Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    ok, just to please you fine it was a hedge fund, better now..

so why does it mean this for john henry and fsg: "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm" exactly what are you on about.
    Hmmm, was that your apology? haha.

Brill.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Taken from my response to the Lacazette thread. Don't agree with OP:

I cannot understand why we are not all over Lacazette and leaving him to Arsenal with no CL is absurd. He is a top, top player and would be perfect for us. Expect to see him playing a big part in the World Cup to boot. Are we having a laugh btw - in for Mbappe (in the words of Jim Royle, my #%^*) ! VVD was a train wreck, Salah took an age and we ended up paying what we could have a month earlier, Sessegnon (well that went well didn't it.....so now we're in for Hull's left back) and Keita (we live in very fleeting hope).

It would appear that the transfer strategy comprises the following:
    •Talk a good game - deals done early etc;
    •Go in for a few massive 'names' to make the fans think we're really serious this time - safe in the knowledge that they'll not come;
    •In the highly unlikely event they do seem interested, contrive to mess the deal up and keep the cash;
    •Continue to buy cheap British players from relegation sides;
    •Talk up players returning from injury as though they are like new signings

As always I live in hope that my diminishing trust in the management (other than Klopp) is misplaced but it doesn't feel like Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge to me which is what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

Is this important to you Cull?
    Yep, it was Kal. i like people to admit when they've been burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    He's a glory hunter
    Why not, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

Standing on the shoulders of point scoring giants
    Haha. He kind of admitted it, in his own way.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    I don't expect Henry to be any different to anyone else, I also don't expect him to be held up as a knight in shining armour, who rode to our rescue.

Broughton said that there were other interested parties. Indeed Broughton did not want to sell to FSG, he said that the only good thing about them is that they exist, he suggested that going with FSG was scraping the bottom of the barrel, I suppose he hates them as well like!!
    The only two bids were from Peter Lim and John Henry, they had to decide between the two. Seeing how Lim has got on at Valencia how can you be upset that Henry won that?!?!? Kraft was interested but never bid.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Oh come on, they bought themselves an asset on the cheap....bailed us out!!! The couldn't care less about us, they saw a chance to make a killing. Its a little like me seeing a run down house with an owner in financial difficulty, who can't afford to do it up or pay the mortgage. If I come along and offer him the bare minimum for his property and he walks away with nothing once his debt is paid, do you really think that he will be thanking me for bailing him out?

The stand represents 125 mil debt, which we will be paying off for the next 6-7 years, the Rd End would represent .....maybe 80-100 mil debt, that we will also have to pay back to FSG, so, don't lets pretend that we are debt free, both stands (if the Rd End ever gets done, which I doubt) will put is approx 200 mil in debt, on infrastructure alone. Put another way, LFC will not benefit financially from the new stand(s) for the duration of JKs tenure. As for hate....grow up, we don't know these people and never will.

Not even the slightest interest in what the blue sihte do.
    sorry but this is a stupid way of looking at it. what do you seriously expect huh. the alternative is to get a loan from a bank and the club paying far more interest. take a peek at spuds and see how much they are having to fork out for thier stadium work as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    You just can't admit that you were wrong and I'd like you to do it.

Just answer the question.

None of this is important to me, just the part where you accept you got it wrong. I think everyone would like to see you admit that.
    in that case you know what it is to want then. have fun.

Ok, the bolded shows that you do not represent the middle ground

First - Kenny sacked, you say was the right decision - let me remind you, he got to 2 finals in his first full season, sound familiar - and won one. Apparently, his failure was not getting top 4, that is why he was sacked, cups don't matter- we were told!!!!. We would be changing manager very frequently indeed if that was the criteria.

Rodgers - disaster, set the club back years

Tickets- HA, a new fiasco is unfolding right now

Chang - HA

Showing up - something called commitment.
    actually it just shows you have a grudge and cannot let go of the past.

sorry but this is a stupid way of looking at it. what do you seriously expect huh. the alternative is to get a loan from a bank and the club paying far more interest. take a peek at spuds and see how much they are having to fork out for thier stadium work as a comparison.
    That's not the only alternative. Another option would be for them to pay for the stand themselves as a way to inject cash directly into the club.

