replacement maybe we should snap him up now as well as VVD.
    Saves us buying him for 50m in two seasons time

Logic

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    If its true Chelsea want VVD they'll get him

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    If its true Chelsea want VVD they'll get him
    History would suggest you're right Ray, BUT all the noise so far seems to be that he's sold on Klopps plan and offer. Think it's more about whether the club can wrap a deal up with Saints more than anything. But such is the money and speed at which Chelsea do business you wouldn't bet too much against them.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    History would suggest you're right Ray, BUT all the noise so far seems to be that he's sold on Klopps plan and offer. Think it's more about whether the club can wrap a deal up with Saints more than anything. But such is the money and speed at which Chelsea do business you wouldn't bet too much against them.
    We are not in communication with them yo my knowledge

If he ends up at chelsea will show how pathetic our transfer department is. And a complete mess of a transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    We are not in communication with them yo my knowledge
    I'd imagine he's still aware we are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by prayerforliverpool View Post
    If he ends up at chelsea will show how pathetic our transfer department is. And a complete mess of a transfer window.
    It wouldn't look great, especially in light of the Keita situation

If VVD wants to join us there's nothing Chelsea can do to get him, even if they offer saints more, he just says no to the move. We should definately be looking elsewhere at the moment though as CB is the main position we need to strengthens our if VVD doesn't work out we need a back up.

It wouldn't look great, especially in light of the Keita situation
    Pretty much. Cant believe we cant get our act together in this. For years like a bunch of amateurs

Quote Originally Posted by TG1234 View Post
    If VVD wants to join us there's nothing Chelsea can do to get him, even if they offer saints more, he just says no to the move. We should definately be looking elsewhere at the moment though as CB is the main position we need to strengthens our if VVD doesn't work out we need a back up.
    Theoretically yes, but there's still quite a lot of moving parts. For whatever reason getting deals over the line seems like a bit of an issue for us. Chelsea by comparison seem like slick operators so if VVD wants out and we're dilly dallying about you could see him just taking that option

Quote Originally Posted by prayerforliverpool View Post
    Pretty much. Cant believe we cant get our act together in this. For years like a bunch of amateurs
    You mean in forcing clubs to sell their players to LFC?

Conte missed out on Lukaku and Sandro now, I suppose you think Chelsea need to get their act together too?

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post

Conte missed out on Lukaku and Sandro now, I suppose you think Chelsea need to get their act together too?
    Not being able to get player A happens to more or less all clubs, but that's not the end of it really though is it. I think if you look at Chelsea's squad it's pretty clear they get **** done.

If we can't get Keita and or VVD, it's nit the end of the world but what we THEN do is key.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post

Sorry but weve been pretty dreadful for years. Spotting talent and then making the deal .

I think its much important we sign VVD than Keita , we have several options in midfield and Klopp can make it work but going to the CL without a new powerful dominant CB is what we cant afford

Think this one is happening

Now apparently we've stepped up interest again....it goes on and on and on

I think he is one of the top CBs around the world , he is a beast and deserves every penny we will pay if this goea through

Quote Originally Posted by NaDrOsKi View Post
    I think its much important we sign VVD than Keita , we have several options in midfield and Klopp can make it work but going to the CL without a new powerful dominant CB is what we cant afford

Think this one is happening
    think we need both to be at our best. When Lallana is in our penalty box defending he gets in the road, when Firmino has to run back and defend like a CM we're not doing a very good job in midfield. Our front 3 should be pressing high and biting the heels off the opposition like terriers, not playing as cm's. Really need a solid CB and an energetic ball-playing midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    think we need both to be at our best. When Lallana is in our penalty box defending he gets in the road, when Firmino has to run back and defend like a CM we're not doing a very good job in midfield. Our front 3 should be pressing high and biting the heels off the opposition like terriers, not playing as cm's. Really need a solid CB and an energetic ball-playing midfielder.
    My point is we have enough players to cover in midfield , Can Henderson Wini Lallana and with Klopp droping coutinho there could solve lots of problems so its more managable than our issues in defenese.

I dont trust Lovren or Klavan and if Matip gets injured it will get messy , he should step up a level or two this season also.

Quote Originally Posted by NaDrOsKi View Post
    My point is we have enough players to cover in midfield , Can Henderson Wini Lallana and with Klopp droping coutinho there could solve lots of problems so its more managable than our issues in defenese.

I dont trust Lovren or Klavan and if Matip gets injured it will get messy , he should step up a level or two this season also.
    We've got plenty, sure but I think neither Can or Henderson is good enough to play as the deep midfielder. They are better suited as a midfield partner to someone else. We don't have anyone in our squad who's tailor made for that role and young Souza is still learning. Goretzka would be nice but Grujic looks set for that role. A Seri type player would be better. We've always performed well with a deep energetic playermaker. When an ageing Gerrard was put there we nearly won the league.
    Last edited by IDREAMOFGINI; 1-8-17 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Now apparently we've stepped up interest again....it goes on and on and on
    Just make it stop, please.

Newspaper cliche overload.