Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2160

Thread: Guardian and others now reporting Naby Keita can join LFC this month for £13 million. (From Page 61)

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    Think the club might be more circumspect with those guys after the VVD fiasco in summer (tho that was as much the club's fault too)
    Not sure it was the club unless they allowed the story to break early which I doubt.

As these stories are emanating from Germany, there may be something to it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar the Red View Post
    Not sure it was the club unless they allowed the story to break early which I doubt.

I certainly hope so!

I think people at the club were too busy patting themselves on the back in summer when VVD chose us, and they wanted everyone to know via the unofficial mouthpieces....problem was doing that before making a ...... bid!

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    I certainly hope so!

I think people at the club were too busy patting themselves on the back in summer when VVD chose us, and they wanted everyone to know via the unofficial mouthpieces....problem was doing that before making a ...... bid!
    Yeah the important bit was kinda missed.

Not sure why there was a rush to get the news out at all. Reporting in the press wasn't going to solidify it. I think that it was broke without club approval and that is why the news on signings by them is limited despite others who 'know' tidbits saying things to the contrary.

Leipzig trolling again, they have told some Journos that he is leaving this month and others that he isn't going anywhere! German Jokers... rare thing!

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    In any event barring something catastrophic we should be able to get him this month.
    I think we'll sit on our hands and let him stay. I don't see us signing anyone else this January.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIZ0U View Post
    Leipzig trolling again, they have told some Journos that he is leaving this month and others that he isn't going anywhere! German Jokers... rare thing!
    Or it's the manager saying one thing and the board another, which was a similar story last summer.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar the Red View Post

That's just it. Its come from the RBL camp so to speak.

James Pearce and the alike are probably getting no viable information from LFC anymore after the VVD fiasco in the summer.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    That's just it. Its come from the RBL camp so to speak.

James Pearce and the alike are probably getting no viable information from LFC anymore after the VVD fiasco in the summer.
    Or he's contacted the clubs and has reported what they've told him.

I think we'll sign him this month.

There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I think we'll sign him this month.

There, I said it.
    Agreed. It seems very likely now. Especially with his reported attitude to training sessions at Leipzig. His position seems somewhat untenable over there.

I read somewhere that they would get 67 million if they qualify for the CL and 57 if they only qualify for the EL. If this is correct then I can only imagine they would only consider to sell if we pay the 67 million (as a minimum). Otherwise I cant really see why they would do it.

Difficult to tell what are the chances of him coming anyway, it is such a strange deal, I donít think I have ever seen something like that before.

What I don't like is him creating a fuss in training etc. and his drop in performance this season. There's a code of conduct which every professional should adhere to. Coutinho faking injury but playing for Brazil simultaneously was similar.
    Look, he is gonna be ours soon but I would appreciate that players have certain dignity for the club they are leaving. Having said that he could have been just very ill advised by his agent or his camp to push for a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post
    What I don't like is him creating a fuss in training etc. and his drop in performance this season. There's a code of conduct which every professional should adhere to. Coutinho faking injury but playing for Brazil simultaneously was similar.
    Look, he is gonna be ours soon but I would appreciate that players have certain dignity for the club they are leaving. Having said that he could have been just very ill advised by his agent or his camp to push for a move.
    did he actually create a fuss though? or have the media created the fuss?
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    Agreed. It seems very likely now. Especially with his reported attitude to training sessions at Leipzig. His position seems somewhat untenable over there.
    There is obviously a price that they would accept because they are losing him in the summer and he has not really been playing well this season.

The question is how much and if the rumours about how his contract is strudturated then we are looking at paying 67 million at the very least, possibly more since Leipzig are very likely to get that money in the summer anywaybjt they will obviously not be able to use him in the EL. Unless this is a extorsionate figure then we should go for it.

When a player wants to leave, there is not much you can do to keep him in the club.

Best to get the maximum money you can and reinvest in a player who does want to be there. These one year loan deals never work most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    did he actually create a fuss though? or have the media created the fuss?
    No smoke without fire.

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    When a player wants to leave, there is not much you can do to keep him in the club.

Best to get the maximum money you can and reinvest in a player who does want to be there. These one year loan deals almost never works.
    Well, he is not in a loan now, isnít he? This is more like a deferred sale and at this stage we donít even know how much are we going to pay for him.

No smoke without fire.
    yep but it's hardly proof.
    Eagle Face Moron

KeÔta hasn't been playing as well as last season, but he's still been one of the best CMs in BuLi.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Well, he is not in a loan now, isn’t he? This is more like a deferred sale and at this stage we don’t even know how much are we going to pay for him.
    For me, it's similar to a loan deal. He's signed for us for next summer anyway and this is nothing but a glorified loan deal for a year in his perspective.

Keita clearly doesn't want to be there and he wanted to move in the summer. It's similar to the Coutinho situation with us.. Klopp knew that an underperforming and sulking Coutinho would be of no good to us in the second half of the season. Leipzig would do well to take the money and run, especially as it looks like we are prepared to pay significantly more money to get him in now.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    yep but it's hardly proof.
    No one saw Coutinho's medical report when he was faking injury but almost everyone believed that he was fine.
    It's upto you to believe the media reports or not. I have no ambition to convince you on the same. But it all adds up and looks far more likely than unlikely.

No one saw Coutinho's medical report when he was faking injury but almost everyone believed that he was fine.
    It's upto you to believe the media reports or not. I have no ambition to convince you on the same. But it all adds up and looks far more likely than unlikely.
    thats right but we did see him play in a friendly for brazil 4 days later and then miss one more of our games after.
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    KeÔta hasn't been playing as well as last season, but he's still been one of the best CMs in BuLi.
    Keita is a terrific player but that league is a joke tbh.
    I was watching Leverkusen vs Bayern last night. The way these teams roll over for Munich is unreal. And Bayern weren't even playing well. The standard in that league is very very poor.

He didnít have any injury, he probably said to the club he was not going to play anymore and both , club and player, decided that it was better that he was injured, who came up with the idea is anyone guess but at this stage this is irrelevant.

This is, and has always been, a players narket. Thatís why it really makes me laugh when I hear the old expression of ďwe hold all cards hereĒ when we have seen it time and time again that player power will eventually succeed.

If all we have to do is pay them what they would make if they were to qualify for CL and maybe a few million more just do it.

I was watching Leverkusen vs Bayern last night. The way these teams roll over for Munich is unreal. And Bayern weren't even playing well. The standard in that league is very very poor.
    Yes, as oppose to Man City who is having such a tough time to win the league.

to be fair , the league is closer in germany than england, says a lot about the overpaid mercenaries in england
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    For me, it's similar to a loan deal. He's signed for us for next summer anyway and this is nothing but a glorified loan deal for a year in his perspective.

Keita clearly doesn't want to be there and he wanted to move in the summer. It's similar to the Coutinho situation with us.. Klopp knew that an underperforming and sulking Coutinho would be of no good to us in the second half of the season. Leipzig would do well to take the money and run, especially as it looks like we are prepared to pay significantly more money to get him in now.

True. Southampton have learned a similar lesson too. Keeping a player against their will rarely works. Itís a catch 22 for clubs who want to retain their best players but risk all the off field issues. Unless that player buckles down and still does his best, youíre in trouble. That said, I think we should stick to our agreement for him to come in the summer, if anything to show that as a club, we stick to our word not to interfere with him till after the season.