Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,831 to 1,851 of 1851

Thread: Jordan Henderson Discussion Thread

What I can't believe is comparing Wijnaldum with Henderson.
    One had 1 season in a red shirt and the other is here since 2011.

And don't compare Can to them because he is (only) 23 years and has potential.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Khangsar View Post

Potential, yes Can does have potential... a hell of a lot of potential to move off to Juventus for free at the end of the season. Heís not signing any LFC contract any time soon as far as I know.

Gini hasnít failed to deliver as far as Iím concerned. Heís done at LFC exactly what he did at Newcastle, disappeared for long streaks he then popped up and scores the odd goal to remind everyone heís still on the pitch. But heíll be a decent squad player.

Some here have been saying the same things about Hendersonís game since 2011, others came up with every excuse under the sun to hide what was obvious... 1). Gerrard is holding him back 2). His passes back to the player he received the ball from are a clever 1-2 obviously 3). Heís not hiding in midfield heís providing legs 4). His long passes are to spread play not to get the ball as far away from him as possible... etc.

Still I agree, whatís the point in comparing them? Neither are excelling for LFC
    Last edited by Joe-El; 6-10-17 at 18:44.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    So the penny is finally dropping with the Eng fans and the Media as to how negative Henderson is. Klopp next?

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    So the penny is finally dropping with the Eng fans and the Media as to how negative Henderson is. Klopp next?
    It will be a glorious day if Klopp ever sees it, but dont count on it

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    I dont think anyone but liverpool fans ever rated him to begin with, if he wasn't a liverpool player most our fans wouldnt either

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I dont think anyone but liverpool fans ever rated him to begin with, if he wasn't a liverpool player most our fans wouldnt either
    But now they are really noticing how poor he is and how negative he is. He is the perfect England player!

No doubt... That's what is so maddening... If he was shoehorned into someone else's squad because he was captain and was obviously not good enough it would be "LOL" central around here... With that said the needle is slowly moving around here as I've seen a few folks who normally blindly defend are changing their tune... Gotta take progress wherever you can get it

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No doubt... That's what is so maddening... If he was shoehorned into someone else's squad because he was captain and was obviously not good enough it would be "LOL" central around here... With that said the needle is slowly moving around here as I've seen a few folks who normally blindly defend are changing their tune... Gotta take progress wherever you can get it
    if only the manager would see it

A 17/18 has potential. A 23 yr old should, almost, be the finished article.

Quote Originally Posted by elmo the cat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by elmo the cat View Post
    Not as much a finished article as: (i) a 26/27 year old who's from the same country his club is playing in and (ii) who's played with the same club for 6+ seasons and (iii) who has a few hundred top-level games under his belt.

Is Henderson the "finished article", and if that's a yes, then exactly what kind of "article" is he? I'd say it's satire or parody myself.

Would it fill anyone with excitement if a kid was touted as the next Henderson?

The big six in this thread it would.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShop View Post
    The big six in this thread it would.
    lol I cant imagine how

Finally saw the Liverpool United game.

In the first half it was the same issues as mentioned at length, (there was one time where they passed it back and forth about 4 times standing a few yards from each other!)

Pointing to Lovren (I think) to play it back or square and Lovren just ignored him and played it forward (nothing fancy) and split the lines getting the ball up to the next phase.

But in the second half he seemed to be more relaxed and do more normal stuff like sometimes carry the ball forward or pass into a space between the lines (nothing too elaborate but more direct)

I think the other teams rather let him have the ball than Matip, maybe it's clicked that he has more time and space than he thinks, so if he can sidestep the first closing man, the amount of positive options will increase.

Also his timing of the press seemed more normal in second half.

If the kid is as rich as yourself I think he wonít care.

Quote Originally Posted by raf_the_laf View Post
    Finally saw the Liverpool United game.

In the first half it was the same issues as mentioned at length, (there was one time where they passed it back and forth about 4 times standing a few yards from each other!)

Pointing to Lovren (I think) to play it back or square and Lovren just ignored him and played it forward (nothing fancy) and split the lines getting the ball up to the next phase.

But in the second half he seemed to be more relaxed and do more normal stuff like sometimes carry the ball forward or pass into a space between the lines (nothing too elaborate but more direct)

I think the other teams rather let him have the ball than Matip, maybe it's clicked that he has more time and space than he thinks, so if he can sidestep the first closing man, the amount of positive options will increase.

Also his timing of the press seemed more normal in second half.
    Did the game open up in the 2nd half on the screen you were watching?

Hendo's mr average. Never one of our best players (or one of the best in his position in the league), but never close to being one of our worst.

That's fine, but you can't have many of them and at the moment our whole central midfield consists of Hendersons. I don't think there's really anything to choose between Hendo, Can, Milner and Wijno - Can probably has the most potential but he's also less consistent and is of course leaving pretty soon.

It'll be interesting to see whether his place comes under threat with Keita coming in next season. Given that Can's leaving, Wijno isn't having the best season and Milner will be 32, I don't see it. Plus as always we'll have other priorities.

You do realise that saying Can is younger and has more potential, and that Hendo has been here longer IS comparing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    Did the game open up in the 2nd half on the screen you were watching?
    Mourinho got more defensive in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    If the kid is as rich as yourself I think he won’t care.