Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Discussion Thread

Emra i nearly dropped dead stickin upfor hendo lol and lallan like firmino they r the best pressers so there one of first name in klopp reign
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Ha ha, 'for some reason'.
    I just wonder how you go from singing about having the greatest midfield to being satisfied with what Henderson brings.It takes someone to massively drop expectations and settle

Who is the gretest mid emre

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie-TeKkErS- View Post
    Don't think he uses these forums mate

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    U avin a gd nite pal

As i dont really watch any other league its a honest question

If we do sign Keita, and everyone's healthy (HahaHAhahha - but for argument's sake) who sits? Doubt Can will sign his new contract without 1st team reassurances. Wijnaldum? Lallana? As Keita and Can are central MF's - box to box or defensive - Hendo?

Can't be captain unless he's first team - though I reckon Wijnaldum sits, as he did for Can at the beginning of last season.

Either way - I agree with those on here - Coutinho, as the face of the team and most dominant player.

Xabi,Masch and Gerrard

Yes bring them days back i dream we can not sign them now ever one moved on sign kenny whealn emlin tommy smith

U know wot i meant as in now ?Lol

Even busby and st john lol

Im embarrassed as i can not remember speedy

Sorry all its a hendo thread hes ok for me

Emra i nearly dropped dead stickin upfor hendo lol and lallan like firmino they r the best pressers so there one of first name in klopp reign
    What nationality are you ?

Polite question, as your English seems a little off track.

Quote Originally Posted by elmo the cat View Post
    What nationality are you ?

Polite question, as your English seems a little off track.
    To say the least. He's probably asking decent questions but I just can't get through one of his posts with that grammar and text speak. It's actually painful to read. Before the usual come out with 'grammar police', there's bad grammar and then there's this. I'm hoping English is not his first language

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I just wonder how you go from singing about having the greatest midfield to being satisfied with what Henderson brings.It takes someone to massively drop expectations and settle
    Momo Sissoko is also in that song - and Hendo is a much better player than Sissoko was. So I don't see your point.

Take Sissoko out, and none of our current midfielders stands up to the remaining 3 from the song.
    I'm the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by snowkot View Post
    If we do sign Keita, and everyone's healthy (HahaHAhahha - but for argument's sake) who sits? Doubt Can will sign his new contract without 1st team reassurances. Wijnaldum? Lallana? As Keita and Can are central MF's - box to box or defensive - Hendo?

Can't be captain unless he's first team - though I reckon Wijnaldum sits, as he did for Can at the beginning of last season.

Either way - I agree with those on here - Coutinho, as the face of the team and most dominant player.
    I got a headache reading this.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Because I didn't think it was the best midfield in the world. What did 'The best midfield in the world' actually win?
    Also, in 08/09 Gerrard was a forward not a midfielder. I seriously rated Alonso (one of our best midfielders ever IMHO). I thought Mash was massively overrated. Couldn't care less how much flak that gets me. He played in a more advanced position than Alonso but created next to nothing. Went to Barcelona and couldn't get anywhere near their midfield.
    For the record, I don't think Henderson is some amazing midfielder, but (when fit) I'd start him ahead of Can who I think is hilariously overrated.
    The same people were going on about Dahoud, another massively overrated midfielder.
    Who I rate is Keita and I was raving about him for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    I got a headache reading this.
    This whole thread is headache worthy

Sorry this is such a disrespectful and ***** thread to start. Don't really endorse these type of threads but hey that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Because I didn't think it was the best midfield in the world. What did 'The best midfield in the world' actually win?
    Also, in 08/09 Gerrard was a forward not a midfielder. I seriously rated Alonso (one of our best midfielders ever IMHO). I thought Mash was massively overrated. Couldn't care less how much flak that gets me. He played in a more advanced position than Alonso but created next to nothing. Went to Barcelona and couldn't get anywhere near their midfield.
    For the record, I don't think Henderson is some amazing midfielder, but (when fit) I'd start him ahead of Can who I think is hilariously overrated.
    The same people were going on about Dahoud, another massively overrated midfielder.
    Who I rate is Keita and I was raving about him for ages.
    Wow so much wrong with this post.
    "The best midfield didn't win us anything" yeah like they were not up against Tevez,Ronaldo and Rooney
    You think Mascherano was overrated because he didn't get a peep into th barca mid -Like Sergio Bosquets a man tailor made for Barcelona would be easy to displace.What great team wanted Henderson ?
    Do you believe that great midfield is better with Henderson on it than Mascherano since you think he is overrated ?

