Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardian and others now reporting Naby Keita can join LFC this month for £13 million. (From Page 61)

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I think the plan is "we want to buy great players" and as such, players like Keita and Mbappe, don't have alternatives.
    Then you have to sign those players. The plan cannot be we need to sign this centre mid or none at all. What nonsense is this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

This is my first comment on this saga.

Keita is an amazing player and worth the money. However, if his club doesn't want to sell then with that money we shouldn't be worrying. We should be getting the required quality. The main problem we have is not money, not the manager and not the owners. It is our scouting department. I am 100% sure it's a micky-mouse dpt that. They have no ********g clue of what they do. They struggle to come up with viable players. All they do is attend and watch all Southampton matches to come up with our transfer targets. We must have the worst scouts in the world of football and that how bad it is. It's unbelievable and sometimes I actually think we may not actually have any.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    Then just offer €100m. If we are willing to go up to €80m there's no reason not to just pay €100.
    Apart from financial restrictions. It's likely that we cannot afford to spend that if we arent bidding it. Our final bid will be what we can afford to bid, or the point when we accept the player isn't worth that money.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    There's a point when all clubs will sell a player because it's just good business to do it. Now it might be that Keita is such an exception he's on par with the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo etc but I dont think that's the case. Personally, I think if we had the funds City do, and we offered them €100m then they'd sell him.
    If that's the case, then how much do Barca have to offer before we sell Coutinho?

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BAlmeida View Post
    If that's the case, then how much do Barca have to offer before we sell Coutinho?
    95m (pounds).

I've no idea what our breaking point would be. Maybe over £100m. I think we'd sell if the player wanted to go and they offered £120m.

But I dont think thats likely to happen.

If they offered 120m we would be silly not to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallazar View Post
    This is my first comment on this saga.

Keita is an amazing player and worth the money. However, if his club doesn't want to sell then with that money we shouldn't be worrying. We should be getting the required quality. The main problem we have is not money, not the manager and not the owners. It is our scouting department. I am 100% sure it's a micky-mouse dpt that. They have no ********g clue of what they do. They struggle to come up with viable players. All they do is attend and watch all Southampton matches to come up with our transfer targets. We must have the worst scouts in the world of football and that how bad it is. It's unbelievable and sometimes I actually think we may not actually have any.
    If they watch only Southamption, how are we buying a player from Chelsea's reserves, Hull and Roma then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazlaz74 View Post
    we'd be silly not to take 90m. He's a very good player but, he's not a Suarez good player and he is prone to the odd spell out and then take time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazlaz74 View Post
    Why?

He's a world class player and it's highly unlikely we'll sign anyone close to that level, we're already struggling to get our top targets in and have people not learned from Suarez that losing your best players doesn't spell anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    we'd be silly not to take 90m. He's a very good player but, he's not a Suarez good player and he is prone to the odd spell out and then take time to recover.
    Why do Barcelona want him then?

The problem with selling Coutinho is who would we replace him with? With all the current problems we're encountering in our pursuit of our targets, I can envision us just banking the money and dropping out of the top 4 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Why do Barcelona want him then?
    Because he's good enough to play for them and they could make him even better. Plus they already have Suarez.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Why?

He's a world class player and it's highly unlikely we'll sign anyone close to that level, we're already struggling to get our top targets in and have people not learned from Suarez that losing your best players doesn't spell anything good.
    The problem with selling Coutinho is who would we replace him with? With all the current problems we're encountering in our pursuit of our targets, I can envision us just banking the money and dropping out of the top 4 again!
    This!
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

Yes we could only sell if we did an Everton and spent the money first - i.e. not sell until we have Keita, VVD and an other up front, in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    If they watch only Southamption, how are we buying a player from Chelsea's reserves, Hull and Roma then?
    They do that when Southampton is not playing on the day. They go and watch the reserves at Chelsea playing. Salah was scouted long long time ago.

