Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardian and others now reporting Naby Keita can join LFC this month for £13 million. (From Page 61)

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Joyce said there was an alternative to Keita. He didn't name any names.
    Amazing stuff
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc View Post
    We'll also have Allan at the club next season. He seems to be developing into a very decent deep-lying playmaker the few times I've seen him play.
    Allan is coming off a horrible season in Germany. He's not going to make it here from people who have watched him last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMontana View Post
    Naby Keita is probably on no more than €20k PW in Germany and we're offering £135,000 PW.
    So he either signs for us or RB Leipzig offer him a similar salary which will then encourage other star players such as Timo Werner & Emil Forsberg to demand similar pay-packets. They also run the risk of not being able to attract new players if they're unwilling to release them from their contracts when the big boys come calling.

So from a business perspective it is in their best interest to sell.
    Do Leipzig still have a salary cap? I'm not sure.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    So what do we do in the meantime? Sign someone else, or make do?
    I would take a punt on Kovacic. He can really add the drive we sometimes lack through midfield.

Do Leipzig still have a salary cap? I'm not sure.
    Well lets hope so, because they will have to restructure this completely by offering Naby Keita a new contract if/when they reject our final offer.

This won't happen, so I hope he has a crap season and his value drops like a stone for next summer. Then they can cash him in for a more realistic 40 million

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    I would take a punt on Kovacic. He can really add the drive we sometimes lack through midfield.
    Seems he's available this summer. Plenty of clubs from here and Italy will be interested I would have thought. This is the frustrating thing about the Keita deal. He's an excellent player, but it's not looking promising, and there are plenty of other players out there. We were sleeping on Kessie who's gone to Milan, Kovacic could have moved by the time we carry on faffing around, not to mention a whole host of others that would immediately improve our midfield. Even if they're not as desired as Keita, there are numerous talented alternatives out there.
    Last edited by ToTaLxTc; 20-7-17 at 22:39.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    **** it. Wack 50 mil on Nianggolan.

What will this make Keith in regards to the most expensive player? All I can think of is Pogba and Bale. I'm sure there's plenty more over the £70M mark.

Quote Originally Posted by longstebe View Post
    What will this make Keith in regards to the most expensive player? All I can think of is Pogba and Bale. I'm sure there's plenty more over the £70M mark.
    Suarez and Lukaku are over too. Also, Higuain, Neymar and Morata. Keita would be top 8, depending on the fee of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaLxTc View Post
    Suarez and Lukaku are over too. Also, Higuain, Neymar and Morata. Keita would be top 8, depending on the fee of course.
    Can't believe I forgot about our Luis......Jeez.

Well, if Klopp really sees this lad as a major force in our starting eleven then we need to pay what it takes. Tbh, I thought the £67M would have clinched the deal, obviously Leipzig are holding out for more, or are 100% not going to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc View Post
    If you're asking me, if Kovacic is available I'd put a bid in for him - I think he's excellent, still only 23, bags of experience. And I really like Seri at Nice.

But if Klopp and the club don't think they're a significant improvement on what we've got, I'd rather wait than chuck money around for more of the same in our squad.

More chances for Woodburn?
    So sign Kovacic now, then hope that Keita doesn't negotiate a new deal which makes his current buy out clause redundant, and then go back again next summer.

I'd do that if a final bid of €85m or so is rejected.

I read this "reports that claim a 75 mil deal had been struck between the clubs at the start of last week. as part of the deal rbl asked lfc to keep the agreement in house for 10 days. in that time they asked Liverpool to submit a number of faux bids that they could reject to make them look as if they put up a fight and to appease their fans."

And i have actually seen reports of this way back, so its possibly true.

Ill be honest i have not seen the kid, like just from Youtube, but i will go there and say he is almost exactly like Gerrard.
    Win Draw Or Lose, YNWA

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Ha ha ha ha.

If we have this kind of available funds for Keita, we should just offer 100M for Suarez - Barca isnt flush with funds, and they can then go buy Mbappe or someone else.

Klopp will just have to use the same Neymar argument to convince Luis, i.e. with Messi, you'll never win player of the year or any other awards, no matter how good you are...plus, you've won everything there already and the wife & kids are older now, and maybe not as desperate to live next to her parents full time for at least a couple seasons

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringLuke View Post
    Throw in one more bid. They'll be so disorientated with the 4th bid that they'll accept in a daze!

