Notices
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    So now you're an expert on how much Liverpool will spend?
    Grow up, how does him voicing his personal opinion make him an expert, he has his you have yours and me mine, he happens to think we wont spend 70m on a player, its an opinion not a fact, one I happen to agree with.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Grow up, how does him voicing his personal opinion make him an expert, he has his you have yours and me mine, he happens to think we wont spend 70m on a player, its an opinion not a fact, one I happen to agree with.
    Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    This thread is only going to end up Episode 7, The Disney Star Wars....Crap, been and seen this story before....throwing nostalgia over people to hide no original story line so the fans will be happy for the sight of the Falcon and Chewie will win them over. None of the new guys are any good at their jobs, no one knows where they want to go and pretty much useless!
    I quite enjoyed the new films thank you very much

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    So, apparently VvD has once again told Southampton he only wants to join Liverpool. Not that it will make much difference, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    So, apparently VvD has once again told Southampton he only wants to join Liverpool. Not that it will make much difference, I feel.

I think it will. Apparently the new manager doesn't want to keep unhappy players. Southampton could cash in or miss out and have an unhappy VVD.

It must've been some evening in Blackpool.

I'm sure saints will be thrilled, and most understanding.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    I think it will. Apparently the new manager doesn't want to keep unhappy players. Southampton could cash in or miss out and have an unhappy VVD.
    Wasn't the new manager promised no big players would be sold as part of the deal to get him to sign?

He will hand in transfer request, he's told friends he wants to play CL football.

Wasn't the new manager promised no big players would be sold as part of the deal to get him to sign?
    Not sure but I read yesterday he doesn't want to keep unhappy players.

I don't believe that to be true, in fact I find it hard to believe any professional footballer would do that, certainly in the context its probably portrayed, ok yes if he said to the Chairman 'I will stay then [meaning Southampton] as I only really want to play for Liverpool and they dont want me cant pay or whatever, maybe, but even then I have my doubts, these guys play for money have agents etc and they would leave all options open, not make comments to slam them shut.

I'm wondering if Pellegrino having been a Liverpool player might make him more agreeable to van Dyke moving on.

For the money that's being mentioned for VvD, I'm sure he could buy at least a couple of very, very good players to strengthen his squad.

I'm sure there are alternatives to van Dyke anyway. Of course he's a smashing player and it's not my money, but I would say tightening up defensively against so-called lesser teams, and being more aware of parked-bus countering teams might be just as effective. And I don't think it would be necessary to pay 70m to do that.

Maybe would should have a traditional defensive midfielder or two away from home sometimes, to wear the strugglers down then snatch the points in the last 15-20 minutes.

As we all know, it's the canon fodder that we dropped points to last season. Playing against teams that actually want to give us a match hasn't appeared to be that much of a problem.

But yes, I can see the need for another decent centre-back, of course I can. However, if we'd have provided more protection for say Lovren for example, in midfield, would it have made a difference? Maybe, on occasion.

To be fair, Mane tickling off hardly helped our cause. That seemed to be the main reason for our slump in January.

This can be done but there are two simples steps that need to be carried out.

1. VVD has to hand in a transfer request.

And

2. The club makes an actual bid for him.

Atm, neither seems to have happened. And until then nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    This can be done but there are two simples steps that need to be carried out.

1. VVD has to hand in a transfer request.

And

2. The club makes an actual bid for him.

Atm, neither seems to have happened. And until then nothing will happen.
    That's it though Seamus if he hands in a transfer request the club can still hold out for even more than double the clubs transfer record. nothing's guaranteed

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    It must've been some evening in Blackpool.

I'm sure saints will be thrilled, and most understanding.

It may not have worked out exactly as we planned, but whatever the case Klopp certainly seems to have made a very compelling impression on VVD, he seems completely smitten with us.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    That's it though Seamus if he hands in a transfer request the club can still hold out for even more than double the clubs transfer record. nothing's guaranteed
    Actually if he hands in a transfer request and demands that Liverpool are the only club he wants to join puts the buying club in a better position.

Why?

1. There is no bidding war.
    2. They will have to accept the price offered provided it's acceptable.
    3. They don't want an unhappy player disrupting the dressing room.
    4. They cannot afford to have him down tools.
    5. They need to get the cash in early to sign a replacement. They cannot allow this to drag on until August 31st when there is no time to sign a replacement.

This development although doesn't suggest a deal will be done, but it's strengthens Liverpool's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    They are in a strong position because of the length of time remaining on his contract. I do think if he puts in a transfer request it opens the door for interested clubs to make a move and since we are his preferred destination there is very little chance of another club bidding. Meaning IF we bid 50m for him they can either accept it or keep a player that wants out.