Yes we could only sell if we did an Everton and spent the money first - i.e. not sell until we have Keita, VVD and an other up front, in the bag.
    This! We will have to do this, I think.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Feeling blue, well not any more thanks to Amadou:

@makadjiamadou 8m
    Le dossier #NabyKeita entre dans une phase décisive. Les voyants sont au vert pour un transfert du Guinéen vers #Liverpool
    Translated from French by Bing Wrong translation?
    The #NabyKeita file enters a decisive phase. The lights are green for a transfer of the Guinean to #Liverpool

@makadjiamadou 8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Après avoir rejeté 2 offres de #Liverpool, #Leipzig aura du mal à résister à la 3e offre de 80M d'euros des reds, n'ayant plus trop le choix
    After rejecting 2 offers of #Liverpool, #Leipzig will be hard to resist the 3rd offer of 80 M euros of the reds, having too much choice

More
    Face à la détermination des Reds et à celle de Naby de partir le club allemand est sur le point de céder. La semaine prochaine sera décisive
    In the face of the determination of the Reds and Naby to leave the German club is about to give. Next week will be decisive

@makadjiamadou 9m9 minutes ago
    More
    Des rencontres sont prévues dans les prochains jours entre les différentes parties pour tenter de finaliser ce dossier chaud du #Mercato
    Meetings are scheduled in the next few days among the parties to try to finalize this hot folder of the #Mercato

We could still meet the same wall, but this is definitely a change in the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallazar View Post
    They do that when Southampton is not playing on the day. They go and watch the reserves at Chelsea playing. Salah was scouted long long time ago.
    Do you really think our scouts need to watch Southampton every day to see how good VVD is?

Isn't it just Klopp seeing him a few times and deciding he's the man to solve our defensive problems?

I know which one is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post

@makadjiamadou 8m
    Le dossier #NabyKeita entre dans une phase décisive. Les voyants sont au vert pour un transfert du Guinéen vers #Liverpool
    The #NabyKeita file enters a decisive phase. The lights are green for a transfer of the Guinean to #Liverpool

More
    Après avoir rejeté 2 offres de #Liverpool, #Leipzig aura du mal à résister à la 3e offre de 80M d'euros des reds, n'ayant plus trop le choix
    After rejecting 2 offers of #Liverpool, #Leipzig will be hard to resist the 3rd offer of 80 M euros of the reds, having too much choice

More
    Face à la détermination des Reds et à celle de Naby de partir le club allemand est sur le point de céder. La semaine prochaine sera décisive
    In the face of the determination of the Reds and Naby to leave the German club is about to give. Next week will be decisive

More
    Des rencontres sont prévues dans les prochains jours entre les différentes parties pour tenter de finaliser ce dossier chaud du #Mercato
    Meetings are scheduled in the next few days among the parties to try to finalize this hot folder of the #Mercato

Les voyants means the fortune-tellers

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    “They don’t have to sell players. When I was at Dortmund we always had to sell players.”

“Meanwhile, they don’t have to sell players any more so, obviously, I’m always a little bit too late.”

“What can I say? There’s nothing to say about this.”

Sounds promising.

Journos from Guinea are saying they still expect this to happen and that Leipzig will accept out next bid. I'm sorry but i don't see how they completely change there stance over an extra £4 million.

Also, hasn't the owner of the entire red bull company said it wont happen? Men of that stature very very rarely go back on there word!
    Last edited by Morsy; 21-7-17 at 10:12.

£100 million minimum. I'm sorry but he's the very least of double the importance to us then Kyle Walker was to Spurs. He's also one of the best in his position and not a full back

Quote Originally Posted by foreverred-1973 View Post
    Les voyants means the fortune-tellers
    You sure about that? There was a movie with Robert De Niro called Les Voyants Rouges, I have the French DVD.

The English title is Red Lights. So I can bet a tenner it can mean a lot of things even without knowing French.

You sure about that? There was a movie with Robert De Niro called Les Voyants Rouges, I have the French DVD.

The English title is Red Lights. So I can bet a tenner it can mean a lot of things even without knowing French.
    Colloquially it's a fortune-teller and in Africa it's clearly used as this because they are an important part of a lot of African societies especially west African, but it indeed means also warning lamp or warning light. We have a lot of leaflets in our letterbox in french language of African Voyants offering their services.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post

@makadjiamadou 8m

More

More

More

Who is this dude?

Who is this dude?
    Guinean journalist.

Guinean journalist.
    Yes I gathered that but why is he reliable? I have seen his tweets posted as if they are great news.

Yes I gathered that but why is he reliable? I have seen his tweets posted as if they are great news.
    I guess we'll know how reliable he is once Keita is signed. Or not.

GivinItBifters is online now Academy prospect
    Les voyants = LEDs

Obviously lights