Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 354

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

  1. #1 Default FSG.....Wimps or what? 
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,169
    Anyone coming on here to see negative posts might as well look away now.

    FSG are out and out winners. Wimps don't survive in business, never mind thrive in it. FSG are proven winners in all they do, and football will be no different.

    I am so pleased, in fact somewhat overjoyed, at their realisation and learning from the mistakes made by past experiences and executives, that they are now set on the road of going for their managers first targets.

    Can you imagine the messages being sent out that if a top top player is viewed to fit in with our managers wishes and style and the player expresses a desire to play for LFC, no matter what the price is we will go after him. This is the modus operandi of winners.

    Make no mistake we are after Keita and VVD and we will get both of them.

    Don't want to see moaning and groaning about second and third choice players signing for the clubs and so missing out on them, not interested. We want the best,and players who want to play for us.

    We are so lucky FSG pulled us out of the mire when they did.

    Team tomorrow off to HK.
    When we get to Germany I hope we have a clearer picture of how far we are down the road with signings.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,998
    And what new thread will you create if we don't get either?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,987
    I think considering how it went initially with Van Dijk, perhaps this is quite premature. Let's see how it goes between now and the end of the month.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,909
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

    "FSG are out and out winners".

    One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

    "FSG are out and out winners".

    One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    Lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52,964
    I'm often quite critical of FSG but I never would have called them wimps. The problem they've faced, particularly in their early days, was that they arrived working on the assumption that they could be so much cleverer than everyone else in a game they knew comparatively little about. I think now their MO has changed to something a bit more 'brute-force' - they realise that going for an ambitious manager and allowing him to spend big money on top players in the market is the shortest path to competing for honours.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,856
    Wimps?

    Silly stuff.

    They've done well in part, brilliant in some aspects, not so good in the market historically. Some of that could be down to too many chefs & not having a manager like Klopp previously.

    We have a manager who seems single minded & clear in what he wants which unifies things.

    Getting Klopp was a coup in itself so if we get deals done for & with him, the good times may roll
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    23,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Anyone coming on here to see negative posts might as well look away now.

    FSG are out and out winners. Wimps don't survive in business, never mind thrive in it. FSG are proven winners in all they do, and football will be no different.

    I am so pleased, in fact somewhat overjoyed, at their realisation and learning from the mistakes made by past experiences and executives, that they are now set on the road of going for their managers first targets.

    Can you imagine the messages being sent out that if a top top player is viewed to fit in with our managers wishes and style and the player expresses a desire to play for LFC, no matter what the price is we will go after him. This is the modus operandi of winners.

    Make no mistake we are after Keita and VVD and we will get both of them.

    Don't want to see moaning and groaning about second and third choice players signing for the clubs and so missing out on them, not interested. We want the best,and players who want to play for us.

    We are so lucky FSG pulled us out of the mire when they did.

    Team tomorrow off to HK.
    When we get to Germany I hope we have a clearer picture of how far we are down the road with signings.


    If we do get both it will be a huge statement of intent and plenty of us will have to eat humble pie, a small price to pay for us to finally be headed in the right direction on the pitch again.

    Vvd and particularly Keita will revolutionize us, that said we have to get them first I hope it's when rather than if they arrive
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,234
    The OP must be about 3 years old, otherwise he has never seen a winner in his entire life.

    What a ridiculous thread anyway.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,969
    We haven't signed Van Dijk or Keita yet.

    You're jumping the gun.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,602
    Please close this thread.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,431
    The OPs intentions are good but this thread is bound to be hijacked by the negative ,FSG irrational haters and the personal abuse and bickering will reach new heights.
    For this reason,I too advocate that this thread gets closed down.
    Next year will be my year
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    23,097
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    The OPs intentions are good but this thread is bound to be hijacked by the negative ,FSG irrational haters and the personal abuse and bickering will reach new heights.
    For this reason,I too advocate that this thread gets closed down.
    I'm fine with this thread IF we do sign both Keita and vvd, it's just unlike say Graeme Kelly, I won't believe either deals are close until we manage to sign them
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Alpha Papa is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,337
    Dear God, another FSG bashing thread.

