Notices
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 2996

Thread: Virgil Van Dijk Episode II - the rumour mill strikes back

  1. #391  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,888
    Van Dijk will be here next season, I'd be very confident of that.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #392  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,401
    Irrespective of the reports, I have a feeling this one is going to gather pace once we've signed Keita.

    I'm almost 100% convinced that Liverpool are signing Robertson, Keita and Van Dijk.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #393  
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,054
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    But he's not feigning injury - he's saying he's fit, Southampton saying not in full training yet. Maybe mixed messages, maybe they're both right. Maybe significant, maybe not.

    The Keita stories are interesting though - if he's pulling sickies it really does look like a 'play'.
    Did sterling not do the same with us?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #394  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,421
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I just glance through these every day.

    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...o9npViFp-Cfv6A
    'According to the rag' features in each report.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #395  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    143
    He has the quality but 70m is too much and exaggerated , maybe even out of anger because of how Lfc have been taking players from Southampton these recent years.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #396  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    143
    Then if not this season then we will face some difficulties. Considering that Lucas is gone, Sakho have no chance at Anfield with JK still there. Joe Gomes will have chance to improve . But most of our center backs are not that good in the air especially conners and set pieces .
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #397  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    143
    It seems after Robertson the will be no signings any more for Lfc because the two targets are just too expensive unless there have bee change in policy and there is money.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #398  
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    143
    Keita just forget . Not this Summer. Our rival have gone crazy. Chelsea, Man. City and Man U are rampaging the market . At least Chelsea have quality players whom they are offloading to recover money from, and are selling most of their young player.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #399  
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamaboy View Post
    It seems after Robertson the will be no signings any more for Lfc because the two targets are just too expensive unless there have bee change in policy and there is money.
    Na, cant see that mate, nailed on there will be more signings.
    We won't conquer the world, just the ball, every ******* time.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #400  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,281
    now is also arsenal after him
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #401  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,526
    Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    now is also arsenal after him
    If he only wants to come to Liverpool what's t.he point of these fictional links other than to bump the price up.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #402  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,743
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    If he only wants to come to Liverpool what's t.he point of these fictional links other than to bump the price up.
    If Liverpool don't match the bid offered and therefore Arsenal have their's accepted and we don't, he'll have two choices, stay put or move to Arsenal....... Unless you are one who subscribes to the idea that a player holds all the cards and can make his club sell him to who he wants, just like some subscribe to the idea if one club's offer of say £15m is accepted and the player turns the club's terms down that the club can get £15m for the player........ (only if another club offers it that the player will agree terms, just like saints don't have to sell to us for lower price just because VVD reputedly only wants to come here)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #403  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,743
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
    Na, cant see that mate, nailed on there will be more signings.
    I'd be very surprised also, tend to sign 5-8 a summer/season (10 of the last 13 seasons, only 1 season less than 5) and only way I can see that not happening is if we signed two players at over £50m apiece and even then, given money around, might not be it - depending on budget and sales

    17/18 (2 @ £37m) Salah, Solanke - so far
    16/17 (6 @ £62m) Matip, Karius, Mane, Klavan, Manninger, Wijnaldum

    15/16 (8 @ £79m) Gomez, Milner, Ings, Bogdan, Firmino, Clyne, Benteke, Grujic
    14/15 (8 @ £117m) Lambert, Lallana, Can, Markovic, Lovren, Origi, Moreno, Balotelli
    13/14 (6 @ £45m) Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Toure, Ilori, Sakho
    12/13 (5 @ £48m) Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Sturridge, Coutinho

    11/12 (7 @ £55m) Henderson, Adam, Doni, Downing, Enrique, Coates, Bellamy
    10/11 (10 @ £98m) Shelvey, Jovanovic, Wilson, Cole, Poulsen, Jones, Konchesky, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll

    09/10 (4 @ £40m) Aquilani, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez
    08/09 (7 @ £39m) Degen, Dossena, Cavalieri, N'Gog, Keane, Gulacsi, Riera
    07/08 (8 @ £65m) Torres, Babel, Lucas, Itandje, Leto, Plessis, Skrtel, Mascherano
    06/07 (7 @ £28m) Bellamy, Paletta, Aurelio, Pennant, Kuyt, El Zhar, Arbeloa
    05/06 (11 @ £27m) Reina, Zenden, Sissoko, Crouch, Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Martin, Agger, Fowler, Hobbs, Anderson
    04/05 (8 @ £40m) Carson, Cisse, Josemi, Nunez, Alonso, Garcia, Pellegrino, Morientes

    Figures are rough, not meant to be an audit only for guidance on kind of ballpark spend. Note the big spend of £117m came with the money from Suarez, even though we got £65m for him. I've tried to streamline who is and isn't included, one or two like Gulacsi I've slipped in but really makes only one difference on the count and little on the £££

    So Rafa only once brought in less than 7-8 players, that season didn't bode well but probably more quality than quantity the issue, we spent plenty in the managerial roundabout seasons, but whilst a load were pretty rubbish, we did land Suarez, Henderson and got something out of Bellamy short term. Rodgers brought in 5 in his first season and never less than that. The sums have varied, but Rafa never spent shedloads in his time, Rodgers only a couple of seasons over £50m and Klopp has yet to spend big.

