Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1890

Thread: Alien Life

  1. #1561  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    That we know nothing?
    More, that you put blind faith in something that 1) you don't fully understand and 2) is just a theory, subject to change, which is factual.

    Jay, you, Stevie all know for sure that you are correct and have the strength of that conviction and that is fine.

    I think you should all look at how you have reacted to even the slightest challenge to that 'knowledge' and then ask yourselves why you feel the need to react in such a manner.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1562  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    No, you just attempt to belittle people with the temerity to be open to other possibilities...so much better, I wish I had your moral fortitude, instead I just choose to question everything.
    I question everything but people.
    probably why i don't waste my life derailing threads
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1563  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    More, that you put blind faith in something that 1) you don't fully understand and 2) is just a theory, subject to change.
    You concluded that on a forum? Wow what a badass you are
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1564  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Very good shout.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1565  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You concluded that on a forum? Wow what a badass you are
    It wasn't hard to be honest.

    I just paid attention.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1566  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    More, that you put blind faith in something that 1) you don't fully understand and 2) is just a theory, subject to change, which is factual.

    Jay, you, Stevie all know for sure that you are correct and have the strength of that conviction and that is fine.

    I think you should all look at how you have reacted to even the slightest challenge to that 'knowledge' and then ask yourselves why you feel the need to react in such a manner.
    Hey if you want to post anything that provides actual evidence to the contrary I'm all ears.

    But you haven't.

    And no, memes and dubious Youtube videos don't qualify, sorry.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1567  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    It wasn't hard to be honest.

    I just paid attention.
    So do I. Lately i find it fascinating how early and how strong a strong ego is created.
    so a phd in psychology as well roschoch?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1568  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post

    BTW - we are actually championing science, which admits it needs more work to perfect. You are championing a phenomenon which cant be proven to exist, fails various experiments that are applied to it and cites conspiracy whenever space is mentioned.
    That right there is the crux of the argument.

    Then he actually has the temerity to tell us we know nothing, whilst claiming the earth is flat.

    You couldn't make it up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1569  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,321
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    No, you just attempt to belittle people with the temerity to be open to other possibilities...so much better, I wish I had your moral fortitude, instead I just choose to question everything.
    You keep hiding behind this idea that you are simply open to other ideas.

    Be honest, just say it.

    You believe the earth is flat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1570  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    You keep hiding behind this idea that you are simply open to other ideas.

    Be honest, just say it.

    You believe the earth is flat.
    Open to ideas and facts don't go well together.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1571  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,321
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    More, that you put blind faith in something that 1) you don't fully understand and 2) is just a theory, subject to change, which is factual.

    Jay, you, Stevie all know for sure that you are correct and have the strength of that conviction and that is fine.

    I think you should all look at how you have reacted to even the slightest challenge to that 'knowledge' and then ask yourselves why you feel the need to react in such a manner.
    No the idea that the earth is not flat, sure as hell ain't a theory. It's a fact.

    It's as much a fact as the fact we breathe oxygen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1572  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Open to ideas and facts don't go well together.
    I don't know why he refuses to just say it.

    At least WirralRiddler can openly say he thinks it's flat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1573  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    No the idea that the earth is not flat, sure as hell ain't a theory. It's a fact.

    It's as much a fact as the fact we breathe oxygen.
    That reminds me, we still haven't established yet the answer to the real question yet - is oxygen big?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1574  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    That reminds me, we still haven't established yet the answer to the real question yet - is oxygen big?
    For a gluon it is
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1575  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,321
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    That reminds me, we still haven't established yet the answer to the real question yet - is oxygen big?
    Let me tell you something OK, oxygen is big. I mean real big.

    It's all fake news.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1576  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    I don't know why he refuses to just say it.

    At least WirralRiddler can openly say he thinks it's flat.
    Perhaps because I don't know?

    Which would be entirely consistent with my posts.

    I am glad you know for sure having tested it for yourself.

    Enjoy.

    (10 posts attempting to belittle/ridicule since I was last in the thread...you guys really appear triggered, this must be really really upsetting to you)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1577  
    WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    You are so unbelievablely misguided it is actually sad.

    Then when challenged, you don't even have the balls to try and offer any sort of proof.

