Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    Not talking about direct links, 'this type of owner' was the term used
    What is, "This type of owner"?

And whatever it is is irrelevant now anyway as FSG have 100% different to the previous pair in every way and the club now what it looked like under those 2 is chalk and cheese.

You must be dreading this summer and praying we don't buy VVD and Keita as your whole anti FSG world comes crashing down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post

And whatever it is is irrelevant now anyway as FSG have 100% different to the previous pair in every way and the club now what it looked like under those 2 is chalk and cheese.

You must be dreading this summer and praying we don't buy VVD and Keita as your whole anti FSG world comes crashing down.
    You said yourself your patience with FSG will run out if we don't give Klopp his targets.

Works both ways mate, what will your attitude to FSG be if we fail again in the transfer market.

What I expect is the usual wishy washy, well, we tried, what can we do, whilst all of our competitors strengthen and consolidate.

I hope that we do sign the players that we need, why wouldn't I? I pay a lot of money to watch LFC, I want to see the best possible team and results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    You said yourself your patience with FSG will run out if we don't give Klopp his targets.
    Yes, looking like it won't so far though.

But bit different after 7 years to being against them from day one for no reason at all.

Works both ways mate, what will your attitude to FSG be if we fail again in the transfer market.

What I expect is the usual wishy washy, well, we tried, what can we do, whilst all of our competitors strengthen and consolidate.

I hope that we do sign the players that we need, why wouldn't I? I pay a lot of money to watch LFC, I want to see the best possible team and results.
    Again, i've stated how i feel about this summer, but 7 years in is a bit different to being against them from day one seemingly just because they are American like the previous 2.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverred-1973 View Post
    Eh bien moi je ne m'appelle pas un patriote, avec un taux d'immigration de 47% dans mon pays, je trouve ça un peu ridicule, même si j'habite à côté de la France.
    Je suis un part du 47%. Je déménage ici, L&G, il y a huit mois. La langue est difficile mais les gens sont gentils. Comme je le vois, le grand probleme avec l'immigration en France est que le gens ne sont pas préparé intégrer et vivre comme les Francais. Dans mon avais, si je veux habiter en France puis, j'adopte le culturel de France. Si je ne veux pas le faire, puis je devrais aller!!

Yes, looking like it won't so far though.

But bit different after 7 years to being against them from day one for no reason at all.
    Too early to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Too early to say that.
    It's not to early to say it's looking like.

Obviously if Solanke and Salah are it come September 1st then it will change but that is highly unlikely even if we can't get Leipzig or Southampton to budge on Keita and VVD with the huge sums we are/will be offering.

But then, if we are offering £60m-£70m for players then it's hard to have a go at FSG over not backing Jurgen anyway, so it is looking good they have finally seen what is required and the club has the finances to do it.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Not talking about direct links, 'this type of owner' was the term used
    and what "type" is that.

Again, i've stated how i feel about this summer, but 7 years in is a bit different to being against them from day one seemingly just because they are American like the previous 2.
    noticed he never actually answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    noticed he never actually answered your question.
    It wasn't a question, it was a statement!!!

I have read what he has stated about this summer already, nothing to answer!!!!

I couldn't criticise the club for bidding £120-£140m on two players and having those bids turned down. Are people really going to lose it if we cant sign a centre half for £70m?

clarify what you meant by "these type of owners" instead of keep moving the goal posts. by your own admission you have had a grudge since day one and will not give them a chance. just explain to us why.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I couldn't criticise the club for bidding £120-£140m on two players and having those bids turned down. Are people really going to lose it if we cant sign a centre half for £70m?
    Yeh, absolutely, backing Jurgen fully for me includes these bids, even if the selling clubs don't and won't budge.

We're not talking about £20m here, it's clear FSG are so far giving Jurgen everything he wants, just need the selling clubs to finally succumb like Roma did.

No, i asked a question in the first sentence.

Snippes is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

"FSG are out and out winners".

One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    Well perhaps whatbhe mwans is FSG aren't just defended by the last 7 years owning Liverpool. It might be to you but FSG exists in a global sense outside the premier league and in the US they are definitely considered winners.

One good thing that's come out if this summer is that even the whinge babies have lost all credibility when accusing FSG of being wimps or miserly or cheap. We now know that since Klopp arrived, every buying decisions we've made or not made is all down to one Jurgen Klopp and no one else. He's the one who decide to not buy in January. He's the one who decided to not buy a LB last summer. He's the one who this summer has put forward a very short list of targets and said he wants only those players or nothing or maybe there are backup targets in his back pocket we don't know about.

