Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Premier League 2017/18 champions and top four prediction

1. #1 England Flag Premier League 2017/18 champions and top four prediction 
    The new 2017/18 campaign is just around the corner - this years title race / race for top four promises to be the most competive in the history of the Premier League.

Perhaps this thread is a little premature, as we will not be able too predict with any conviction, until our main competitors (and ourselves) have completed there transfer buisness.

But here are the main contenders in order of the position they finished in the 2016/17 season.

1. Chelsea.
    2. Spurs
    3. City
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal
    6. United

So, who do you think will be champions and which teams do you think will make the top four.

Ill get the ball rolling, here are my predictions:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Liverpool
    4. United
    5. Arsenal
    6. Spurs

To sumarise my predictions, I feel City are due a good year, they where already a good side last year but had some obvious weakness that they seem to be addressing (keeper, full-back)

Chelsea will be there or there abouts, just not sure they will have the same hunger to defend the title and the question remains, can they fully replace Costa?

Liverpool I have placed third, of course a lot will depend on whether or not we can pull off the signings of VVD and Keita, also the distraction of the Champions league will not help, but a higher quality, larger squad should help with that.

United. Mourinho second season, seems they will spend big again, and as much as it pains me too say it, do have some quality in there squad, big question, is how will Lukaku perform in his first season for the Mancs, lot of pressure and a big price tag too add pressure.

Anyway, intrested too see so e other opinions.....
    Last edited by VVD17; 16-7-17 at 22:33.
    We won't conquer the world, just the ball, every ******* time.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. United
    4. Chelsea
    5. Spurs
    6. Arsenal

I do hope too see Spurs screw up, I just dont like them, I cant put my finger on why? I guess they have built there squad fairly organically (no sugar daddy like City / Chelsea) but will just be glad to watch them fail.

Hoping they cant resist some big offers for big players and cant cope with life away from the lane, where there record was superb, for these reasons, I see them missing top four this coming season. Maybe just wishful thinking?

About six weeks too early.
    YNWA

Arsenal are a funny one to predict, if they keep Sanchez, they will have one of the best forward lines in the league, think they will be hungry and want to prove people wrong, so they could be the surprise package, especially if Lacazzete fires from the start.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Going to hold off on this for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    About six weeks too early.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
    I do hope too see Spurs screw up, I just dont like them, I cant put my finger on why? I guess they have built there squad fairly organically (no sugar daddy like City / Chelsea) but will just be glad to watch them fail.

Hoping they cant resist some big offers for big players and cant cope with life away from the lane, where there record was superb, for these reasons, I see them missing top four this coming season. Maybe just wishful thinking?
    I feel like they won't reinforce to the extent other teams will.

If they get out of the CL group stages this time, that squad will struggle. Their top subs are like, Sissoko and Janssen.

Expect a similar season to 16/17.

Think Spurs could drop out and Utd taking their place.

Hang on, but I thought after their summer business, Everton were going to win it this year

Or is this like the bookies do when there's a clear favourite, top six without Everton?

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    I feel like they won't reinforce to the extent other teams will.

If they get out of the CL group stages this time, that squad will struggle. Their top subs are like, Sissoko and Janssen.
    I think they are in a place where if they sell some of there very valuable assets, they will struggle to replace them with similar quality. They just dont have the feel of a big club. Some of there assets must be worth a fortune in todays market. Alderweirald, Alli, Kane etc. Just cant see the squad staying together long term, almost see the crop they have as a once in a lifetime thing, almost as if they have hit there peak. Especially with there reluctance too pay top wages.

Good buisness rinsing city for 45m for Walker though.

I think they are in a place where if they sell some of there very valuable assets, they will struggle to replace them with similar quality. They just dont have the feel of a big club. Some of there assets must be worth a fortune in todays market. Alderweirald, Alli, Kane etc. Just cant see the squad staying together long term, almost see the crop they have as a once in a lifetime thing, almost as if they have hit there peak. Especially with there reluctance too pay top wages.
    Aye, their wage cap will hurt them.

They can't sign a Kane, Alli, Eriksen or Alderweireld on 100,000 a week.

True
    It really is mate - too many variables.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    It really is mate - too many variables.
    Yea, we wont be able to make a prediction until we have all the information, and even then, the best predictions usually go right out of the window. How many people had Chelsea last year and Leicester the year before? I can answer that! 0. Still always fun getting the crystal ball out and trying

Arsenal are a funny one to predict, if they keep Sanchez, they will have one of the best forward lines in the league, think they will be hungry and want to prove people wrong, so they could be the surprise package, especially if Lacazzete fires from the start.
    I expect Sanchez to go to City, who will push them closer to the title. Lacazette might keep Arsenal on a par if he does well, but they'll need to do more to improve.

Chelsea should improve if they sign Aubameyang, he's the goal hungry striker we should be signing this summer.

With VVD, Keita and Aubameyang I would have us up there with City and Chelsea as favourites for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    I expect Sanchez to go to City, who will push them closer to the title. Lacazette might keep Arsenal on a par if he does well, but they'll need to do more to improve.

Chelsea should improve if they sign Aubameyang, he's the goal hungry striker we should be signing this summer.

With VVD, Keita and Aubameyang I would have us up there with City and Chelsea as favourites for the title.
    If i was Pep I would be all over VVD, and even adding a bit more depth to central midfield. Not sure Sanchez is what they need most? They are another strange team to try and predict where they will finish, it would be no surprise to see them 1st bit equally you could see it all going bad and them missing top 4.

Which team would not want VVD? He would improve any team in the premier league, and you would have thought Saints would prefer to sell too anyone but us, yet you dont see any serious links to anyone but us. Perhaps there is a message there, perhaps the reports are true and VVD really does have his heart set on LFC. Thats an encouraging thought.
    Last edited by VVD17; 16-7-17 at 23:20.