Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2014...l-the-news-bad

This is why people like to believe bad press about FSG and other things, it's all down to science and nothing to do with facts.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by tacman View Post
    Ah yes but the 400m outlay is all repayable loans isn't it so it remains an asset. If any of it pays interest (which I just don't know) then that is an appreciating asset. So strictly you don't subtract the 400 as FSG should have secured it and will get it back. Return is therefore 1bn-300m and any other outlay not repayable. Tasty. Time for them to **** off and let the 'big money' get involved and do all the things that should be done (proper personnel, etc.).
    Where exactly is this "big money" coming from may I ask?

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    Some of our fans just spit their dummy out because we are not PSG or Man City.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    good luck on that one, still waiting for an answer in english rather than waffle about risk management or speculating to accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    good luck on that one, still waiting for an answer in english rather than waffle about risk management or speculating to accumulate.
    pretty clear we have at least 150mil (ish) in the pocket right now ready to spend

Get Bill Gates in, get a joint venture of every rich man in the world to own Liverpool

WILL NOT convince RBL to sell Naby Keita

Not sure when people will ever get it into there heads, FSG have money, have spent a lot of money - ownership is not the problem, buying duff players year after year is the problem

I think FSG have had a bit of a learning curve about how PL football works, which has manifested itself in a few embarrassing ways. But they've made good managerial appointments, generally acted with integrity, seem to have a decent/growing understanding of what the club is all about, improved the stadium, committed to improved training facilities and all but eliminated the debt.

I find it difficult to imagine that they are preventing Klopp spending - far more likely that unlike previous managers, he's only prepared to spend money on players that he genuinely believes are better than what we have, and is finding those players thin on the ground and hard to get over the line, as we've seen with Keita.

So though they've not been perfect and have made some mistakes, overall they seem to be acting responsibly and professionally with the club's best interests at heart, and that's more than you can say about most owners.

Unless we want the club to be bought by a sheikh or plunged into debt, I don't know how much more we can ask for. It's going to be hard to compete with the big spenders but that's football - and I think FSG genuinely thought FFP would level the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    I think FSG have had a bit of a learning curve about how PL football works, which has manifested itself in a few embarrassing ways. But they've made good managerial appointments, generally acted with integrity, seem to have a decent/growing understanding of what the club is all about, improved the stadium, committed to improved training facilities and all but eliminated the debt.

I find it difficult to imagine that they are preventing Klopp spending - far more likely that unlike previous managers, he's only prepared to spend money on players that he genuinely believes are better than what we have, and is finding those players thin on the ground and hard to get over the line, as we've seen with Keita.

So though they've not been perfect and have made some mistakes, overall they seem to be acting responsibly and professionally with the club's best interests at heart, and that's more than you can say about most owners.

Unless we want the club to be bought by a sheikh or plunged into debt, I don't know how much more we can ask for. It's going to be hard to compete with the big spenders but that's football - and I think FSG genuinely thought FFP would level the playing field.
    Their genuine belief in FFP was just another one of their genuinely awful mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshhh View Post
    Their genuine belief in FFP was just another one of their genuinely awful mistakes.
    Maybe - but again, the only other option is to become an oil club. If you want that then fine, but if you don't then probably the best you can hope for is owners that sustainably grow the club, develop infrastructure, make sensible managerial appointments and generally keep their heads down.

Positive club statement today and the headlines read "FSG Statement"

But if you have a VVD apology to make, the headlines read "LFC Statement"

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeTopRed View Post

*********** hell :FP:

Seriously Singapore??? Jesus wept.

Yes but that's the point. People want to hear the owners view, not just "the club".

There's nothing vague about this now. It's a very definite statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicBTN View Post
    Seriously Singapore??? Jesus wept.
    dont get me wrong, i delighted with the statement, the timing is very helpful

but it should have read "LFC statement on PC". not FSG

the difference between the two headline of our latest statements was just too stark for me to ignore

dont get me wrong, i delighted with the statement, the timing is very helpful

but it should have read "LFC statement on PC". not FSG

the difference between the two headline of our latest statements was just stark for me to ignore
    No, it should have read FSG. It's a statement from the owners. Klopp already made his and the clubs position clear. Many were speculating that FSG were still going to sell, despite what Klopp was saying. This statement clarifies their position. They back the manager, he's not for sale.

VVD is different, the club itself was at fault, and in trouble with the FA. LFC's name being on the statement on that matter was correct

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Yes but that's the point. People want to hear the owners view, not just "the club".

There's nothing vague about this now. It's a very definite statement.
    I think supporters dont really care if it was FSG or LFC making the statement

But clearly FSG/Head of PR/Whoever wrote the headlines, cares how the owners are perceived

Quote Originally Posted by RedResurgence View Post
    No, it should have read FSG. It's a statement from the owners. Klopp already made his and the clubs position clear. Many were speculating that FSG were still going to sell, despite what Klopp was saying. This statement clarifies their position. They back the manager, he's not for sale.

VVD is different, the club itself was at fault, and in trouble with the FA. LFC's name being on the statement on that matter was correct
    ok fair enough... makes sense

I think supporters dont really care if it was FSG or LFC making the statement

But clearly FSG/Head of PR/Whoever wrote the headlines, cares how the owners are perceived
    Well that's demonstrably not true. The fact that is a statement directly attributed to the owners has mattered more to a lot of people. I've read those views today.

And yes of course they care about how they are perceived. That's the whole point. Perception has been that the owners would consider selling the player. That has been the wrong perception.

The statement serves its purpose. It's not PR. PR would be required after they'd sold the player.

Your posts are always very rational and well thought out, RedResurgence - I genuinely hope your 'resurgence' as a poster (considering that you were registered in 2008 but only have made 2,700 odd posts) is long lived.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Well that's demonstrably not true. The fact that is a statement directly attributed to the owners has mattered more to a lot of people. I've read those views today.

And yes of course they care about how they are perceived. That's the whole point. Perception has been that the owners would consider selling the player. That has been the wrong perception.

The statement serves its purpose. It's not PR. PR would be required after they'd sold the player.
    Okay, I'm all on board with everyone now

Rant over, back to rejoicing!!

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Your posts are always very rational and well thought out, RedResurgence - I genuinely hope your 'resurgence' as a poster (considering that you were registered in 2008 but only have made 2,700 odd posts) is long lived.
    Ha, cheers grenny, I'm more of a lurker most of the time, it can be good 'sport' in itself to to read the forums . I sometimes feel compelled to dip my toes in though, it often doesn't last, the footie kicks off and I go back to being a spectator

Ha, cheers grenny, I'm more of a lurker most of the time, it can be good 'sport' in itself to to read the forums . I sometimes feel compelled to dip my toes in though, it often doesn't last, the footie kicks off and I go back to being a spectator
    More's the pity then, RR (relating to the bold bit) .. I agree though that it can be damn good sport just reading through here sometimes. I find myself nodding my head in agreement some of the time, and shaking my head in disbelief at other times (sometimes even when re-reading my own posts )

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Love it when a stupid thread comes back to bite the author on the arse!

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    More's the pity then, RR (relating to the bold bit) .. I agree though that it can be damn good sport just reading through here sometimes. I find myself nodding my head in agreement some of the time, and shaking my head in disbelief at other times (sometimes even when re-reading my own posts )
    The bold, that's me, right there :FP: No promises on boosting my post rate, this topic really piqued my interest though, one of the few times when I've been certain we wouldn't sell, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was making people think otherwise given Klopps ****** minded insistence. Glad it's been laid to rest for this window.

@

What a mess we have made out of this window!! And not the first one

And FSG ultimately responsible.....

FSG.....Whimps or what?

They are purely business men looking to make a few dollars more. They have just sat back and let this situation develop.

Next few weeks are key to how ambitious they are
    Fail to land targets is already bad
    But sell cou and its the beginning of the end , other clubs have already shown us how to keep players who are unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    Next few weeks are key to how ambitious they are
    Fail to land targets is already bad
    But sell cou and its the beginning of the end , other clubs have already shown us how to keep players who are unhappy
    Agreed- Need to learn how to keep players and buy quality players at the same time, no point in taking two steps back only to take one forward!

old-school is offline Academy prospect
    20 days to go. Let's find out.

Keep Coutinho, buy a top CB and another Midfielder, keeping him just isn't enough I'm afraid.

Sell him and buy no one and fans should boycott all games.

Very difficult to see so far at least what the point in Edwards being here is.

My thread about spending 150m on Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel and Chigwell has been closed down for some reason. As of today, the evening before our first game of the season, we have one top signing, Mo Salah, and our best player wanting to leave. I am certain FSG know more than I but, having qualified for the CL and being the eighth (I think) richest club in the world I KNOW we are, again, about to start a PL season woefully undermanned. I have expressed my concerned views on here all summer and I recognise, and reluctantly accept, that many on here don't share my view about the LFC management (Klopp aside, completely). Seriously wtf is going on ?