That too could have further ramifications regarding any recruitment for them this summer. Players have used Southampton as a stepping stone in their careers but if Southampton want extortionate fees for players I find it hard to see how they can get any player using the club for those reasons to sign a contract at that club.

I reckon that if VVD hands in a request to leave and we bid 50m -60m they may have to sell. There's too much at risk for them if they don't.

I still think he will be a Liverpool player come kick off against Watford.

I usually don't put much stock in the Mirror, but they were the ones who broke the story of the Blackpool Rendezvous and the videos and texts exchange. It's clear they have a source at St. Mary's. The question now is, if the report is in fact true, who is feeding the information to the Mirror? Is it VVD's camp or Southampton? If it's VVD, it changes nothing, and you have to wonder what's the point. If it's Southampton, then it would imply they are trying to create a pretext for selling.

He's going to sign.

Boom! shake-shake-shake the room
    Van-Dijk-Dijk-Dijk Boom!

They are in a strong position because of the length of time remaining on his contract. I do think if he puts in a transfer request it opens the door for interested clubs to make a move and since we are his preferred destination there is very little chance of another club bidding. Meaning IF we bid 50m for him they can either accept it or keep a player that wants out.

That too could have further ramifications regarding any recruitment for them this summer. Players have used Southampton as a stepping stone in their careers but if Southampton want extortionate fees for players I find it hard to see how they can get any player using the club for those reasons to sign a contract at that club.

I reckon that if VVD hands in a request to leave and we bid 50m -60m they may have to sell. There's too much at risk for them if they don't.
    Best post of the day as it's pretty much the only one that makes sense.

The fact that (If true of course) that VVD has told Southampton that he wants to leave and to only to Liverpool, strengthens our hand. We're not talking 70 million anymore, there is a chance of a negotiating bargaining figure. The same applies to when we decide to sell Sakho. Liverpool are looking for 30 million but if Sakho does similar and says he only wants to join x club, then negotiating and bargaining come into play. The figure will be reduced on both occasions.

Southampton may have to settle for 55 million and Liverpool may settle for 20 million. I said may but this has no basis in fact, it's estimated figures.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    He's going to sign.

Van-Dijk-Dijk-Dijk Boom!

Either nice beer you are drinking today, or you got some stonking grass!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Either nice beer you are drinking today, or you got some stonking grass!
    Oh no no no i don't smoke not even funny fags and no beer today i'm just happy.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Oh no no no i don't smoke not even funny fags and no beer today i'm just happy.

Okay...i'll join in too....

AND Keita too, oh la la, we gonna get Keita too!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Okay...i'll join in too....

AND Keita too, oh la la, we gonna get Keita too!

Yes get Keta as'well please
    Last edited by YosemiteSam; 9-7-17 at 14:48.

That may or may not be true Seamus but Liverpool would have to be prepared to pay 50 or 60m and I dont think they would, I reckon Klopp values him at around 35-40m so as far as we are concerned we have moved on pursuing other targets, the fact that there now seems to be a complete shutdown of media leaks from our end is whats causing them to rehash the ridiculous concerning VvD and Keita, they have sod all else for clickbait, once they do get a whiff of something that is genuine the VvD and Keita nonsense will disappear.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    That may or may not be true Seamus but Liverpool would have to be prepared to pay 50 or 60m and I dont think they would, I reckon Klopp values him at around 35-40m so as far as we are concerned we have moved on pursuing other targets, the fact that there now seems to be a complete shutdown of media leaks from our end is whats causing them to rehash the ridiculous concerning VvD and Keita, they have sod all else for clickbait, once they do get a whiff of something that is genuine the VvD and Keita nonsense will disappear.
    I think 50m (or thereabouts) would be within our expected range tbh, looking at how much Stones and Luiz cost for example. And VVD is a clear step above those two.

Pay 50 Million and pay around 15 Million dependent on clauses is pay 5 Million if he makes 50 appearances for us...

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I think 50m (or thereabouts) would be within our expected range tbh, looking at how much Stones and Luiz cost for example. And VVD is a clear step above those two.
    Not trying to be funny but how much did Matip cost us, is he 50m better than what we paid for him, or what about the new lad Chelsea just bought, is he 20 to 30m better than him, you cant just use examples of the most wealthiest buys to deem a players value and console yourself thats ok then, I mean it may even be that Klopp thinks he is a 50m player, still dont mean we would buy him if we have not got 50m to spend on a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    I still think he will be a Liverpool player come kick off against Watford.
    Cutting it a bit close. We should officially sign him during the warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Cutting it a bit close. We should officially sign him during the warm up.
    You dont send a player out without propper warm up