Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Discussion Thread

1. #1 Jordan Henderson Jordan Henderson Discussion Thread 
    Looks like we have set our sights on a new Centre Back, Holding Midfielder, and Left Back to close out the transfers this summer, but I can't help feeling that we need a direct replacement to Henderson.

I know we have Can but he's not at the same level as Henderson and with Henderson so injury prone it begs the question of finding an immediate backup with such a busy season ahead, it all also begs the question; should Henderson be captain when he spends so much time off the field, or should we be looking to give the armband to somebody else?

My money would be on Van Dijk getting the armband eventually should he sign, however such a thing would be ridiculous next season.

Who would be a direct replacement for Hendo, should Klopp identify this area as a weakness?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Klopp likes Henderson and he'll be first choice as long as he stays fit.
    ?

I like hendo as captain, he's a good leader. Hopefully he can stay fit now he's had an extended break.

And also, I can't see anyone else that is better suited

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Haha!

Pandora's Box.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Klopp likes Henderson and he'll be first choice as long as he stays fit.
    That's the problem - a captain should be on the field much more than Henderson is in order to lead from the front - hope he avoids injury's to that dodgy heel this season.

Hendo is a good captain. We should make him one for life really.

Quote Originally Posted by BenF2015 View Post
    That's the problem - a captain should be on the field much more than Henderson is in order to lead from the front - hope he avoids injury's to that dodgy heel this season.
    Henderson's proved himself for me.
    ?

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    I think he's a good but not excellent player who's our best option for captain at this moment in time. But I can see that changing soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    I think he's a good but not excellent player who's our best option for captain at this moment in time. But I can see that changing soon enough.
    I don't think we have an excellent player in midfield yet mate. Henderson is probably the best of the bunch imo.
    ?

Looks like we have set our sights on a new Centre Back, Holding Midfielder, and Left Back to close out the transfers this summer, but I can't help feeling that we need a direct replacement to Henderson.

I know we have Can but he's not at the same level as Henderson and with Henderson so injury prone it begs the question of finding an immediate backup with such a busy season ahead, it all also begs the question; should Henderson be captain when he spends so much time off the field, or should we be looking to give the armband to somebody else?

My money would be on Van Dijk getting the armband eventually should he sign, however such a thing would be ridiculous next season.

Who would be a direct replacement for Hendo, should Klopp identify this area as a weakness?
    I must have been asleep. What holding midfielder have we been looking at? All I hear (constantly) is a midfielder, a centre back and a junior left back. None of the three names always mentioned are holding midfielders. So your thread already has a bit of a problem.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    I don't think we have an excellent player in midfield yet mate. Henderson is probably the best of the bunch imo.
    When Coutinho moves back there we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I must have been asleep. What holding midfielder have we been looking at? All I hear (constantly) is a midfielder, a centre back and a junior left back. None of the three names always mentioned are holding midfielders. So your thread already has a bit of a problem.
    I think you will find us using Keita in that role you self righteous, pedantic, keyboard warrior.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Hendo is a good captain on and off the pitch and he's our longest serving player aside from Flanno, that aside there is nobody else with the required leadership skills and/or that would be better then Hendo at this moment in time to be captain.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    I disagree with the OP's suggestion that Henderson is better than Can. They both have pluses and minuses. They both can contribute.

I prefer Can when physicality is needed but I'd understand if others take a different view. And I find Henderson's gestures/instructions to other players during games annoying because most of the time he's simply wrong or they are pointless.

That said, the armband is not changing any time soon unless he has another injury plagued season. If that happens, a change will have to be made next summer.

Agreed......NYM

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Away Red View Post
    Agreed......NYM
    We need both and more next season ...... Keita ..

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    We need both and more next season ...... Keita ..
    Can't see Keita acting in the same way as Hendo/Can - he's not the tallest player and either likes to attack or sit back and sweep the defence, having said that, his versatility would be an added bonus and a greatly appreciated addition to a fairly thin squad.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    I disagree with the OP's suggestion that Henderson is better than Can. They both have pluses and minuses. They both can contribute.

I prefer Can when physicality is needed but I'd understand if others take a different view. And I find Henderson's gestures/instructions to other players during games annoying because most of the time he's simply wrong or they are pointless.

That said, the armband is not changing any time soon unless he has another injury plagued season. If that happens, a change will have to be made next summer.
    Pointless pointing. Yes. Get it #trending. It's the new dabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    Hendo is a good captain. We should make him one for life really.
    No ! We should honourate him in Italian

El Capitano

Personally don't think he should have been made captain in the first place.

I think you will find us using Keita in that role you self righteous, pedantic, keyboard warrior.
    If we don't use him as DM and we wont use him in that way I'll expect you wont admit you were wrong.

But me? Self righteous yep, the other two no way!

RedInferno74 is online now Academy prospect
    If he can stay fit long term, I don't have any issue with him being captain. Doesn't look too good based on the last couple of seasons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    If we don't use him as DM and we wont use him in that way I'll expect you wont admit you were wrong.

But me? Self righteous yep, the other two no way!
    Actually, calling me out on minor detail (yes players position is officially CM for record purposes, but he plays more than that role including DM/HM) is the very definition of pedantic.

Are we buying him for a laugh then? The purpose of forking out big money for such a versatile player is to use his versatility. When you consider we already have an abundance of midfielders who push forward and the likely departure of Lucas, there's an almost undoubtable chance he'll be spending many games in the holding role.

I like Henderson but I'd make Phillipe Coutinho the captain.

I really could care less about the captaincy's armband.

All that matters is the XI on the pitch all communicate, enjoy playing their stuff that they've been working on in training.. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    I really could care less about the captaincy's armband.

All that matters is the XI on the pitch all communicate, enjoy playing their stuff that they've been working on in training.. simple as that.
    It's not really as simple as that though is it... mental game (including the presence of a leader and motivator on the pitch) is as much important... without Gerrard's pivotal influence in that respect in Istanbul, we would have been crushed.

Lallana

It's not really as simple as that though is it... mental game (including the presence of a leader and motivator on the pitch) is as much important... without Gerrard's pivotal influence in that respect in Istanbul, we would have been crushed.
    Every team has their main man who can improvise and pull something out the hat but every player has an equal responsibility on the field.