But it seems that the build hasnt hindered our ability to sign players, if we accept that the club is set to sign two players for somewhere between £100m and £150m, so the point becomes somewhat moot, I think.

If the manager isn't hindered in his spending, and spending big, then our arguments about how the stand is funded become largely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    The only two bids were from Peter Lim and John Henry, they had to decide between the two. Seeing how Lim has got on at Valencia how can you be upset that Henry won that?!?!? Kraft was interested but never bid.
    See, this is different, you said that there were no other interested parties - not true, it is of no consequence that Lim did a bad job at Valencia.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshhh View Post

I cannot understand why we are not all over Lacazette and leaving him to Arsenal with no CL is absurd. He is a top, top player and would be perfect for us. Expect to see him playing a big part in the World Cup to boot. Are we having a laugh btw - in for Mbappe (in the words of Jim Royle, my #%^*) ! VVD was a train wreck, Salah took an age and we ended up paying what we could have a month earlier, Sessegnon (well that went well didn't it.....so now we're in for Hull's left back) and Keita (we live in very fleeting hope).

•Go in for a few massive 'names' to make the fans think we're really serious this time - safe in the knowledge that they'll not come;
    •In the highly unlikely event they do seem interested, contrive to mess the deal up and keep the cash;

As always I live in hope that my diminishing trust in the management (other than Klopp) is misplaced but it doesn't feel like Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge to me which is what is required.
    Spot on

Your glass is really half empty.
    *Klopp likes to get his deals done early. Incredibly we hadn't five, six or seven players readay to parade on July 1st!! Is there any team of any intent who has all their players in? I think not.
    *Both Keita and VVD are 'massive names' and both eager to come. State now if you dont think we'll get 1 or both of them. We'll get the two imo.
    *That was Klopp who apparently messed up by meeting VD and giving him the team talk. Are you implying that this was deliberate to ******* up the deal?
    *I'm sure your referring to the possible purchase of Robertson form Hull. What a generalisation that is!! So in effect no good player gets relegated??
    * No one is trying to sell us that one - incredible! Please tell you who you've heard say that.
    You say you do trust Klopp,do you not think that he is in charge of all things football at LFC. He has his ways but he's nobody's fool but your post is a incitement of that.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Your glass is really half empty.
    *Klopp likes to get his deals done early. Incredibly we hadn't five, six or seven players readay to parade on July 1st!! Is there any team of any intent who has all their players in? I think not.
    *Both Keita and VVD are 'massive names' and both eager to come. State now if you dont think we'll get 1 or both of them. We'll get the two imo.
    *That was Klopp who apparently messed up by meeting VD and giving him the team talk. Are you implying that this was deliberate to ******* up the deal?
    *I'm sure your referring to the possible purchase of Robertson form Hull. What a generalisation that is!! So in effect no good player gets relegated??
    * No one is trying to sell us that one - incredible! Please tell you who you've heard say that.
    You say you do trust Klopp,do you not think that he is in charge of all things football at LFC. He has his ways but he's nobody's fool but your post is a incitement of that.
    The issue for LFC is not getting deals done early - as JK wanted and we haven't done. But in getting deals done at all. We limped into 4th place on the last day of the season, we had by far the weakest squad in the top 6 at that time, we have since lost even more ground. We need to be doing significantly more in this window that our competitors just to keep pace with them next season in terms of squad depth and quality, we are not doing that at the moment.

Will we sign Keita and VVD? Both or either one? Are we interested in anyone else? The problem here is we are exactly where we were with the previous manager, the clock ticking and we are no clearer on what is going to happen. If we miss out on both of these players, which currently looks more likely that not, do we start next season with what we currently have? Will this be enough to consolidate our top 4 finish?