Hendo isn't a bad captain, he's just not a world class midfielder.

If we sign Naby, that's one less position Hendo can compete for. If the manager decides to play Naby as a box to box CM or in the DM/quarterback/controller role Hendo will see a lot less minutes.

Klopp has a lot of quality attacking midfield options with Salah, Mane, Lallana, (possibly) Firmino and Coutinho. Can't see Kieta being employed in that role.

Keep Hendo as captain, doesn't mean he's gotta start

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Hendo isn't a bad captain, he's just not a world class midfielder.

If we sign Naby, that's one less position Hendo can compete for. If the manager decides to play Naby as a box to box CM or in the DM/quarterback/controller role Hendo will see a lot less minutes.

Klopp has a lot of quality attacking midfield options with Salah, Mane, Lallana, (possibly) Firmino and Coutinho. Can't see Kieta being employed in that role.

Keep Hendo as captain, doesn't mean he's gotta start
    He isn't even close to being a top class midfielder let alone world class.

What an awful thread!

Have a read of this:
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...-top-4-finish/

To summarise we do a lot better with Henderson playing than we do without. Is Keita a better midfielder, probably. Will it be Henderson that drops to the bench to accommodate Keita, I doubt it.

Competition for the deeper 3 midfield places next year will be strong:
    Henderson
    Lallana
    Winjaldum
    Can
    Milner

We even saw Coutinho in the deeper role at the end of last season.

From what I've seen of Keita (which apart from YouTube isn't a lot) I think it's Winjaldum who will miss out.

What I can't get my head around is how we will play next year now Salah has arrived, with the money we've spent I'd expect him to be a starter but what formation?

4-3-3 - midfield and up:

--------------------- Henderson -------------------------

---------- Keita ------------------- Coutinho ------------

Mane ---------------------------------------------- Salah

----------------------- Firmino ---------------------------

Or was he bought to be swapped in and out instead of Mane so we aren't relying on Mane all the time especially with extra games for champions league?

If that's the case then we're looking at 2 players for every position:

------------------- Henderson / Can --------------------

-------- Lallana / Milner ------ Keita / Winjaldum -----

Mane / Salah ------------------------ Coutinho / Grujic

------------------ Firmino / Sturridge ------------------

That's still leaving out players like Origi, Ings, Solanko and where can youngsters like Woodburn, Wilson, Ejaria, Chilivera get a look in?

Quote Originally Posted by KingKenny_72 View Post
    Have a read of this:

To summarise we do a lot better with Henderson playing than we do without. Is Keita a better midfielder, probably. Will it be Henderson that drops to the bench to accommodate Keita, I doubt it.

Competition for the deeper 3 midfield places next year will...
    This is all assuming the manager doesn't want to play Keita (if we nab him) in a deeper position.

Whats to stop LFC from fielding Keita (DM) Coutinho (AM) and Lallana (AM) in the central berths with Mane and Salah out wide?

Or perhaps even Keita (DM), Gini (CM) and Lallana (AM) in a fluid midfield with Mane and Coutinho on the wings?

Theres also a strong argument for Can (DM) to feature with Keita (CM) and Firmino (AM) in the middle with perhaps a fit Studge up front?

Before we even start thinking about Hendo we shouldn't forget Grujic, Ejaria and Milner (our Brazilian prospect de Souza won't get a work permit)

There's a multitude of possible options available. IMHO Hendo will get time, just not as much as he'd probably like. Should still be captain.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Whats to stop LFC from fielding Keita (DM) Coutinho (AM) and Lallana (AM) in the central berths with Mane and Salah out wide?
    Competent opposition?

That midfield would get bullied and bypassed in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Competent opposition?

That midfield would get bullied and bypassed in the Prem.
    Maybe, maybe not. I've seen the midgets at Arsenal dominate midfields without any one of them even having a clue how to tackle.

That was only a few seasons ago, so perhaps it's not so black and white.

From past LFC 1st team players, if only Henderson had Momo Sissoko's defensive qualities, Stevie Gerrard's quick feet and Xabi Alonso's passing range.

He's got more Jamie Redknapp's lack of proper defensive qualities, Lucas Leiva's not so quick feet and Jonjo Shelvey's passing ability... but he covers ground.

He's no Christian Poulsen tho (thank the Lord!). I'd keep him as captain for one reason and one reason only... his stare versus Costa. Was magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by KingKenny_72 View Post
    Have a read of this:

Competition for the deeper 3 midfield places next year will be strong:
    Henderson
    Lallana
    Winjaldum
    Can
    Milner

We even saw Coutinho in the deeper role at the end of last season.

From what I've seen of Keita (which apart from YouTube isn't a lot) I think it's Winjaldum who will miss out.

What I can't get my head around is how we will play next year now Salah has arrived, with the money we've spent I'd expect him to be a starter but what formation?

4-3-3 - midfield and up:

--------------------- Henderson -------------------------

---------- Keita ------------------- Coutinho ------------

Mane ---------------------------------------------- Salah

----------------------- Firmino ---------------------------

Or was he bought to be swapped in and out instead of Mane so we aren't relying on Mane all the time especially with extra games for champions league?

If that's the case then we're looking at 2 players for every position:

------------------- Henderson / Can --------------------

-------- Lallana / Milner ------ Keita / Winjaldum -----

Mane / Salah ------------------------ Coutinho / Grujic

------------------ Firmino / Sturridge ------------------

That's still leaving out players like Origi, Ings, Solanko and where can youngsters like Woodburn, Wilson, Ejaria, Chilivera get a look in?
    That article you linked to is absolutely embarrassing and is one of the reasons Henderson gets a lot of stick, caused by his own fans.

That article was posted after the run of games:
    -Arsenal: 3-1
    -Burnley: 2-1
    -Man City: 1-1

Talking about Henderson as some sort of saviour, when we were actually in our best form of 2017 and Can was doing an excellent job! (Oh, and the next match was the 3-1 against Everton).

The stats are also outdated, our win percentage with and without him last season were virtually the same.

So yeah, it wasn't the intention of your post, but you've managed to find us a PERFECT example of why some fans get annoyed at this God-like perception of Henderson.

Oh and, the headline: Jordan Henderson’s return can help seal Liverpool’s top-4 finish.

News flash: he never returned and we still sealed a top 4 finish.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    That article you linked to is absolutely embarrassing and is one of the reasons Henderson gets a lot of stick, caused by his own fans.

That article was posted after the run of games:
    -Arsenal: 3-1
    -Burnley: 2-1
    -Man City: 1-1

Talking about Henderson as some sort of saviour, when we were actually in our best form of 2017 and Can was doing an excellent job! (Oh, and the next match was the 3-1 against Everton).

The stats are also outdated, our win percentage with and without him last season were virtually the same.

So yeah, it wasn't the intention of your post, but you've managed to find us a PERFECT example of why some fans get annoyed at this God-like perception of Henderson.

Oh and, the headline: Jordan Henderson’s return can help seal Liverpool’s top-4 finish.

News flash: he never returned and we still sealed a top 4 finish.
    Do you think you are prone to over exaggerating perhaps?

While you might be right in your critical analysis of an article, your poster name is 'EmreSam' which would suggest you are not the most balanced yourself when it comes to discussing midfielders at the club generally