Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

Can someone please delete this whore of a thread?!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    I've given them praise for all the good stuff they've done but I think they've had enough time to be judged although some maybe harsh you can't blame anyone for it.
    Lets wait till August 31st till we cast judgement. If it is true as rumoured, that we will spend £200m plus this window, then any critism after this will be grossly unfair.
    We won't conquer the world, just the ball, every ******* time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    vaut or veut?

Sorry it's been a while since I parle'd
    Veut = want, vaut = worth

The expression means it's worth more when late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    We're having french lessons here

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
    Lets wait till August 31st till we cast judgement. If it is true as rumoured, that we will spend £200m plus this window, then any critism after this will be grossly unfair.
    Of course. I'm not judging them after every window I'm judging them after 7 years. We have to take full advantage of our positive situation no room for error imo.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanPressing View Post
    French? So I guess everyone will end up giving up on the thread until the English posters start fighting to keep it open and then the Americans will wade in near the end, taking over the whole thing and start bragging about it.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    They are certainly winners in Boston and baseball.

Yet to bring that here to this point, but with the manager they finally appointed and the seeming intent they will show by the end of the window that could change.

I do like them, think they are very good owners and have looked after the club well and got it on the up, but whether they are great owners and will turn out winners is now at crunch time.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanCanPressing View Post
    Je pense que c'est parfait

French? So I guess everyone will end up giving up on the thread until the English posters start fighting to keep it open and then the Americans will wade in near the end, taking over the whole thing and start bragging about it.
    N'oublie pas - Tout le monde est un patriote de deux Pays, le sien et La France.

I could not have put it any better, sometimes this place looks like a brothel.

Considering what came before, i've never really gotten the FSG bashing. They've brought the club into the modern era with the redevelopment of the main stand and the charming yet painfully outdated tunnel. Along with that they're bringing Liverpool up to the standards of the world elite by building a newer, better training ground.

They've also shown ambition in their time here but as others have said they're not football experts, so that ambition early on was misplaced. They can only be blamed for taking bad advice. Advice such as buying slightly above average British players and developing them. Henderson was the only one that made sense because he had time to develop, which he has.

Thankfully they've gotten better advice and getting Klopp was the best choice they've taken. They're ambitious guys. Sure they wanna make money and so they should. Its clear to me they also want the pride of owning a truly successful football club. They've taken steps towards that.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    N'oublie pas - Tout le monde est un patriote de deux Pays, le sien et La France.
    Eh bien moi je ne m'appelle pas un patriote, avec un taux d'immigration de 47% dans mon pays, je trouve ça un peu ridicule, même si j'habite à côté de la France.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

"FSG are out and out winners".

One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    They done considerably better with the Red Sox sports wise. But if you take financial aspect into consideration Liverpool is a massive success story. But hey, knowing you thinking is something that hurts your head.

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Sacked Hodgson
    Bought Kenny in
    Signed Suarez
    Broke transfer record
    League cup win
    Fa cup final
    Took a chance on Rodgers
    Title challenge, just coming up short
    Replace Rodgers with Klopp
    League cup final.
    Europa final.
    Expanded the stadium.
    Back in the champions league.
    Just broke transfer record with Salah and looking likely to do so yet again, maybe in a big way with Keita.

I don't think some will be happy with FSG until they are continually out spending the likes of United or City, or in other words, some will never be happy with FSG.

Alpha Papa is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    I could not have put it any better, sometimes this place looks like a brothel.
    Mods happy to delete a couple of tweets in a foreign language... won't delete a stupid thread on a subject on which there are already multiple threads. Presumably they're doing as instructed by folks in charge, but it's ****** stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    I think considering how it went initially with Van Dijk, perhaps this is quite premature. Let's see how it goes between now and the end of the month.
    Exactly this..

My FSG Out case file will be shelved if we attain Keita and VVD. If we won't then the feeling on them will remain. Not solely based on this summer's window but a thousand other things I won't get into now

Quote Originally Posted by WirralRiddler View Post
    Sacked Hodgson
    Bought Kenny in
    Signed Suarez
    Broke transfer record
    League cup win
    Fa cup final
    Took a chance on Rodgers
    League cup final.
    Europa final.
    Expanded the stadium.
    Just broke transfer record with Salah and looking likely to do so yet again, maybe in a big way with Keita.

I don't think some will be happy with FSG until they are continually out spending the likes of United or City, or in other words, some will never be happy with FSG.
    Thats incorrect.. Spending freely isnt what we are calling for. All those point can be countered and there are other points that are embarrassing during their 8 years here

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Anyone coming on here to see negative posts might as well look away now.

FSG are out and out winners. Wimps don't survive in business, never mind thrive in it. FSG are proven winners in all they do, and football will be no different.

I am so pleased, in fact somewhat overjoyed, at their realisation and learning from the mistakes made by past experiences and executives, that they are now set on the road of going for their managers first targets.

Can you imagine the messages being sent out that if a top top player is viewed to fit in with our managers wishes and style and the player expresses a desire to play for LFC, no matter what the price is we will go after him. This is the modus operandi of winners.

Make no mistake we are after Keita and VVD and we will get both of them.

Don't want to see moaning and groaning about second and third choice players signing for the clubs and so missing out on them, not interested. We want the best,and players who want to play for us.

We are so lucky FSG pulled us out of the mire when they did.

Team tomorrow off to HK.
    When we get to Germany I hope we have a clearer picture of how far we are down the road with signings.
    Oh great, yet another new thread moaning about FSG and transfers.

Not seen that in a while...

All the questions will be settled on September 1st.

Sacked Hodgson
    Bought Kenny in
    Signed Suarez
    Broke transfer record
    League cup win
    Fa cup final
    Took a chance on Rodgers
    League cup final.
    Europa final.
    Expanded the stadium.

OK, in the spirit of balance- here we go :-

Sacked Hodgson - and against their instincts and wishes appoint Kenny as caretaker manager (not sure what instincts they were like, these FSG football genius'). Kenny does well in his first half season and gets the job full time.

In his first full season, Kenny gets to 2 finals and wins one but is sacked for not getting top 4. Well, has to be expected doesn't it - 2 finals in your first full season and you can only win one and you can't even get into the top 4 - deserved sacking - can you see the irony? Add to this the actions of Henry after the FA Cup final, acting like a petulant child and refusing to shake hands with Kenny, a man who is the clubs greatest ever servant.

Took a chance with Rodgers - for this, read took a chance with the future of LFC, a disaster waiting to happen, and set us back years. Back Rodgers, give him more money to spend then sack him a few weeks into the season, effectively ending the season for LFC.

Appoint JK - good

Expand stand - won't benefit anyone financially except FSG for at least the next 6-7 years.

Back in the CL - good, but effectively showed that the squad is so poor and thin that we can't compete on more than one front - 7 years of FSG, we can't compete on more than one front at a time.

Transfers
    - lets see how it goes, so far we have a free transfer and Salah. Spent 38 mil, but were 25 mil in the black from the last few transfer windows under JK.

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    In his first full season, Kenny gets to 2 finals and wins one but is sacked for not getting top 4. Well, has to be expected doesn't it - 2 finals in your first full season and you can only win one and you can't even get into the top 4 - deserved sacking - can you see the irony? Add to this the actions of Henry after the FA Cup final, acting like a petulant child and refusing to shake hands with Kenny, a man who is the clubs greatest ever servant.
    The reason for your hate and constant bitterness towards FSG becomes very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Anyone coming on here to see negative posts might as well look away now.

FSG are out and out winners. Wimps don't survive in business, never mind thrive in it. FSG are proven winners in all they do, and football will be no different.

I am so pleased, in fact somewhat overjoyed, at their realisation and learning from the mistakes made by past experiences and executives, that they are now set on the road of going for their managers first targets.

Can you imagine the messages being sent out that if a top top player is viewed to fit in with our managers wishes and style and the player expresses a desire to play for LFC, no matter what the price is we will go after him. This is the modus operandi of winners.

Make no mistake we are after Keita and VVD and we will get both of them.

Don't want to see moaning and groaning about second and third choice players signing for the clubs and so missing out on them, not interested. We want the best,and players who want to play for us.

We are so lucky FSG pulled us out of the mire when they did.

Team tomorrow off to HK.
    When we get to Germany I hope we have a clearer picture of how far we are down the road with signings.
    Not sure what your on about... We haven't won **** and the club has been mediocre overall during their time in charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    The reason for your hate and constant bitterness towards FSG becomes very clear.
    Nah, wanted nothing to do with them from day 1 mate. Indeed Martin Broughton was actually very concerned that fans would not accept these type of owners given the previous owners.

Nah, wanted nothing to do with them from day 1 mate. Indeed Martin Broughton was actually very concerned that fans would not accept these type of owners given the previous owners.
    Either way, not a good way to be, not even prepared to give them a chance is just as bad.

The previous owners had no link to the current ones apart from nationality so judging them because of them was stupid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    Either way, not a good way to be, not even prepared to give them a chance is just as bad.

The previous owners had no link to the current ones apart from nationality so judging them because of them was stupid anyway.
    Not talking about direct links, 'this type of owner' was the term used

Sacked Hodgson
    Bought Kenny in
    Signed Suarez
    Broke transfer record
    League cup win
    Fa cup final
    Took a chance on Rodgers
    League cup final.
    Europa final.
    Expanded the stadium.

one sided argument?

Damien Comolli
    Giving Kenny a 3 year contract then sacking him appallingly a year later.
    Hanging Suarez and the management out to dry with the Evra racism issue.
    Appointing Rodgers who's CV read Watford, Reading and Swansea.
    The transfer committee.
    Trying to rip the fans off with the ticket prices.
    Jen Chang or whatever that lunatics name was.
    1 trophy in 7 years as owners.
    Sacking Rodgers backing him with money to signing Christian *********** Benteke.
    A profit in the transfer market last summer.
    The VVD tapping up (plus the Dempsey one from years before)

So would you have been happy to continue with Hicks and Gillett? Chalk and cheese. Owners ripping the club off anyway possible as opposed to owners showing respect to our values and trying to build a very successful football club. Beggars belief, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Far Away Red View Post
    So would you have been happy to continue with Hicks and Gillett? Chalk and cheese. Owners ripping the club off anyway possible as opposed to owners showing respect to our values and trying to build a very successful football club. Beggars belief, seriously.
    Seriously?

Seriously?
    You missed out three very important words, "trying to build.........." so yes, I am serious.