    At least rhoscoch has been arguing and at least trying to back up his belief.
    Does this ring any bells?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    You want to me to explain in a post on an internet forum, something that the books I make mention of, take hundreds of pages to explain?
    Why is it alright for you but not for me?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1578  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    That right there is the crux of the argument.

    Then he actually has the temerity to tell us we know nothing, whilst claiming the earth is flat.

    You couldn't make it up.
    I've lost count of the number of times I've posted up foolproof ways to prove the earth is roughly a globe and its been ignored. I think this is less about challenging peoples "beliefs" and more about making fools out of those who fall into the traps that laymen inevitably fall into.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1579  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    Does this ring any bells?



    Why is it alright for you but not for me?
    If you're going to argue against a scientific theory (which is not the same as a theory, look it up) that has been supported for hundreds of years by various sources, experiments and evidence - including outright visual - you probably should come to the table with more than just silly memes. We all still have absolutely no idea what you even base your belief on.

    Actually it goes even further with you doesn't it? You said you don't believe in the Big Bang, evolution, space, pretty much everything science is based on right? I'd assume you must have some serious evidence to back it up, otherwise you'd end up just looking like a lunatic...
    Last edited by steviewonder87; 1-2-18 at 17:37.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1580  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Perhaps because I don't know?

    Which would be entirely consistent with my posts.

    I am glad you know for sure having tested it for yourself.

    Enjoy.

    (10 posts attempting to belittle/ridicule since I was last in the thread...you guys really appear triggered, this must be really really upsetting to you)
    Appear triggered? Did you just admit you are trolling?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1581  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Appear triggered? Did you just admit you are trolling?
    No.

    Just an observation.

    Anyone can read the 10 responses between my two posts and see them for exactly what they are.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1582  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,681
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    Does this ring any bells?



    Why is it alright for you but not for me?
    Because the Earth being roughly a globe is considered fact, the flat earth is not. The burden of proof is yours. There's a reason this is a largely underground phenomenon with no scientific method applied to it.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1583  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    No.

    Just an observation.

    Anyone can read the 10 responses between my two posts and see them for exactly what they are.
    If you write stuff only to trigger certain responses = trolling
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1584  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    No.

    Just an observation.

    Anyone can read the 10 responses between my two posts and see them for exactly what they are.
    You sound triggered, are you triggered?

    Edit: added an emoji.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1585  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Of you stuff only to trigger certain responses = trolling
    Right you are trying to blame me for your responses attempting to ridicule me now = victim blaming.

    I'm afraid you own your own posts Anubis.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1586  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    You sound triggered, are you triggered?

    Edit: added an emoji.
    Perfectly happy with my open mind as you are with your closed mind.

    Each to their own.

    (water curves and is never flat, it is held in place on a spinning ball by gravity and you are able to demonstrate this, that is fine, as soon as I have established this for myself I will concur, until that point I am open to all possibilities).

    Now feel free to bang on about turtles or Mummy how big is oxygen, it obviously makes you feel better somehow. Gives you comfort (doesn't your blind faith provide enough or something?)
    Last edited by rhoscoch; 1-2-18 at 17:46.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1587  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Right you are trying to blame me for your responses attempting to ridicule me now = victim blaming.

    I'm afraid you own your own posts Anubis.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1588  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Right you are trying to blame me for your responses attempting to ridicule me now = victim blaming.

    I'm afraid you own your own posts Anubis.
    So i am derailing a thread about aliens with flat earth to see how people are triggered by it
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1589  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    So i am derailing a thread about aliens with flat earth to see how people are triggered by it
    I'm guessing Aliens would also have to contend with Gravity?

    Also as previously mentioned as I understand it the beliefs of flatties may very well preclude the existence of Aliens?

    I'm perfectly open to the possibility that Aliens exist...or don't.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1590  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15,941
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Perfectly happy with my open mind as you are with your closed mind.

    Each to their own.

    (water curves and is never flat, it is held in place on a spinning ball by gravity and you are able to demonstrate this, that is fine, as soon as I have established this for myself I will concur, until that point I am open to all possibilities).

    Now feel free to bang on about turtles or Mummy how big is oxygen, it obviously makes you feel better somehow. Gives you comfort (doesn't your blind faith provide enough or something?)
    Thought playing with 'toys' wasn't acceptable proof of anything for you?

    Also you sound very triggered. Why are you so triggered?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •