Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 122

Thread: Sturridge

  1. #31  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,143
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    I don't think he'll be a first team regular either but that does not mean he won't be a signficant asset over the season. We'll see. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but I like the spark I've seen thus far.
    The fact he was fit and ready during the latter part of last season and wasn't started tells you everything you need to know and yet when he got on he did ok, the goal at West Ham showed his worth as a squad player.

    It will be interesting to see where Ings, Origi and Sturridge all fit in and how they are used this season assuming they all stay.

    Right now I still couldnt tell you who is better out of Ings and Origi.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,143
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    1. He will stay fit the entire season.
    2. He will score 20+ goals in all comps.

    You heard it here first.
    For who ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31,980
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    The fact he was fit and ready during the latter part of last season and wasn't started tells you everything you need to know and yet when he got on he did ok, the goal at West Ham showed his worth as a squad player.

    It will be interesting to see where Ings, Origi and Sturridge all fit in and how they are used this season assuming they all stay.

    Right now I still couldnt tell you who is better out of Ings and Origi.
    If I were Klopp and decided early in the second half of the tight game that I wanted to go with 2 up front, with perhaps Mane and Salah out wide behind, I'm putting Sturridge on with Firmino most times.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,143
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    If I were Klopp and decided early in the second half of the tight game that I wanted to go with 2 up front, with perhaps Mane and Salah out wide behind, I'm putting Sturridge on with Firmino most times.
    A big if though given we rarely played that way at all last season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    279
    Has not done enough for a long time now. Does not convince me at all at the moment. Problem is would anyone pay the sort of money we would want for him and who would pay his wages.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    808
    Class player, lovely to see him looking fit and strong again!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    1. He will stay fit the entire season.
    2. He will score 20+ goals in all comps.

    You heard it here first.
    Stranger things...

    Hoping he realises this is his last chance saloon and exorcises his demons.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    MaradonaTheGreatest is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,735
    People living in the past. Sturridge has not shown anything of significance over the last 3 years to merit a place in the team. He will again rot on the bench, and as a matter of fact I expect to see him out of the squad entirely for many games throughout the season even if fit. He knows the situation quite well and will have himself to blame when he doesn't get the starts he desires. He'll be utilized as a cup games specialist and that he will not like.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by MaradonaTheGreatest View Post
    People living in the past. Sturridge has not shown anything of significance over the last 3 years to merit a place in the team. He will again rot on the bench, and as a matter of fact I expect to see him out of the squad entirely for many games throughout the season even if fit. He knows the situation quite well and will have himself to blame when he doesn't get the starts he desires. He'll be utilized as a cup games specialist and that he will not like.
    I'd love it if you had to eat those words.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by MaradonaTheGreatest View Post
    People living in the past. Sturridge has not shown anything of significance over the last 3 years to merit a place in the team. He will again rot on the bench, and as a matter of fact I expect to see him out of the squad entirely for many games throughout the season even if fit. He knows the situation quite well and will have himself to blame when he doesn't get the starts he desires. He'll be utilized as a cup games specialist and that he will not like.
    League
    CL/Uefa
    FA Cup
    League Cup

    Liverpool were on their knees by January with no Europe and getting kicked out of both cups relatively early. The entire squad is going to have to be used like never bother.
    But carry on with your speculation that Sturridge wont get games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by MaradonaTheGreatest View Post
    People living in the past. Sturridge has not shown anything of significance over the last 3 years to merit a place in the team. He will again rot on the bench, and as a matter of fact I expect to see him out of the squad entirely for many games throughout the season even if fit. He knows the situation quite well and will have himself to blame when he doesn't get the starts he desires. He'll be utilized as a cup games specialist and that he will not like.
    Sturridge's goal against Sevilla was one of the most significant goals over the past 3 years so I have no idea how you can claim that.

    We were also lost, losing to Stoke a few months ago until Sturridge's defence-splitting pass led to our equalizer. Had he not been available for the season run-in, we probably would't have finished in the top 4. No one's saying he's a starter, but he's certainly nowhere near as worthless as you're implying.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,151
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post

    Sturridge's goal against Sevilla was one of the most significant goals over the past 3 years so I have no idea how you can claim that.
    We were also lost, losing to Stoke a few months ago until Sturridge's defence-splitting pass led to our equalizer. Had he not been available for the season run-in, we probably would't have finished in the top 4. No one's saying he's a starter, but he's certainly nowhere near as worthless as you're implying.
    You do have some serious points there. I am conflicted over Sturridge. he is as good as you can get to come off the bench or even start some matches. The problem is that with injuries, he is not available hence he's too much a luxury player. but that should not diminish him as a striker extraordinaire. If we get someone to cough 20-25 million, we should take it. Anything less than 20 million pounds, id rather we keep him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    109
    Klopp now saying he's fitter than he's seen before
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ctnumpty1 View Post
    Klopp now saying he's fitter than he's seen before
    Spent the whole of the summer strengthening his hips and back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,311
    Quote Originally Posted by ctnumpty1 View Post
    Klopp now saying he's fitter than he's seen before
    He said the same thing about 6 months ago.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by ctnumpty1 View Post
    Klopp now saying he's fitter than he's seen before
    He does look more stacked than ever.

    A fit Sturridge for 30 games will let us challenge on all fronts.

    It's been said before but, fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    He said the same thing about 6 months ago.
    And Sturridge is now fitter than that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,464
    Let's have another song for Sturridge thread....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    70,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    He said the same thing about 6 months ago.
    and ex players have always said after a very long time off it takes more than a year to get back to where you were... maybe we are now seeing that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,311
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    and ex players have always said after a very long time off it takes more than a year to get back to where you were... maybe we are now seeing that.
    Give it a week or two.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,751
    A fit Sturridge starts.

    A fit Sturridge back in his peak is as good as anyone in the league

    A fit Sturridge is now not really a thing
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Let's have another song for Sturridge thread....
    Natalie Imbuglia - Torn.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Natalie Imbuglia - Torn.





    I was on the sell band wagon but I'll be honest, a fit sturridge is a force to be reckoned with , just can't shake the feeling it's not gonna last
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    16,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingrobbiefowler View Post





    I was on the sell band wagon but I'll be honest, a fit sturridge is a force to be reckoned with , just can't shake the feeling it's not gonna last
    love sturridge class when fit . looks like he is staying
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    love sturridge class when fit . looks like he is staying
    If Sturridge played every game in the prem , he would score 20+ easy , if not then I really would cash in
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    70,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingrobbiefowler View Post
    If Sturridge played every game in the prem , he would score 20+ easy , if not then I really would cash in
    but look at it another way. we score more than enough goals so he doesnt/ NEED to start every game or be relied upon. but what an option if actually fit fopr those tight games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    821
    He's only an option if he is fit
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingrobbiefowler View Post
    He's only an option if he is fit
    Tbf he was fit for a number of games last season and not used. We'll have to see Klopp's first choice line up first.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,311
    Even a fit Sturridge won't be a regular.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Even a fit Sturridge won't be a regular.
    Depends what kind of form he is in. Sturridge in top form is one of the best strikers in the country.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •