?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...-2-steps-back/

Good article which sums up the feelings of most fans nicely

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...-2-steps-back/

Good article which sums up the feelings of most fans nicely
    Nice article. Though I'm still left scratching my head as to why this is happening.

We never seem to find out what, if any, constraints our managers are working under - only vague rumours.
    Given we are American owned, do they all sign confidentiality agreements that stop them spilling the beans ?

Now Klopp is starting to say strange, out of character, things that he'd of never said when he joined

"I have to accept decisions from the owners, that's how it is" he said on Sky after the Watford game
    Asked after the match if the transfer request changed anything, Klopp said: "You have to ask the club"
    Then, in his Palace presser he says "It's not always easy to say the 100% truth,"

OK, I've taken these quotes partially out of context, but even so. They are not quotes from a happy camp.
    Just wtf is going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Nice article. Though I'm still left scratching my head as to why this is happening.

We never seem to find out what, if any, constraints our managers are working under - only vague rumours.
    Given we are American owned, do they all sign confidentiality agreements that stop them spilling the beans ?

Now Klopp is starting to say strange, out of character, things that he'd of never said when he joined

"I have to accept decisions from the owners, that's how it is" he said on Sky after the Watford game
    Asked after the match if the transfer request changed anything, Klopp said: "You have to ask the club"
    Then, in his Palace presser he says "It's not always easy to say the 100% truth,"

OK, I've taken these quotes partially out of context, but even so. They are not quotes from a happy camp.
    Just wtf is going on ?
    His hands are tied, particularly over PC where basically he's said it's not my call. Don't think it's hos call on transfers either, there's been too many distancing comments. FSG want JK to get the best out of what he's got within a moneyball culture.

Lets get one of the best sought after managers and then not give him the tools to do his job. They've got 14 days to convince us all they want to be top dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Iron 58 View Post
    His hands are tied, particularly over PC where basically he's said it's not my call. Don't think it's hos call on transfers either, there's been too many distancing comments. FSG want JK to get the best out of what he's got within a moneyball culture.
    Well yes

I'm just noting that a year ago he would of avoided the question to keep everything in house.

And like you and others, I'm taking him saying these things as an indication that he's not happy = it's worrying

Quote Originally Posted by longstebe View Post
    Lets get one of the best sought after managers and then not give him the tools to do his job. They've got 14 days to convince us all they want to be top dogs.
    Didn't we put in two bids for Keita at around 60mill? I've been critical of FSG many times but I'm not sure they are the problem this summer.

If we end the summer having kept Coutinho and signed Van Dijk then we haven't done too bad.

Not great or perfect but not too bad.

I think we needed a centre mid, left back, centre half and striker. All for the first team. If we end up with a centre half, another forward and full back then it's not that bad. Dependent on the quality of the players signed, of course.

That's all they can be judged on really. Whether they can provide the manager with the players he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    Didn't we put in two bids for Keita at around 60mill? I've been critical of FSG many times but I'm not sure they are the problem this summer.
    You do have a point mate but it obviously it wasn't enough. The book stops with them.

You do have a point mate but it obviously it wasn't enough. The book stops with them.
    Buck not book buckaroo

Quote Originally Posted by AhSalahILikeHim View Post
    Buck not book buckaroo

Yeh but my point is that not signing alternatives is probably not down to them, as the funds are available.

Yeh but my point is that not signing alternatives is probably not down to them, as the funds are available.
    So you're saying its Klopps fault if we don't sign anyone else?
    I believe the funds are there, its just that FSG aren't prepared to go the extra mile to land our main targets.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If we end the summer having kept Coutinho and signed Van Dijk then we haven't done too bad.

Not great or perfect but not too bad.

I think we needed a centre mid, left back, centre half and striker. All for the first team. If we end up with a centre half, another forward and full back then it's not that bad. Dependent on the quality of the players signed, of course.

That's all they can be judged on really. Whether they can provide the manager with the players he wants.
    That would be gread (VVD and keep Coutinho) but I agree, it would be ideal if we could get 4 or 5 players in the positions you mentioned. I wanted us to go for Aubemayang, and a good left back, in addition to someone like VVD and someone like Keita. The media mentioned Arturo Vidal. I think he would be a good alternative to Keita (although older and cheaper) but I doubt he'll come or that Klopp would be interested.

If they don't sell coutinho they will go up (a bit) in my estimation, but if they sell then wimps wouldn't be the word i would use. I'd use another one beginning with b

Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    If they don't sell coutinho they will go up (a bit) in my estimation, but if they sell then wimps wouldn't be the word i would use. I'd use another one beginning with b
    They will sell but not this season same as Suarez, and in my opinion we cant stand in his way. The people to blame are FSG who bought the club on the cheap and run it in the cheap. Carpetbaggers if you ask me.

Bimps?

I meant this season. Next season is another day, to quote Scarlett

Certainly ends in s

Certainly ends in s
    I love you and want to make your babies.

Love you too, but I'm afraid all eggs are already cooked and the hen ain't laying any more

Love you too, but I'm afraid all eggs are already cooked and the hen ain't laying any more
    I'm so good, I can reverse time.

One thing that I fail to understand and may have mentioned previously, is what JK would come here or sign an extension if he felt FSG wouldn't let him have more control. I don't get the impression Liverpool, while a fantastic job, was this German's dream club, or that he was needing a job so badly he would take anything. I knew fans of other clubs that wished they had pulled that off.

This doesn't blame JK or exonerate FSG, but i don't see him as a victim here. Lots went wrong it seems. Take Coutinho, happy enough to sign a long term extension, but hands in a transfer request months into his new contract?

So you're saying its Klopps fault if we don't sign anyone else?
    I believe the funds are there, its just that FSG aren't prepared to go the extra mile to land our main targets.
    If we were tabling 60mill bids for Keita then surely that same money will be available to buy other players. So yes, I think it is a combination of Klopp and Edwards who are at fault for not (so far) buying alternatives to Keita and VVD.

If we were tabling 60mill bids for Keita then surely that same money will be available to buy other players. So yes, I think it is a combination of Klopp and Edwards who are at fault for not (so far) buying alternatives to Keita and VVD.
    Deadly combination of FSG who don't want to spend money and Edwards who is incompetant.

Remember when Werner said under promise but over deliver more like under promise and don't deliver.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BackAgain View Post
    Deadly combination of FSG who don't want to spend money and Edwards who is incompetant.

Remember when Werner said under promise but over deliver more like under promise and don't deliver.
    And Mike Gordon running the U.K. Show for the yanks.

Mike Gordon is completely inept.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I'm so good, I can reverse time.
    I'm better, I can make, keep or waste time, separately or at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    And Mike Gordon running the U.K. Show for the yanks.

Mike Gordon is completely inept.

Forgot about him. All those FSG execs that the club will paying salaries for doing ****** all. No wonder we can't or won't compete at the top table.

But we launched two massive bids for Keita. So it seems like FSG have been willing to spend big money this summer, compared to previous transfer windows.

The VVD balls up was down to sheer incompetence - who was at fault? Edwards seems like the prime culprit, but probably backed up by the CEO and others.

We launched 60mill bids for Keita, but Leipzig simply refuse to sell - is anyone at fault here? Probably not. There's not much you can do in this situation apart from launching a 3rd bid for a vast sum of money. But Leipzig don't need the money.

So what about alternatives to VVD and Keita? If we were going to spend 60mill on Keita and maybe another 50mill on VVD then surely that money is still available to Klopp to use on other players. So why have we not (so far) strengthened our defence and midfield? The money is clearly there.

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page

Edwards is incompetent how and in what way?

What do you know of the behind the scenes working of the club and what his day to day duties are?