Notices
Closed Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2996

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I've never been Sakho's biggest fan, but he was extremely good when Klopp first arrived, I thought he really turned a corner. Shame he got that injury, who knows what might have become of him had he kicked on from that start.
    Ideally I would have Sakho and Van Dijk together with Matip as the third, and a taxi for Lovren, stick Mignolet in the boot while we are at it.

I can't believe that Klopp still has all of this clutter in the first team, what has been doing all summer? Moreno is in the first team now, ugh I just don't know.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Ideally I would have Sakho and Van Dijk together with Matip as the third, and a taxi for Lovren, stick Mignolet in the boot while we are at it.

I can't believe that Klopp still has all of this clutter in the first team, what has been doing all summer? Moreno is in the first team now, ugh I just don't know.
    When Migs got that new contract I began to seriously worrry about the decisions being made tbh- he should've been out the door after his first season. And looking at us today, conceding from 3 crosses on the first day of the season, which has been a glaring weakness for god knows how long, just makes me think we're in genuine trouble because we're obviously going about fixing the problem the completely wrong way.

And we could've conceded a few more from open play too, we were carved apart a few times, which is another glaring weakness that seems to have no end.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Not sure if serious.
    I have the strange feeling he actually is.

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    If I were to be honest I would have to say that I am disappointed with the team that Klopp has built given the number of transfer windows and the current situation

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    When Migs got that new contract I began to seriously worrry about the decisions being made tbh- he should've been out the door after his first season. And looking at us today, conceding from 3 crosses on the first day of the season, which has been a glaring weakness for god knows how long, just makes me think we're in genuine trouble because we're obviously going about fixing the problem the completely wrong way.

And we could've conceded a few more from open play too, we were carved apart a few times, which is another glaring weakness that seems to have no end.
    With Mignolet still in goal and Lovren in the first team, along with Moreno getting a fresh start its like this is his first season in charge.

The first team should be strong in his 3rd season, shouldn't be hanging on these average players and Henderson shouldn't be the captain, it clear as day where he is going wrong. I don't understand, he's suppose to be a top manager with intelligent coaches around him.

I mean he drops Moreno last season, replaces him with a winger in Milner and this summer Moreno is clearly up for sale, and yet he's back in the first team ahead of Robertson. Its baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    If I were to be honest I would have to say that I am disappointed with the team that Klopp has built given the number of transfer windows and the current situation
    Same here mate. Same old **** as the time we finished 2nd with Rodgers. We went backwards that summer and it's looking like we are going to do the same this summer. I can't see Coutinho play for us again after the carry on yesterday. Which leaves our recruitment department a couple of weeks to make something happen and every club in Europe knows we'll have money. And I just can't see us getting Maced to make something happen.

With Mignolet still in goal and Lovren in the first team, along with Moreno getting a fresh start its like this is his first season in charge.

The first team should be strong in his 3rd season, shouldn't be hanging on these average players and Henderson shouldn't be the captain, it clear as day where he is going wrong. I don't understand, he's suppose to be a top manager with intelligent coaches around him.

I mean he drops Moreno last season, replaces him with a winger in Milner and this summer Moreno is clearly up for sale, and yet he's back in the first team ahead of Robertson. Its baffling.
    I think his weakness is that he believes in development probably too much, sometimes people just aren't good enough at whatever it is they're doing.

At the end of the day, good players make good teams. The cult of the coach is a bit of a fallacy, but it's a popular one these days.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

We needed 4 players of first team quality at the start of the window. So far we have 1

hands up who likes me
    Chigley militant socalists

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Same here mate. Same old **** as the time we finished 2nd with Rodgers. We went backwards that summer and it's looking like we are going to do the same this summer. I can't see Coutinho play for us again after the carry on yesterday. Which leaves our recruitment department a couple of weeks to make something happen and every club in Europe knows we'll have money. And I just can't see us getting Maced to make something happen.
    Our recruitment department has been woeful for some time now. The club will have known Barcelona would come calling for Coutinho this summer and they should have prepared properly for this but it certainly does not look like they have. There are still a few weeks left to try and strengthen but confidence is low.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    We needed 4 players of first team quality at the start of the window. So far we have 1
    yeah I would agree certainly 3 or 4 and again struggling with key targets

Our recruitment department has been woeful for some time now. The club will have known Barcelona would come calling for Coutinho this summer and they should have prepared properly for this but it certainly does not look like they have. There are still a few weeks left to try and strengthen but confidence is low.
    Yeah, it was old a long time ago. Feels more like a phycological torture at this point.

