Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG.....Wimps or what?

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    no apology. you are wrong. he made his money through grain and commodities. explain how he or fsg can be classed as "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm" by selling grain???
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    For me, off the pitch FSG have been brilliant. They've increased revenue , they've removed debt, they've increased the size of the stadium and hopefully are going to make it even bigger, they've gone out and got us as good a manager as there is anywhere.

On the pitch is nothing to do with them apart from making money available for transfers so that we can compete with the sugar daddy clubs. They've promised money this summer, if Klopp wants certain players and they refuse to sanction those purchases then very big questions are going to be asked.

However, if RBL and Southampton completely refuse to sell the boys we want and we haven't got back up options then that for me is totally down to Klopp and his team.
    Good post IMO. I think FSG are good owners.Had a few teething troubles but who doesn“t. I think John Henry is the 4th biggest investor in the EPL. Ranks higher than Man C. sheikh who shares their costs with a Chinese consortium. That is serious commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    you were wrong then as you are wrong now. jwh has never been in hedge funds. you know this so why the continued hate.
    Kal, would you like some cream for that burn?

you were wrong then as you are wrong now. jwh has never been in hedge funds. you know this so why the continued hate.
    OK, just admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    OK, just admit you're wrong.
    try reading my reply to that post. no apology. tbh mate it would make life easier if he just said plainly why he hates them instead of always beating around the bush. i get some may not, and that fine. but at least have the guts to say why.

try reading my reply to that post. no apology. tbh mate it would make life easier if he just said plainly why he hates them instead of always beating around the bush. i get some may not, and that fine. but at least have the guts to say why.
    But you were wrong about the hedge funds, yeah?

Is this important to you Cull?

Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

Is this important to you Cull?
    He's a glory hunter
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    He's a glory hunter

Standing on the shoulders of point scoring giants

why is it that important. what part of my post is difficult to understand. how does selling grain ie: commodities be it under the umbrella of a hedge fund name or not equate to john henry being classed as "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm"

or do you just want to take cheap shots.

no apology. you are wrong. he made his money through grain and commodities. explain how he or fsg can be classed as "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm" by selling grain???
    So, I have provided evidence which shows in large lettering , unmissable sentences, clear and unambiguous proof and still you refuse to accept it. I can only assume that all of the journalists who penned the articles are wrong as well, perhaps you should inform them of their error.

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    So, I have provided evidence which shows in large lettering , unmissable sentences, clear and unambiguous proof and still you refuse to accept it. I can only assume that all of the journalists who penned the articles are wrong as well, perhaps you should inform them of their error.
    ok, just to please you fine it was a hedge fund, better now..

so why does it mean this for john henry and fsg: "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm" exactly what are you on about.

why is it that important. what part of my post is difficult to understand. how does selling grain ie: commodities be it under the umbrella of a hedge fund name or not equate to john henry being classed as "these people are amoral leeches, exploiting, causing misery and harm"

It is not just important it is vital.

In recent years, the exploits of hedge funders have been seen in Greece, Argentina, USA, UK, Iceland (a novel approach was adopted by the people of Iceland, towards these leeches). These hedge funds specialize in buying up “distressed” assets and commodities such as grain and pushing the respective governments or industries into taking on a level of debt they can’t afford under predatory rates and conditions imposed by the hedge fund managers. At the same time, these hedge fund groups are lobbying governments to not allow any declaration of bankruptcy, as doing so would cut into their profits, hence we see more debt loaded on to countries and bank bailouts funded from the public purse, to infact bailout hedge funders. This results in recession and austerity.....sound familiar? But its OK, the hedge funders will be making a fortune whilst others suffer as a direct result of their actions. The next wave of hedge fund inspired recession is about to take place, but don't worry too much, the hedge funders will be fine.......These 'types' are not people that I can countenance.

I can't really make it any more clear that that, is that OK for you dear.

It is not just important it is vital.