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I wonder if there actually is an alternative and if so if they are of sufficient quality.

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringLuke View Post
    Throw in one more bid. They'll be so disorientated with the 4th bid that they'll accept in a daze!
    Try sending Luca Brasi for negotiation. I've heard he gets deals done.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I wonder if there actually is an alternative and if so if they are of sufficient quality.
    There has to be alternatives otherwise what the hell is the plan. The team is fine but we are interested in signing some of the best player in europe to make it better? We're interested in signing Mbappe but not a striker. Van Dijk but not a centre half?

If that's the plan then you better come away with the players or the team is going nowhere.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    There has to be alternatives otherwise what the hell is the plan. The team is fine but we are interested in signing some of the best player in europe to make it better? We're interested in signing Mbappe but not a striker. Van Dijk but not a centre half?

If that's the plan then you better come away with the players or the team is going nowhere.
    I think the plan is "we want to buy great players" and as such, players like Keita and Mbappe, don't have alternatives.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect

It makes sense for some players not others, we literally have to have a Van Dijk alternative, Mbappe Keita not so much.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    It makes sense for some players not others, we literally have to have a Van Dijk alternative, Mbappe Keita not so much.
    If we don't sign a good CB, we can forget about the title. It's the weakest part of our squad.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Joyce - 'Liverpool 'may or may not' sign 'someone', 'sometime' between now and the the end of August...'maybe'.
    We should start calling him Joycetradamus

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    From the ECHOalmeri on Keita

Tancredi Palmeri is a well-known name in the world of social media, considered a ‘transfer guru’ by some because of his relentless stories about who is moving where.

A name so well-known, in fact, that the Express have an ‘exclusive interview’ with him on a whole host of Premier League transfer stories.

No, really.

Naby Keita comes up, unsurprisingly.

Palmeri, who writes for Bein Sports and Gazzetta, amongst others, said:

Mateschitz, the Leipzig owner, is having the time of his life. This guy can buy our lives in seconds. Money isn’t an issue.

Unless Keita misbehaves, unless he sets fire to the Leipzig headquarters, he’s not going to leave. There’s a progression at RB Leipzig that hasn’t hit a ceiling.

People must realise they have just finished second in the Bundesliga after just being promoted. It’s amazing, it’s like when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverred-1973 View Post
    From the ECHOalmeri on Keita

Tancredi Palmeri is a well-known name in the world of social media, considered a ‘transfer guru’ by some because of his relentless stories about who is moving where.

A name so well-known, in fact, that the Express have an ‘exclusive interview’ with him on a whole host of Premier League transfer stories.

No, really.

Naby Keita comes up, unsurprisingly.

Palmeri, who writes for Bein Sports and Gazzetta, amongst others, said:

Mateschitz, the Leipzig owner, is having the time of his life. This guy can buy our lives in seconds. Money isn’t an issue.

Unless Keita misbehaves, unless he sets fire to the Leipzig headquarters, he’s not going to leave. There’s a progression at RB Leipzig that hasn’t hit a ceiling.

People must realise they have just finished second in the Bundesliga after just being promoted. It’s amazing, it’s like when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup.
    Palmeri is wrong. Finishing 2nd after being promoted is nothing like Forest winning the European Cup. He also states it's never happened that the promoted team finishes 2nd, but Kaiserslautern won Bundesliga after promotion as recently as 20 years ago.

Palmeri is a fool just like that Armenian guy, whoose name I forgot. They have zero inside information, but twitter made them popular.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Palmeri is a fool just like that Armenian guy, whoose name I forgot. They have zero inside information, but twitter made them popular.
    I remember that Armenian guy as well, but I don't know Palmeri.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Tancredi blocked me on twitter when I called him out a few years ago.
    ?

There's a point when all clubs will sell a player because it's just good business to do it. Now it might be that Keita is such an exception he's on par with the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo etc but I dont think that's the case. Personally, I think if we had the funds City do, and we offered them €100m then they'd sell him.

There's a point when all clubs will sell a player because it's just good business to do it. Now it might be that Keita is such an exception he's on par with the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo etc but I dont think that's the case. Personally, I think if we had the funds City do, and we offered them €100m then they'd sell him.
    Then just offer €100m. If we are willing to go up to €80m there's no reason not to just pay €100.