Salah aside, this window has been a disaster.

fredthecamel is offline First team regular

hhahhaha...

reality says we need a top quality keeper , 2 centre backs and a def mid and an attacking midfielder still before we are near the top top levels

how could you win anything with defending like we saw today... the forwards must get so ********** off winning us games only for the defense to let them down again

It was a poor performance by all, Salah could/should have scored more.
    It was the first game of the season, but we have all seen how this team can destroy their opponents.
    Getting VVD would no doubt help us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    It was the first game of the season, but we have all seen how this team can destroy their opponents.
    VVD alone is not enough. i think we would benefit from buying two new CBs. Van Dijk and Manolas. Matip and Lovren out of the team. both are average.offcource never going to happen with FSG and Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Themessangernr1 View Post
    VVD alone is not enough.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Themessangernr1 View Post
    i think we would benefit from buying two new CBs. Van Dijk and Manolas. Matip and Lovren out of the team. both are average.offcource never going to happen with FSG and Klopp
    Unfortunately you followed up your first bit with the rest, not knocking you other than there is more to it than just personnel. You could put the best four defenders and keeper available in our defence and they may well do better than our defence currently does, but one or two won't suddenly make it sold, they may end up dragged down with the rest of them.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    I noticed some say that of Salah, but if we're suggesting our forwards should have been more efficient, especially one on debut, to compensate defensive failings, I think the world is officially mad.

In NINETY FOUR percent of our Premier League games where we've scored 3+ goals that was enough to win, and only twice was it 'enough' to lose. But flip it around and we've conceded 3+ goals in 84 Premier League games and won only EIGHT. Bottom line is you score 3+ goals and you might reasonably expect to win, concede 3+ goals and you're doing well not to lose. (20/84 for us)

We should have been 5 2 up . Missed too many chances a top team score

another day and no sign we put out a bet:FP:

He has the option to join a club that is continuosly selling best players, has shocking defensive organisation and no midfield protection whatsoever, still no guarantee of CL competition, OR, join reigning champions, numerous big names, very solid and organized, a club nailed on for CL every year..

Ultimately it's his choice, but even with die-hard red-tinted glasses, it's difficult to feel optimistic.

Let's face it, we (our transfer department) blew our chances by not following the procedure. God only knows what repercussions will this have on us as Klopp seems unwilling to chase alternatives, but already tired of talking about our transfer department every fking transfer window.

If we really have 200 mill in our bank and the gaffer doesn't want players from the B list, go spend it on: a competent football director and buy the whole Southampton scouting department.
    Lets at least try and stop this negative trend of happening ever again at our club. Liverpool FC and the ocean of loyal supporters all over the world deserve better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    If we really have 200 mill in our bank
    I think the 200 mill was always rumoured and unproven, plenty of speculation on here which included a reported X million 'war chest' plus money from sales which have mostly failed to transpire

Reputedly we want 15m for Moreno, so play him at LB, and 35m for Sakho and any hope we had of selling him may have vanished with that price tag, especially with Palace signing a CB for much cheaper. Not that palace did very well yesterday, new manager, new system, bit of a disaster. Figured they and most might have been interested would look elsewhere, and we'd end up with a Sakho struggling to do much with him and he may (as) well be loaned out again at this rate.

Our sales have been reasonably sized, but still only excess baggage as opposed to players might bring in a decent 15m+

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    We should have been 5 2 up . Missed too many chances a top team score
    And we shouldn't have conceded 3, but best paper over the giant crack in defence and goal by scoring enough that even our defence couldn't leak enough goals not to win. :FP: Your illogic is up to it's usual standard

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I think the 200 mill was always rumoured and unproven, plenty of speculation on here which included a reported X million 'war chest' plus money from sales which have mostly failed to transpire

Reputedly we want 15m for Moreno, so play him at LB, and 35m for Sakho and any hope we had of selling him may have vanished with that price tag, especially with Palace signing a CB for much cheaper. Not that palace did very well yesterday, new manager, new system, bit of a disaster. Figured they and most might have been interested would look elsewhere, and we'd end up with a Sakho struggling to do much with him and he may (as) well be loaned out again at this rate.

Our sales have been reasonably sized, but still only excess baggage as opposed to players might bring in a decent 15m+
    You're always a good man for the numbers Darkness,

How much have we spent?
    How much have we brought in from what we've sold?
    How many have we brought in?
    How many have we shipped out?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    And we shouldn't have conceded 3, but best paper over the giant crack in defence and goal by scoring enough that even our defence couldn't leak enough goals not to win. :FP: Your illogic is up to it's usual standard
    Not to take any attention from the fact that our defense was dire at times, the attack really wasn't all that good either for vast stretches of the match. Even so, the fact is we had enough quality opportunities to score 5 or 6 and didn't. That is on the attackers not performing as well as they could/should have. The defense was poor and allowed 3 goals (although you could certainly argue that the attackers also contributed to at least 2 of them) but if you're going to blast the defense for not stopping the opposition when they could/should have (all 3 goals really) it's only fair to also blast the attackers for not scoring when they could/should have.

It's a team game and as a team we weren't up for yesterday's match and the outcome reflects that.

Just a thought if we can't get vvd why are we not useing sakho we value him at 30 mil which means he must be a good defender and won't play him seems germanklop is a bit of a idiot to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy1989 View Post
    Just a thought if we can't get vvd why army we useing sakho we value him at 30 mil which means he must be a good defender and won't play him seems germanklop is a bit of a idiot to me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWi8RiR7FU

Would not surprise me in the slightest if he were to sign for one of our rivals. We just seem to have the inability to get any big signings over the line

another day and still no bet from us(chelsea will do in a meantime):FP:

SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    another day and still no bet from us(chelsea will do in a meantime):FP:
    Not true, plenty of us have bet on him not going to Liverpool