In recent years, the exploits of hedge funders have been seen in Greece, Argentina, and USA. These hedge funds specialize in buying up “distressed” assets and commodities such as grain and pushing the respective governments or industries into taking on a level of debt they can’t afford under predatory rates and conditions imposed by the hedge fund managers. At the same time, these hedge fund groups are lobbying governments to not allow any declaration of bankruptcy, as doing so would cut into their profits, hence we see more debt loaded on to countries and bank bailouts. This results in recession and austerity.....sound familiar? But its OK, the hedge funders will be making a fortune whilst others suffer as a direct result of their actions. The next wave of hedge fund inspired recession is about to take place, but don't worry too much, the hedge funders will be fine.......These 'types' are not people that I can countenance.

I can't really make it any more clear that that, is that OK for you dear.
    so, you take something and use it as a broad brush and label everything the same. john henry bought and soldl commodities by means of an algorithm he designed to take advantage of fluctuations in the market - is that so wrong. hedge fund is quite a large umbrella and also covers stocks and shares.

i think you are looking at a bigger problem tbh and its not quite as simple as you think. if you really felt as you do then why not cut ties with your bank who are more likely to be the hedge funds your actually on about. in fact why bother with football as barclays are probably top of that list.

i think you are using it as an excuse because they are american or sacked kenny tbh.

so, you take something and use it as a broad brush and label everything the same. john henry bought and soldl commodities by means of an algorithm he designed to take advantage of fluctuations in the market - is that so wrong. hedge fund is quite a large umbrella and also covers stocks and shares.

i think you are looking at a bigger problem tbh and its not quite as simple as you think. if you really felt as you do then why not cut ties with your bank who are more likely to be the hedge funds your actually on about. in fact why bother with football as barclays are probably top of that list.

i think you are using it as an excuse because they are american or sacked kenny tbh.
    There are no excuses, I just can't be doing with these people, its really that simple mate.

I am a member of a credit union, left me bank a while ago.

Nothing to do with them being American, nothing at all, I spend a significant amount of time in the US, my son was born in the US and so is a citizen.

Sacking Kenny, well, it wasn't good, but it was a while ago now, I mean 2 managers ago!!! I am not that obsessive!!!

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Our fans are mad. FSG bail us out the **** (only interested party to produce proof of funds when needed) Pump a further c.£300m into LFC and write half of it off! Build us the new stand and they are looking into doing the Anfield road end up. We now dont have any significant debt and will be spenind a huge amlount this summer on new players but some fans STILL hate them.

On the flip side Evertons owners wouldn't even buy the land for their new stadium (£22.2m) and had to lend £60m off the Chinese to buy new players putting them in more debt but he's all of a sudden the best thing since sliced bread!

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Our fans are mad. FSG bail us out the **** (only interested party to produce proof of funds when needed) Pump a further c.£300m into LFC and write half of it off! Build us the new stand and they are looking into doing the Anfield road end up. We now dont have any significant debt and will be spenind a huge amlount this summer on new players but some fans STILL hate them.

On the flip side Evertons owners wouldn't even buy the land for their new stadium (£22.2m) and had to lend £60m off the Chinese to buy new players putting them in more debt but he's all of a sudden the best thing since sliced bread!
    Mostly agree, but we are in all likelihood using our overdraft to buy players also. Of course most of that will be paid off at the end of the season.

Sacked a club legend in a disgraceful manner, tried to rip the fans off with ticket prices before we put them back in their place, several bogus appointments (Comolli, Rodgers, committee, Chang), nowhere to be seen during the Suarez Evra affair when the clubs name was dragged through the mud, show up at Anfield once or twice a season at best etc etc

You can portray these guys as saints with your ignorance a you want. But their 7 years as owners is on record.

Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular

Funny you should mention that because at the moment I can see slight parallels between Moores selling to G&H and Everton with Kenwright and Morishi...
    Klopps beard twin

Whether FSG are owners of this club for the next 3 years or the next 30 years, the manner in which they sacked Kenny Dalglish will be a stain on their ownership forever.

Oh come on, they bought themselves an asset on the cheap....bailed us out!!! The couldn't care less about us, they saw a chance to make a killing. Its a little like me seeing a run down house with an owner in financial difficulty, who can't afford to do it up or pay the mortgage. If I come along and offer him the bare minimum for his property and he walks away with nothing once his debt is paid, do you really think that he will be thanking me for bailing him out?

The stand represents 125 mil debt, which we will be paying off for the next 6-7 years, the Rd End would represent .....maybe 80-100 mil debt, that we will also have to pay back to FSG, so, don't lets pretend that we are debt free, both stands (if the Rd End ever gets done, which I doubt) will put is approx 200 mil in debt, on infrastructure alone. Put another way, LFC will not benefit financially from the new stand(s) for the duration of JKs tenure. As for hate....grow up, we don't know these people and never will.

Not even the slightest interest in what the blue sihte do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Sacked a club legend in a disgraceful manner, tried to rip the fans off with ticket prices before we put them back in their place, several bogus appointments (Comolli, Rodgers, committee, Chang), nowhere to be seen during the Suarez Evra affair when the clubs name was dragged through the mud, show up at Anfield once or twice a season at best etc etc

You can portray these guys as saints with your ignorance a you want. But their 7 years as owners is on record.
    Why can't there be a middle ground? They're not saints but at the same time they're not bad owners.

It was the right decision to sack Kenny.

Ticket prices again they were in the wrong.

Their first choice manager after Kenny was Klopp but he stayed loyal to Dortmund. Rodgers seemed the best option at the time, and let's not pretend he's not one of the best in the world at talking the talk. The committee is linked in with Rodgers as he refused to work with a DoF. Also if it wasn't for one literal slip, you wouldn't be calling him a bogus appointment.

Chang - you'll have to explain mate, no idea about that.

Showing up at Anfield once or twice a season - well no ****, they live across the Atlantic.

At the end of the day you can accuse BWM for ignorance but it's a bit hypocritical when you're just as ignorant yourself when discussing FSG. There is allowed to be a middle ground, and that's pretty much where they are.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Whether FSG are owners of this club for the next 3 years or the next 30 years, the manner in which they sacked Kenny Dalglish will be a stain on their ownership forever.
    Kenny seems to hold no grudges over it...so I'm not sure why some fans do.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Sacked a club legend in a disgraceful manner, tried to rip the fans off with ticket prices before we put them back in their place, several bogis appointments (Comolli, Rodgers, committee, Chang), nowhere to be seen during the Suarez Evra affair when the clubs nane was dragged through the mud, show up at Anfield once or twice a season at best etc etc

We dont know what went on with Kenny but he's now on the board after their fall out which says a lot.

ripped fans off by charging locals £9 a ticket? we have the cheapest match day ticket in the league right now, what FSG tried to do was charge more for better seats and less for seats in the corners and outside edges, like the German clubs do! it wasn't increasing the CPS. I dont think it was such a bad Idea, all the tickets in the Kop were being reduced, now they have stayed the same.

FSG are the owners who live in America, they dont need to be here week in week out, they employ people to run LFC for them. Yes they have made mistakes in personal but it didn't take them long to rectify it.

You can say what you want but they have been very good owners, it could have been so much worse.

Oh come on, they bought themselves an asset on the cheap....bailed us out!!! The couldn't care less about us, they saw a chance to make a killing. Its a little like me seeing a run down house with an owner in financial difficulty, who can't afford to do it up or pay the mortgage. If I come along and offer him the bare minimum for his property and he walks away with nothing once his debt is paid, do you really think that he will be thanking me for bailing him out?

The stand represents 125 mil debt, which we will be paying off for the next 6-7 years, the Rd End would represent .....maybe 80-100 mil debt, that we will also have to pay back to FSG, so, don't lets pretend that we are debt free, both stands (if the Rd End ever gets done, which I doubt) will put is approx 200 mil in debt, on infrastructure alone. Put another way, LFC will not benefit financially from the new stand(s) for the duration of JKs tenure. As for hate....grow up, we don't know these people and never will.

Not even the slightest interest in what the blue sihte do.
    They were the only interested party to produce proof of funds when asked to by RBS. No one else could, we were days if not hours away from administration!! If it wasnt for FSG we would be a completely different club right now.

Spurs are about to be in £800m debt for their stadium, Everton maybe the same WITH INTEREST. £200m interest free is better than we could have ever got before for a c.60,000 stadium.

To moan about our owners you have to compare them to other owners. FSG are in this to make money, isn't everyone? we go to work to make money, we dont do it for free because we love the job. Why should John Henry be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Why can't there be a middle ground? They're not saints but at the same time they're not bad owners.

It was the right decision to sack Kenny.

Ticket prices again they were in the wrong.

Their first choice manager after Kenny was Klopp but he stayed loyal to Dortmund. Rodgers seemed the best option at the time, and let's not pretend he's not one of the best in the world at talking the talk. The committee is linked in with Rodgers as he refused to work with a DoF. Also if it wasn't for one literal slip, you wouldn't be calling him a bogus appointment.

Chang - you'll have to explain mate, no idea about that.

Showing up at Anfield once or twice a season - well no ****, they live across the Atlantic.

At the end of the day you can accuse BWM for ignorance but you're ignorant yourself when discussing FSG. There is allowed to be a middle ground, and that's pretty much where they are.
    Ok, the bolded shows that you do not represent the middle ground

First - Kenny sacked, you say was the right decision - let me remind you, he got to 2 finals in his first full season, sound familiar - and won one. Apparently, his failure was not getting top 4, that is why he was sacked, cups don't matter- we were told!!!!. We would be changing manager very frequently indeed if that was the criteria.

Rodgers - disaster, set the club back years

Tickets- HA, a new fiasco is unfolding right now

Chang - HA

Showing up - something called commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    Mostly agree, but we are in all likelihood using our overdraft to buy players also. Of course most of that will be paid off at the end of the season.
    We 100% use our overdraft to buy players, but JH has (as you said) paid that off at the end of every season and created shares (like RA at Chelsea) to buy them with the 'debt' will Moshiri do that? after not forking out £22.2m for the stadium land I doubt it. In 6/7 years LFC will fully own our stadium. In 40 years only then can Everton THINK about buying their stadium, thats after paying £14m pa (£560m) to lease plus paying another loan to help fund the build!! Spurs will be about the same.

They were the only interested party to produce proof of funds when asked to by RBS. No one else could, we were days if not hours away from administration!! If it wasnt for FSG we would be a completely different club right now.

Spurs are about to be in £800m debt for their stadium, Everton maybe the same WITH INTEREST. £200m interest free is better than we could have ever got before for a c.60,000 stadium.

To moan about our owners you have to compare them to other owners. FSG are in this to make money, isn't everyone? we go to work to make money, we dont do it for free because we love the job. Why should John Henry be any different?
    I don't expect Henry to be any different to anyone else, I also don't expect him to be held up as a knight in shining armour, who rode to our rescue.

Broughton said that there were other interested parties. Indeed Broughton did not want to sell to FSG, he said that the only good thing about them is that they exist, he suggested that going with FSG was scraping the bottom of the barrel, I suppose he hates them as well like!!

You just can't admit that you were wrong and I'd like you to do it.

Just answer the question.

None of this is important to me, just the part where you accept you got it wrong. I think everyone would like to see you admit that.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Kenny seems fine with it and now works for and with the same owners again, maybe you should finally move on.

I'm surd John Henry wishes he could have done things different but that is no reason to hopd a grudge still 5 years later and if the king himself has the class to not be arsed about it us fans should follow suit.