But we are playing in the 60s and 70s million pound bracket (multiple times) and no one else in this league has done that this summer besides United. Not Chelsea, not Arsenal, not even City unless am forgetting someone. These owners are backing Klopp's plans in ways that no other club in the world is doing this summer. Show me which other club is taregeting 2 70 Mil players simultaneously AND has been loosely linked to the 100 Mil man Mbappe, whether that's true or not. Bottom line as Wayne Gretzky once said....you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Whether or not we succeed, FSG came to play this time and so the bleeting blubbering moaners need to at least for now GTFO FSGs back. They don't make the player target list, Klopp does. So if you have any complaints, take it up with Jurgen. These are entirely his decisions and no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Not criticising the club of attempting to buy players. However, if we start the season with what we currently have, then serious questions need asking. Hopefully we will be OK, lets wait and see.

No, i asked a question in the first sentence.
    Oh, I see, not the immediate post but the one before....OK, these types.....as Martin Broughton described them......people who made their money through hedge funds. These people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm. Now I hear that they are not in hedge funds anymore. Its a bit like saying a drug dealer who goes legit by using his ill gotten gains to open a string of sunbed shop is OK. Not my type at all, never will be.

Not criticising the club of attempting to buy players. However, if we start the season with what we currently have, then serious questions need asking. Hopefully we will be OK, lets wait and see.
    Well yes we'd obviously need to sign a quality centre half and centre mid. And if we don't that will surely be on Klopp again for choosing not to sign any player because he cant get the two he wants?

For me, off the pitch FSG have been brilliant. They've increased revenue , they've removed debt, they've increased the size of the stadium and hopefully are going to make it even bigger, they've gone out and got us as good a manager as there is anywhere.

On the pitch is nothing to do with them apart from making money available for transfers so that we can compete with the sugar daddy clubs. They've promised money this summer, if Klopp wants certain players and they refuse to sanction those purchases then very big questions are going to be asked.

However, if RBL and Southampton completely refuse to sell the boys we want and we haven't got back up options then that for me is totally down to Klopp and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    For me, off the pitch FSG have been brilliant. They've increased revenue , they've removed debt, they've increased the size of the stadium and hopefully are going to make it even bigger, they've gone out and got us as good a manager as there is anywhere.

On the pitch is nothing to do with them apart from making money available for transfers so that we can compete with the sugar daddy clubs. They've promised money this summer, if Klopp wants certain players and they refuse to sanction those purchases then very big questions are going to be asked.

However, if RBL and Southampton completely refuse to sell the boys we want and we haven't got back up options then that for me is totally down to Klopp and his team.
    Over a 7 years period what happens in the pitch has nothing to do with them?
    Anyway, I take that back, don't want to start any discussion that would prolong the life of this ridiculous thread.

Oh, I see, not the immediate post but the one before....OK, these types.....as Martin Broughton described them......people who made their money through hedge funds. These people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm. Now I hear that they are not in hedge funds anymore. Its a bit like saying a drug dealer who goes legit by using his ill gotten gains to open a string of sunbed shop is OK. Not my type at all, never will be.
    You have proof that FSG are these types? They've caused misery and harm?

And i take it you were set against DIC and Sheikh Mo plus any Arab owners really given exploitation in that part of the world.

Not to mention China and the far East.

Who exactly could we have as owners then, pretty much everyone ruled out by you on moral and exploitation grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Over a 7 years period what happens in the pitch has nothing to do with them?
    Anyway, I take that back, don't want to start any discussion that would prolong the life of this ridiculous thread.
    They provide the manager, they provide the funds for transfers.

Haven't seen John Henry in the dugout giving direction to the players lately s yeah, they don't control what happens on the pitch, the coaching team do.

They provide the manager, they provide the funds for transfers.

Haven't seen John Henry in the dugout giving direction to the players lately s yeah, they don't control what happens on the pitch, the coaching team do.
    They are the ones that appoint the coaching staff, together with the people who deal with the transfers. This is like saying the CEO has nothing to do with what is going in a company because he has already appointed people that are dealing with everything.
    Last edited by Alon1; 16-7-17 at 20:00.

you were wrong then as you are wrong now. jwh has never been in hedge funds. you know this so why the continued hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    They are the ones that appoint the coaching staff, together with the people who deal with the transfers. This is like saying the CEO has nothing to do with what is going in a company because he has already appointed people that are dealing with everything.
    As I said, they've given us the best manager possible.

Why do people keep saying off the pitch they have been great. How many people have been sacked or replaced since they took over?

YNWA Jen Chang.

As I said, they've given us the best manager possible.
    Sorry but this has nothing to do with what I said,

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Can someone please delete this whore of a thread?!
    Why does it have to be a whore if it was male it would be getting praised

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    you were wrong then as you are wrong now. jwh has never been in hedge funds. you know this so why the continued hate.
    Apology accepted

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2009/11...-fund/?mcubz=0

http://www.hedgeroll.com/hedgeroll/c...hn%20w%20henry

http://www.reuters.com/article/hedge...33543620070824

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/22070

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Red-Sox.html
    Last edited by reallash; 17-7-17 at 01:56.