It all seems very much the same old same old, which is depressing.

If it's true we bid £57m for a player then they have already well surpassed my expectations. I never thought we'd see the club sanction such a bid, irrespective where the money actually comes from. I can't take that away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If it's true we bid £57m for a player then they have already well surpassed my expectations. I never thought we'd see the club sanction such a bid, irrespective where the money actually comes from. I can't take that away from them.
    It was a good thing the bid wasn't accepted. FSG's plan to try big money PR transfers would have backfired tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    It was a good thing the bid wasn't accepted. FSG's plan to try big money PR transfers would have backfired tremendously.
    "Hello John, yes we've accidentally spent £57m. Send help."

The issue for LFC is not getting deals done early - as JK wanted and we haven't done. But in getting deals done at all. We limped into 4th place on the last day of the season, we had by far the weakest squad in the top 6 at that time, we have since lost even more ground. We need to be doing significantly more in this window that our competitors just to keep pace with them next season in terms of squad depth and quality, we are not doing that at the moment.

Will we sign Keita and VVD? Both or either one? Are we interested in anyone else? The problem here is we are exactly where we were with the previous manager, the clock ticking and we are no clearer on what is going to happen. If we miss out on both of these players, which currently looks more likely that not, do we start next season with what we currently have? Will this be enough to consolidate our top 4 finish?

The fact that we are chasing the likes of Keita and VVD shows that we have, not just an intention of keeping pace, but taking another step forward. Only Klopp knows what alternatives he has for the above but that fact that we are chasing his number One targets should be evidence of the Clubs intent and not used as a stick to beat it with because these deals are not happening as quickly as you, me and every other fan would like.
    Maybe there will be a point when we are forced to quit our interest in Keita should Leipzig simply say that they are not sellin, even at the mythical 70m.
    I think VD could help things out by putting in a transfer request and stating his intent vehemently to the Southampton board.
    Yes, I'd love too if more deals had been done and I agree that we do need more than a CM and a CBbut there is still two thirds of the window to go so I'm hopful things will pick up soon but it's ridiculous to suggest (as others have)ulterior motives for these protracted negotiations.

Worse than Comolli doubling our Hendo bid when he could have been had for a couple of million more that.

Very Good

we didn't limp into the top four and if you were being truly fair then you would realise we spent virtually the whole season in top four except for a little while during our injury blip. as for losing ground, how have we done that before a ball is kicked.

again if you were not looking for a stick to beat the club with you would know that currently chelsea are having massive problems getting players in and have 17 first team players - not enough now they are back in cl next season is it.

as for our weak squad. sure it is, but it also hammered most the teams in the league so i would suggest we are not quite as bad as you would like to think we are. i know its hard to believe but the club and team are moving forward, just not as quick as some would wish.

as for transfers whats your solution besides loading a save game as reality is rarely that easy as many clubs are finding out this summer.

we didn't limp into the top four and if you were being truly fair then you would realise we spent virtually the whole season in top four except for a little while during our injury blip. as for losing ground, how have we done that before a ball is kicked.

again if you were not looking for a stick to beat the club with you would know that currently chelsea are having massive problems getting players in and have 17 first team players - not enough now they are back in cl next season is it.

as for our weak squad. sure it is, but it also hammered most the teams in the league so i would suggest we are not quite as bad as you would like to think we are. i know its hard to believe but the club and team are moving forward, just not as quick as some would wish.

as for transfers whats your solution besides loading a save game as reality is rarely that easy as many clubs are finding out this summer.
    Sorry, couldn't get past that bit.....we limped into the top 4 on the last day of the season, fortunately for us, Arsenal finished outside of the top 4 for the first time in 20 years and we managed to take advantage. But, that last game of the season, Arsenal were winning comfortably and we were huffing and puffing at 0-0, we managed in the end, but it went right down to the wire.

Mate, we have a weak squad, we might have been able to win one off games against the top teams, but when it comes to the actual competition of a league campaign or a cup competition, it was obvious that the squad was nowhere near strong enough to compete on more than one front at a time. As it stands right now, little has changed in that regard.