    Rafa spent a bit of money on Dossena, Johnson, Aquilani, Babel and Keane and for me that is where he went off course. He did spend well on Mascherano, Torres, and Alonso, but most of his best buys were in the bracket below that. If Salah proves as worthwhile as Mane then we'll know that kind of money is well spent. Hard to believe Rafa only spent around £40m a season average, and in 3 and a bit seasons Rodgers spent 1.5 times as much as Rafa in 6, although if Klopp gets what he wants for some of Rodgers' signings he could recoup a 1/6 in two sales - more a testament to crazy money spending than outright quality.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #404  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,185
    Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    now is also arsenal after him
    He wants liverpool and CL football.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #405  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamaboy View Post
    Keita just forget . Not this Summer. Our rival have gone crazy. Chelsea, Man. City and Man U are rampaging the market . At least Chelsea have quality players whom they are offloading to recover money from, and are selling most of their young player.
    Rampaging the market? Correct me if I'm wrong, Chelsea have made 1 major signing, United have made 2 and City have made 3.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #406  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    If he only wants to come to Liverpool what's t.he point of these fictional links other than to bump the price up.
    Reports saying the Arse have bid £45m, if true, they are actually doing us a favour and bringing the bidding down. We can now offer £50m and look generous.....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #407  
    SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,355
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Rampaging the market? Correct me if I'm wrong, Chelsea have made 1 major signing, United have made 2 and City have made 3.
    United have spent £106 million on 2 players - news from Italy is that they have agreed a fee of £45 million for Perisic. £150 million on 3 players
    City have spent £134 million on 4 players - Ederson, Silva, Douglas Luiz, Walker
    Chelsea £70 million on 2 players - we are all waiting for the £70 million+ striker though
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #408  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    United have spent £106 million on 2 players - news from Italy is that they have agreed a fee of £45 million for Perisic. £150 million on 3 players
    City have spent £134 million on 4 players - Ederson, Silva, Douglas Luiz, Walker
    Chelsea £70 million on 2 players - we are all waiting for the £70 million+ striker though
    I'm not so sure about this.

    They've hardly set the world alight so far. I don't mean to belittle their efforts I just don't think they're doing anything spectacular.

    United have signed a striker who has a first touch of a dead rocking horse for nearly half the amount of their total expenditure and are due to massively overpay on someone who seems to be a plan B. Lindelöf is a question mark. Although Lukaku is a great goalscorer, I doubt he'll turn his game and style around now, certainly not overnight so he's bound to have problems at United. Perisic, while a good player is not a game changer and already 28, hardly worths 45 mil.

    City are gambling with their oil money as usual and besides Walker, all of them could be massive flops and Walker won't solve their defensive problems either. I just don't get City's transfer policy.

    Chelsea's done the best business out of the three so far I think, but they've also managed to invite some trouble on themselves as they are under heavy pressure to sign a proven striker now, after alienating Costa.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #409  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Van Dijk will be here next season, I'd be very confident of that.
    18/19?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #410  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,771
    Some very negative posts on here about our transfer business this season. We have 2 players who want to come to us and we've shown we are willing to get them. Never did the club ever mention the cost being too high, just on these forums. If other clubs had a similar situation, most would be saying its a closed deal, they'll pay what they have to.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #411  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    United have spent £106 million on 2 players - news from Italy is that they have agreed a fee of £45 million for Perisic. £150 million on 3 players
    City have spent £134 million on 4 players - Ederson, Silva, Douglas Luiz, Walker
    Chelsea £70 million on 2 players - we are all waiting for the £70 million+ striker though
    That's just because the market is so inflated, them 4 city have bought aren't worth that total. Who else have Chelsea bought apart from Bakayoko? Lukaku wasn't worth that money either, the markets inflated I wouldn't say anyone has made any major moves in terms of top clubs yet. Lacazzete is the best signing so far in terms of what clubs need and how much it would improve them.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #412  
    lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    I thought £50m was too much but if Klopp wanted him, then fine, pay it.

    £75m, come on. There's similar talent out there for half the cost.

    £40 plus Sakho, do it.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #413  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,771
    Is the football market inflated? or is it a growing business that has more global potential and growth revenue now than any other sport?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #414  
    lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Is the football market inflated? or is it a growing business that has more global potential and growth revenue now than any other sport?
    That is literally what inflated means.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #415  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    That's just because the market is so inflated, them 4 city have bought aren't worth that total. Who else have Chelsea bought apart from Bakayoko? Lukaku wasn't worth that money either, the markets inflated I wouldn't say anyone has made any major moves in terms of top clubs yet. Lacazzete is the best signing so far in terms of what clubs need and how much it would improve them.
    Chelsea's got Rüdiger and Caballero as well but one of them is a second choice keeper and the other is a vastly unproven young CB. I agree with you on Lacazette.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #416  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Some very negative posts on here about our transfer business this season. We have 2 players who want to come to us and we've shown we are willing to get them. Never did the club ever mention the cost being too high, just on these forums. If other clubs had a similar situation, most would be saying its a closed deal, they'll pay what they have to.
    No we'll show that if and when we make a bid that is accepted.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #417  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    That is literally what inflated means.
    I am no financial expert, however doesn't inflation mean prices are unreasonably high compared to the overall cost of a business? As a business attracts new customers, like Asia/ America, it can afford to pay more to its key employers
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #418  
    lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
    No we'll show that if and when we make a bid that is accepted.
    We made a £57m bid. That destroys our transfer record by 20+m.... clearly we are willing to try and get them.

    You're statement is silly.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #419  
    lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,219
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    I am no financial expert, however doesn't inflation mean prices are unreasonably high compared to the overall cost of a business?
    Lack of supply increases the price per unit. (maybe 'literally' was the wrong word )
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #420  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Lack of supply increases the price per unit. (maybe 'literally' was the wrong word )
    We should be jumping on the football gravy train. ASAP
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •