Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1271

Thread: Alien Life

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    But smoke doesn't rise.
    smoke particles gets carried by the hot gases. As soon as the gas cool down the particles falls(pulled down by imagine this, Gravity) . Best example is ashes
    So when they are lighter they rise and when they are heavier they fall? astonishing I must say.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    So when they are lighter they rise and when they are heavier they fall? astonishing I must say.
    Then beat it. You could revolutionize our entire understanding of how it works. And you could win a Nobel prize.
    WirralRiddler the bright star in the world of science

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Then beat it. You could revolutionize our entire understanding of how it works. And you could win a Nobel prize.
    WirralRiddler the bright star in the world of science
    I'm just saying neither of those things depend on "gravity" like you keep insisting they do.

I'm just saying neither of those things depend on "gravity" like you keep insisting they do.
    When are you going to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by xaiax View Post
    I love how things are moving about without any external forces being applied. Amazing.
    Like say a planet spinning?

When are you going to prove it?
    Next Tuesday.

When are you going to prove gravity?

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Yes of course locks raise and lower it. However the elevation of the entire length of the canal reads 28m. Click on any point yourself. However we have established the elevation should curve, not be flat/constant...have we not?
    We have established it follows an equal distance from the planets centre and established there are locks at the beginning and end raising it from 0 (sea level) to plus 28m focussed on the planets centre. This is not flat (as in drawing a straight line from start to finish) although the perception at human level is that its flat, mainly because your eyes are not accurate enough to detect the curvature of the earths surface over a 43 mile stretch (if you could see that far). That seems to be the crux of the FES, "I cant see it so it doesn't exist", even though it was worked out with a decent degree of accuracy over 2 thousand years ago, an experiment that has stood the test of time and can be replicated. I can see many FES members rushing to undertake that experiment though, I wonder why?
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Next Tuesday.

When i make a time machine and displace Newton

Next Tuesday.

He has a mathematical theory that someone else has come up with but that he fully understands...

When i make a time machine and displace Newton
    Wow.

Newton? Are you sure?

I would be tempted to use a smiley here.

Newton?

Not the revised Einstein version?

He has a mathematical theory that someone else has come up with but that he fully understands...
    Like religion?

Quote Originally Posted by xaiax View Post
    Gravity has an equal and opposite force, basically because it is a force.

Easy this assertion stuff.
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...iametric-drive

Wow.

Newton? Are you sure?

I would be tempted to use a smiley here.

Newton?

Not the revised Einstein version?
    More fun to throw things from hights after people
    Last edited by Anubis; 12-1-18 at 17:07.

Like religion?
    You tell me...is your belief in Gravity religious.

Newton? Eek. I honestly thought we had moved on with the mathematics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    We have established it follows an equal distance from the planets centre and established there are locks at the beginning and end raising it from 0 (sea level) to plus 28m focussed on the planets centre. This is not flat (as in drawing a straight line from start to finish) although the perception at human level is that its flat, mainly because your eyes are not accurate enough to detect the curvature of the earths surface over a 43 mile stretch (if you could see that far). That seems to be the crux of the FES, "I cant see it so it doesn't exist", even though it was worked out with a decent degree of accuracy over 2 thousand years ago, an experiment that has stood the test of time and can be replicated. I can see many FES members rushing to undertake that experiment though, I wonder why?
    That experiment you keep on about only works if you first assume the earth the be a globe or sphere in the first place. A pretty big assumption to make.

Interesting. Is it polarized photons?

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Sorry you are really missing this.

The measurement is not from the planets center (I take it this is a perfect sphere too...not the oblate spheroid that NASA tell us?). The measurement is elevation above sea level 0m. The elevation should change surely to represent the curvature.

You tell me...is your belief in Gravity religious.

Newton? Eek. I honestly thought we had moved on with the mathematics etc.
    You are acting like a child having a tantrum over the mention of the bow and arrow. Because today we have machine guns.
    even if one thing led to the other.. And what is this thread actually to you?
    A personal feeding ground for that giant ego of yours?
    Last edited by Anubis; 12-1-18 at 17:40.

This is still going on! Maybe start a new thread or - hint: unless you are enjoying it, and as tempting as it is, don't feed the trolls. The point has been proved a number of times in this thread already but if you expect them to say "yes, ok you are right and the point is proved" it will NEVER happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    This is still going on! Maybe start a new thread or - hint: unless you are enjoying it, and as tempting as it is, don't feed the trolls. The point has been proved a number of times in this thread already but if you expect them to say "yes, ok you are right and the point is proved" it will NEVER happen.
    Wanted to ask you if there were any news on Oumuamua. But you probably wouldn't see it cause of the flat earth spamming

Quote Originally Posted by Pooler-70 View Post
    Life is definitely abundant in the universe but intelligent life is a different thing entirely. One earlier poster commented on the 'seemingly easy way life began on earth' but this is not true. The odds of us being here as intelligent life is absolutely staggering and one school of thought is that those odds completely outweigh the number of habitable planets.

Personally I think that life is prevalent across the universe but it is entirely feasible that intelligent life has not evolved anywhere else but our own planet.
    I think if life is prevalent, then instances of intelligence must also be prevalent, whether they cross paths in space and time or not.

Either life is incredibly rare or complex life is common, I just cannot see a middle ground possibility

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Lets be honest, if someone starts a flat earth thread it will be overrun with trolls just taking ****. I assume we are pretty well hidden in here, many just probably think we're still talking about Aliens.

The trolls being the ones who are convinced on the ball earth mainly because "science" told them.

Lets be honest, if someone starts a flat earth thread it will be overrun with trolls just taking ****. I assume we are pretty well hidden in here, many just probably assume we're still talking about Aliens.

The trolls being the ones who are convinced on the ball earth mainly because "science" told them.
    Derailing a thread is a offense that can end in a ban

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    If you actually laughed at the post you responded to you are easily amused.

I see you have singularly avoided mentioning the curvature of the panama canal today, instead going for the gratuitous smiley approach.
    One emoji = gratuitous smiley approach? Odd definition of gratuitous you have there, but fair enough I'll try and keep it to a minimum as I can see it's caused you great confusion and distress.

And as I said the other day, your lack of understanding/comprehension is not my concern (and vice versa) and I said I wouldn't be commenting on that subject again (not sure how or why it's been brought up again anywho, thought we'd moved past that), as much of what you were asking made very little sense (could be just my lack of comprehension at play again, although Eloader the engineer held the same opinion so...) and we were just going round in circles (or is that straight lines?)...

Oh and referring to satellites as 'nonsense' did make me laugh, I guess I'm easily amused, guilty as charged.
    Last edited by steviewonder87; 12-1-18 at 20:23.

Derailing a thread is a offense that can end in a ban
    If you feel we are derailing the thread then ask us to, I figured you guys had slowed the pace and wanted thoughts on flat Earth from people who are obviously round Earthers. If we don't get any respect or proper debate from you guys what do you think will happen in a flat Earth established thread?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    One emoji = gratuitous smiley approach? Odd definition of gratuitous you have there, but fair enough I'll try and keep it to a minimum as I can see it's caused you great confusion and distress.

And as I said the other day, your lack of understanding/comprehension is not my concern (and vice versa) and I said I wouldn't be commenting on that subject again (not sure how or why it's been brought up again anywho, thought we'd moved past that), as much of what you were asking made very little sense (could be just my lack of comprehension at play again, although Eloader the engineer held the same opinion so...) and we were just going round in circles (or is that straight lines?)...

Oh and referring to satellites as 'nonsense' did make me laugh, I guess I'm easily amused, guilty as charged.
    I did that, I have proof that the metals satellites are made from can't stand the heat up there and should melt.

Quote Originally Posted by zedbimmer View Post
    If you feel we are derailing the thread then ask us to, I figured you guys had slowed the pace and wanted thoughts on flat Earth from people who are obviously round Earthers. If we don't get any respect or proper debate from you guys what do you think will happen in a flat Earth established thread?
    Make one and see

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by zedbimmer View Post
    I did that, I have proof that the metals satellites are made from can't stand the heat up there and should melt.
    Where is your proof?

Oh, and I assume by you saying they would heat up, you agree with the scientific consensus that Earth has an atmosphere then?
    Last edited by steviewonder87; 13-1-18 at 16:58.

Sorry you are really missing this.

The measurement is not from the planets center (I take it this is a perfect sphere too...not the oblate spheroid that NASA tell us?). The measurement is elevation above sea level 0m. The elevation should change surely to represent the curvature.
    For the purpose of trying to understand what you are saying, Lets just assume a perfect sphere for now, not that it matters a great deal when we are looking at such a small portion of the earth. The measurement of sea level is from the planets gravitational centre btw its just that its been adjusted to 0.00 for ease of use. (no doubt you've come across datum points before).

Not wanting to sound snarky but maybe you can say what you think is the situation instead of us guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post

Just to clarify, I'm not the Engineer, rhoscoch is the one with connections to that field (which surprises me in some of his views unless he's doing a little trolling). I'm an architect so I have some appreciation of structural engineering from college/uni and through everyday work.

This whole thing seems to be centred on "Well I didn't see it" type of arguments against accepted norms. Norms that can be demonstrated and replicated using the scientific method without even stepping foot on a space ship.