Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

1. #1 Default Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back 
    Has run to 100 pages so new thread.

Are Liverpool pursuing this or is it just fan and media driven speculation now? Is he worth 70m? Is any CB 'worth' 70m? Do we even really need him or just better coaching and organisation?
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

We definitely need better than we have. No extra work or organisation will stop these frequent brain farts in defence.

Don't know if we are still interested or if he's worth that much but one thing is for sure he would certainly improve our defence. How much is that worth to us?

fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Has run to 100 pages so new thread.

Are Liverpool pursuing this or is it just fan and media driven speculation now? Is he worth 70m? Is any CB 'worth' 70m? Do we even really need him or just better coaching and organisation?
    hes not worth 70 million

is ny centre back worth 70 million... currently no i dont think there is any cb in the world worth that much

llindelof 30 rudiger 33.... van dyk is same category as these two....1 season in the epl top flight.. a season in which he was out injured for months.... 70 million 1 season woinder... dunno

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    We definitely need better than we have. No extra work or organisation will stop these frequent brain farts in defence.

Don't know if we are still interested or if he's worth that much but one thing is for sure he would certainly improve our defence. How much is that worth to us?
    taking lovren out of the 11 will

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Weird, I started a new VvD thread, with a star wars theme too. Looks like you got in first. Great shot kid, that was one in a million...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    taking lovren out of the 11 will
    And replace him with?

VVD does look tailor made for a Klopp system though.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Weird, I started a new VvD thread, with a star wars theme too. Looks like you got in first. Great shot kid, that was one in a million...
    You need to nudge us mate...only saw this one because of the FF request.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You need to nudge us mate...only saw this one because of the FF request.
    Ah, I don't like to pester!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    And replace him with?

VVD does look tailor made for a Klopp system though.
    i m not sure.... i dont think it would be difficult to improve upon him but its summer window and ideal targets must be top priority... but at 70 m i think better value can be had elsewhere...

i d have been reasonably happy with rudiger for 33 million to be totally honest

i d have been over the moon with bakayoko who seems a steal at 35 m... chelsea seem to be signing players i would like to sign.....strong defensive natured......

those 2 players would have solved our defensive issues for 70 million....rudiger and bakayoko.. thats what 70 m buys.. is vvd worth that much?.... i do not believe so

hes not worth 70 million

is ny centre back worth 70 million... currently no i dont think there is any cb in the world worth that much

llindelof 30 rudiger 33.... van dyk is same category as these two....1 season in the epl top flight.. a season in which he was out injured for months.... 70 million 1 season woinder... dunno
    Of course he's not worth 70 million. Duckface Ferdinand wasn't worth 30 million in in 2002. However the prices have inflated due to two reasons..supply and demand.

However with the prices recently bandied about. Michael Keane 30 million, Mhustafi 35 million, Stones 47.5 million, Mangala 42.5 million., Otamendi 38 million. The aforementioned have one thing in common...thry are mediocre. The prices are crazy. That's why i would judge the player..not the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Of course he's not worth 70 million. Duckface Ferdinand wasn't worth 30 million in in 2002. However the prices have inflated due to two reasons..supply and demand.

However with the prices recently bandied about. Michael Keane 30 million, Mhustafi 35 million, Stones 47.5 million, Mangala 42.5 million., Otamendi 38 million. The aforementioned have one thing in common...thry are mediocre. The prices are crazy. That's why i would judge the player..not the price.
    is keita worth twice what bakayoko is? not a chance

i d rather have baka at 35 than keita at 70

bakayoko was a top top performeer last season for monaco , his price is 35 million if reports are to be believed..... that should determine the price we need to pay for a midfielder of similar abilty . experience

yeah three of those are inflated prices of city s mega spending power.....

when rudiger is sold for 33 m and lindelof for 31 then i dont see how van dyk is worth rudiger plus bakayoko

yeah three of those are inflated prices of city s mega spending power.....

when rudiger is sold for 33 m and lindelof for 31 then i dont see how van dyk is worth rudiger plus bakayoko
    There seems to be a premium for PL proven. We've seen it year in year out.

Also another way of looking at it is we don't really play with a DM or three at the back and VVD is earmarked for our defence because he is so good he doesn't need two more cb's next to him and a DM in front of him.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Shouldn't a new VVD thread be created only when there's some sort of verifiable evidence to suggest he may be signing for us?

Because since the club released a statement ending their interest in him, there's been no change whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Shouldn't a new VVD thread be created only when there's some sort of verifiable evidence to suggest he may be signing for us?

Because since the club released a statement ending their interest in him, there's been no change whatsoever.
    exactly.erase this thread until something happens
    and get de vrij in meantime

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title

Where would we discuss all things VVD then?

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    exactly.erase this thread until something happens
    and get de vrij in meantime
    Don't post on it then.
    Last edited by Mouldiogs; 8-7-17 at 17:36.

is keita worth twice what bakayoko is? not a chance

i d rather have baka at 35 than keita at 70

bakayoko was a top top performeer last season for monaco , his price is 35 million if reports are to be believed..... that should determine the price we need to pay for a midfielder of similar abilty . experience
    You have to take the league's into account too. Bakayoko is coming from the French league, and in terms of competitiveness it rivals the SPL as it's pretty weak. Keita is in the Bundesliga and assisted a promoted team to finish runners up. It's like Leicester winning the English top flight. Leicester are an even bigger club than Leipzig with more wealth as the English league has far more wealth than any league except Last Liga.

As for similar ability. Bakayoko is being looked as as a Matic replacement, he's not a Kante but more Matic. Keita is Kante with a superior goals ratio and assist ratio. Is he still worth 70 million? Of course not, but then again Pogba was worth 8.9 million not 89 million.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Where would we discuss all things VVD then?
    What's to discuss?

What's to discuss?
    Will we, won't we bid, will he, won't he hand in transfer request,is he the best CB in pl etc etc.

What's to discuss?
    The pros and cons on whether or not Van Dijk would be a good signing for the price touted. It's comparing him to the inflated prices paid for garbage such as Stones, Mangala, Otamendi, Mhustafi, and mediocrity such as Michael Keane.

hes not worth 70 million

If he was, i guess a bidding war would push his price even further up

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If he was, i guess a bidding war would push his price even further up
    If he hadn't come out and say he wanted Liverpool move city and chavski would probably had a bidding war.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    You have to take the league's into account too. Bakayoko is coming from the French league, and in terms of competitiveness it rivals the SPL as it's pretty weak. Keita is in the Bundesliga and assisted a promoted team to finish runners up. It's like Leicester winning the English top flight. Leicester are an even bigger club than Leipzig with more wealth as the English league has far more wealth than any league except Last Liga.

As for similar ability. Bakayoko is being looked as as a Matic replacement, he's not a Kante but more Matic. Keita is Kante with a superior goals ratio and assist ratio. Is he still worth 70 million? Of course not, but then again Pogba was worth 8.9 million not 89 million.
    If this were even close to being true then he's definitely not worth 70m. He'd be worth more like 150m and would be the best midfielder on the planet.

On a side note I was almost about to congratulate you on making a post without mentioning anything Utd, but you couldn't help yourself and had to sneak in that last sentence.

If he hadn't come out and say he wanted Liverpool move city and chavski would probably had a bidding war.
    Didnt both clubs state that they are not willing to go above a price not near the asking price?

bakayoko ius champions league proven, keita is not however...

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Didnt both clubs state that they are not willing to go above a price not near the asking price?
    Really? Any link?

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    bakayoko ius champions league proven, keita is not however...
    He also played for a team who finished 8 points above the team that is currently trying to prize away our best player, and who beat Spurs home and away in the CL group stage, and knocked out City and Dortmund. I'd say that's quite the step above anything from the SPL...

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    He also played for a team who finished 8 points above the team that is currently trying to prize away our best player, and who beat Spurs home and away in the CL group stage, and knocked out City and Dortmund. I'd say that's quite the step above anything from the SPL...
    keita does excel both as a dm and an am..... not something many players can actually do... he could be a midfield tiger for us...

Really? Any link?
    Cooper from sky said it about city and http://readchelsea.com/2017/06/22/ch...rgil-van-dijk/