First - Kenny sacked, you say was the right decision - let me remind you, he got to 2 finals in his first full season, sound familiar
    No it doesn't sound familiar. Pretty sure when Klopp got to 2 cup finals it was not his first full season.

We would be changing manager very frequently indeed if that was the criteria.
    That's not the criteria though. After spending a ton of money on *****, Dalglish finished 8th with our lowest points total since 1954, and our lowest goal tally since 1992.

Rodgers - disaster, set the club back years
    A literal slip away from our first league title in the Premier League era. Gave us our best season since 2009 (and counting).

Tickets- HA, a new fiasco is unfolding right now
    If you actually read the post, I criticised them on the ticket situation.

Chang - HA
    If you actually read my post, I kindly asked someone to explain the Chang situation to me. But I guess you're too immature for that.

Showing up - something called commitment.
    Don't be absolutely ridiculous. Again, they live on the other side of the Atlantic. If you think there's a problem with their Anfield appearances, you're not worth debating with.

The fact is, I criticised FSG as much as I defended them in my post - so I'm literally on the middle ground here. You on the other hand, you're just ridiculous.

Sorry, couldn't get past that bit.....we limped into the top 4 on the last day of the season, fortunately for us, Arsenal finished outside of the top 4 for the first time in 20 years and we managed to take advantage. But, that last game of the season, Arsenal were winning comfortably and we were huffing and puffing at 0-0, we managed in the end, but it went right down to the wire.

Mate, we have a weak squad, we might have been able to win one off games against the top teams, but when it comes to the actual competition of a league campaign or a cup competition, it was obvious that the squad was nowhere near strong enough to compete on more than one front at a time. As it stands right now, little has changed in that regard.
    yes we did. and if you were unbiased you would realise how great that actually was if you look at our record over the last 20+ years. no one is saying they have not made mistakes, but you give them no credit whatsoever and expect both a magic wand and beans to cure all ills.

There's going to be some embarrassed people on here by the time the transfer window closes. Hopefully, they'll do the honourable thing, hold their hands up, and admit they got it badly wrong.

Be careful what you wish for.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    See, this is different, you said that there were no other interested parties - not true, it is of no consequence that Lim did a bad job at Valencia.
    No, Ian Ayre said no other party produced proof of funds when requested.

Fair play reallash keeps going despite having his arguments murdered in general

That would be like out of The Thick It, when they accidentally agree to fund a new bank for 250 million, out of politeness

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

"FSG are out and out winners".

One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    The owners do not pick the team or train the team. They merely support the manager. Make no mistake about it we have good owners.

I think people forget FSG have no say in transfers in relation to who they actually sign - all they are concerned about is the cost of the transfer and the justification behind it

previously we have had scenario's of a manager targeting players but not having the authority or pure single mindedness to go with his belief - ie. Rodgers with Van Dijk and Salah, both who probably should of already been at the club - why Rodgers didn't back up his own belief can be argued all day long and to be honest irrelevant now

We have a manager who's singled minded in wanting Keita and Van Dijk and will not allow scouts or FSG officials to do what they did to Rodgers and make him go for other options

FSG have made mistakes in the past purely based on who they employed and listened to and not trusting the manager they had in place, it seems that stance has now changed

FSG have never not backed a manager with cash, just gone the wrong way about it at times

let this summer play out and see where we are, if we manage to land Keita and Van Dijk as expected, we'll be very much stronger going in to the season than last season

In terms of if FSG have been good owners or not, guess that cant be answered....until the day they leave

If they stay 50 years and win loads of trophies, these 8 years so far will be looked back on as a period of stability and growth before the good times, then guess we call them good owners
    If they leave next year and have 1 carling cup to there name, can't really call it successful

people will make mistakes along the way in all forms of life, no different as owners of a football club
    Last edited by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983; 18-7-17 at 12:07.