    Oh wait, it was a hilarious misdirect!!!! LMAO, what a joker.

    Still, think we're all glad to have another pointless FSG thread clogging up the boards.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    The OP must be about 3 years old, otherwise he has never seen a winner in his entire life.

    What a ridiculous thread anyway.
    Yep.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    The OP must be about 3 years old, otherwise he has never seen a winner in his entire life.

    What a ridiculous thread anyway.
    Indeed
    There is a big difference between being good at business, and being good for a football club - Witness Mike Ashley

    I personally believe FSG are good for this football club, and the lack of trophies has been down to them taking bad advice and consequently making bad decisions.
    Thankfully, they got the all important decision to employ Klopp right !
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23,814
    Mieux veux tard que jamais, that's if they do sign VVD and Keita of course, eh Rodney.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Indeed
    There is a big difference between being good at business, and being good for a football club - Witness Mike Ashley

    I personally believe FSG are good for this football club, and the lack of trophies has been down to them taking bad advice and consequently making bad decisions.
    Thankfully, they got the all important decision to employ Klopp right !
    Total sense.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    431
    Premature celebration. Good to see FSG targeting top players but if we don't get them, nothing will have changed. Only actual signings count and without VVD and Baby Keith we will still be same old same old. If they sign, it's the start of a new era which hopefully leads to trophies. 1 League Cup in 7 years not worth bragging about. We are Liverpool, not Wigan.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    637
    Go home Gordon , your drunk
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,146
    I've always been happy with FSG - the fact that we have only won one Carling Cup in 7 years is just the way the dice have fallen. We could and should have won more than that with the players we have had in their era.

    They have strengthened the club in so many ways since their arrival, allowed the managers to re-invest transfer fees in different players.

    Anyone that moans that they have not stumped up 100m+ of their own money to invest in players is frankly deluded - they are different owners to Chelsea and City - they are businessmen and running the club properly. We are thankfully now a world away from the likes of Hicks & Gillette and anybody that does not appreciate FSG should go read the excellent 'The Epic Swindle' to know more about the sort of owners we have had in the past.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    25,999
    Excuse me, there's a bucket outside I need to be sick into.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    48,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Excuse me, there's a bucket outside I need to be sick into.
    Consider yourself excused darling
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Mieux veux tard que jamais, that's if they do sign VVD and Keita of course, eh Rodney.
    Mieux vaut tard que jamais.



    Regards.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Excuse me, there's a bucket outside I need to be sick into.
    Get your head out of the bucket mate. We have a fine future ahead of us !
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    669
    The Thread has a good intention and I suscribe to his optimism. Maybe a little premature as neither player is in Red yet but I believe too that both will come. Traditionally, Klopp likes to get his business done early. Now he's saying that we must be patient which coincides with reputed negotiations with both Southampton and Leipzig. And we are not chasing any alternatives. The chase is really on... Obviously, FSG will be funding both.
    Gordon maybe premature but in that case he is also correct.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23,814
    Quote Originally Posted by VingtDieux View Post
    Mieux vaut tard que jamais.



    Regards.
    vaut or veut?

    Sorry it's been a while since I parle'd
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    33,426
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I'm not against FSG but you've really set yourself up to look like an idiot here.

    "FSG are out and out winners".

    One Carling Cup in 7 years.
    End thread here please.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,326
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    End thread here please.
    Again. Get your head out of the bucket mate. We have a fine future ahead of us !
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    33,426
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Again. Get your head out of the bucket mate. We have a fine future ahead of us !
    I've given them praise for all the good stuff they've done but I think they've had enough time to be judged although some maybe harsh you can't blame anyone for it.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •